Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220659 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #207: Sep 19, 2014 11:36:19 pm
      Kop was buzzing when he scored on Tuesday night and the song for him sounded boss as it rung out on the terraces...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #208: Sep 20, 2014 06:53:25 am
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #209: Sep 20, 2014 06:56:35 am

Guess he got rid of his bentley.  Really dig ferraris I do... but these manufacturers have to do something about the stance of the car. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #210: Sep 20, 2014 08:53:33 am
      Guess he got rid of his bentley.  Really dig ferraris I do... but these manufacturers have to do something about the stance of the car. 

Would not argue with stance of that beast.
      Absolutely stunning.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #211: Sep 20, 2014 10:49:13 am

Yes but Roy Evans also thought Phil Babb and Mark Kennedy would be a success too!  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #212: Sep 20, 2014 10:51:15 am
      Yes but Roy Evans also thought Phil Babb and Mark Kennedy would be a success too!  ;)

True.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #213: Sep 20, 2014 10:58:52 am

At least Babb left a mark on the club, unfortunately it was an indent of his balls on the goalpost.

Phil Babb Nutcracker
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #214: Sep 20, 2014 11:48:16 am
      At least Babb left a mark on the club, unfortunately it was an indent of his balls on the goalpost.

Phil Babb Nutcracker
      Ouch!
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #215: Sep 21, 2014 09:34:05 am
      One moment yesterday summed up Luis vs Ballo. He was chasing the last defender who was under pressure and fouled him instead of waiting for a mistake. Rodgers can ensure he improves hopefully like Luis did because Ballo's touch and strength are pretty excellent but decision making isn't
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #216: Sep 21, 2014 02:23:03 pm
      One moment yesterday summed up Luis vs Ballo. He was chasing the last defender who was under pressure and fouled him instead of waiting for a mistake.

Balotelli had every right going for the ball there and Suarez would have done the exact same thing.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #217: Sep 21, 2014 02:32:56 pm
      Balotelli had every right going for the ball there and Suarez would have done the exact same thing.

Exactly, Balo got my MotM vote, thought he ran his socks off again and was about our only threat. Some of his hold up and intricate passing was fantastic. Many times the ball was just pinged up to him and he passed it off to the right runner, many times it was him back there clearing at corners or tracking men back.

Yes he ran the man down and fouled him, but at least he had the desire to hunt the ball, saying Luis wouldn't have done the same is stupid because I saw Luis foul many a defender chasing them down last year, it's as they say a forward's tackle.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #218: Sep 21, 2014 06:10:59 pm
      We need to judge him on the goals he scores not on what a great lad or character he is.His job is to score lots of goals.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #219: Sep 21, 2014 06:37:05 pm
      Exactly, Balo got my MotM vote, thought he ran his socks off again and was about our only threat. Some of his hold up and intricate passing was fantastic. Many times the ball was just pinged up to him and he passed it off to the right runner, many times it was him back there clearing at corners or tracking men back.

Yes he ran the man down and fouled him, but at least he had the desire to hunt the ball, saying Luis wouldn't have done the same is stupid because I saw Luis foul many a defender chasing them down last year, it's as they say a forward's tackle.

Was made up with his attitude mate, kept his head down and ignored the F***ing wind ups.
      As you point out he did have some lovely touches and was unfortunate when his shot was blocked and Raheem rifled it.
      The defender didn't know much about it but it looked goal-bound.
      Looking forward to Studge coming back and them forming a deadly duo.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #220: Sep 21, 2014 08:18:37 pm
      We need to judge him on the goals he scores not on what a great lad or character he is.His job is to score lots of goals.

I think he will mate, but also believe he is being sorely let down by his midfield at the moment who simply aren't giving him any opportunities.

Was made up with his attitude mate, kept his head down and ignored the f**king wind ups.
      As you point out he did have some lovely touches and was unfortunate when his shot was blocked and Raheem rifled it.
      The defender didn't know much about it but it looked goal-bound.
      Looking forward to Studge coming back and them forming a deadly duo.

Me too fella, they looked a treat together and was the reason I wanted Borini to start, nothing really to do with Borini other than the fact he could provide support for Mario. Unfortunately not even the great movement from Borini nor the good work from Balotelli could get much out of our side on the weekend. We had nobody willing to even get close to our strikers let alone run past them. Chelsea and City game was a fine example from City of what we're lacking, every attack they had overlaps from midfielders not just wing-backs, most attacks they had someone other than their strikers bursting into the box. They were very unlucky to not win that game and Chelsea really did dodge a bullet, even down to 10 men City were the more creative force.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #221: Sep 21, 2014 08:56:59 pm
      Great replacement for the sh*te that is Borini.
      But replacement for Suarez? What the F**k was Foureyes Johnny smoking? Probably skunk rolled in 1000 dollar bills he got from the transfer fee.

