Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Sad Deterioration of Paul Gascoigne

Read 8961 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: The Sad Deterioration of Paul Gascoigne
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2014 09:51:54 am
      Swapping alcohol for weed was the best thing I ever did.

I used to drink excessively and didn't think it was harming me. It wasn't until I stopped that I realised just how bad the stuff can be and how it can turn the most loving of people into ghosts of their former self. I only drink on special occasions now and even then it's only because it's deemed socially acceptable where as weed isn't.

I'm not against anyone enjoying a pint or two but selling litre bottles of Vodka to people who are obviously struggling with addiction is immoral.

I hope for the best regarding Gazza but I've seen this story played out before and unless he decides to make a change himself then i'm afraid he'll just become another statistic.

Good luck Gazza
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #24: Oct 09, 2014 10:17:10 am
      Swapping alcohol for weed was the best thing I ever did.

I used to drink excessively and didn't think it was harming me. It wasn't until I stopped that I realised just how bad the stuff can be and how it can turn the most loving of people into ghosts of their former self. I only drink on special occasions now and even then it's only because it's deemed socially acceptable where as weed isn't.

I'm not against anyone enjoying a pint or two but selling litre bottles of Vodka to people who are obviously struggling with addiction is immoral.

I hope for the best regarding Gazza but I've seen this story played out before and unless he decides to make a change himself then i'm afraid he'll just become another statistic.

Good luck Gazza

I think the weed is just as bad mate, not having a go as i have indulged  myself but seeing some of my friends from years ago who are still on it is a shock on times paranoia being the biggest thing, fck some of them dont even go out anymore just stay in on the weed ,i just think the effects of the weed take a lot longer to surface but are just as damaging mentally though.instead of physical.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #25: Oct 09, 2014 12:12:02 pm
      I think the weed is just as bad mate, not having a go as i have indulged  myself but seeing some of my friends from years ago who are still on it is a shock on times paranoia being the biggest thing, fck some of them dont even go out anymore just stay in on the weed ,i just think the effects of the weed take a lot longer to surface but are just as damaging mentally though.instead of physical.

Agree with that Andy, same here.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #26: Oct 09, 2014 12:45:28 pm
      Agree with that Andy, same here.

Hows you mate .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #27: Oct 09, 2014 03:58:14 pm

I'm fine thank's Andy, things are a bit up and down at the moment but fine! How's your good self and the family?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: Oct 09, 2014 04:01:00 pm
      I'm fine thank's Andy, things are a bit up and down at the moment but fine! How's your good self and the family?

Couldn't detect sarcasm there gaz, I think he wanted you to expand on your comment mate. I may be wrong like.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #29: Oct 09, 2014 04:04:26 pm
      Couldn't detect sarcasm there gaz, I think he wanted you to expand on your comment mate. I may be wrong like.

Trust you  :laughing-smiley-014:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #30: Oct 09, 2014 06:45:03 pm

Things ok mate will call over one day when im up that neck of the woods.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #31: Oct 09, 2014 11:26:18 pm

You make a valid point that for some people weed is bad.

An old friend used to get very paranoid after the smallest amount. He once slept in a field because he was terrified of something happening if he went home. For me personally, i don't get paranoid and if i did i'd stop. I'm just the dopey bloke looking at the wildlife by day and the stars by night ;D.

LFCexiled
      Reply #32: May 21, 2015 10:56:00 am
      I think the sad deterioration of Gazza may well come to an end now he's just won £188,000 from The Mirror phone hacking sh*t, I can't see him making it through spending all of it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33: Oct 15, 2016 09:06:25 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Oct 16, 2016 08:35:40 pm

Quick Reply