Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220769 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #828: Dec 15, 2014 10:40:30 am
      In fairness to Mario if that had been his debut for us yesterday we'd have all been salivating about him this morning. Like the future captain and Adam Lallana however, he's having to carry the burden of previous poor performances. Yesterday he was very good I thought and could easily have had two goals. I'm not sure what else people expect of a centre forward in 45 minutes.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #829: Dec 15, 2014 10:46:49 am
      How people can say hes sh*t baffles me! Theres a difference between beiing critics of liverpool players and just slagging them off, its not the liverpool way!

Edit: Pear do you realise how f**king stupid you sound? read your last 4 posts, its like seeing a little 12 year old squabble.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #830: Dec 15, 2014 10:55:13 am
      How people can say hes sh*t baffles me! Theres a difference between beiing critics of liverpool players and just slagging them off, its not the liverpool way!

Edit: Pear do you realise how f**king stupid you sound? read your last 4 posts, its like seeing a little 12 year old squabble.

He is good "on his day". Which is about once every blue moon. For 99% of his Liverpool career this far he had been utter sh*t. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either delusional or hasn't watched him play.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #831: Dec 15, 2014 10:56:30 am
      I'm not sure what else people expect of a centre forward in 45 minutes.

To score a goal.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #832: Dec 15, 2014 11:00:30 am

It's a good and witty response Baz and I'm taking it in the spirit it was intended, but seriously there was much to like about him yesterday. De Geas touch onto the bar off him was a good save but on another day would have gone in, his effort where he held off the defender then got the shot away on the penalty spot would have beaten most keepers. More crucially the one where Markovic put him in with a brilliant pass was a definite change of tack from the big man, he actually made a run before the ball was released. He even went very close with a shot from outside the box.

He did more in 45 minutes than Van Persie did in the 90 (admittedly other than score haha), but he never had the bonus of their goalie sitting on his @rse and giving him an open goal.   
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #833: Dec 15, 2014 11:07:15 am
      He is good "on his day". Which is about once every blue moon. For 99% of his Liverpool career this far he had been utter sh*t. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either delusional or hasn't watched him play.

How many times has played this season? He's had a year out of the Prem, played in Serie A which is slow comparing and played a handful of games for us, yes hes been poor, it doesnt take genius to see that Bazspeedman but I do still think he will improve.

If Balotelli scored atleast 6 goals by now which he hasnt been far from, we'd be like all hail Mario. So much negativity, if your going to have a pop at anyone, Sturridge is the one whos let us down. Our season would be alot different if he was in the side.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #834: Dec 15, 2014 11:07:56 am
      It's a good and witty response Baz and I'm taking it in the spirit it was intended, but seriously there was much to like about him yesterday. De Geas touch onto the bar off him was a good save but on another day would have gone in, his effort where he held off the defender then got the shot away on the penalty spot would have beaten most keepers. More crucially the one where Markovic put him in with a brilliant pass was a definite change of tack from the big man, he actually made a run before the ball was released. He even went very close with a shot from outside the box.

He did more in 45 minutes than Van Persie did in the 90 (admittedly other than score haha), but he never had the bonus of their goalie sitting on his @rse and giving him an open goal.   

Van Persie never does much in games he drifts in and out, doesn't track back, doesn't run a whole lot, but he is a lethal finisher and would have buried at least one of Marios chances. He had an assist as well as his goal yesterday even though the goal was offside. I appreciate Mario put in a long overdue shift the half he played and should start the next game as a result. But I just don't see him scoring goals for us. He will require about 5 clear cut opportunities every game to score one. Top strikers like RVP don't need to play brilliantly every game because they take their opportunities when presented and score an average of a goal every 2 games. I can't see Balotelli ever doing this for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #835: Dec 15, 2014 11:11:10 am
      How many times has played this season? He's had a year out of the Prem, played in Serie A which is slow comparing and played a handful of games for us, yes hes been poor, it doesnt take genius to see that Bazspeedman but I do still think he will improve.

If Balotelli scored atleast 6 goals by now which he hasnt been far from, we'd be like all hail Mario. So much negativity, if your going to have a pop at anyone, Sturridge is the one whos let us down. Our season would be alot different if he was in the side.

Wow, so it's all Danny's fault Balotelli hasn't scored a single PL goal and we are on 10th position? It's Danny who has let the team down? F**k me sideways I've heard it all now.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #836: Dec 15, 2014 11:14:39 am
      Van Persie never does much in games he drifts in and out, doesn't track back, doesn't run a whole lot, but he is a lethal finisher and would have buried at least one of Marios chances. He had an assist as well as his goal yesterday even though the goal was offside. I appreciate Mario put in a long overdue shift the half he played and should start the next game as a result. But I just don't see him scoring goals for us. He will require about 5 clear cut opportunities every game to score one. Top strikers like RVP don't need to play brilliantly every game because they take their opportunities when presented and score an average of a goal every 2 games. I can't see Balotelli ever doing this for us.

