Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220495 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #920: Jan 23, 2015 04:26:42 pm
      One thing whic is certian is that he can't play as a lone striker but I'd be very interested to see him paired with a fully fit Sturridge, if he is still crap then then we have to concede defeat on him and admit it just hasn't worked out. He is still amuch better striker than Borini and Lambert though

What, so Brendan has to change the dynamics of the team after only now just finding a winning formula just to accommodate him? I don't if I'd be happy about that. Maybe try them out together in FA Cup but is worth the risk in the PL?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #921: Jan 24, 2015 01:51:19 pm
      Whats with this b***ard,why is he not playing?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #922: Jan 24, 2015 02:02:26 pm

b***ard? He has been ill.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #923: Jan 24, 2015 02:47:28 pm

Harsh

Not needed
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #924: Jan 24, 2015 02:54:03 pm

He's a strange one is Pear.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #925: Jan 24, 2015 03:18:33 pm

WD 40 should help with the head lodged up your arse lad.
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #926: Jan 24, 2015 11:32:37 pm
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #927: Jan 25, 2015 12:29:42 am

Liverpool's Mario Balotelli told to shape up by Brendan Rodgers.

Balo knows the writing is on the wall in that he's going to be shipped off (to whoever is dumb enough to take him).

Brendan and the club should just cut their losses now this window because I can honestly see him causing ructions and disharmony. He's a ticking time bomb.

I wonder if Balo will have actually grown-up in a couple of years time to have the intelligence and conscience to realise what an absolute fool he's been, considering the amount opportunities he's been given. Somehow, I doubt it. 
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #928: Jan 25, 2015 03:33:48 am
      start F***ing running please Mario, just start running in lines BR tells you to run so you can start playing for us again and having shots from 35 yards.

surely he has a role to play in the Europa League.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #929: Jan 25, 2015 08:23:55 am
      Liverpool's Mario Balotelli told to shape up by Brendan Rodgers
      "It is difficult for him [Balotelli] but he knows the level of [where] this team is at - you see the aggression in our pressing and if you can't do that you are not going to be a part of what this team is trying to achieve."

So if you're Balotelli and you can't press then you don't play.

If you're Rickie Lambert and can't press, no problem, you can still play.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #930: Jan 25, 2015 09:32:06 am
      Liverpool's Mario Balotelli told to shape up by Brendan Rodgers.

Balo knows the writing is on the wall in that he's going to be shipped off (to whoever is dumb enough to take him).

Brendan and the club should just cut their losses now this window because I can honestly see him causing ructions and disharmony. He's a ticking time bomb.

I wonder if Balo will have actually grown-up in a couple of years time to have the intelligence and conscience to realise what an absolute fool he's been, considering the amount opportunities he's been given. Somehow, I doubt it. 

When Studge returns Balotelli will have the opportunity to link with a fellow poacher and his game will kick on.
      What did you expect for the middle-ish fee we got him for?
      What do you expect from a player past his first flush of brilliance?

While average/middling ingredients are acquired the ability to take the game by the scruff (aka Suarez) will not exist.
      We have a player (one player) who can aspire to that role in the shape of Sturridge, when the solitary game changing ingredient returns Balotelli will feed off his inspired runs, on the ball trickery and all round brilliance to change his game dramatically.

The manager will be thinking along the same lines no doubt in spite of the informed(?) opinion on a football forum, will stand by the player until the best stage to reflect his skills arises.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #931: Jan 25, 2015 10:30:55 am
      "It is difficult for him [Balotelli] but he knows the level of [where] this team is at - you see the aggression in our pressing and if you can't do that you are not going to be a part of what this team is trying to achieve."

Lambert is ahead of Balotelli in the goalscoring charts which is why he's probaby getting a game.

He's like the Andreas Seppi of our striking department  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #932: Jan 25, 2015 11:30:59 am
      Lambert is ahead of Balotelli in the goalscoring charts which is why he's probaby getting a game.

Right but it just is so daft to say that the reason Balotelli doesn't play is because he doesn't press when everyone and their dog can see that Lambert doesn't press either.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #933: Jan 25, 2015 11:50:25 am
      Right but it just is so daft to say that the reason Balotelli doesn't play is because he doesn't press when everyone and their dog can see that Lambert doesn't press either.

But if Sturridge were fit Lambert wouldn't be getting a game either - at the moment he is the best of a bad choice.

Added to which, Lambert doesn't press because he a) isn't athletic b) too old and c) his legs have gone.

Balotelli doesn't press because he doesn't want to - he has all the physical atttributes necessary. for this reason the manger has called him out on it. It's unlikely that he hasn't spent considerable time calling him out on it in training so this is likely to be a lst resot measure to get him to adapt to the game to save his career here.

