Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220617 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1978: Feb 22, 2016 10:28:23 am
      could be our best transfer of the season if he goes to china , sure we must be able to find some other duffers who we could send out there.

Fertile dumping ground isn't it. Markovic could be another one we could get some money for.

Bet Kolo goes there.
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 10:40:35 am by fields of anny rd »
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1979: Mar 25, 2016 09:44:46 am
      How is old 'Super' Mario doing back in Italy, any chance we will get shot of him (how depressing is that to say about a Liverpool player!)...

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1980: Mar 25, 2016 12:20:12 pm
      Didnt make Italy squad for last nights friendly, his market value has dropped another couple million.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1981: Mar 28, 2016 12:57:19 am
      Didnt make Italy squad for last nights friendly, his market value has dropped another couple million.

I think his market value turned into; "whatever we can get for him is a bonus" a while ago.

We will do well to get £5/6mill for him.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1982: Mar 29, 2016 02:15:22 pm
      I think his market value turned into; "whatever we can get for him is a bonus" a while ago.

We will do well to get £5/6mill for him.

I'm assuming we will have to pay him to terminate his contract early.....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1983: Mar 29, 2016 02:40:01 pm
      He has one year left on his contact when he returns for 16/17 season which is good news :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1984: Mar 30, 2016 11:54:54 am
      He has one year left on his contact when he returns for 16/17 season which is good news :)

He won't be back, will be dumped somewhere else on loan.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1985: Mar 31, 2016 09:09:50 am
      Got a text from a mate saying he looks to be off to China (although, that was in the Daily Fail)... Massive wages for the lad but no news on Transfer fee - could be a nonstarter but interesting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1986: Apr 18, 2016 01:50:15 am
      Seen a few things earlier with quotes attributed to softarse saying he wants to stay in Milan and doesn't want to come back to Liverpool.

Which is good, cos we don't want that bag of sh*te back!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1987: Apr 18, 2016 01:14:50 pm
      If true, quite simple, and I've said this numerous times.

Forgo the loyalty bonus, and put a transfer request in.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1988: Apr 18, 2016 01:21:12 pm
      Seen a few things earlier with quotes attributed to softarse saying he wants to stay in Milan and doesn't want to come back to Liverpool.

Can't see Milan wanting him.
      Couldn't see Accrington Stanley wanting him.

EXACTLY!!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1989: Apr 18, 2016 01:47:04 pm
      Send him to China.
      dropredfred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1990: Apr 18, 2016 03:38:27 pm

Maybe we could offload a fair few of our deadwood off to China if they're that interested in half-arsed names and underachievers?  :f_tongueincheek:

Perhaps another of our strikers named Christian would make a good double deal...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1991: Apr 18, 2016 03:40:59 pm

Easier said than done, what if he doesn't want to go to China? Just because they're offering stupid money to everybody that doesn't mean said player wants to live in China.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1992: Apr 18, 2016 05:24:34 pm
      Easier said than done, what if he doesn't want to go to China? Just because they're offering stupid money to everybody that doesn't mean said player wants to live in China.

Not many do, bit like those that end up in the Russian league, go out there for a year or two, get paid, F**k off somewhere else.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1993: Apr 18, 2016 11:36:51 pm

Mario Balotelli says he does not want to return to Liverpool when his loan spell at AC Milan ends in the summer.

The Italy striker, 25, rejoined his former club in August on a season-long deal from the Premier League side.

Balotelli has struggled for form and fitness, scoring three goals in 19 appearances, but has impressed in the Rossoneri's past two games.

"I want to stay with Milan because I was not happy at Liverpool and don't want to go back," said Balotelli.

The former Manchester City striker started for sixth-placed Milan in Sunday's 1-0 win at Sampdoria, keeping his place after the 2-1 home defeat by leaders Juventus.

"I've played well in my last two games and there are six left for me to prove what I can do," he added.

Balotelli scored only one Premier League goal for Liverpool following his £16m move from Milan in August 2014.

Box of Frogs wants to stay in Milan.

What ! ?

After that three hour in depth convo with Brenda prior to joining us ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1994: May 20, 2016 03:50:59 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1995: May 26, 2016 11:50:50 am
      Mario Balotelli unwanted by Milan and on his way back to Liverpool

Mario Balotelli is heading back to Liverpool after Milan confirmed they would not keep the misfit striker.

The 25-year-old has been on loan at the San Siro this season but has failed to impress and did not make Italy’s Euro 2016 squad.

The Rossoneri welcomed Balotelli back last summer but, after just one goal in 20 appearances, and with Milan failing to secure a place in the Champions League, the former Manchester City forward looks set for a return to England.

The Milan president, Silvio Berlusconi, said: “There will be several departures as the likes of Alex, [Philippe] Mexes, [Kevin-Prince] Boateng and Balotelli all have deals that will expire.”

The news will come as a disappointment for Balotelli who had hoped to secure a permanent move back to Italy.

Last month he said: “When it comes to my future I want to stay with Milan because I wasn’t happy at Liverpool and I don’t want to return there. And plus, Milan has the money. I’ve been doing well in my last two games, there are another six for me to prove myself. I feel in good shape physically at last and am relaxed.”

Liverpool paid £16m for Balotelli in August 2014 but, in his one season at Anfield he scored four goals in 28 matches, including only one in the Premier League.

The manager Jürgen Klopp is keen to offload him and there have already been inquiries from the Chinese Super League. His agent, Mino Raiola, has sounded out potential suitors for the troubled forward and clubs in China and Turkey have expressed a firm interest.

The Chinese Super League outspent the Premier League in January and that expenditure, following a declaration by the president, Xi Jingping, that China should become a football powerhouse, has prompted agents such as Raiola and Pini Zahavi to explore further deals for the summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/mario-balotelli-liverpool-milan-return-football-chinese-super-league
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1996: May 26, 2016 12:03:27 pm
      That's great news. Validates to whichever TC member that still remain on how poor this acquisition was. Hopefully a reminder and a lesson learnt. Never repeat the "bargain hunting" deep value investment and player trading mistake again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1997: May 26, 2016 12:04:21 pm
      This is where the owners have to properly back the manager. I wouldn't have thought Jürgen wants Balotelli within ten miles of melwood, so if it comes down to it we should pay him his money and send him on holiday permanently if we have to. It wasn't Jurgens mistake that we bought him it was the transfer commttee's, the current boss shouldn't have to try and find a solution. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,151 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1998: May 26, 2016 12:24:25 pm
      I wouldn't have thought Jürgen wants Balotelli within ten miles of melwood

Klopp will end up doing him in with a baseball bat in the changies at Melwood.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1999: May 26, 2016 05:08:26 pm
      He shouldn't be let near the squad. What an incredibly bad signing he turned out to be, and I thought he might work out  :action-smiley-060:
      Live and learn...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2000: May 26, 2016 07:53:01 pm
      I don't get it, Milan got rid of him once before and said they are better off without him etc. Then take him back on loan and say he shouldn't have left and we weren't right for him and all that crap and now they don't want him again.

Quick Reply