Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?

Read 19222 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #69: Sep 15, 2014 01:22:03 am
      I think your favourite team has to be Liverpool FC.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Sep 15, 2014 01:38:37 am

Great rugby stadium!
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #71: Sep 15, 2014 08:29:35 am
      I think location has nothing to do with it.

You'd be wrong then.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #72: Sep 15, 2014 09:23:04 am
      No longer is attending the game the sign of fandom.  That's just financial capability. 

When I was on holiday I didn't have the energy to get myself down to the local bar at 1am to watch our friendlies.  There are plenty of people on here who are up at 3am or whatever every week watching the game.

I think, if Liverpool get beat on a Saturday and it affects your mood and thoughts for the rest of the weekend then you are a supporter.

Trust me, there are plenty of people who go the game who the result has very little impact on their next 5 minutes never mind weekend/week.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #73: Sep 15, 2014 09:51:22 am
      No longer is attending the game the sign of fandom.  That's just financial capability. 

When I was on holiday I didn't have the energy to get myself down to the local bar at 1am to watch our friendlies.  There are plenty of people on here who are up at 3am or whatever every week watching the game.

I think, if Liverpool get beat on a Saturday and it affects your mood and thoughts for the rest of the weekend then you are a supporter.

Trust me, there are plenty of people who go the game who the result has very little impact on their next 5 minutes never mind weekend/week.

Exactamundo.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #74: Sep 15, 2014 10:12:31 am
      I hear so much that people are desperate for a ticket, so I was disgusted with our support on Saturday afternoon. People leaving at 84 mins isn't Anfield, do we want to be tarred with the same brush as OT or Stamford Bridge. Fans live in different parts of the world or are financially restrained and for those people I feel for because Anfield is a unique experience and every fan should get the chance to go. I am privileged to go to Anfield every other week, I never leave before the final whistle NEVER. I was honestly as upset about our support leaving as I was at the result. For it shows a lack of respect to those who can't go, and the away support were loving it and this coming from a club who have a half full stadium every other week. F***ing hell lads and ladies sort it out. A true fan for me stays till the end!!!!!.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #75: Sep 15, 2014 10:23:46 am

Bingo.

Ruined my weekend big time, and I'm thankful for Tuesday so we can recover (or try to)

We have a bloke in work who is a fan, yet doesn't watch or go to the games.

But - he's a fan, he might not be a fanatic.  Who am I to question how he supports Liverpool.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #76: Sep 15, 2014 11:08:06 am
      People leaving at 84 mins isn't Anfield. For it shows a lack of respect to those who can't go, and the away support were loving it and this coming from a club who have a half full stadium every other week. F***ing hell lads and ladies sort it out. A true fan for me stays till the end!!!!!.

Absolutly agree. It is also showing a respect for a club. In times such this it is seen who is the true supporter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Reply #77: Sep 15, 2014 01:04:48 pm
      I hear so much that people are desperate for a ticket, so I was disgusted with our support on Saturday afternoon. People leaving at 84 mins isn't Anfield, do we want to be tarred with the same brush as OT or Stamford Bridge. Fans live in different parts of the world or are financially restrained and for those people I feel for because Anfield is a unique experience and every fan should get the chance to go. I am privileged to go to Anfield every other week, I never leave before the final whistle NEVER. I was honestly as upset about our support leaving as I was at the result. For it shows a lack of respect to those who can't go, and the away support were loving it and this coming from a club who have a half full stadium every other week. F***ing hell lads and ladies sort it out. A true fan for me stays till the end!!!!!.

Bullshit, done it plenty of times before, especially when getting embarrassed at the Pit early 90s and it's nothing new anyway, been going on for decades. In fact you'd hate some of the scally lads/arlarses who've been going for years who sometimes F**k off the second half in league cup and league games and just F**k off back to the pub.

Just for the record, I fu**ed off right on the final whistle.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #78: Sep 15, 2014 11:01:08 pm

Ah Diego from Rio... you used to post on a Saints rugby fans forum a few years back didn't you. I'm a St Helens rugby nut as well as an LFC obsessive compulsive, I hate it when any big rugby games are held at Old Trafford, makes me feel sick going near that Manc ratbag place, a feeling I'm sure we can all appreciate.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #79: Sep 16, 2014 06:59:06 am
      Exactly

Saturday night I was out with my friends having a few bottles of grog, and I was enjoying. Every now and then I'd remember the loss, and I was instantly depressed. Full on downer

It's Tuesday and I'm still gutted we lost to Villa and all day yesterday I was snapping at friends and loved ones because of it.

My 15 year old actually cried; had tears in his eyes

Screw location
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #80: Sep 16, 2014 10:10:04 am
      Think what you want Huyton, took me years to get a ST and I for one want to experience every minute when I go the game. Win or lose, I to have been going for decades also. Stand by what I said.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #81: Sep 16, 2014 10:28:04 am
      Location is important however much you pretend it's not.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #82: Sep 16, 2014 10:29:14 am
      Exactly

Saturday night I was out with my friends having a few bottles of grog, and I was enjoying. Every now and then I'd remember the loss, and I was instantly depressed. Full on downer

It's Tuesday and I'm still gutted we lost to Villa and all day yesterday I was snapping at friends and loved ones because of it.

My 15 year old actually cried; had tears in his eyes

Screw location

Is all that supposed to prove you're some sort of great red?
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #83: Sep 16, 2014 01:30:03 pm
      I agree with JD, this season tho' we don't have to wait too long for next game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: Sep 16, 2014 02:15:17 pm

Is all that supposed to prove you're some sort of great red?

How about giving us your description of being a fan rather than ridiculing other posters.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #85: Sep 16, 2014 02:20:55 pm
      How about giving us your description of being a fan rather than ridiculing other posters.

I thought he made himself look a bit daft without my help. There's no description of a fan nowadays it can mean anything or nothing. I'd describe his type of fan as a try too hard.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #86: Sep 16, 2014 02:29:36 pm
      I thought he made himself look a bit daft without my help. There's no description of a fan nowadays it can mean anything or nothing. I'd describe his type of fan as a try too hard.

So somebody describing what it means to them to support this fantastic football club is being daft or trying too hard?

Each to their own I suppose.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #87: Sep 16, 2014 02:36:04 pm
      So somebody describing what it means to them to support this fantastic football club is being daft or trying too hard?

Each to their own I suppose.

Yer it's trying too hard. Similar to you saying this fantastic club to show how committed you are.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      Reply #88: Sep 16, 2014 02:43:25 pm
      You're doing just enough to be a bellend though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #89: Sep 16, 2014 02:44:19 pm

Yer it's trying too hard. Similar to you saying this fantastic club to show how committed you are.

So you don't think it's a fantastic club or you don't feel the need to say it is?

Personally I love telling anyone who'll listen what an amazing club I support, I'm a proud Red but I'd only expect opposition fans to take issue or ridicule that support, not one of our own.

Anyway, there's a Reds match to watch and proper Reds to discuss it with.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      Reply #90: Sep 16, 2014 02:47:26 pm
      Don't give them the time of day Reddebs

If they're pissing everyone off after just hitting double figures on a post count, their intentions are pretty clear to me.

They're obviously immature and just wanting to invoke a response from true red supporters :D

They'll soon move on
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #91: Sep 16, 2014 02:52:00 pm
      Don't give them the time of day Reddebs

If they're pissing everyone off after just hitting double figures on a post count, their intentions are pretty clear to me.

They're obviously immature and just wanting to invoke a response from true red supporters :D

They'll soon move on

Probably a Manc who has registered to piss every one off.

Quick Reply