Balotelli either has to adapt his game to the needs of the team or he leaves. Lambert is physically past i, whether he wants to press or not. Surely you can see that? What else would you want our manager to do? Given we are in need of a striker there's nothing more the manager would like than a world class talent banging the goals in but - surprise surprise - Balotelli is failing to live up to his potential as he has at every club he's represented in his career. He's been encouraged, threatened, disciplined and cajoled and every approach has failed.

Once again Federer, it's a case of dealing with real live people rather than selecting the ones with highest scores on FIFA or PES which is where most of your suggestions fall down.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #934: Jan 25, 2015 12:47:35 pm
      When Studge returns Balotelli will have the opportunity to link with a fellow poacher and his game will kick on.

While average/middling ingredients are acquired the ability to take the game by the scruff (aka Suarez) will not exist.
      We have a player (one player) who can aspire to that role in the shape of Sturridge, when the solitary game changing ingredient returns Balotelli will feed off his inspired runs, on the ball trickery and all round brilliance to change his game dramatically.

The manager will be thinking along the same lines no doubt in spite of the informed(?) opinion on a football forum, will stand by the player until the best stage to reflect his skills arises.

Now that Brendan has found a system to steady the ship, It'll be interesting see if he will indeed play them both together. We all know Brendan likes his players to get in behind the oppositions defence. A system that was effective last season because SAS were both doing it or taking turns in doing it. Pulling defenders out of position left, right and center causing mayhem and confusion.
      Balo will never be that type of team player. As we've seen from his previous plays, he's quite content to just amble and dawdle into positions.
      The same as I expected from Sturridge. 100% commitment at the very least. To prove all of his many doubters wrong that he was a waste of space and in his last chance saloon.
      Erm, he's only 24 and in any case he's only ever been known for flashes of brilliance.

I say again, the ship seems to have been steadied and we have an opportunity to make up ground in the league. I think it'll be a big ask of Brendan to jeopardize that by adopting tactics just so that he can include the both of them. Sturridge has been the missing ingredient so far this season. A player who is fully suited to Brendans style(s) of play and also a player who was seemingly able to carry the mantle as a sole striker last year.

It's just my opinion, but I don't see why we should upset the apple cart on a known winning formula just for the sake of Balo's inclusion.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #935: Jan 25, 2015 12:52:58 pm
      Rodgers has final say on transfers, that's what he has told us as much, why buy a players that you know does not press as much as you would like, why buy a player that does not fit into your system or philosophy?.

We've heard it countless times that Rodgers is a great man manager, great football mind and done wonders with Suarez, Raheem, etc etc.

Why can't Rodgers do it with Mario?, I can't help but feel for the lad since he signed for us he has had nothing but pressure heaped on him because he was a replacement for the irreplaceable.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #936: Jan 25, 2015 01:20:44 pm
      Rodgers has final say on transfers, that's what he has told us as much, why buy a players that you know does not press as much as you would like, why buy a player that does not fit into your system or philosophy?.

We've heard it countless times that Rodgers is a great man manager, great football mind and done wonders with Suarez, Raheem, etc etc.

Why can't Rodgers do it with Mario?, I can't help but feel for the lad since he signed for us he has had nothing but pressure heaped on him because he was a replacement for the irreplaceable.

It's a fine line I know Shabs and the ones who want to beat him with it choose that side of the line but it's common knowledge that yes he gets final say but doesn't choose the targets.. So if it was a case of Balotelli or no one.. As I said it's a fine line

Maybe he thought he could get him to buy into it and press but hasn't been able to

I don't dislike Balotelli, he seems a lovely kid and I actually think he is talented but maybe not for our system

Lesson has to be learnt from though.. Buy what suits even if it costs slightly more.

Balotelli was an ideal moneyball type signing.. It just looks like the gamble that those moneyball 'bargains' offer won't pay off this time

For me no real point blaming the player or manager on this one..
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #937: Jan 25, 2015 01:24:27 pm

The managers comments suggest that Lambert and Borini bust a gut in training and Balotelli does not. I'm surprised a man of your intellect hasn't figured that out.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #938: Jan 26, 2015 10:34:42 am
      well well after those comments from BR lets see if we see the player we all know is in there deep down. when on form he gets goals and worldy's. he now needs to buckle down and fight for his place.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #939: Jan 27, 2015 10:25:26 pm
      Tonight was  watershed moment for me. Up til now, and you may call me crazy, I honestly believed in my heart of hearts that Mario would come good. I really thought it would happen and I'd get to roll my eyes at everyone who doubted him. I just don't believe any more, and losing belief is a tragic thing.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #940: Jan 27, 2015 10:32:40 pm
      Ivanovic was his man.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #941: Jan 27, 2015 10:34:07 pm
      Leave.

Now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #942: Jan 27, 2015 10:35:24 pm

Quick Reply