Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The "positives from the last match" thread

Read 16055 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: The "positives from the last match" thread
      Reply #92: Sep 21, 2014 07:03:31 pm
      Hard to take too many positives from this game, but I thought Sterling showed that he is quickly becoming a top player and Lallana showed that he can cope better than I expected with the physical side of the game. Other than that I suppose we are one game closer to the return of Sturridge.

Things can only get better ..... hopefully! 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #93: Sep 21, 2014 07:29:07 pm
      The main positive I can take is that despite us being utter sh!te so far this season, aside from Chelsea we aren't really very far at all behind the teams who will end up being our rivals. If you'd said to me for instance that we'd be a point ahead of the Mancs after five matches given our start, I'd have bitten your hand off. Equally right with Spurs and Everton, while only just being behind City and Arsenal. My guess is this season the two who played today will fight it out for the title, but we are by no means adrift of everyone esle which is incredible really considering how we're playing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #94: Sep 21, 2014 08:59:06 pm
      The main positive I can take is that despite us being utter sh!te so far this season, aside from Chelsea we aren't really very far at all behind the teams who will end up being our rivals. If you'd said to me for instance that we'd be a point ahead of the Mancs after five matches given our start, I'd have bitten your hand off. Equally right with Spurs and Everton, while only just being behind City and Arsenal. My guess is this season the two who played today will fight it out for the title, but we are by no means adrift of everyone esle which is incredible really considering how we're playing.

Was thinking the same meself mate, last season I spent the whole year watching out for manc and Spurs results and it will be the same again this year with the bitters thrown in for good measure. It's all about top 4 once again. Consolidate our place in the Champions League and continue to build form there.

Positives from yesterday's game was the continued performance of Sterling and a fitter sharper looking Adam Lallana who now looks like he is approaching match fitness.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #95: Sep 22, 2014 02:43:28 am
      We are still only 2 points behind Man City and 3 behind Arsenal.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #96: Sep 22, 2014 09:08:51 am
      Llallana again looked lively.

Lucas confirmed to BR that he should never be near the first 11 again unless we have no other option.

BR saw what was not working and changed it at half time.

That's it.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #97: Sep 22, 2014 09:00:47 pm
      So positives were Raheem Sterling, Raheem Sterling and Raheem Sterling.

He's playing like the onus is on him, which shows his maturity, but I hope it doesn't change his perspective on us. He has to remain a humble character.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #98: Sep 22, 2014 09:17:59 pm
      After all these years and signings, we revert to having lucas F***ing leiva in the starting lineup
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #99: Sep 22, 2014 10:17:09 pm
      After all these years and signings, we revert to having lucas F***ing leiva in the starting lineup

Stop crying you moaning tw*t, wish some players would try the same way Lucas tries.

Lucas has always gave his all for our club.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #100: Sep 22, 2014 10:38:23 pm
      After all these years and signings, we revert to having lucas f**king leiva in the starting lineup

He's still solid in the tackle and gets stuck in.
      He still has a great eye for a pass.
      He's passionate and an experienced senior in the squad..
      we'll need him come Saturday..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #101: Sep 22, 2014 10:49:19 pm
      In reply to the thread title.. The only positives we can take is that we we're turned over big time..and that we should treat that
      performance as a "Enough is Enough"..
      We have to be better against Everton.. piss about and let them come on to us and they will punish us.. Martinez will set them up to attack, no question and we have to be a lot more solid in not only winning the first ball but being first to those knock downs and loose balls that ping about early on..
      On a lighter note , I didn't hear any football talk out of the Mancs I bumped in to today or the couple of bitters i met.. That was Positive !!
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #102: Sep 22, 2014 11:46:37 pm
      I think Balotellis work rate was a big positive.

He's clumsy in the challenge, but he tried really hard. Ran around a lot and didn't lose his temper even though the opposing players were bok naais (Google translate = buck shaggers)

Also the take down and shot before Sterling's goal showed fantastic technique
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #103: Sep 23, 2014 12:45:19 am
      Seriously, if anyone thinks there were any positives from that game, then they're deluded. I know my memory is terrible, but I can't recall a worse performance in recent history other than when we lost to Northampton under "Woy". That's low by anyone's standards.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #104: Sep 23, 2014 12:31:06 pm
      Seriously, if anyone thinks there were any positives from that game, then they're deluded. I know my memory is terrible, but I can't recall a worse performance in recent history other than when we lost to Northampton under "Woy". That's low by anyone's standards.

Try any F***ing game under Hodgson more like.

The west Ham game wasn't as bad as being embarrassed at Goodison and then have the F***ing owl tell us we were the better team, not even F***ing close.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #105: Sep 23, 2014 10:41:38 pm
      We take penalties well?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #106: Sep 23, 2014 10:45:43 pm
      Lallana

Suso getting a run and scoring

Were boss at penos and that might come in handy down the road in Europe  8)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #107: Sep 23, 2014 10:56:16 pm
      We've got penalties F***ing nailed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #108: Sep 23, 2014 10:56:47 pm

Big positive when you think how bad we were a couple of seasons ago at them. Adam missed a couple, Carroll missed, Downing missed, Kuyt missed a couple, Suarez missed a couple. Think only Gerrard scored from the spot that season other than the shoot-out in the final.

Big strides. Next lesson will be defending...hopefully.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #109: Sep 23, 2014 10:57:38 pm
      Big positive when you think how bad we were a couple of seasons ago at them. Adam missed a couple, Carroll missed, Downing missed, Kuyt missed a couple, Suarez missed a couple. Think only Gerrard scored from the spot that season other than the shoot-out in the final.

Big strides. Next lesson will be defending...hopefully.

Jesus. I hope we don't have to wait as long as it took to turn around the penalty taking.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #110: Sep 23, 2014 10:59:18 pm
      we are in the hat for round 4 I guess that is all that matters.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #111: Sep 23, 2014 11:00:19 pm
      Jesus. I hope we don't have to wait as long as it took to turn around the penalty taking.

Hey hey, I didn't say it would be an overnight thing. I'd like to think it will be very soon we see improvements but it seems we are trying to nail football tennis first. Toure had the right idea when he hoofed the ball up pitch in the first half, would have cleared the net no problem ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #112: Sep 23, 2014 11:05:06 pm
      Hey hey, I didn't say it would be an overnight thing. I'd like to think it will be very soon we see improvements but it seems we are trying to nail football tennis first. Toure had the right idea when he hoofed the ball up pitch in the first half, would have cleared the net no problem ;)

So back to hoof ball then.
      F**k.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #113: Sep 23, 2014 11:10:06 pm

You know it ;)

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #114: Sep 24, 2014 04:28:02 pm
      Manquillo, always makes himself available and was more of a threat than Markovic down the right.

Lucas, a good player but a great squad member.

Lallana & Sterling looked good though both, at times, tried to beat one player too many when they should have laid it off.

Quick Reply