Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220671 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #2001: Jun 01, 2016 03:22:26 am
      Amy of you accounting types know how much this very expensive mistake has cost the club?

less then Carroll, Benteke, Downing, Markovic if Klopp doesn't want him.. they are all "very expensive" mistakes. even Joe Allen is a step above Balotelli considering his price for what he's given us. plus who cares? the club wastes tens of millions every single year in stuff we never even think about, like paying half of the likes of Luis Alberto's wages and stuff like that, we know so little of the money really floating around that it's too hard to say. we should focus more energy on wondering why the club keeps buying large centre forwards that don't fit with the nucleus of the squad we've had for years now that we're trying to build around. Balotelli sure does cop a lot for a guy who cost less than Andy Carroll and Christian Benteke, "why always me?"!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2002: Jun 01, 2016 02:03:46 pm
      Balotelli sure does cop a lot for a guy who cost less than Andy Carroll and Christian Benteke, "why always me?"!

Yeah but those two others got their heads down and worked in training, unlike that soft c**t Mario, who if half the stories are true, likes to F**k around and generally act the c**t in training.

That's why always me gets F***ing grief!!

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2003: Jun 03, 2016 06:15:24 am
      Yeah but those two others got their heads down and worked in training, unlike that soft c**t Mario, who if half the stories are true, likes to f**k around and generally act the c**t in training.

That's why always me gets f**king grief!!

did they? andy carroll got his head down and worked in training? how do you even know, none of us have ever seen any of these men train. that's why he gets the grief, the perception that he is a clown. i see andy carroll as just as big a clown. anyway there was a whole post before that last line, when are we going to stop pretending the players are the problem and look at the fact that we keep bringing these players in and stuffing around their careers? we can only get better by self evaluating and seeing the mistakes we are making and not repeating them every year!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2004: Jun 03, 2016 06:19:21 pm
      never should have been seen in a Red shirt never should be seen in a Red shirt ever again a complete fool.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2005: Jun 30, 2016 10:35:06 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2006: Jun 30, 2016 10:38:35 pm

Klopp will throttle him the first smart arse antic he pulls.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2007: Jun 30, 2016 11:27:08 pm
      Klopp will throttle him the first smart arse antic he pulls.

That should take all of 5 minutes then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #2008: Jun 30, 2016 11:33:07 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2009: Jun 30, 2016 11:34:23 pm
      Be funny if Klopp turned him into a world beater......

It would be the equivalent of Jesus turning water into wine.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2010: Jul 01, 2016 06:22:04 am
      It would be the equivalent of Jesus turning water into wine.

I can turn wine into water if that counts, it's piss easy really.

It would be nice if he can turn him into a half decent team player, but I won't be holding my breath.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,687 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2011: Jul 01, 2016 07:01:49 am
      I understand your feelings because they are mine too but since tomorrow he is going through the Melwood gate to train for us, we should at least respect him as a person. I know he could be with us for just few weeks but he is still our player. If he works hard, (and that is the most big IF) he can do it because he has talent, the grey matter between his ears is missing. If someone can do it, it is Klopp the master :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2012: Jul 01, 2016 09:05:01 am
      Balotelli has had well enough time to get his arse in gear, being loaned out in the hope that something might click was a totally pointless exercise.
      The lack of motivation is blindingly obvious, from his body language to his physical application the lad appears to have no spirit or empathy for the club or the game.

The manager is not blind and the player's refusal/inability to raise his game will compound his misgivings about a signing that was somebody else's mistake; Balotelli is as good as gone, unfortunately any club with the slightest interest in signing our resident lame duck has got LFC by the balls, they can dictate terms of any get shut deal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2013: Jul 01, 2016 09:08:39 am
      When even the Chinese clubs are not putting in a bid, says it all.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2014: Jul 01, 2016 09:12:50 am
      Balotelli has had well enough time to get his arse in gear, being loaned out in the hope that something might click was a totally pointless exercise.
      The lack of motivation is blindingly obvious, from his body language to his physical application the lad appears to have no spirit or empathy for the club or the game.

