Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Martin Sktrel is bad

Read 1216 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,533 posts | 723 
      Martin Sktrel is bad
      Aug 27, 2014 05:21:04 am
      And he makes everyone around him seem worse.

I know people are on the 'I hate Glen Johnson' train right now, but my god Skrtel has been really bad and is getting away with it unscathed.

Perhaps its been masked by the good season he had in 2012 or the goals he chipped in with last season.

But it seems nobody wants to come out and flat out admit it, Martin Skrtel has been terrible!

When you consider the likes of Agger being pushed out the door unceremoniously I really have to wonder.

Skrtel is a player with 8 years of Prem League experience. But it seems every time we concede its like he doesn't do the basics or leading the defense to do the basics as the senior member of the back line. While he's physically imposing, he seems to lack leadership as well as positional awareness. His reading of danger signs and where the oppositions play is going leaves a lot to be desired. Actually no, its terrible.

So why does Rodgers stick with him? Do i just not get it? Is there other stuff he does that i dont see? Will Skrtel get better after 8 years at a top club already? Is Agger that bad?

Fill me in like Craig David
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Martin Sktrel is bad
      Reply #1: Aug 27, 2014 05:40:59 am
      The player in mention does have his own thread and has now for many a year.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2014 06:26:05 am by AZPatriot »
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Aug 27, 2014 07:41:21 am
      When you use the word "bad" in the OP it just reminds me of Mr Mackey
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2014 07:57:13 am
      The player in mention does have his own thread and has now for many a year.

Exactly.

Locked.

Quick Reply