Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Why are the media so Man Utd friendly?

Read 3383 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Why are the media so Man Utd friendly?
      Aug 24, 2014 12:42:49 pm
      Ok I don't like them so there will be an anti utd agenda but that doesn't mean Im not right. The media love utd. They never ever stop about them.

Yes they are a great club any person who denies that is in denial. But are they any better then us or Arsenal? Not to me but they get a whole lot more coverage. Actually as I post this sky are ramming utd down my throat now despite the fact Hull and Stoke are up first.

Ive seen some local lads here suggest its the nanc media but its the London media to. Despite the fact London has 2 maybe 3 big clubs they write more about utd then the local clubs.

Why? What is it that the media finds so intriguing about them?
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2014 12:20:39 am by RedPuppy »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Why are the media so man utd friendly?
      Reply #1: Aug 24, 2014 12:45:38 pm
      Ok I don't like them so there will be an anti utd agenda but that doesn't mean Im not right. The media love utd. They never ever stop about them.

Yes they are a great club any person who denies that is in denial. But are they any better then us or Arsenal? Not to me but they get a whole lot more coverage. Actually as I post this sky are ramming utd down my throat now despite the fact Hull and Stoke are up first.

Ive seen some local lads here suggest its the nanc media but its the London media to. Despite the fact London has 2 maybe 3 big clubs they write more about utd then the local clubs.

Why? What is it that the media finds so intriguing about them?

Because Ferguscum  told them that's the way it's gonna be boys! In all Honesty Brian their resurgence started  about the same time as Sky's emergence. One of Sky's problems is their reluctance to speak of anything pre-sky, in other words the only team that's been consistently successful is Scumchester ! Other teams need 14 Sky premiership titles before anyone other than the mancs get any credit!
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014 01:17:04 pm by frizzby5 »
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Aug 24, 2014 03:25:24 pm
      Because Ferguscum  told them that's the way it's gonna be boys! In all Honesty Brian their resurgence started  about the same time as Sky's emergence. One of Sky's problems is their reluctance to speak of anything pre-sky, in other words the only team that's been consistently successful is Scumchester ! Other teams need 14 Sky premiership titles before anyone other than the mancs get any credit!
      This, pretty much.

That and they have the largest fan base in the country.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Aug 24, 2014 07:17:55 pm
      It's unreal the coverage United get, you would be mistaken thinking winning is there god gives right.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Aug 24, 2014 07:24:26 pm
      they have been the darlings of the media for a very longtime even going back to the 60's.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5: Aug 24, 2014 07:38:48 pm
      they have been the darlings of the media for a very longtime even going back to the 60's.

The 60's attention may well be justified due to the aftermath of Munich and the rebuild of Sir matt's team but once he quit they went downhill resulting in relegation in 74, hopefully they do the same after Slur alex's departure!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2014 11:05:14 pm
      Until we can start getting a few PL titles under our belt it is going to stay the way it is , manc lovin drivvle , Van Gaal this and Van Gaal that . I deliberately avoid newspapers except the Echo all because since i can remember they've been sucking their balls .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2014 11:33:15 pm
      I'm not sure how it was in the past but I'm sure their success over the last couple of decades dicatates that they will get a lot of media attention and add their recent woes means they will always be in the forefront of the media's minds.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2014 11:35:40 pm
      If United were about to sign Balotelli it would be all you would see on SSN.
      Last couple of days there's been barely a mention.

Suck it in you biased fucks.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2014 12:02:36 pm
      It's kind of understandable given they were the the dominant team for a large part of the premier league era. "Were" being the operative word.

The more media coverage those tw*ts get the better if you ask me it will only further put the spotlight on how sh*te they are.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2014 12:21:59 pm
      Decades of complimentary gifts to the respective journalists, stadium bans to the disrespectful journalists. Basically the old soak ruled 'his' journalists with a rule of fear, write a negative article and he'd ban them and take away their livelihood by banning them from all of his hosted entertainments (pressers) but if they were good boys then he'd reward them with complimentary stay behinds and imbibements.

