Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 219637 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Jun 02, 2015 04:29:16 pm
      I've not had a personal issue with Balo, in fact I can honestly say he looks like a different attitude from his City days. He's often tracked back and helped defence (very alien to him), in some games he's looked like our only player with any desire to take on and rattle oppopsition defences, he still has ability and talent, and he hasn't done anything stupid like getting sent off for no reason or attack fellow players.

But, I don't see why we need to keep him. Call it not suiting our style, not mobile enough or whatever, the bottom line is, he is a striker not scoring. 26 appearances, 4 goals is not good enough for a 16m striker and not good enough for this club.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1450: Jun 02, 2015 07:45:25 pm
      whats with all the hate for mario?

he's playing in a team with 10 losers behind him, and a manager who is completely inept.

let's face it, he's not been given the proper chance to feature in a proper liverpool line up often.

he needs to be playing alongside studge and cou every game
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1451: Jun 02, 2015 09:36:21 pm
      Goodness gracious.

whats with all the hate for mario?

he's playing in a team with 10 losers behind him, and a manager who is completely inept.

10 losers? What? 8 of those "losers" were title challengers. You'll also find that those "losers" played better without Mario in the XI.

Mario does not fit the style of play at Liverpool.

he needs to be playing alongside studge and cou every game

Maybe it's just me, but if you're a Premier League striker, playing for Liverpool Football Club, and you *need* to be playing with two other players and are unable to put in good solo performances, then you're simply not good enough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1452: Jun 02, 2015 10:55:06 pm
      I would like to keep Balotelli rather than Borini, Lambert or Aspas.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #1453: Jun 02, 2015 11:07:27 pm
      I would like to keep Balotelli rather than Borini, Lambert or Aspas.

i'd rather take ngog voronin and keane back than have those 3 clowns here
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1454: Jun 03, 2015 08:38:33 am
      Goodness gracious.

10 losers? What? 8 of those "losers" were title challengers. You'll also find that those "losers" played better without Mario in the XI.

Mario does not fit the style of play at Liverpool.

Maybe it's just me, but if you're a Premier League striker, playing for Liverpool Football Club, and you *need* to be playing with two other players and are unable to put in good solo performances, then you're simply not good enough.

This. spot on mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1455: Jun 03, 2015 08:51:05 am
      Ill take this guys word over anybody on here. sorry.

THOMMO SAYS: “It’s a poor five out of 10 for Balotelli. There isn’t a lot you can say about his season – it’s obvious – he’s underachieved greatly. I would be surprised if he’s at Anfield next season. I know his agent has been saying he will be, but I just can’t see it working out.”
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1456: Jun 03, 2015 12:27:00 pm
      he wont go as knowone decent will have him!  best option is he gets a fire in his belly and wants to prove to the world he's a decent footballer and can form a good partniship with Sturridge
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1457: Jun 03, 2015 06:03:49 pm
      And replace him with what? Origi? Who was included in the worst eleven in the French league this last season?

To me, I can't see any point spending big money on Benteke when we have a carbon copy in Mario. I'm certain when Studge and Balo start playing together regularly, we'll see decent results.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1458: Jun 03, 2015 06:19:01 pm
      this lad best hit the ground running next season like a man possessed by the devil he needs 20 goals minimum

If he is here next season, and that's a big if, I would be happy with 10 - I doubt he will be seeing much game time.

As for the Origi comments; 8 goals for a 19/20 year old is f**king fantastic, and if you'd watched him play more than once you could easily see he is a big talent. He is only 20 so he won't be our first choice striker, but his inclusion on the worst XI is more an indictment of equipes methodology than the player (I mean they included Thauvin as well who is excellent - and also Origi's striker partner, aged 27, scored fewer goals than Origi and generally looked much shi**er)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1459: Jun 03, 2015 06:31:14 pm
      If he is here next season, and that's a big if, I would be happy with 10 - I doubt he will be seeing much game time.

