Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220786 times
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #598: Oct 28, 2014 01:01:35 pm
      The biggest surprise for me about Mario is that he isn't actually as talented as people thought. He's slow in the mind and doesn't read the game well. He hasn't got great speed, either.

People always thought he was a super talent who simply couldn't focus enough to get the best out of him. But he isn't a super talent at all. He's a good player who had the odd great game in his career. He isn't a world class striker and never will be.  The expectations on the boy are beyond his actual talent; that's what people need to accept.
      I'm an AC Milan fan who has always had great respect for Liverpool and for its fans (my favorite team in EPL). I have to say that Balotelli is the classic player that makes you happy two times: when he comes and when he's sold.
      Mario has a great talent, but he doesn't use it. Maybe he decides the match with a great play, but he isn't present in the opponent's area, doesn't move as a real striker and doesn't score many goals. He is also anarchic and disappears completely in almost every big game. Apart from the semifinal against Germany in Euro 2012 I don't remember any other world class performance.
      Last year he only scored 14 goals (3 on penalties). He never played against Juventus, missed 5 easy goals in a derby, didn't anything good against Roma, Fiorentina and Lazio. He played very well only in Champions in Glasgow and in Serie A against Napoli.
      I agree with you: he isn't a super talent at all. He's already thrown away 3/4 years of his career, I think he'll never change.
      In Brazil he scored against England, but he was invisible against Costa Rica and Uruguay (0 shots on goal).
      In my opinion, he is one of the most overrated players in recent years.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #599: Oct 28, 2014 02:28:09 pm
      In my opinion, he is one of the most overrated players in recent years.

Don't say that here, you'll be crucified for criticizing God Mario.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #600: Oct 28, 2014 03:48:46 pm
      sick of reading about him, sick of hearing about him just score some f***in goals and do what you are paid for
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #601: Oct 28, 2014 03:49:38 pm

Do you think ACmilan has any bias towards former inter player
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #602: Oct 28, 2014 03:58:09 pm
      Do you think ACmilan has any bias towards former inter player

And former AC Milan player [and fan] who has never hidden that fact, even blatantly in press conferences

Not sure why he was biased.. I thought it was an interesting read from someone who knows more about him than any of us.

He's no god but we do like to stand behind our players

You'll never walk alone for a reason
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #603: Oct 28, 2014 04:57:05 pm
      And former AC Milan player [and fan] who has never hidden that fact, even blatantly in press conferences

Not sure why he was biased.. I thought it was an interesting read from someone who knows more about him than any of us.

He's no god but we do like to stand behind our players

You'll never walk alone for a reason
      I've never had any bias towards Balo. After the World Cup he was scapegoated and considered as the only responsible for the failure of Italy NT by Italian press. I also protected him, because many other players had poorer performances than him (including Pirlo, De Rossi and Buffon, for example).
      Since his debut with Inter he's always been considered a champion or potential one. Especially when he was bought by AC Milan Italian media talked about Balotelli daily and sports journalists viewed him as a God.
      For me he is overrated, but he's not poor. He is a good player, but there's nothing special in him IMHO.
      I don't hate him, but I've never loved him, to be honest. However, I really wish Balo all the best for his experience with reds. I hope one day he'll finally settle down. This only depend on him.
      He is also unlucky because he had to replace Ibrahimovic in AC Milan and now Suarez in Liverpool  :)
      CarrasCramp
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #604: Oct 28, 2014 07:35:34 pm
      gotta say...loved how he destroyed M** U** when at City...for that mans a Ledge regardless.....i will give him to end of season, if he sweats and busts a gut with few goals then 2nd season syndrome may kick in, if he continues to mooch about in our shirt like he is looking for a contact lens then i will vent fury....c'mon Mario!! make us sing yer name like Luis & Robbie!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #605: Oct 29, 2014 09:45:49 am
      So Brendan finally plays him with someone up front next to him and what happens ................... he scores.

