Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?

Read 19219 times
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Re: What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #115: Sep 17, 2014 09:59:56 am
      Well there are wankers in every city but at least you guys seem to stay well hidden.

I'm from Perth, and despite being relatively young am still older than my "local team" and me dads scouse. F**k geography I was born a red, live as a red and I'll sure as hell die a red and no internet troll can ever tell me otherwise.

Anyone who posts something you don't like is a troll then?maybe it's you're just an over sensitive beaut.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #116: Sep 17, 2014 10:51:43 am
      Quote from Jim B
      There's nothing local so the club may as well up sticks to Milton Keyes    It should make it easier for the LFCFAMILY and that's what really counts.Even the Liverpool in the name is like an insult to our fantastic followers

Considering the club didn't make it a few hundred yards down the road, Milton Keynes may well be insurmountable. But the club now reflects the wide diversity of everyone from the owners to the fans, and welcomes them all equally, as it should. Postcodes are mere technicalities.

If location is the be all and end all to you, you could always upsticks and support Athletic Bilbao and join their crusade against all foreigners. Any takers?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #117: Sep 17, 2014 10:54:27 am

Anyone who posts something you don't like is a troll then?maybe it's you're just an over sensitive beaut.

That wouldn't be Jim Beaut would it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #118: Sep 17, 2014 11:04:13 am
      Someone telling someone they are not a true Liverpool supporter just because they don't live in Liverpool? Guess that's it then. Oh well, it's been fun

We ain't being sensitive beauts, we ain't being touchy, we ain't being anything, but you are being unreasonable here

Ask yourself this question, in this day and age, if it were in the power of the club to do so, and they had to choose, who do you think they'd say piss off to if they had to:

1. The few 'local' supporters and the cash they pour into the club

Or

2. The other local supporters and the global supporters who combined pour more cash into the club in one year than those few locals will in a lifetime?

Makes you think. Well, makes me think

I'd advise you to move on because times have changed; it's no longer just about local support (if it ever has been), it's about "support", period.

Just because you are lucky enough that your parents decided to 'get it on' in L4 doesn't give you the right to decide who is and isn't a 'true' supporter. Point of fact, it's actually you who is being the sensitive beaut here. Overly worried that the world is coming to take away your club or something crazy like that.

Local support feeds global support and global support feeds local support. Cap in hand. Can't have it both ways. You want your cake and want to eat it too?

Fine, then we'll just make disappear

Dalglish, Rush, Paisley, Shankly, Rafa, Toshack, Rodgers, Keegan, Barnes, Beardsley, Aldo, Suarez, Fagan, even questionable Torres, Owen, FSG. Or what if you'd said no to Clemence, Grobbelaar, Reina, Alonso, Garcia, Molby, Hansen, Lawrenson, because they weren't born in Liverpool? You don't want the global supports but want the global personnel? You can't. It won't work with your way of thinking

You're in the minority because you chose to place yourself there
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #119: Sep 17, 2014 11:21:04 am
      Funny that we won everything before the web and a load of people latching onto the club from overseas because of the telly.
      Oh dear.

Alright Jim, can I ask what age you are?

The reason I'm asking is because. although I'm not from Liverpool, I have been going to matches from I was 10 year old [1971]. You probably won't remember this (you can ask your Daddy) but even in the 70's and before, Liverpool F.C. had a huge, World-wide, following.

Long before 'the web' and 'the telly' I often, at the games I attended, got talking to fans from Norway, Australia, Canada and Ireland, for example.

Back then, [I'm guessing before you were born] Liverpool F.C. (unlike your good-self) actually took great pride in that fact. Again you can ask your Daddy. Back then the club actually produced a badge/patch which proclaimed their pride.  Hell it was even reproduced on every plastic bag from the club shop.

The thing is: you are wrong - even when we were 'winning everything' - we had supporters from all over the world. Did you ever stop to think why Liverpool always had support like that; that maybe it's because it was a port city? Or maybe also because Reds migrated all over the world; remaining loyal and rearing their kids as Reds?

It could very well be you are just a troll or a wum or a bitter masquerading as a Red but I'm happy enough to give you a by-ball and mark your ignorance down to age and or lack of intelligence. I guess your response will guide us in the right direction.  :-\
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #120: Sep 17, 2014 11:21:43 am
      I'm confused, my formative years, in which I first started following football, were in Germany.  Does that now mean I have to support Munster or should I follow the team I first saw live?  If so, luckily for me that was Liverpool, though not sure it counts, they were the away team  My family has been nomadic, one of my granddad's lived most his teen years in Liverpool, after leaving Ireland (a country that has a massive LFC fanbase).  I've lived in 23 places in my life, thinking about moving again soon, itchy feet, do I have to be one of those whoppers who change teams every time they move?  One thing I've never associated with LFC is the Little Islander type bigot, but you always have a few numpties, in every group.

