Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Tottenham vs Liverpool: Sunday, 13:30 BST

Read 12272 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Tottenham vs Liverpool: Sunday, 13:30 BST
      Aug 27, 2014 05:26:14 pm
      Tottenham Hotspurs vs Liverpool

After a disappointing result against the league Champions on Monday, the boys in red will be looking to get back on track and give us redmen something to sing about. Manchester City away was always going to be a difficult affair this early on in the season, and was indeed a difficult fixture for many to call. Although our performances were not quite to the same standard in that corresponding fixture, it was understandable given all the new faces that have come into the team.

Sunday will see us travel to North London to face a new-look Tottenham Hotspurs who are now managed by the all impressive Maurichio Pochettino. This fixture last season was one for Tottenham to forget having been humiliated in a 5-0 thrashing. Tottenham have won their first two fixtures of the season, scoring an impressive five goals and conceding zero. They are currently sitting atop of the table and are looking like a team with big ambitions. The question is, can our redmen push up a gear and derail Pochettino's men this Sunday? Only time will tell.

Corresponding fixture: Tottenham 0 - 5 Liverpool
      Last met: Liverpool 4 - 0 Tottenham

Tottenham player to watch out for: Eric Lamela - rejuvenated under Pochettino and could well prove to be the real deal.

Liverpool player to watch out for: Mario Balotelli - has talent in abundance but rarely expressed it due to his poor attitude. He know's this is his last chance and he will be out there with a point to prove.

For travelling supporters, there is much to do in the City of London. The capital offers almost everything and speaks for itself.

Covent Garden

Oxford Street for shopping

Portobello Market for some quirkiness.

Enjoy Redmen! YNWA!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Tottenham vs Liverpool: Sunday, 13:30 BST
      Reply #1: Aug 27, 2014 05:41:48 pm
      Growing up Spurs were a side I liked to watch. Always wanted to see them do well when not playing us. Recently I've taken a mega fooking dislike to them. The fans are  pr*cks and they now think they are a big player on the scene

No reason we cant tw*t them again like last season. They will be on a high 2 from 2 well lets burst that bubble big time Sunday. If we play like we did the first 30 against city with more bite up front well carve them up.

Stick situation with full backs and injuries at the moment. If were sticking with 4 at the back for Sunday the only options I see (is McLaughlin gone on loan) is Sterling back to right full. And if not sold by then Robinson at left full with Agger the other option.

Mignolet Sterling Skrtel Lovern Robinson: Hendo Stevie Allen: Mario Rickie Sturridge

Or 3 4 1 2

Mignolet Skrtel Sakho Lovern: Raheem Hendo Allen Markovic: Coutinho: Sturridge Lambert.

The only doubt there would be Markovic willingness to track back or help out when needed as we have no full backs. And Id start Rickie in a 2 man as he has done well in his 2 appearances there so far and that would kleave us with a super option to bring in when the game has opened out

1-3 redmen
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2805 
      Reply #2: Aug 27, 2014 05:46:28 pm
      Stick situation with full backs and injuries at the moment. If were sticking with 4 at the back for Sunday the only options I see (is McLaughlin gone on loan) is Sterling back to right full. And if not sold by then Robinson at left full with Agger the other option.

Manquillo will probably play right back mate. Enrique trained today but no idea if he'll be fit. Also no Skrtel today so possibly a chance for Sakho to come in.

Lallana would have completed a week of training by the time this one comes around, not sure if that will be enough to get him a start but a diamond of Gerrard, Hendo, Lallana and Sterling would put us in a great position to win this one. Balotelli and Sturridge up top obviously.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2014 05:49:00 pm
      Manquillo will probably play right back mate. Enrique trained today but no idea if he'll be fit. Also no Skrtel today so possibly a chance for Sakho to come in.

Lallana would have completed a week of training by the time this one comes around, not sure if that will be enough to get him a start but a diamond of Gerrard, Hendo, Lallana and Sterling would put us in a great position to win this one. Balotelli and Sturridge up top obviously.

What's word on Moreno?

Manquillo, Sakho, Lallana, Markovic and Balotelli all starting for this game would fill me with joy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4: Aug 27, 2014 05:58:27 pm
      Thanks for the guided tour CR. ;D

Spurs are a side that looks a tough game for us but one I expect us to win.

2-1.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2014 06:05:53 pm
      I would go:

Mignolet
      Manquillo  Skrtel  Lovren  Sakho
                        Gerrard
                 Hendo       Coutinho
                        Sterling
                 Balotelli   Sturridge

I'd play Sakho on the left as we haven't any fit LB's. It's not ideal, but just our run of bad luck in terms of injuries. Really unsure about the midfield on though. Do we start Joe Allen or Lazar Markovic instead of either Coutinho or Balotelli? Do we start Lambert who has played a part in 2/3 goals scored this season? The other option I had in mind was a front three of Sterling, Markovic and Sturridge, with a midfield three of Gerrard, Hendo and either Coutinho or Allen. I wouldn't want us to field too many new faces though, as it'd disrupt the cohesion of the team.

