Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220789 times
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Jul 16, 2016 09:57:11 pm
      Just noticed that Balotelli's contract ends next summer. If we failed to sell him in this transfer window and if we don't willing to use him this season we can terminate his contract. Is contract termination more "expensive" for the club than paying him £110,000 a week till contract ends? In which case we will lose more money?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2071: Jul 16, 2016 11:22:11 pm
      Just noticed that Balotelli's contract ends next summer. If we failed to sell him in this transfer window and if we don't willing to use him this season we can terminate his contract. Is contract termination more "expensive" for the club than paying him £110,000 a week till contract ends? In which case we will lose more money?

A contract termination is possible but incredibly unlikely at this stage IMO. There are a number of factors to consider before going down that route.

Say we do agree a compensation package with Balotelli and there are clubs interested in signing him if he was unattached, would they be willing to pay him the signing on bonus that somebody like Balotelli would request now that he's out of contract? Would they be willing to pay him more in wages to make up for the transfer fee that they didn't have to pay?

It also has to be beneficial to all parties. It's no use trying to negotiate a contract termination if the player doesn't want to. It may be that him remaining at Liverpool and training either with the under-21's or the first team creates a more positive image than if he was unattached and training on his own somewhere. Obviously he doesn't give two shits about his public image - I guess he should have done considering the situation he finds himself in - but it may be something that his agent mentions to him.

Whether it works out cheaper compared to the rest of his contract is another matter. His base wage is 80k a week with approx. 20-25% more coming in the way of performance related bonuses. You see all the time how sacked managers get paid x amount when they leave the club and sometimes it can work out less than they would earn in wages but sometimes it can work out more. Sometimes it depends on how long that person has left on their contract and the circumstances under which they are leaving the club. I read earlier that if Balotelli is still here come September 1st then he gets a 6 figure bonus that was negotiated after he willingly took a 50% pay cut before joining us.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #2072: Jul 16, 2016 11:36:07 pm

A contract termination is possible but incredibly unlikely at this stage IMO. There are a number of factors to consider before going down that route.

Say we do agree a compensation package with Balotelli and there are clubs interested in signing him if he was unattached, would they be willing to pay him the signing on bonus that somebody like Balotelli would request now that he's out of contract? Would they be willing to pay him more in wages to make up for the transfer fee that they didn't have to pay?

It also has to be beneficial to all parties. It's no use trying to negotiate a contract termination if the player doesn't want to. It may be that him remaining at Liverpool and training either with the under-21's or the first team creates a more positive image than if he was unattached and training on his own somewhere. Obviously he doesn't give two shits about his public image - I guess he should have done considering the situation he finds himself in - but it may be something that his agent mentions to him.

Whether it works out cheaper compared to the rest of his contract is another matter. His base wage is 80k a week with approx. 20-25% more coming in the way of performance related bonuses. You see all the time how sacked managers get paid x amount when they leave the club and sometimes it can work out less than they would earn in wages but sometimes it can work out more. Sometimes it depends on how long that person has left on their contract and the circumstances under which they are leaving the club. I read earlier that if Balotelli is still here come September 1st then he gets a 6 figure bonus that was negotiated after he willingly took a 50% pay cut before joining us.
      Thanks for clarification mate!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2073: Jul 30, 2016 09:36:36 pm
      That Summer we signed him - was it the same one Sanchez jibbed us and the one we pulled the plug on Remy after his medical only for Chelsea to sign him?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2074: Jul 30, 2016 09:49:47 pm
      That Summer we signed him - was it the same one Sanchez jibbed us and the one we pulled the plug on Remy after his medical only for Chelsea to sign him?

Yes.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2075: Jul 30, 2016 11:05:22 pm

Thought so. Makes the signing a bit madder now looking back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2076: Jul 31, 2016 02:59:02 pm
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2077: Jul 31, 2016 05:37:59 pm

Looks like Liguira (based on this and other photos of him dicking about)...

Seriously, the guy needs to sort his head out- why on earth is he flying off back to Italy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2078: Jul 31, 2016 06:23:57 pm
      Looks like Liguira (based on this and other photos of him dicking about)...

Seriously, the guy needs to sort his head out- why on earth is he flying off back to Italy.

I just hope it was a one way flight.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2079: Aug 01, 2016 02:37:14 pm
      Mutual termination of his contract ? Surely i'd rather pay him 1-2 mill just to get rid of him, and i was one of the people who really had some faith that he'll change when he joined us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2080: Aug 01, 2016 03:03:28 pm
      Reports of him being photographed smoking as well. Way to take care of yourself there Mario. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2081: Aug 01, 2016 03:13:05 pm
      Reports of him being photographed smoking as well. Way to take care of yourself there Mario. 

What a tool.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2082: Aug 01, 2016 03:30:31 pm
      Doesn't Klopp smoke?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2083: Aug 01, 2016 03:31:32 pm

He is not a professional athlete though :p
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2084: Aug 01, 2016 04:05:49 pm

He was and probably smoked then as well.

A few footy players smoke!!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2085: Aug 01, 2016 04:07:39 pm

Well to be fair, neither is Mario.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2086: Aug 01, 2016 04:23:00 pm

That was back then, things have changed. Professional athletes getting paid millions playing at the highest level shouldn't go binge drinking, smoking or eating junk food.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2087: Aug 01, 2016 04:23:07 pm

The difference between the two of them is Klopp ain't a paid professional footballer whereas Mario shouldn't be.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2088: Aug 01, 2016 04:24:12 pm
      That was back then, things have changed. Professional athletes getting paid millions playing at the highest level shouldn't go binge drinking, smoking or eating junk food.

Really no one should be doing that if they want to be healthy. But we all got our vices (mine is junk food).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2089: Aug 01, 2016 04:25:35 pm

I know Radja Nainggolan from Belgium is a  20 a dayer. Apparently if he stopped he would combust.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2090: Aug 01, 2016 04:26:13 pm

Oh behave lad, they're human same as us.

Health nazi's do my F***ing head in!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2091: Aug 01, 2016 04:30:22 pm

Health nazi's do my F***ing head in!!

He'll probably be fined to be fair. Not a good look for the club, but more importantly looks bad to any club daft enough to have an interest in him.

Any chance our lawyers can pull a blinder and use it as cause for dismissal?  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2092: Aug 01, 2016 04:49:47 pm
      Really no one should be doing that if they want to be healthy. But we all got our vices (mine is junk food).

Health nazi's do my f**king head in!!

I agree, we all have our vices and no one is perfect, but they are well paid professional athletes playing at the highest level and are role models. Also, If they were serious and wanted to try to reach the pinnacle, they should cut them out and be more discipline imo. Djokovic is a good example btw.

Ask yourselves this, if you got paid millions in wages to do something you love, but also asked to stay healthy and sensible, would you cut out your bad habits? I certainly would.

Quick Reply