Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220755 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1909: Oct 17, 2015 11:57:14 pm
      Still has 2 years on his contract with us? Klopp has plenty of challenges as it is with the team, it will be interesting to see what he makes of this particular challenge. Or if he even wants it at all.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1910: Oct 19, 2015 07:31:45 pm
      Still has 2 years on his contract with us? Klopp has plenty of challenges as it is with the team, it will be interesting to see what he makes of this particular challenge. Or if he even wants it at all.

Wonder if we could recall him early. Given the injury to Ings, plus the poor injury records of Studge and Benteke we could probably use some additional firepower. That is of course only assuming Kopp wants him....
      Pa7rick
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #1911: Oct 19, 2015 09:08:37 pm
      IMO I think his time with us has come to a end now that Klopp has came In can't imagine that Balotelli would start running and pressing the opposition defenders in a hurry the whole thing about this is that he was never going to be a success.can you imagine going to a new place of work and being called a RISK before you start and then be blamed for the way you do your work
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1912: Oct 19, 2015 10:47:42 pm
      Jürgen has got more chance of giving me a ring and asking me if I can press than he has Mario.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1913: Oct 19, 2015 10:55:48 pm
      Has there ever been a player less suited to a manager in the history of the game than Mario and Klopp! Funny that we're even talking about!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1914: Oct 19, 2015 11:17:00 pm
      Has there ever been a player less suited to a manager in the history of the game than Mario and Klopp! Funny that we're even talking about!

If the answer had to be realistic rather than fantasy then I think you're pretty spot on. To be fair to Mario occasionally he did try to press, I remember him having an excellent game against Spurs and perhaps he wasn't exactly playing with the confidence of the manager behind him.

Having said that, anyone expecting Mario to come back to Anfield next season is only happening if we draw some Italian team, probably Milan again in a European competition.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1915: Oct 22, 2015 11:10:46 am
      So... anyhow... how's Mario doing in Italy; pulling up trees; setting the world alight; injured; out of favour; misunderstood; what?  :confused-smiley-013:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #1916: Oct 22, 2015 11:26:27 am
      So... anyhow... how's Mario doing in Italy; pulling up trees; setting the world alight; injured; out of favour; misunderstood; what?  :confused-smiley-013:
      Only played 3 and scored one.

Currently injured.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1917: Oct 22, 2015 03:41:56 pm
      Cheers. I thought it had gone a bit quiet - checked there - 4 games [part of], 1 goal, 0 from open play.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1918: Oct 22, 2015 03:50:32 pm
      Cheers. I thought it had gone a bit quiet - checked there - 4 games [part of], 1 goal, 0 from open play.

That season working with Brendan obviously f*cked him up completely  ;).
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1919: Oct 22, 2015 05:28:55 pm
      That season working with Brendan obviously f*cked him up completely  ;).
      That's exactly what I was thinking Mick and like you, I am being ironic.  :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1920: Nov 11, 2015 12:29:05 pm
      Is due to go under the knife to sort out a groin problem.
      The LFC injury curse strikes irrespective of where you play.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1921: Nov 19, 2015 03:19:06 pm
      will probably come back in the summer stay a season on and off the bench and then be let go the season after.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1922: Nov 29, 2015 06:09:03 pm
      Just stopping by to show some love for my favorite LFC player... :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:

Any Liverpool fan that still wants that embarrasment of a person and sorry excuse of a football player back at the club makes me fear for the future of this club.Balotelli you suck and will never make it in any team because of a simple reason;YOURSELF.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steven-gerrard-mario-balotelli-is-a-spectacular-waste-of-talent-10500069.html

Worst player I´ve ever seen,with the extra displeasure of him being in a red shirt.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1923: Nov 29, 2015 06:22:07 pm
      Just stopping by to show some love for my favorite LFC player... :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:

Any Liverpool fan that still wants that embarrasment of a person and sorry excuse of a football player back at the club makes me fear for the future of this club.Balotelli you suck and will never make it in any team because of a simple reason;YOURSELF.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steven-gerrard-mario-balotelli-is-a-spectacular-waste-of-talent-10500069.html

Worst player I´ve ever seen,with the extra displeasure of him being in a red shirt.

Worst than Pichnek, Diouf, Konchesky, Poulsen, Sean Dundee?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1924: Nov 29, 2015 06:31:11 pm
      Worst than Pichnek, Diouf, Konchesky, Poulsen, Sean Dundee?

So you didn't rate Balotelli then, you are not on your own.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1925: Nov 29, 2015 09:37:28 pm
      So you didn't rate Balotelli then, you are not on your own.

Balotelli has a lot of talent, but just a bad attitude to football and I knew he would flop. Just a child. Should not have been bought in the first place.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1926: Nov 30, 2015 01:42:14 am
      I agree with you 100%,cheers.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1927: Dec 27, 2015 04:29:26 pm
      Supposed to return from injury any day now. Hopefully  (for our sake) he finds some forms and starts banging in the goals. Would be nice to see us recoup even half of the 20M we spent on him.....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1928: Dec 27, 2015 04:32:31 pm
      Supposed to return from injury any day now. Hopefully  (for our sake) he finds some forms and starts banging in the goals. Would be nice to see us recoup even half of the 20M we spent on him.....

It was £16m.

We'll be lucky to recoup 16 quid.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1929: Dec 29, 2015 03:44:49 am
      It was £16m.

We'll be lucky to recoup 16 quid.

You're probably right, but I'll be rooting for him to do well. When on form (the type of former he showed 3-5 years ago in his City, Milan, and Euro '12 days) he's the best Italian striker of his generation....  If he can get back to that then there's a good chance we can get a little dosh for him and give Klopp some more funds to work with.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1930: Dec 29, 2015 05:55:14 am
      We must be a laughing stock for Italian clubs. Buy a player for top dollar, pay them a massive wages, loan back to Italy and keep paying wages, sell back to Italy for peanuts. Thanks F**k we have stolen them Coutinho at least. Wankers
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1931: Dec 29, 2015 06:08:29 am
      We must be a laughing stock for Italian clubs. Buy a player for top dollar, pay them a massive wages, loan back to Italy and keep paying wages, sell back to Italy for peanuts. Thanks F**k we have stolen them Coutinho at least. Wankers

Our fault we shopped in the wrong places.

Sanchez was a star for Udinese, Pastore at Palermo, Benatia at Udinese, Hernanes at Lazio, the list goes on and on and on. I used to watch Serie A like i did the Premier League up to about 4 seasons ago. They had some brilliant talent that was obvious but we missed out.

Quick Reply