Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220512 times
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Feb 21, 2015 05:15:20 pm
      It was of course correct for Balotelli to take the penalty instead of Henderson, has Henderson ever actually taken a penalty for us or anybody else?

It was also disgraceful of Stevie to call Balotelli disrespectful, he was probably just jealous at how good a penalty it was, perfect in my opinion, and how much better the team is without him in it.

Steven Gerrard jealous of anyone else´s penalty taking?Ignorant,stupid comment.The second part...I´m sorry but you´re a disgrace mate.Get your head out of your ass.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1151: Feb 21, 2015 06:37:48 pm
      Disrespectful F**k.Scores an impossible to miss goal (yes,thank you for getting into a good position/doing your job) after almost 7 months of nothing and lets it go to his head enough to challenge 2 teammates, including the captain of the squad for a penalty?The fact that this has prompted a gentleman like Gerrard to speak out against a fellow current teammate should be very telling.What a shameful spectacle this,but what else could we expect after bringing this person into our club?

A truly rotten apple,they had to be the bigger people and let the little boy have his penalty or else he would throw a fit.Inmature,childish,arrogant, disrespectful to his own team.Just like Cristiano Ronaldo,except he can afford to be like that,this embarrasment of a player cannot (not saying it´s right but you understand).And the fact that some of us are labelling a goal and a penalty as a "run" for him just highlights how pathetic his production is.All this penalty scuffle following a goal?A single goal?What´s going to happen if he scores a double?God forbid he scores a hat-trick (odds would be 17-1 on that one).

I really do hope,for the image,good name,and honor of this respectful club,and our very own as people who represent this club,that this embarrasing chapter be closed come summer.I don´t care if we sell him for 5M,that´s probably the best offer we´ll get,just please get rid of this ignominious character,it´s only going to get worse.The fact that this was a carbon-copy of the Inter incident just highlights how much of a facepalm this situation is,how naive we were to think he was going to change.Very sad stuff.

Honestly do not know where to start here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #1152: Feb 21, 2015 06:40:02 pm
      He can only wish he had the consistency and ability Lambert has shown in all 4 tiers of english football until he came to Liverpool and saw that dry up as a result of having Balotelli (#I´m too cool to celebrate even after 7 months of nothing) picked over him for nothing in return.He has potential ability mate,not real ability.Show some respect for Lambert and even Borini who scored quite a lot in Italy.
      Lambert has had plenty of chances this season, he was basically allowed to go to Aston Villa in the window but he decided to stay. That tells you what Rodgers thinks of him, willing to let him go when we were already short on strikers.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #1153: Feb 21, 2015 08:34:01 pm
      A whole lot of overreaction on here at times. The penalty ''incident'' for one thing ended with the right result for everyone and that was by far the most important point. While there may be a need to clarify who will be taking pens in the future, it is hardly something that can't be sorted. Same goes for Brendan's comments. The newspapers said Brendan had ''blasted'' Balotelli following the incident, when he merely made a point about team etiquette. Some on here have accused the manager of ''chucking [Balotelli] under the bus'', when he made the point that it's important to maintain your level of performance throughout the match, something I think we can all agree is true. We should be accustomed to seeing this kind of hyperbole in the press without get carried away by it ourselves.

I think that Balotelli is a player who, given his talents, could be a great player IF he applied himself in the way that a top class professional needs to, which for me consists in having a steadfast commitment to the task at hand, remaining focussed and determined in spite of the circumstances and consistently working in the interests of the team. The manager has long underlined these qualities as being essential to his philosophy, and I think that when he signed Mario he knew that if he could just get him to take on board this message, even if he couldn't purge him of all his eccentricities, he would have a very useful player on his hands.

I'm not especially hopefully that he can make it in the long-run and by that I mean in three years time I doubt very much we'll be looking back at what a great signing he was, and how he helped transform us into title challengers. But I do think that he will have an important contribution to make between now and the end of the season, and his goals/performance v Besiktas are definitely a step in the right direction. More of that and we might be looking back a player, who despite being a bit of a tw@t, ultimately served some useful purpose in our quest to win trophies/make the top four.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1154: Feb 21, 2015 08:46:31 pm
      Bit of this tomorrow please:

https://vine.co/v/OQbvdpjdmYF
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1155: Feb 22, 2015 03:18:32 am
      Maybe Brendan has figured out that Mario has to be challenged and that's the way to get the best out of him.

