Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220768 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Mar 20, 2015 12:19:50 pm
      Sadly I agree with this. Mario just doesn't fit in at Liverpool, he's really is the square peg in a round hole.
      He's been poor all season, and I certainly wouldn't put our top four hopes in his hands.

I would let him make a cup of tea at melwood... the man is a disaster.!!!

Im not one to say "i told you so" but... Na F**k it, I am that man!!

I told ya all he was a myth and he has proved me right... I told ya so!!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1243: Mar 20, 2015 01:09:37 pm
      He had a small window to prove  his worth from the start of the season he was hot and cold. he then got a tellilng off for not pulling his weight publicly by the manager and to be fair to him he looked to work harder and give his all.
      The issue is when he played he just wasnt scoring enough to justify starting over Sterling when DS was out, i think we sell him off to whoever will take him as he's a marketing tool not a prolific striker.
      If he was in a team say like West Ham who play the ball out wide and hit the front man he will get you 15+goals a season but as soon as he has to start being a tricky intelligant player he's lost. I've got no ill feelings towards him as he's not played enough to be considered as worth while. Wish him all the best at his new club as i'm sure he will be gone 100% in the summer
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1244: Mar 20, 2015 01:20:44 pm
      Our 3-4-2-1 formation is working at the moment, we are playing well and picking up points and that's all what matters. We have no reason to change how we set up.

Balotelli would benefit with Sturridge alongside him in my opinion which is what we've all been saying for months. I also think Sturridge has struggled recently and he would actually benefit with Mario up alongside him too. Neither of them play the lone striker role very well, even with two supporting midfielders in Coutinho & Lallana/Sterling playing off them.

We've never seen Sturridge & Balotelli consistently play as a pairing together. Mario isn't my cup of tea personally but I do feel a bit sorry for him with the criticism he gets. He hasn't had a fair go at it IMO.

Maybe Im still clinging onto what we all hoped for when we signed Mario, but I do think if we played a diamond again we would see the best of both sturridge and Mario.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1245: Mar 22, 2015 06:23:59 pm
      Yet another display today that shows Balotelli will never fit into this team.

Needs to be sold as quickly as possible this Summer to fund a new striker.
      CFCYNWA6
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1246: Mar 24, 2015 06:42:27 am
      I, being Italian, am very sorry to hear that Balotelli will probably leave my favourite team when the season ends but this is definitely the right decision for both him and the team. He's been poor all season and has disappointed me, fact!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1247: Mar 24, 2015 08:41:22 am
      I, being Italian, am very sorry to hear that Balotelli will probably leave my favourite team when the season ends

Did I miss something?

Has Mario said he will probably leave at the end of the season?
      CFCYNWA6
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1248: Mar 24, 2015 12:22:36 pm
      Did I miss something?

Has Mario said he will probably leave at the end of the season?

From what I've read on the Internet, he might leave Liverpool at the end of the season and I myself think he might leave any time soon if he doesn't start playing well.

There's no point in keeping such a lazy striker who hardly ever scores. Am I wrong?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1249: Mar 24, 2015 01:02:03 pm
      i still dont think he will go in the summer, i reckon he will have further talks and hopefully can be the player we all know he can be if he puts his mind to it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1250: Mar 24, 2015 03:30:00 pm
      i still dont think he will go in the summer, i reckon he will have further talks and hopefully can be the player we all know he can be if he puts his mind to it.

I'm pretty sure he will go mate, there's nothing at Anfield/Melwood for Mario because even if he "puts his mind to it" he still isn't the type of striker we need.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1251: Mar 24, 2015 03:34:54 pm
      I'm pretty sure he will go mate, there's nothing at Anfield/Melwood for Mario because even if he "puts his mind to it" he still isn't the type of striker we need.

But Lambert is?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1252: Mar 24, 2015 04:12:36 pm
      Right now, im not sure WHAT we need :(
      Good old fashioned number 9 havent seemed to work in tha past few years. Maybe its time for the little super fast false 9?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1253: Mar 24, 2015 05:10:50 pm

I know you like to jump in on the slightest thing Fed but who the F**k mentioned Lambert.  This is Marios thread so it's Mario we're discussing.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1254: Mar 24, 2015 09:38:34 pm
      Class the fans who held him back the other day.