We Didn't Burn Him! - The League of Gentlemen - BBC comedy
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #121: Sep 17, 2014 11:25:54 am
      So Jim B, because I live 24 miles from Anfield and don't live in Merseyside I can't be a true Red. Get a grip, I live 8 miles from PNE but my first football experience was at LFC so that's my team and has been for 27 years. Anybody else think this clown is a WUM?????.

YNWA
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #122: Sep 17, 2014 11:28:28 am
      Someone telling someone they are not a true Liverpool supporter just because they don't live in Liverpool? Guess that's it then. Oh well, it's been fun

We ain't being sensitive beauts, we ain't being touchy, we ain't being anything, but you are being unreasonable here

Ask yourself this question, in this day and age, if it were in the power of the club to do so, and they had to choose, who do you think they'd say piss off to if they had to:

1. The few 'local' supporters and the cash they pour into the club

Or

2. The other local supporters and the global supporters who combined pour more cash into the club in one year than those few locals will in a lifetime?

Makes you think. Well, makes me think

I'd advise you to move on because times have changed; it's no longer just about local support (if it ever has been), it's about "support", period.

Just because you are lucky enough that your parents decided to 'get it on' in L4 doesn't give you the right to decide who is and isn't a 'true' supporter. Point of fact, it's actually you who is being the sensitive beaut here. Overly worried that the world is coming to take away your club or something crazy like that.

Local support feeds global support and global support feeds local support. Cap in hand. Can't have it both ways. You want your cake and want to eat it too?

Fine, then we'll just make disappear

Dalglish, Rush, Paisley, Shankly, Rafa, Toshack, Rodgers, Keegan, Barnes, Beardsley, Aldo, Suarez, Fagan, even questionable Torres, Owen, FSG. Or what if you'd said no to Clemence, Grobbelaar, Reina, Alonso, Garcia, Molby, Hansen, Lawrenson, because they weren't born in Liverpool? You don't want the global supports but want the global personnel? You can't. It won't work with your way of thinking

You're in the minority because you chose to place yourself there

I'm bound to be in the minority compared to the bandwagon jumpers from anywhere. I only claim to talk for meself but anyone who doesn't think that's it a common opinion in the city is kidding themselves. You,like so many on here,are examples of celebrity culture. You'd love to turn glory hunting into something noble but it isn't and won't ever be good. All the synthetic outrage and insults are laughable. I don't know exactly why you all get so upset but I could make a good guess
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #123: Sep 17, 2014 11:34:37 am
      I'm bound to be in the minority compared to the bandwagon jumpers from anywhere. I only claim to talk for meself but anyone who doesn't think that's it a common opinion in the city is kidding themselves. You,like so many on here,are examples of celebrity culture. You'd love to turn glory hunting into something noble but it isn't and won't ever be good. All the synthetic outrage and insults are laughable. I don't know exactly why you all get so upset but I could make a good guess

As for the bit in bold certainly not one I've run into often, always been the most welcoming, inclusive city I've been to, match day or not.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #124: Sep 17, 2014 11:34:47 am
      So Jim B, because I live 24 miles from Anfield and don't live in Merseyside I can't be a true Red. Get a grip, I live 8 miles from PNE but my first football experience was at LFC so that's my team and has been for 27 years. Anybody else think this clown is a WUM?????.

YNWA

You were destined to be too big time for Preston. It's unbelievable that you don't know that what I'm saying is an even more common opinion in clubs anywhere you ask.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #125: Sep 17, 2014 11:42:02 am

As for the bit in bold certainly not one I've run into often, always been the most welcoming, inclusive city I've been to, match day or not.

Yer I must be making it up mustn't I?Everyone thinks you're all wonderful. You seem to be completely in the dark about something that's happened for years.  It's just nowadays it's not funny anymore.  The original club has all but gone but you obviously know more about it. As I said I don't claim to speak for anyone else so ignore away if it suits you.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #126: Sep 17, 2014 11:48:12 am
      Yer I must be making it up mustn't I?Everyone thinks you're all wonderful. You seem to be completely in the dark about something that's happened for years.  It's just nowadays it's not funny anymore.  The original club has all but gone but you obviously know more about it. As I said I don't claim to speak for anyone else so ignore away if it suits you.

