Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220739 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #713: Nov 23, 2014 10:34:51 am
      Liverpool players have reportedly become frustrated with their team manager Brendan Rodgers for favouritism towards goal-shy Mario Balotelli.

Liverpool players are angry that the Italian is in the team no matter how poorly he plays

As I've said before on this forum there are more then a few players apart from Mario who should count themselves lucky to be in the ssie as well.

If this is true then I hope Brendan told the players what is what. He is the manager and picks the side and its fuxl all to do with the rest of the players who he feels should start.

Whether he is right or not is another debate but as long as he is boss its his call.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #714: Nov 23, 2014 10:50:24 am
      Liverpool players have reportedly become frustrated with their team manager Brendan Rodgers for favouritism towards goal-shy Mario Balotelli.

Liverpool players are angry that the Italian is in the team no matter how poorly he plays and they have even sent a senior star to see Rodgers about it. There is a feeling in the dressing room the boss has gone overboard with the striker, playing him until he breaks his duck in the Premier League.

The former Manchester City forward has scored just twice since his 16 million pounds move from AC Milan, once in the Champions League and once in the League Cup, The Mirror reported.

Although his performances have improved lately, patience is wearing thin and a source close to the players said that there is a growing sense of frustration, adding that it seems no matter how badly Balotelli plays, he's in the team.

The source revealed that it's almost like the manager is trying to prove a point, playing Balotelli until he scores.

England stars Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana have been used sparingly while Balotelli gets the nod virtually every week.

Rodgers is not the first manager to stand accused of indulging Balotelli. Former City boss Roberto Mancini was often criticised for turning a blind eye to the Italian's indiscretions, the report added.

I'd say this journalist's been reading some Liverpool forums and created a bit of mischief by insinuating Brendan is being undermined by the players. 

Funny how we treat the media with such disdain when they're pushing an unfair agenda, yet we freely give them more than enough amunition to initiate and feed the agenda.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #715: Nov 23, 2014 11:08:22 am
      As I've said before on this forum there are more then a few players apart from Mario who should count themselves lucky to be in the ssie as well.

If this is true then I hope Brendan told the players what is what. He is the manager and picks the side and its fuxl all to do with the rest of the players who he feels should start.

Whether he is right or not is another debate but as long as he is boss its his call.

Of course it is Brendan's call, but sometimes it is better to agree with the players thereby putting the pressure on the players to prove their view right. Bobby Robson showed that with the England team when they pressed him to play three at the back and England went on to the semi's (playing 3 at the back with Mark Wright).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #716: Nov 23, 2014 11:10:27 am
      Of course it is Brendan's call, but sometimes it is better to agree with the players thereby putting the pressure on the players to prove their view right. Bobby Robson showed that with the England team when they pressed him to play three at the back and England went on to the semi's (playing 3 at the back with Mark Wright).

Fair point Saint but I disagree if a group of players are singling one player out to be dropped.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #717: Nov 23, 2014 11:19:45 am
      Fair point Saint but I disagree if a group of players are singling one player out to be dropped.

I see both sides on this mate. Obviously if it is true, the players are unhappy that Balotelli is being given so many chances (or that others aren't being given the same chances). Which in effect means the players don't believe Balotelli is deserving of those chances.

I would imagine that the players would have to feel pretty strongly before taking such action and I don't think it is something that would be allowed in any but the most exceptional of circumstances.

As a "one off" I think it is o.k. if they then start trying to pick the team (Johnson next on the list perhaps) then it would be time for Brendan to show them who's boss.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #718: Nov 23, 2014 11:31:46 am
      I see both sides on this mate. Obviously if it is true, the players are unhappy that Balotelli is being given so many chances (or that others aren't being given the same chances). Which in effect means the players don't believe Balotelli is deserving of those chances.

I would imagine that the players would have to feel pretty strongly before taking such action and I don't think it is something that would be allowed in any but the most exceptional of circumstances.

As a "one off" I think it is o.k. if they then start trying to pick the team (Johnson next on the list perhaps) then it would be time for Brendan to show them who's boss.