It might not be Mario .................
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #606: Oct 29, 2014 11:10:46 am
      sick of reading about him, sick of hearing about him just score some f***in goals and do what you are paid for

Looks like he did.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #607: Oct 29, 2014 11:36:26 am
      Good finish from a great cross but just a couple of minutes later he ruined yet again another attack by trying the spectacular 30-40 yard shot when he had better options on both sides. I'm afraid he'll never be a consistent, regular goalscorer with that kind of decision making. The talent with the ball is obvious, but his attitude and game intelligence seriously damage his contribution to the team.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #608: Oct 29, 2014 11:54:43 am
      Good finish from a great cross but just a couple of minutes later he ruined yet again another attack by trying the spectacular 30-40 yard shot when he had better options on both sides. I'm afraid he'll never be a consistent, regular goalscorer with that kind of decision making. The talent with the ball is obvious, but his attitude and game intelligence seriously damage his contribution to the team.

Exactly mate, and it's that apparent lack of 'game intelligence' and decision making that will seemingly hold him back from reaching his full potential. He's undoubtedly fantastically skilled technically, physically strong and whilst he hasn't got searing pace, he's not slow either. Unfortunately you can have all the natural ability and physical attributes in the world, but if you don't make the right decisions on the pitch you won't get far.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #609: Oct 29, 2014 12:04:20 pm
      He's looking for a pass more often now than when he first joined, so obviously the coaching staff are working on that.
      He needs to do more of that.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #610: Oct 29, 2014 09:20:15 pm

Yeah we got a little snapshot of everything that is Balotelli in that little 15 minute cameo didn't we, some solid play, a really well taken goal, a couple of horrendous Jonny wilkinson specials and then a ridiculous dive that could have got Shelvey sent off toward the end there. Never a dull moment! Chuffed he got the goal and nice t hear his teammates rallying for him in the press the past couple of days, it shows there is still a good spirit within the squad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #611: Oct 30, 2014 06:45:49 am
      Mario Balotelli has been defended by Daniel Sturridge who claims his team-mate is 'misunderstood'.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-liverpool-star-sturridge-eyes-deadly-partnership-misunderstood-balotelli
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #612: Oct 30, 2014 12:46:50 pm
      Can sometimes it be about more than just football? Found this on twitter, if true, I really appreciate that he took the time to acknowledge us the fans...the same ones that will berate him if he doesn't play up to our "expectations".

Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #613: Oct 30, 2014 12:59:38 pm
      True story mate, it's an excerpt off the Echo - there's photos and a video by the kid as well. Good guy Mario!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/watch-liverpool-fc-fan-new-8021090
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #614: Oct 30, 2014 01:37:31 pm
      Mario fantastico indeed! Put a smile on my face.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #615: Oct 30, 2014 04:02:59 pm
      I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest Mario is a very unique guy and a very kind one.maybe that's the problem he could do with a few Luis genes in there
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #616: Oct 30, 2014 04:49:54 pm
      I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest Mario is a very unique guy and a very kind one.maybe that's the problem he could do with a few Luis genes in there

Ain't got the teeth :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #617: Oct 30, 2014 04:50:30 pm

Well, at least Mario wants to play for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #618: Oct 30, 2014 11:59:48 pm
      To be fair to Balo, he does seems to always take the time where young fans are concerned and in general with youngsters, like the boy that was being bullied for example. A lot of players, such as RVP just couldn't give a damn so long as they keep picking up their massive pay check.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #619: Oct 31, 2014 12:08:39 am
      To be fair to Balo, he does seems to always take the time where young fans are concerned and in general with youngsters, like the boy that was being bullied for example. A lot of players, such as RVP just couldn't give a damn so long as they keep picking up their massive pay check.

He's admitted he feeds off the adulation of the young fans, claiming it is less biased and genuine. (or something to that extent)

While he's pissed me off with some of what he's done this season things like this always win points with me so fair play Mario, well in.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #620: Oct 31, 2014 12:39:39 am

Mario said that story isn't true.

Not that I want to take anything away from him.

Quick Reply