You're a bit of a tool, aren't you.  I clearly stated in my experience and you think you know better about my experience.   As I previously stated, little islander bigot types are something I've ever associated with our club.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #127: Sep 17, 2014 11:56:51 am
      As I said I don't claim to speak for anyone else..
      But you do and you have.  :dunce2:

The thing is: lots of people in the City are insular, just like you but in my experience they're all bitter Everton fans. If it grunts like a bitter troll, smells like a bitter troll, talks like a bitter troll then, chances are, that's what it is...

Only a troll would join a forum to engage with the very people he despises.  It's time you were gone you bitter pr**k.  ;D

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #128: Sep 17, 2014 12:03:18 pm
      Look where a great FIRST post by Scottish scouser to this thread , ended
       just a word to Jim.B ,
       Please stop offending Liverpool born and non LIVERPOOL FC Fans/supporters/ followers  with your sometimes not understandable  comments
       WE are members of this great forum because of ONE cause (i hope anyway)  The love for LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
      and I'm out of this thread
       YNWA

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #129: Sep 17, 2014 12:04:15 pm

This isn't a Man Utd forum.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #130: Sep 17, 2014 12:18:06 pm
      I'm one of them that think location has F**k all to do with it.

Case in point.  I have a friend who lives on Spellow Lane.  He's a big red who lives 0.8 miles from Anfield - but 400 feet from Goodison Park.

On paper, he's more closer to the enemy than our stadium.

I live in Eccleston, St Helens.  It's WA10 and 9 miles from Anfield.

Yet, I could live Halewood, a Liverpool suburb which is an L26 postcode, but 8.2 miles from the ground.

It just gets ridiculous really.  All this wool calling and you don't have a voice if you live over the water.

I've had more meaningful conversations about Liverpool with guys I worked with in India than I ever have with someone who happens to live in L4
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #131: Sep 17, 2014 12:20:18 pm
      Did Liverpool losing make a c**t of your otherwise good weekend?

"Yes"

Congratulations, you are a Liverpool fan/supporter.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #132: Sep 17, 2014 12:21:59 pm

So you only support anything scouse hey, mmmmm Daglish, Molby, Whelan, Rush do I need to go on naming Legends who are not from Merseyside! What about the 50,000 Balotelli shirts sold in a day do you honestly think in your deluded little mind they were all bought by scousers!! If it was up to you the club would go under. it's down to the true supporters who may not get to Anfield every week, every year or even ever that our club exists. do you think Warrior sponsor us just to make everyone in Liverpool happy. I could go on tearing you to pieces but I don't think your ego could take it so I will leave it at that.
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2014 12:49:35 pm by JD »
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #133: Sep 17, 2014 12:22:25 pm
      But you do and you have.  :dunce2:

The thing is: lots of people in the City are insular, just like you but in my experience they're all bitter Everton fans. If it grunts like a bitter troll, smells like a bitter troll, talks like a bitter troll then, chances are, that's what it is...

Only a troll would join a forum to engage with the very people he despises.  It's time you were gone you bitter pr**k.  ;D

You think you're a bit of a Johnny concrete then you gawpy blert. Sad that this forum's more like a scene out of the Mean Girls. You're more like a Californian bi*ch than a Liverpool fan.Its just a different opinion you dope. Maybe you haven't heard any on here because people get banned for stressing out this gang of tarts.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #134: Sep 17, 2014 12:25:56 pm

You think you're a bit of a Johnny concrete then you gawpy blert. Sad that this forum's more like a scene out of the Mean Girls. You're more like a Californian bi*ch than a Liverpool fan.Its just a different opinion you dope. Maybe you haven't heard any on here because people get banned for stressing out this gang of tarts.

Careful you don't take anyone's eye out with all those shapes you're throwing.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #135: Sep 17, 2014 12:26:16 pm

If you travel miles and miles to follow a famous club a glory hunter is a fair description IMO.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #136: Sep 17, 2014 12:27:44 pm
      Careful you don't take anyone's eye out with all those shapes you're throwing.

Sound ta. Make sure you don't throw a tantrum.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #137: Sep 17, 2014 12:29:08 pm
      If you travel miles and miles to follow a famous club a glory hunter is a fair description IMO.

You think away fans are glory hunters.

Alrighty then.

Quick Reply