That's my point though.

If Brendan did back down on this one instance, if true as you say, then whats to stop players 'ganging' up on the next guy who they think isn't deserving of a place in the side.

A dangerous path to tread as a manager I feel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #719: Nov 23, 2014 11:36:29 am
      That's my point though.

If Brendan did back down on this one instance, if true as you say, then whats to stop players 'ganging' up on the next guy who they think isn't deserving of a place in the side.

A dangerous path to tread as a manager I feel.

Yeah it is definitely a fine line to walk mate. Maybe Balotelli's injury came at the right time or was just sufficient to give Brendan an easier decision?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #720: Nov 23, 2014 12:09:39 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-frustrated-brendan-rodgers-4677715

Fed-up Liverpool stars have rounded on boss Brendan Rodgers for favouritism towards goal-shy striker Mario Balotelli, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Reds players are angry that the Italian is in the team no matter how poorly he plays – and have even sent a senior Kop star to see Rodgers about it.

There is a feeling in the dressing room the boss has gone overboard with Balotelli – playing him until he breaks his duck in the Premier League.

The former Manchester City forward has scored just twice since his £16million move from AC Milan, once in the Champions League and once in the League Cup.

Although his performances have improved lately, patience is wearing thin and a source close to the players said: “There is a growing sense of frustration. It seems no matter how badly Mario plays, he’s in the team.

“It’s almost like the manager is trying to prove a point, playing him until he scores.”

England stars Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana have been used sparingly while Balotelli gets the nod virtually every week.

Rodgers is not the first manager to stand accused of indulging Balotelli. Ex-City boss Roberto Mancini was often criticised for turning a blind eye to the Italian’s indiscretions.

After just two goals in his 14 games, it remains to be seen how long Rodgers – after three straight defeats – keeps faith with the 24-year-old.

Seems as though Rodgers has a point to prove ..... like he was the driving force after all in getting Balotelli in after previously denying he was coming to the club.

Flip/Flop
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #721: Nov 23, 2014 12:15:58 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-frustrated-brendan-rodgers-4677715

Fed-up Liverpool stars have rounded on boss Brendan Rodgers for favouritism towards goal-shy striker Mario Balotelli, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Reds players are angry that the Italian is in the team no matter how poorly he plays – and have even sent a senior Kop star to see Rodgers about it.

There is a feeling in the dressing room the boss has gone overboard with Balotelli – playing him until he breaks his duck in the Premier League.

The former Manchester City forward has scored just twice since his £16million move from AC Milan, once in the Champions League and once in the League Cup.

Although his performances have improved lately, patience is wearing thin and a source close to the players said: “There is a growing sense of frustration. It seems no matter how badly Mario plays, he’s in the team.

“It’s almost like the manager is trying to prove a point, playing him until he scores.”

Rodgers is not the first manager to stand accused of indulging Balotelli. Ex-City boss Roberto Mancini was often criticised for turning a blind eye to the Italian’s indiscretions.

After just two goals in his 14 games, it remains to be seen how long Rodgers – after three straight defeats – keeps faith with the 24-year-old.

Seems as though Rodgers has a point to prove ..... like he was the driving force after all in getting Balotelli in after previously denying he was coming to the club.

Flip/Flop

This seems fake, who exactly is Brendan holding back by sticking with Balotelli? Borini?(doesn't score)... Lambert?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #722: Nov 25, 2014 03:08:13 pm
      OR :

There is an alternative theory . . .

He didnt want Balotelli as he stated   but the transfer was thrust on  him by other powers  ie " The Committee ".

So Brendan has a sulk .

Now he has a point to prove to the Committee that they were wrong.

So he plays the Committee's  choice every single game  he can  to prove a point that he was right and they were wrong.

A very dangerous and immature egotistical game to play with Liverpool Football Club ...  just  to satisfy  one mans ego  .

Flip/ Flop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #723: Nov 25, 2014 11:11:59 pm
      OR :

There is an alternative theory . . .

