Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. man of the Match:

22 Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      19 Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      18 Moreno
      57 (36.5%)
      08 Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      06 Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      17 Sakho
      0 (0%)
      14 Henderson
      24 (15.4%)
      31 Sterling*
      69 (44.2%)
      45 Balotelli**
      0 (0%)
      15 Sturridge
      2 (1.3%)
      24 Allen***
      1 (0.6%)
      23 Can - 61'***
      0 (0%)
      50 Markovic - 61' **
      0 (0%)
      03 Jose Enrique - 86'*
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.

Read 25333 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.
      Reply #414: Aug 31, 2014 10:16:37 pm
      I'd love to be close to where we were last season as long as 'close' is 1 place higher than last season !
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #415: Aug 31, 2014 10:23:16 pm
      I'd love to be close to where we were last season as long as 'close' is 1 place higher than last season !
      :D Nice one mate ,
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #416: Aug 31, 2014 10:23:19 pm
      Good game. Spurs didn't know what hit them. Once we get the synergy right, we will be unstoppable.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #417: Aug 31, 2014 10:24:36 pm
      Missed the game today so hoping MOTD have some decent highlights on now.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #418: Aug 31, 2014 10:43:16 pm
      Moreno what a goal reminded me of john Arne riise in his attacking pomp :-)loved it ...pissed and happy F**k off spuds.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #419: Aug 31, 2014 10:49:33 pm
      Just heard Brad Friedel on motd describe LIverpool as "one of our competitors in the top 6" - what you smokin Brad!!??
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #420: Aug 31, 2014 10:50:54 pm
      Tottenham fan on their forum arguing that Pochettino beat Rodgers tactically today. I thought Jennifer Lawrence nudes was the most unexpected thing I was going to see tonight, clearly not.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #421: Aug 31, 2014 10:57:49 pm
      Have to say that Studge deserves a lot of credit for performance today, I thought he was outstanding and perhaps no coincidence it came with Mario taking some of the heat off of him
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #422: Aug 31, 2014 11:09:24 pm
      Have to say that Studge deserves a lot of credit for performance today, I thought he was outstanding and perhaps no coincidence it came with Mario taking some of the heat off of him

I thought he was excellent on the ball, but that was perhaps the laziest I have seen him for Liverpool off the ball, especially when it came to closing down.

I just hope he doesn't feel that with Balotelli rather than Suarez he no longer has to work so hard. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #423: Aug 31, 2014 11:09:59 pm
      Still got a buzz on from this afternoon. Great performance.

Like last season against Spurs, I had a lot of questions about us prior to the game and again we managed to answer them with some great football, a clean sheet and a great result.

I thought our midfield did great. We were outnumbered in midfield and yet we played through them with fast passes and made it look easy. Sterling and Henderson especially were terrific. 

Balotelli impressed me with his hold up play and once he is match fit I think we will see a few goals to go with a good performance.

Defensively Sakho gave me a few early nightmares, but he settled down and while I am still not his greatest fan did well enough.

Moreno ... what a great first goal for the club. He took off like the road runner before firing his shot "Owenesque" into the corner of the net.   

Absolutely delighted with the performance and the result.

The only downside was Sturridge. I thought he was lazy and he hasn't quite found his form yet. But it will come I am sure. 

A quick mention for Allen too who I thought was excellent today. 

Just reading that Sturridge was a down point s@int.

Na, not for me.

Great ball for first goal, superb cross for Balotelli of which Mario really should have scored, at least three really good efforts at goal and you're singling him out? Don't get that one mate but agree with the rest of the post.

Think Studge looked a lot more comfortable with an other striker and was able to find pockets of space easier whilst looking a little lighter due to a little weight being taken off his shoulders.

Shout for Hendo who I thought was very good with the dirty work and he was the one who orchestrated our first goal but he was nicking the ball all game.

I'd like us to give that back four a run out now as I think both Lovren and Sakho will improve with time and a settled back four will benefit Manquillo, Moreno and Mignolet. If we can get that foursome working as a solid unit it'll give us the solidity in defence that we craved last season.

Thought Manquillo got about his business well and wanted to win the ball high up and if Moreno didn't make up for his little mistake against City with the performance and goal then he definitely did with his celebration. We love all that.

Of course big shout to Raheem too and I said to a few mates at the start of the season (some of them blue) that he may well be our player of the season.

Mignolet made a decent save in the second half but may have come out quicker when Adebayour lobbed him and I remember him being indecisive in the first half when rushing out and conceding a corner. He done okay but he is still a while off making me believe that he is an obvious number one goalkeeper. I can't help think he'd look a lot less like our number one option if we had better competition than Brad Jones.

We got very lucky with the penalty decision but I'll have them all day. We get a lot of pens don't we?

Early days but I'm liking the look of us now with Allen providing some extra legs in midfield and Raheem doing his stuff from the tip of the diamond.

Good first eleven and a very useful bench. Onwards.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #424: Aug 31, 2014 11:12:34 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #425: Aug 31, 2014 11:23:12 pm
      Just reading that Sturridge was a down point s@int.

Na, not for me.

Great ball for first goal, superb cross for Balotelli of which Mario really should have scored, at least three really good efforts at goal and you're singling him out? Don't get that one mate but agree with the rest of the post.