The manager is not blind and the player's refusal/inability to raise his game will compound his misgivings about a signing that was somebody else's mistake; Balotelli is as good as gone, unfortunately any club with the slightest interest in signing our resident lame duck has got LFC by the balls, they can dictate terms of any get shut deal.
      Can we get rid though? Does anybody want him? It's well known now about his attitude, so the top teams well wasn't to avoid players like him, and his ego will prevent him moving to a club that he considers beneath him!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2015: Jul 01, 2016 09:28:21 am
      Can we get rid though? Does anybody want him? It's well known now about his attitude, so the top teams well wasn't to avoid players like him, and his ego will prevent him moving to a club that he considers beneath him!

For that very reason as posted, any club in the slightest way interested has got the club by the balls.
      Letting him go on a free might even be an option, in the long term it might benefit LFC, salary saving, disruption on the field and in training all affecting results.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2016: Jul 01, 2016 09:38:46 am
      For that very reason as posted, any club in the slightest way interested has got the club by the balls.
      Letting him go on a free might even be an option, in the long term it might benefit LFC, salary saving, disruption on the field and in training all affecting results.

Where does he go from here I wonder?  Any SPL teams need a half assed egomaniac with delusions of grandeur!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2017: Jul 01, 2016 10:31:51 am
      I understand your feelings because they are mine too but since tomorrow he is going through the Melwood gate to train for us, we should at least respect him as a person. I know he could be with us for just few weeks but he is still our player. If he works hard, (and that is the most big IF) he can do it because he has talent, the grey matter between his ears is missing. If someone can do it, it is Klopp the master :D

Respect needs to be earned though, he's done nothing to earn my respect but I'm just one person. When does he ever show respect for those around him? Klopp isn't this mighty God who can change the world, he's a human like everybody else, it's crazy to expect him to change Balo IMO after so many managers have tried and failed.

I genuinely can't believe we ever bought him. He had caused disruption wherever he had gone before yet our TC thought he'd be a good signing based on potential monetary value (F**k knows how they came up with that btw).
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,687 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2018: Jul 01, 2016 10:39:14 am
      Respect needs to be earned though, he's done nothing to earn my respect but I'm just one person. When does he ever show respect for those around him? Klopp isn't this mighty God who can change the world, he's a human like everybody else, it's crazy to expect him to change Balo IMO after so many managers have tried and failed.

I genuinely can't believe we ever bought him. He had caused disruption wherever he had gone before yet our TC thought he'd be a good signing based on potential monetary value (F**k knows how they came up with that btw).

I agree totally. But he is our player for this moment and until I see his back going out Melwood for the last time, I will support him till the end. I'm not saying we should have bought him or that Klopp will change him but he is still our player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #2019: Jul 01, 2016 11:06:28 am

Wouldn't it.

I can't see it though. All the ability in the world but looks like he's going to waste his talents.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2020: Jul 01, 2016 11:18:07 am
      This is his last chance to impress, if he fucks it up now, then his career is over, if someone can just get that message into his head then he has a chance, plus he's now working with one of the truly great motivators in world football.
      I'm still not optimistic though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2021: Jul 01, 2016 11:56:52 am

F**k but I'd love that... fingers crossed FL.

A word of caution tho' - If something of such biblical proportion was anyway possible then... Jürgen would have had more chance doing it with Christian.  :P
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2022: Jul 01, 2016 12:24:18 pm

A word of caution tho' - If something of such biblical proportion was anyway possible then... Jürgen would have had more chance doing it with Christian.  :P
      Balotelli is quicker than Benteke. Maybe we can still hope.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #2023: Jul 01, 2016 12:28:35 pm

I know...just dreaming...you imagine the look  on Balotelli's face when Jürgen is yelling at him to press up...

Quick Reply