He didnt want Balotelli as he stated   but the transfer was thrust on  him by other powers  ie " The Committee ".

So Brendan has a sulk .

Now he has a point to prove to the Committee that they were wrong.

So he plays the Committee's  choice every single game  he can  to prove a point that he was right and they were wrong.

A very dangerous and immature egotistical game to play with Liverpool Football Club ...  just  to satisfy  one mans ego  .

Flip/ Flop.

You really don't like the man do you Skip.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #724: Nov 28, 2014 10:41:09 am
      hes a talent that needs a stike parnet with him, look at his goals for madrid hes' scored plus he brings in revenu with shirt sales, so someone i.e gerrad needs to slap  him up if he spits his dummy out but i reckon he will still get 15goals for us this seaon when sturridge is back
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #725: Nov 28, 2014 03:30:37 pm
      My immediate, instinctive reaction to hearing he is injured is - relief. That cannot be good.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #726: Dec 01, 2014 11:32:29 pm
      Mario Balotelli social media post to be looked into by FA
      Last Updated: 01/12/14 11:12pm

Mario Balotelli: Controversial post was deleted

The Football Association will look into an anti-Semitic social media post by Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli.

Balotelli later deleted the post on his Instagram page, which portrayed the Nintendo character Super Mario – with whom he shares a nickname – alongside a racial stereotype and anti-Semitic comment.

Balotelli was quickly criticised by other social media users, and the posts were deleted.

Balotelli later posted: "My Mom is jewish so all of u shut up please (sic)."

A spokesman for Liverpool said: “We are aware of the posting which has since been promptly deleted by the player. We will be speaking to the player about the issue.”

The incident comes after a controversy involving Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan, who has been charged by the FA over comments about Jewish and Chinese people.

Under the FA's social media guidelines, the minimum ban for race-related breaches of rules is five games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #727: Dec 02, 2014 03:37:01 am

The Football Association will look into an anti-Semitic social media post by Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli.

Balotelli later deleted the post on his Instagram page, which portrayed the Nintendo character Super Mario – with whom he shares a nickname – alongside a racial stereotype and anti-Semitic comment.

Balotelli was quickly criticised by other social media users, and the posts were deleted.

A spokesman for Liverpool said: “We are aware of the posting which has since been promptly deleted by the player. We will be speaking to the player about the issue.”

The incident comes after a controversy involving Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan, who has been charged by the FA over comments about Jewish and Chinese people.

Under the FA's social media guidelines, the minimum ban for race-related breaches of rules is five games.

I saw the tweet today (follow him on Twitter).

Wondered how long it would take until it became an issue.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #728: Dec 02, 2014 03:47:41 am

What was that tweet? What is offensive in it?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #729: Dec 02, 2014 06:04:23 am
      What was that tweet? What is offensive in it?

No idea mate, maybe FL can enlighten us.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #730: Dec 02, 2014 06:58:23 am
      This is what he posted

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #731: Dec 02, 2014 07:18:38 am

F**k me - how far off April 1 are we.
      This is a F***ing joke.
      What about stereotyping black men as having long legs and being able to leap like an athletic kangaroo.
      This post will probably be deleted by the PC world monitoring mafia.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #732: Dec 02, 2014 07:21:55 am
      No wonder Jews are agitated.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #733: Dec 02, 2014 07:28:21 am
      Why oh Why do we have so much bad luck buying Italian players.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #734: Dec 02, 2014 07:37:15 am

They need to lighten up, it's ok when their plentiful comedians have free reign to mock any race.
      Why is it only racist against Jews? Jews aren't even a race anyway. It's a religion.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #735: Dec 02, 2014 07:48:41 am

Don't know what the FA (who are looking into this,they said)  wants to know from balotelli
       I am not a big fan of him , but if there is a player who fights and is sensitive to  racism ,its Mario balotelli, I remember when he walked out from a match (with milan,I think) when he was being abused

we will see what the FA comes out with, this time around
        than there is certain media, we all know about them already

YNWA

Quick Reply