Not if De Gea was between the sticks he wouldnt have.

Wow, so it's all Danny's fault Balotelli hasn't scored a single PL goal and we are on 10th position? It's Danny who has let the team down? F**k me sideways I've heard it all now.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said it was his fault that Balo hasnt scored what kind of logic are you using? but with him Sterling and Balotelli, those 3 could of worked well together, who knows?
      And yes he has let us down to an extent, Whilst hes getting "warm weather training" in the US chilling with his buddy Drake and all his rapper friends, he could atleast be with the team. Im saying all this because im so desperate for him back into the starting team. But yes i dont think we would be placed 10th if Studge was in the team we would be alot higher.

If Balotelli went to America and started knocking about with rappers, Us fans would be tearing him apart.
      Double standards mate.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2014 11:31:31 am by Lethal Legacy »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #837: Dec 15, 2014 11:21:00 am
      Not if De Gea was between the sticks he wouldnt have.

I believe he would have.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #838: Dec 15, 2014 12:12:13 pm
      oy who ever thinks this guy is a good player is really delusional
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #839: Dec 15, 2014 12:16:50 pm
      oy who ever thinks this guy is a good player is really delusional

You've made your point..

Not on what we have seen granted but in the right system with things being played through him then I'm afraid he isn't a poor player whatsoever..

Or with Sturridge alongside him we would see a different player

No he's no world beater, especially currently but to say he is w*nk is nothing short of misguided or looking for reaction
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #840: Dec 15, 2014 03:21:12 pm
      Read a tweet where Rodgers was asked if Balo was in his long term plan in which he replied, "I'm only looking to next game."

Can anyone confirm this? :o
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #841: Dec 15, 2014 04:02:55 pm
      still not quite sure what the best approach is with Balotelli.

We're trying to play an up-tempo game, quick passing, moving and finding open space etc.  On that pass from Markovic Balotelli sprinted forward and wow did he look fast.  so he has pace.  The problem is, he doesn't use it.  On top of that he doesn't link up with the other players.  And yet he has good technique, so it's not like he's incapable of it.  I think he's just not mentally up to it. 

For example: literally the first play of the second half, Henderson got the ball at RB, gave a quick 1-touch to Coutinho; Henderson runs forward; Coutinho, quick 1-touch to Balotelli, then Coutinho runs forward; so the next play should be Balotelli gives the 1-touch back to Coutinho, right?

well, what did Balotelli do?  he didn't even look up, he just sat with the ball and took four or five touches before kicking it out of bounds.  I mean.  I just.  Look mate.  Henderson and Coutinho are playing quick 1-2s and moving up the pitch.  F***ing give it back to them!  he just doesn't get it.

I don't know. He has the pace, and he has the technique; it seems to me like this is mostly a mental thing.

In next week's thrilling episode, after extensive analysis, Federer suspects Gerrard has excellent technique and attacking instincts but lacks defensive discipline.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #842: Dec 15, 2014 09:56:29 pm
      it's funny how do expect him to perform when all the team is utter sh*t, do you expect him to score a hattrick out of nowhere ?

would love to see what you have to say in 1-2 months when he'll be banging them for us

with a new manager at the helm he'll be firing again, it's only a mental problem now which resided into all players, they don't turned sh*t overnight
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #843: Dec 17, 2014 11:18:10 am
      yes he has a mental problem,hes to carfree to become a top player,he has the quality but he doesnt give a F**k to show it or use it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #844: Dec 17, 2014 01:56:23 pm
      yes he has a mental problem,hes to carfree to become a top player,he has the quality but he doesnt give a f**k to show it or use it

He's anything but carfree brother.....

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #845: Dec 17, 2014 02:37:18 pm
      He's anything but carfree brother.....

on the pitch hes carefree
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #846: Dec 18, 2014 06:03:53 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #847: Dec 18, 2014 06:19:14 pm
      Could have been worse and besides he is injured anyway.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #848: Dec 19, 2014 09:52:20 pm

Unbelievable. Yet when he next suffers racial abuse I bet nothing will be done or said about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #849: Dec 22, 2014 05:26:30 pm
      Well at least Balotelli is on top of one chart, he leads the shots without a goal on 30 attempts  :o
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #850: Dec 24, 2014 03:55:42 pm
      http://www.espnfc.co.uk/liverpool/story/2214486/brendan-rodgers-mario-balotelli-doesnt-suit-liverpool-style

Could be going in Jan - certainly looks like BR would consider it seriously.
      Borini I'd let go without replacing (ideally replace though), but would not let Mario go without adequate replacement. Certainly think we should have learned from not properly replacing strikers in the past....

Quick Reply