Iron fist and brown envelopes were the rule of thumb under c**t chops.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2014 12:32:53 pm
      Decades of complimentary gifts to the respective journalists, stadium bans to the disrespectful journalists. Basically the old soak ruled 'his' journalists with a rule of fear, write a negative article and he'd ban them and take away their livelihood by banning them from all of his hosted entertainments (pressers) but if they were good boys then he'd reward them with complimentary stay behinds and imbibements.

Iron fist and brown envelopes were the rule of thumb under c**t chops.

Not forgetting of course the representation they enjoyed with one of their directors on the FA board.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2014 12:38:01 pm
      Not forgetting of course the representation they enjoyed with one of their directors on the FA board.

Which I'm surprised hasn't continued now he's 'moved up' in the world. I'd imagine getting out of there was something he was glad of, years of dealing with the old b***ard must've been a nightmare.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2014 01:19:40 pm
      It's really not that surprising as United are the biggest brand in the PL.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2014 01:33:43 pm
      It's really not that surprising as United are the biggest brand in the PL.

Partially maybe but if Suarez would've signed for them do you think he would've been vilified by the tabloids and TV as much? Not a chance.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2014 01:42:35 pm
      They are the Media's heroes it seems, even when they do wrong it's only because they aren't being the Man U the media know they can earn money off making them be.
      I understand the bias but I feel it's going to turn into joke status with them, even in the media, more mockery and pressure on them to regain their prowess.
      Over the years under Alex Ferguson, I think everyone will agree even when being reasonable about it that they got away with absolute murder in terms of coverage, leniency by officials, Fergie time, saying whatever slur Alex wanted to say, treating other professionals like dirt, ranting and raving, spitting out his chewy, drinking on the job = bullying their way to the top.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2014 01:42:43 pm
      Partially maybe but if Suarez would've signed for them do you think he would've been vilified by the tabloids and TV as much? Not a chance.

No chance, as United would give the media the boot if they were vilified by the media.

A lot of journalists earn their money from courage of Liverpool and United, the big difference however is that United use that as a way to put fear into them to give them the best PR image possible. While we don't really do anything when the media speak poorly of us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2014 03:03:42 pm
      The 60's attention may well be justified due to the aftermath of Munich and the rebuild of Sir matt's team but once he quit they went downhill resulting in relegation in 74, hopefully they do the same after Slur alex's departure!

they are still in denial about how poor their squad actually is and so is the media .We are joint 4th fav for the league along with UTD.Now someone explain that to me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2014 04:25:49 pm
      they are still in denial about how poor their squad actually is and so is the media .We are joint 4th fav for the league along with UTD.Now someone explain that to me.

Not a clue mate, really do think we're great value. Should we win tonight those odds will collapse massively!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19: Aug 26, 2014 03:13:16 pm
      The short answer is cu*ts attract other cu*ts.

The more drawn-out answer is that they've been the dominant team the past 25 years, the have the biggest fanbase of any English club because of that success, most league titles, insane money and sponsorship, and any story about them sells, which is mutually beneficial to both media outlets and United.

A big part of why they never had such bad press is Ferguson as a manager, for one, and Ferguson as a tyrant. The way he and United staff went after journalists who dared to question them shows their control over the media. I think it was Daniel Taylor at the Guardian who said something like "We always had a fear of being banned if we questioned too hard" or something along those lines. (not an exact quote)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #20: Aug 28, 2014 02:14:50 am
      No chance, as United would give the media the boot if they were vilified by the media.

A lot of journalists earn their money from courage of Liverpool and United, the big difference however is that United use that as a way to put fear into them to give them the best PR image possible. While we don't really do anything when the media speak poorly of us.

Exactly, look at how quickly Man U's PR dept went to work having a go at one of the Times journalists who wrote a piece about the manc players singing "Without killing anyone, we won it three times" on the pitch in Moscow, that piece was quickly pulled.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1273 
      Reply #21: Aug 28, 2014 02:16:18 am
      A monstrous organisation which can silence any critics - no wonder Rupert Murdoch wanted to buy them.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #22: Aug 28, 2014 02:52:37 am
       The media like all businesses and governments align with success. They have vested interests in the relationship as well as mechanisms that are in place to foster the relationship. Once success goes, so does the support. The media and sponsors (who work the media too) will give them a little time to right the ship but will leave if it isn't fixed soon.

Quick Reply