Really sad to see the spectacle yesterday. I like Mario. He never claimed to be filling Luis's shoes. And its not far by the management to force players like Balotelli and Sterling to fill the void thats wider than the Mersey. Time for them to pull their fingers out of their arses and show the fans some respect with a proper replacement.

StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #222: Sep 22, 2014 07:53:39 am
      Why can't he start thinking about himself? Another media storm for that useless tweet.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #223: Sep 22, 2014 08:36:53 am
      Police probe Balotelli racist abuse
      Merseyside police say they are investigating racist abuse on Twitter directed at Mario Balotelli.
      The Italian received the abuse for tweeting 'Man Utd....;D' during their shock 5-3 defeat at the hands of Leicester City.
      A number of accounts that sent the abuse have since been closed down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302216

Why can't he start thinking about himself? Another media storm for that useless tweet.

A swivel-eyed remark considering the context, do you think the racist abuse tweeted to him were jibes about him being Italian?
      Or do you think they were ''useless tweets'' about his actual race?

Racist chants are commonplace at Old Twatford and it follows that the dickheads responsible have no reservation in putting their views on a social media site, a disgrace to themselves and their club.
      To say nothing of it being against the law of course.

Redangel

• 8,309 posts | 1004 
      Reply #224: Sep 22, 2014 08:36:59 am

I think that's totally unfair. It's called banter, all he tweeted was 'Man Utd ;D', hardly the crime of the century! There was absolutely no need to racially abuse him, perhaps if they stop their incessant singing of ' are you watching Merseyside', even when they are getting stuffed and are below us, they may not get so much derision.
      Sad fans of a sad club!

StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #225: Sep 22, 2014 08:46:22 am
      I hate racism and people who use racism to abuse someone. I said by the point of view of a Liverpool fan, that he could have avoided that tweet since we are not so better than them in this moment of the season. By now, when Balotelli says "a", all the world looks at him, so think 2 times before write anything
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #226: Sep 22, 2014 08:59:25 am
      Police probe Balotelli racist abuse
      Merseyside police say they are investigating racist abuse on Twitter directed at Mario Balotelli.
      The Italian received the abuse for tweeting 'Man Utd....;D' during their shock 5-3 defeat at the hands of Leicester City.
      A number of accounts that sent the abuse have since been closed down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302216

A swivel-eyed remark considering the context, do you think the racist abuse tweeted to him were jibes about him being Italian?
      Or do you think they were ''useless tweets'' about his actual race?

Racist chants are commonplace at Old Twatford and it follows that the dickheads responsible have no reservation in putting their views on a social media site, a disgrace to themselves and their club.
      To say nothing of it being against the law of course.

Exactly mate, Balotelli can write Man Utd... ;D all he wants. Everyone was laughing at them, if we end up being the joke at the end of the season then queue some of their players rubbing his nose in it, it was banter, something that is very healthy among rivals.

Nobody with a rational view on things will have any problem with Balotelli's words and trying to turn this on him is wrong in the extreme, thankfully those who tweeted it more than likely did it from an easily traced account so they're likely easily prosecuted too.

I will say this though, I personally don't see the use of the word monkey racist, in the context it was used there's no doubt that it was meant that way, but if we're to believe in evolution, which I think you'd be a fool not to then we all evolved from monkeys no matter your orientation so it's more a primative slur than racial but hey I hope they get what's coming to them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #227: Sep 22, 2014 09:20:27 am
      Exactly mate, Balotelli can write Man Utd... ;D all he wants. Everyone was laughing at them, if we end up being the joke at the end of the season then queue some of their players rubbing his nose in it, it was banter, something that is very healthy among rivals.

Nobody with a rational view on things will have any problem with Balotelli's words and trying to turn this on him is wrong in the extreme, thankfully those who tweeted it more than likely did it from an easily traced account so they're likely easily prosecuted too.

I will say this though, I personally don't see the use of the word monkey racist, in the context it was used there's no doubt that it was meant that way, but if we're to believe in evolution, which I think you'd be a fool not to then we all evolved from monkeys no matter your orientation so it's more a primative slur than racial but hey I hope they get what's coming to them.

It's a question of interpretation bud, with all this PC bollox the language has been turned on it's head.
      Obviously directing the word at a black man is offensive and would entail you getting knocked out in the normal course of events, in that context.
      At the other end of the scale are we to remove the word monkey from the Oxford-English dictionary?

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #228: Sep 22, 2014 11:34:46 am
      Read through the mancs thread on their defeat yesterday. Tbf, when someone brought up Mario's tweet and the nasty comments that followed, most of them in there were saying their fans were dickheads for that and Mario was only having a bit of banter.
      Seen our fans do some stupid sh*t too. Their fans are more retarded though, that's not in doubt.
      How do I come to that conclusion?
      Well, no matter what game or unrelated incident happens, they will always find a way to bring Liverpool into the topic.
       Obsessed and arrogant.
      Sad tw*ts really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #229: Sep 22, 2014 01:26:17 pm

F**k off, troll.

Quick Reply