Think it's funny that most on here ran Mario up and down and would have joined in to stone him and he has a nice little run and we are ready to stone Brendan because of his man management. You guys are funny.

Furthermore, this was already hinted at at the start of the season (Mario's debut at Tottenham), when Brendan said Balotelli would be marking opposition players on set pieces. None issue. None story.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1156: Feb 22, 2015 05:14:59 am
      BR, Gerrard, Henderson treating Balotelli like sh*t publicly when it looks like he's actually starting to care about LFC. I keep thinking it's  just a big boys club, which it probably is, at many clubs. But how can they not be embracing him finally? They probably just don't "get" him and don't want to, but like I said, if he's starting to put a shift in on field why does anything else matter?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1157: Feb 22, 2015 06:24:14 am
      Cool as F**k penalty. Didn't see that Hendo really had a problem with Mario taking it. Was more Studge getting involved and in Hendos ear, that Jordan decided to say something.

As for Stevie, love the man but what the F**k was he doing in the commentary box in the 1st place?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1158: Feb 22, 2015 07:01:09 am
      Balotelli is starting to repay some of his transfer fee and good on the lad. If he keeps putting the ball in the opposition net he could go from zero to hero at Anfield.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1159: Feb 22, 2015 09:29:45 pm
      Studge was a bit complacent today imo. Mario has been doing well, why not have him on? Daniel strikes me as someone who needs the competition for places to keep him on his toes - and Mario hasn't done much wrong recently. BR chucks out comments about his work-rate, but I think it's improved a lot - and his link play has been good and the most important thing, goals/end product, Mario has delivered on recently.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1160: Feb 23, 2015 06:39:19 am
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1161: Feb 23, 2015 01:15:21 pm
      he should have came on yesterday not sure why BR is not giving him a shot, lets hope he goes with two on thursday and he starts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1162: Feb 24, 2015 07:47:01 am
      I've got a gut feeling Brendan will start him agaqinst Citeh. Hopefully if he does, he sticks it to his old Club and scores a hat-trick. That would be fookin' luverley!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1163: Feb 24, 2015 07:57:34 am
      After the effort and goals scored by Balotelli over the last month I wonder if we have been unfair of the criticism aimed at him in the first half of this season. Sure he was sh*te and appeared to have a couldn't care less attitude, but on reflection the team as a whole seemed to have this attitude.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1164: Feb 25, 2015 11:40:22 am
      i thinik he will start thur to hold the ball up and add power
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1165: Feb 25, 2015 11:53:19 am
      Has until the end of the season to prove he is good enough to stay otherwise he must he sold and replaced.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1166: Feb 26, 2015 02:26:53 pm
      how F***ing sweet would it be to see him score 1 or 2 against city
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1167: Feb 26, 2015 02:59:26 pm
      Has until the end of the season to prove he is good enough to stay otherwise he must he sold and replaced.

Does that count for the rest of average performers we've bought or is this just something against Balotelli?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1168: Feb 26, 2015 03:03:12 pm
      Steven Gerrard jealous of anyone else´s penalty taking?Ignorant,stupid comment.The second part...I´m sorry but you´re a disgrace mate.Get your head out of your ass.

Why is it stupid, why is it ignorant and why am I a disgrace to state the fact that the team plays better without Steven Gerrard in it. Why don't you perhaps learn some manners and start supporting ALL the member sof the squad, your earlier comments about Balotelli were a disgrace, not mine.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1169: Feb 26, 2015 03:30:05 pm

If he kicks on there is no reason he could not be a useful member of the squad, ongoing improvement is very much a part of that process.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1170: Feb 26, 2015 03:38:43 pm
      Does that count for the rest of average performers we've bought or is this just something against Balotelli?

No not just Balotelli I would be happy if Lovren and Lambert are replaced with better quality as well. I'm happy with the rest of our Summer signings.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1171: Feb 26, 2015 03:42:48 pm
      If he kicks on there is no reason he could not be a useful member of the squad, ongoing improvement is very much a part of that process.

I agree totally, he has three months of the season left to kick on.

If he doesn't then we kick out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1172: Feb 26, 2015 04:24:09 pm
      I agree totally, he has three months of the season left to kick on.

If he doesn't then we kick out.

About the size of it mate.

Quick Reply