Lovren ought to be more assertive in this game. He obviously reads play well but his partner is letting him down. He needs to get at Skrtel like Carra once did. How many more times does Skrtel want to have an absolute brain fart? He needs to switch on and start anticipating things better, or risk getting dropped. I suppose this is why I prefer Agger over him.

We've got the players to beat Spurs.. it's just our early season structure that is slightly lacking. May not be a great game, but as long as we get the three points I will be happy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2014 06:10:02 pm
      So is this a pre-game thread or a travel guide for London?? I can't tell which one :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2014 06:17:16 pm
      Let's stuff the rejects for 5 again!! Sterling will rip them apart with his pace and we owe a team a slaughtering after our last performance.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2762 
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2014 06:31:16 pm

Jesus forgot about Manquillo completely!!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2014 06:54:29 pm
      What's the news on Moreno - desperate to see him start.

A bit raw on Monday but loads of promise.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2014 07:08:32 pm
      I reckon this is our best XI at the moment. Obviously it is dependent on the fitness of Moreno, Balotelli and Lallana and assumes Johnson is out:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2014 07:09:53 pm
      The Spurs lot don't have a decent word to say about our club or our city. they used to be a class act as Brian had mentioned but not any more I hope we turn them over once more.
      This is a picture of Tottenham's hot spot
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2014 07:14:48 pm
      I reckon this is our best XI at the moment. Obviously it is dependent on the fitness of Moreno, Balotelli and Lallana and assumes Johnson is out:

Throw Sakho in there for Skrtel.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2014 07:19:43 pm
      The Spurs lot don't have a decent word to say about our club or our city. they used to be a class act as Brian had mentioned but not any more I hope we turn them over once more.

Yep, true scumbags are the Spurs fans. Cannot stand them myself. Last season they were pleasantly quiet but when thing start going their way, they are as cocky as football fans get.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2014 07:22:08 pm
      Everyone seems certain that Balotelli will start? I'm not sure he will and that works for me, play a five man midfield against this lot. The will look to press our midfield and I'd rather go five on five. Sit Gerrard and Henderson with Coutinho in front and give Markovic his proper debut on the left. Mad Mario can get his minutes off the bench to begin with.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Aug 27, 2014 07:28:03 pm
      Yep, true scumbags are the Spurs fans. Cannot stand them myself. Last season they were pleasantly quiet but when thing start going their way, they are as cocky as football fans get.

they think they are a big club
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Aug 27, 2014 07:29:26 pm
      What's the news on Moreno - desperate to see him start.

A bit raw on Monday but loads of promise.

Was just a twisted ankle. I'd have thought that a few days rest would have been enough, he managed to play on quite well so I don't think it was anything serious.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Aug 27, 2014 07:33:57 pm
                            Mignolet

Manquillo    Lovren    Sakho     Enrique

Gerrard

Henderson       Allen

Sterling

Sturridge       Balotelli
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2805 
      Reply #18: Aug 27, 2014 07:58:49 pm
      For people asking, I think Moreno didn't train today either.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: Aug 27, 2014 08:37:28 pm

I think the sh*te from Spurs started when Sir Roger Hunt kept Jimmy Greaves out of the England team .I always liked the story  about Tommy Smith handing Jimmy Greaves a piece of paper before kick off at Anfield, Greaves said is this the team sheet, Tommy replied it is the menu for the Royal Hospital as that is where you will be eating for the next few days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #20: Aug 27, 2014 09:33:27 pm
      I think the sh*te from Spurs started when Sir Roger Hunt kept Jimmy Greaves out of the England team .I always liked the story  about Tommy Smith handing Jimmy Greaves a piece of paper before kick off at Anfield, Greaves said is this the team sheet, Tommy replied it is the menu for the Royal Hospital as that is where you will be eating for the next few days.

Haha remember that Billy and if the Anfield Iron informed you'd be eating hospital food quite soon it would worry anyone.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #21: Aug 27, 2014 09:45:51 pm
      If Moreno, Johnson, Enrique and Flanno are all out injured, could we perhaps see three at the back with Sterling and Manquillo as wing backs? I wouldn't fancy having Sakho or Agger against the pace of Lamela/Lennon/Townsend whoever it is.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2762 
      Reply #22: Aug 27, 2014 09:56:43 pm
      Mong fans, They'll be banging out the sign on chant and calling us dippers yet only 3 years ago they ran amok in riots destroying there own place. Shitehawks

Quick Reply