As for the Origi comments; 8 goals for a 19/20 year old is f**king fantastic, and if you'd watched him play more than once you could easily see he is a big talent. He is only 20 so he won't be our first choice striker, but his inclusion on the worst XI is more an indictment of equipes methodology than the player (I mean they included Thauvin as well who is excellent - and also Origi's striker partner, aged 27, scored fewer goals than Origi and generally looked much shi**er)

It wasn't meant as a direct knock against the lad, more a look at how would he genuinely offer us that much seeing how poor we were fit for the majority of last season. Also, he should have felt more comfortable at Lille seeing we got him from there. I know he's young, but he's not going to come in and be 1st choice striker so you have to wonder how he will find his feet here?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1460: Jun 04, 2015 09:05:10 am
      We need him gone, he might not be causing trouble off the field for us, but he causes trouble on it, some of his play this season has been shocking, watching him wander about a pitch looking lost is embarrasing for a senior pro.

I see more effort watching my wee girls u-11s team.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1461: Jun 08, 2015 11:46:36 pm
      Please just F**k off already.To Turkey,MLS,Mexican,Chinese League,to anywhere with people stupid enough to buy you but please stop being a Liverpool "player" please   :mad:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1462: Jun 09, 2015 09:13:03 am
      We need him gone, he might not be causing trouble off the field for us, but he causes trouble on it, some of his play this season has been shocking, watching him wander about a pitch looking lost is embarrasing for a senior pro.

I see more effort watching my wee girls u-11s team.

You've not seen all of his games then, he was realy trying in the 2nd half of the season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1463: Jun 09, 2015 09:21:56 am
      You've not seen all of his games then, he was realy trying in the 2nd half of the season.

No I watched every game mate. He tried yes, and made a slight impact as a sub at times.

But when it comes down to it, he is not good enough, and his negativity on the picth does not help others, lost count amount of times Im screaming at TV get in the box to find he is out wide, or just wandering around. His pressing is almost non existant.

When he his given the ball to his feet on a plate, he is ok, when he bothers to fight for a ball, he can get past people and make something happen, but it is all too infrequent.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1464: Jun 09, 2015 09:24:22 am
      He does not fit into the next level of our hopeful progress next season, his contribution this term has been negligible and could be interpreted as unhelpful.

If he is not at least one thousand miles from this club next season we have cause to worry.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1465: Jun 09, 2015 09:43:38 am
      He does not fit into the next level of our hopeful progress next season, his contribution this term has been negligible and could be interpreted as unhelpful.

If he is not at least one thousand miles from this club next season we have cause to worry.

He had 1 good game, when Danny Studger played with him. He has the skills, but has he got the will to put it all together and be a star.

He is a likable guy, and has sorted his off field antics.

I don't think we can afford passengers next season.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1466: Jun 09, 2015 11:12:36 am
      His pressing is almost non existant.

When he his given the ball to his feet on a plate, he is ok, when he bothers to fight for a ball, he can get past people and make something happen, but it is all too infrequent.
      And I've always thought his connection is poor. Always needing a perfect pass for him to receive the ball.

Sometimes I wonder if he is playing for himself, like Diouf. Wouldn't put in a foot when it matters. My observation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1467: Jun 09, 2015 11:13:57 am
      He had 1 good game, when Danny Studger played with him. He has the skills, but has he got the will to put it all together and be a star.

He is a likable guy, and has sorted his off field antics.

I don't think we can afford passengers next season.

This.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1468: Jun 12, 2015 10:34:45 am
      Why would anyone want this character to leave the prem read this below what a nut job haha love it

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpools-mario-balotelli-i-dont-speak-italian-anymore-10313711.html

he dont speak italian anymore  :f_wah: ;D :D :laugh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1469: Jun 14, 2015 09:01:02 pm
      Delighted we're getting rid of this clown.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1470: Jun 14, 2015 09:04:28 pm

Have we sold him?
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #1471: Jun 14, 2015 09:05:56 pm

as long as we keep rickie and fabio. that's all that matters

Quick Reply