Kept him out of the sh*te that did
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1255: Mar 24, 2015 10:09:57 pm

Wish our fans hadn't held him back, would've loved to have seen him throw a KO punch :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1256: Mar 24, 2015 10:45:23 pm

I think Smalling was about to get the biggest arse kicking of his life.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1257: Mar 25, 2015 09:00:49 am
      Gets subbed in,tries to foul a player and trips himself over,gets a yellow card,then has to be restrained by fans in order to avoid him getting a red.Yet another first I´ve seen from this "football player".I convince myself more everytime I see him on the pitch that he is the worst,most embarrasing (I would say this even if he was in any other team) excuse of a player I have ever seen.Oh my honorable Liverpool...what have you done... :-[

And reading on here about more than 1 human being thinking about playing him instead of Daniel Sturridge...how bold the fickle.And yes,there is literally no other player in the entire Liverpool squad that can possibly have contributed less than him.Technically speaking it is impossible.And Lambert has more goals to minutes played ratio.And he gives a sh*t.Stop hanging on the promise of potential and wake up.We´ll sell him to a Turkish club for 6M if we´re extremely lucky and they´re unbelievably stupid.He reminds me of this story about a bottle that you sold your soul for and could sell to someone else to regain your own back...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1258: Mar 25, 2015 12:37:46 pm
      just seems like we are wasting so much cash on gambles when we could club all that together and attempt to get a proven striker.
      Borini - 15mil (for what he hadnt set swansea alight whilst on loan there)
      mario_ 16 mil (fallen out with every club he's been at)
      lambert (cheap so no massive loss but not mobile enough)
      Aspas 8 mil (really??? maybe he is just suited to warm weather but not a BPL player)

add all that together and we could have went for a Hunterlarr, Benzima type of player for around 40-45mil even offered Barca 50 mil for Sanchez for one last ditched attempt but to just buy cheap young options in the hope it all works is costing us time and money.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1259: Mar 25, 2015 08:52:32 pm
      Why is it stupid, why is it ignorant and why am I a disgrace to state the fact that the team plays better without Steven Gerrard in it. Why don't you perhaps learn some manners and start supporting ALL the member sof the squad, your earlier comments about Balotelli were a disgrace, not mine.

It´s ignorant of the penalty-taking record Gerrard has,stupid in supposedly being someone who watches Liverpool matches and questions the master-classes he gives when taking a penalty.Of the quality he can always offer to the team,of the fact that the team is effectively playing better without Gerrard in it not necessarily meaning that´s the reason for it.And disgraceful in your quick and fickle dismissal of someone who has given more than a decade to this club and can contribute more at 20% than the man you defend,that has done nothing at any previous club he has been in to make them want to retain him.Much,much,much less at ours.

And I speak so harshly against Balotelli (#makethisstop) precisely because,somehow,he is a Liverpool player.I´m not defending a lazy,arrogant, sloppy,inefficient,volatile,childish,flamboyant egomaniac just because he is in a red shirt.The sooner he leaves the best off our name and reputation will be.

Mate,you´re defending Mario Balotelli,I´ve no respect or manners for stupidity,sorry.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1260: Mar 30, 2015 04:40:59 pm
      He's got all the physical attributes to be a top flight player but at this stage you have to ask is he worth the hassle whilst we try to rearrange his mental furniture?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1261: Mar 30, 2015 06:42:43 pm
      He's got all the physical attributes to be a top flight player but at this stage you have to ask is he worth the hassle whilst we try to rearrange his mental furniture?
      Very much what I'm thinking now,was really hoping he would shine and give his all for the Liverpool cause because he does have the talent .
      But he clearly has problems adapting to our game ,and,due to injuries to Daniel he's never had a run of games with him as a partner where I thought he would shine .
      Such a bloody frustrating situation .:-(
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1262: Apr 04, 2015 04:01:23 pm
      According to the manager in his post match presser Mario had a knock on his knee in training and deemed himself unable to travel.

When asked what the medical staff thought about it he just repeated that the player deemed himself unable to travel.

Mario can f**k right off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1263: Apr 04, 2015 04:18:13 pm
      According to the manager in his post match presser Mario had a knock on his knee in training and deemed himself unable to travel.

When asked what the medical staff thought about it he just repeated that the player deemed himself unable to travel.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't fit, only the player knows himself, but at the moment, we're desperate in the attacking department, so I would like to see him up front with either Borini or Sturridge next match. Surely it can't be as bad as our last 3-4 games?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1264: Apr 04, 2015 04:25:33 pm

I bashed my knee going for a p#ss during the night last week.

When I phoned my boss to tell him I couldn't drive to work he told me not to worry about it.......I'd be working somewhere else soon. Then he lent me 50p so I could phone someone who gave a f#ck.

*This is apocryphal, not factual. My boss wouldn't lend me his sh#te.

Quick Reply