Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220613 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1886: Sep 09, 2015 02:10:03 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1887: Sep 14, 2015 12:59:11 am
      Anyone here watch the Milan derby? I actually thought he was good when he came on, was a threat and caused Inter problems :o
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1888: Sep 14, 2015 06:27:19 pm
      Anyone here watch the Milan derby? I actually thought he was good when he came on, was a threat and caused Inter problems :o

saw the game(most of it anyway) but seen nearly ALL the minutes Mario came on
      said this in the BR thread
       I thing he Ran And fought for the ball  in those minutes more than he ran  and fought all the minutes played with Liverpool last season  , and he was good IMO  hit the post ,nearly scored 2/3 more times
       don't know what Mihailovic said to him different from Brendan
      YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #1889: Sep 14, 2015 07:20:38 pm
      Unfortunately no fireworks from Mario, playing under Brendan !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,247 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1890: Sep 14, 2015 07:55:49 pm
      So has everyone seen Stevie's comments about Balotelli? If you trust and respect your former Captain, and you still stand behind Balotelli you may find yourself at a bit of a crossroads.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/english-premier-league/steven-gerrard-explains-what-s-wrong-with-mario-balotelli/217699
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1891: Sep 14, 2015 08:04:51 pm
      So has everyone seen Stevie's comments about Balotelli? If you trust and respect your former Captain, and you still stand behind Balotelli you may find yourself at a bit of a crossroads.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/english-premier-league/steven-gerrard-explains-what-s-wrong-with-mario-balotelli/217699

I've also seen him score for Milan and be voted their best player in their game against Inter.

As much as we all know Mario is a prat and controversy comes with him the issue was that we simply didn't get the best out of him that we could have. The same accusation now being levelled at Brendan about Benteke, Firmino, Markovic, Lambert, the list goes on. So one doesn't necessarily conflict with the other as you seem to suggest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1892: Sep 14, 2015 08:04:54 pm

I take it his book has a ghost writer. Can't say I will be rushing out to buy it. I did enjoy Jamies book though
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1893: Sep 14, 2015 08:35:57 pm
      I take it his book has a ghost writer. Can't say I will be rushing out to buy it. I did enjoy Jamies book though

Every celebrity book does. Hell, virtually all memoirs do, famous or not.

Nah, it's Brendan's fault Mario would show up late for training.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,247 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1894: Sep 14, 2015 08:51:53 pm

Oh ok, so Stevie's actual quotes didn't come from him? Got it.  :roll:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1895: Sep 15, 2015 05:53:19 am
      saw the game(most of it anyway) but seen nearly ALL the minutes Mario came on
      said this in the BR thread
       I thing he Ran And fought for the ball  in those minutes more than he ran  and fought all the minutes played with Liverpool last season  , and he was good IMO  hit the post ,nearly scored 2/3 more times
       don't know what Mihailovic said to him different from Brendan
      YNWA

Googled Mihailovic and he was a Serbian General in World War II.......

but I'm going to assume the Milan coach has a similar name..... I would suggest he let Balotelli know that he actually liked him. Brendan Rodgers labelled Balotelli a "risk" and a "gamble" before he even kicked a ball for us, let everyone know how down the pecking order he was. that is chickening out big time, that is trying to save your ass instead of doing what you're apparently good at, molding a player. all we get is excuses.

this season he has brought in a similar kind of player for a whopping 32 million pounds. what's the difference? one has the backing and confidence of the club whilst one was made into a scapegoat. yeah you can bullshit yourself with crap like "he didn't put in a shift" "he worked harder in 1 match in italy then all the time for us", just bullshit to make yourself feel better, the reality is he is just another transfer WE stuffed up, WE should have never brought him into the club and WE should have never blamed him for not being a success. he was the only winner on our books last year, aside from Gerrard. but we take the most important things out of it now because we are being brainwashed into a mid-table bunch of supporters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1896: Sep 22, 2015 09:46:39 pm
      Continuing to impress, scored a great freekick v Udinese.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #1897: Sep 22, 2015 11:39:38 pm
      Still a quality player. Suck it up fellow LFC fans.... :)

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/646399767803789312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1898: Sep 22, 2015 11:48:15 pm
      Thought he had a no stupid haircuts policy in his contract.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1899: Sep 23, 2015 12:01:36 am

So he scored a free kick. How many did he take for us last season and not get anywhere close to the net...

Not good enough and one free kick isn't going to change that. What did he do for the rest of the game? Other than get booked.
      DanMann

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #1900: Sep 23, 2015 03:11:23 am
      Ah okay, so we still want to dismiss quality. Fair enough.. keep dismissing.

I'm sure we'd all be pretty upset if he scored for Liverpool. A bit like Lallana.. hate the goalscorer, because we'd rather he showed a bit more character on the pitch.

Not good enough and one free kick isn't going to change that. What did he do for the rest of the game? Other than get booked.

Unlike yourself, I didn't watch the game. But this player rating sounds pretty decent enough.. what was your view on the game?

Mario Balotelli – 7 – Great

Drew the foul to earn Milan a free-kick five minutes into the match and scored a sublime free-kick. Hold-up play was superb and looked like the promising youngster many had predicted to reach the top of the game, albeit his disciplinary will still be cause for concern.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/09/player-ratings-udinese-2-3-ac-milan/2/
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1901: Sep 23, 2015 03:17:08 am

I'm sure we'd all be pretty upset if he scored for Liverpool. A bit like Lallana.. hate the goalscorer, because we'd rather he showed a bit more character on the pitch.

Happy for the guy, but it bears no relevance to his lacklustre performances here.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1902: Sep 23, 2015 07:21:51 am
      Rodgers doesn't know how to utilise a target man, Benteke now is having the same issues being isolated up front.

No coincidence that Lambert and Balotelli had their worst seasons ever last year.
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #1903: Sep 23, 2015 08:07:18 am

Unlike yourself, I didn't watch the game. But this player rating sounds pretty decent enough.. what was your view on the game?

Sorry but he played plenty last season and wasn't interested at all.

He's got a sh*t attitude which is why he'll never make it anywhere, just like your other favourite Victor Moses!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1904: Sep 23, 2015 08:36:09 am

He was absolutely sh*te for us! It doesn't matter what he does for other teams if he didn't do it for us. Robbie Keane was Major league player of the year in the US, we must have made a mistake letting him go too then in your opinion!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1905: Sep 23, 2015 03:01:05 pm
      Thought he had a no stupid haircuts policy in his contract.

You have no eye for fashion, that haircut is boss :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1906: Sep 23, 2015 03:27:00 pm
      So he scored a free kick. How many did he take for us last season and not get anywhere close to the net...

Agreed. His free kicks were atrocious. I do however believe that Brendan has no idea what so ever on how to utilise certain players and styles.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1907: Sep 23, 2015 05:26:04 pm
      You have no eye for fashion, that haircut is boss :laugh:

He's only had half it cut :P
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1908: Sep 23, 2015 06:13:15 pm
      Googled Mihailovic and he was a Serbian General in World War II.......

but I'm going to assume the Milan coach has a similar name.....

Siniša Mihajlović, great F***ing player back in his day for the Yugoslav's/Serbians

Also accused of racism while playing for Lazio!!

Balotelli is still a c**t for the way he behaves, he'd be a half decent footballer player if he actually showed any effort, instead of behaving like a spoilt kid.

Quick Reply