Think Studge looked a lot more comfortable with an other striker and was able to find pockets of space easier whilst looking a little lighter due to a little weight being taken off his shoulders.

Shout for Hendo who I thought was very good with the dirty work and he was the one who orchestrated our first goal but he was nicking the ball all game.

I'd like us to give that back four a run out now as I think both Lovren and Sakho will improve with time and a settled back four will benefit Manquillo, Moreno and Mignolet. If we can get that foursome working as a solid unit it'll give us the solidity in defence that we craved last season.

Thought Manquillo got about his business well and wanted to win the ball high up and if Moreno didn't make up for his little mistake against City with the performance and goal then he definitely did with his celebration. We love all that.

Of course big shout to Raheem too and I said to a few mates at the start of the season (some of them blue) that he may well be our player of the season.

Mignolet made a decent save in the second half but may have come out quicker when Adebayour lobbed him and I remember him being indecisive in the first half when rushing out and conceding a corner. He done okay but he is still a while off making me believe that he is an obvious number one goalkeeper. I can't help think he'd look a lot less like our number one option if we had better competition than Brad Jones.

We got very lucky with the penalty decision but I'll have them all day. We get a lot of pens don't we?

Early days but I'm liking the look of us now with Allen providing some extra legs in midfield and Raheem doing his stuff from the tip of the diamond.

Good first eleven and a very useful bench. Onwards.

I think it was more off the ball where Sturridge disappointed me mate, although once we were a couple of goals up I think he was looking for his goal rather than the team scoring more.

I think he looks much better with a partner as it enables him to use the width of the pitch rather than having to stay more central when playing as the lone striker.

I thought he could have worked much harder closing down when we didn't have the ball.
      condenado
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #426: Aug 31, 2014 11:34:55 pm
      Hi again...

I really liked the team today...Super is gonna start  score soon and then "we're gonna win the league...."

Absolutely amazing Sterling... I think that that guy is only 20 and i get crazy, all the future on his legs

I also liked Alberto today, not only for the goal but his all performance

Generally team's and Rodger's performance was amazing....

Tottenham had 1 on target shoot at 70th this shows more things.

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #427: Aug 31, 2014 11:59:34 pm
      What a performance that was, enjoyed it from the first minute to the last. Absolutely buzzing.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #428: Sep 01, 2014 12:05:11 am
      Tottenham fan on their forum arguing that Pochettino beat Rodgers tactically today. I thought Jennifer Lawrence nudes was the most unexpected thing I was going to see tonight, clearly not.
      Well... that's me got that out of my system.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #429: Sep 01, 2014 12:11:37 am
      That was a very convincing and comfortable win by the lads and Brendan.

Spurs proper real test and it showed just how far they really are.

Chuffed for some of our young lads Moreno and Manquilo as well as Mario some brilliant performances.

Only issue for me was Sakho looked far too uncomfortable in posession and gave away a number of blatant passses, saved his blushes by Lovren on a few occassions. His timing was off to but I am hoping it was all nerves as he is looking to cement his place now with Martin's injury keeping him out.

Lovren didn't always look convincing but he was shifted to his least favourite side to accomodate for Sakho. Sterling was brilliant and Coutinho will now have a hard time slotting in with Lallana coming back into the fold.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #430: Sep 01, 2014 12:26:06 am
      thats a great link vsterling, thanks
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #431: Sep 01, 2014 01:39:47 am

Agreed. Had an excellent game, had someone up top with him, and has someone to keep him on his toes.

Get the fvck in, great result!

Man of match: Sterling.

Moreno, looks a proper boss little player, lovely goal.

Sahko/Lovren, suspect IMO. Time needed to settle.

Manquillo, Henderson, Gerrard all had very good games.

Very F***ing happy!

Wooooooooooohooooooooooo ooo
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #432: Sep 01, 2014 07:01:49 am

T'was a very good day.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #433: Sep 01, 2014 07:26:45 am

Well if Pochetino beat Rodgers tactiacally and he got beaten and smashed 3-0 (and could conceded more
       Imagine what will happen if  Pochetino gets it wrong

YNWA
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #434: Sep 01, 2014 08:00:59 am
      Well done lads! Well done BR! Good game approach and handling and above all, right last match's bad result management.

Made them seem a local club! No perfomance gaps esp in the first part of the second half and last year's downsides looked as though being under repairing.

Just keep it up!
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2014 08:54:48 am by nikos »
      dorottee
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #435: Sep 01, 2014 08:25:24 am
      I agree that Sterling , Henderson , Moreno is in a excellent form in this match

But this match I also appreciated by Joe Allen
      I think this Welshman was is a good form too
      His run , his pressing was good

Especially he was brave enough to commit a wise foul on Erik Lamela at the half of pitch in first half when we lead 1-0
      I thought that was a wise and crucial foul because Lamela was looking to go forward facing a few of our defenders and Adebayor was in up front

Since Lucas was out of form by injury , we never see any wise foul to break opponent's game or tempo
      We need our midfield to commit a wise foul to break opponent's counter-attack or sometimes to break momentum of the game

Gerrard also can did this when he was younger
      Henderson is not commit a foul often
      Joe Allen can did it but he need to improve his strength a little bit or maybe he will get too many yellow cards

I think Emre Can has a hard work to get into starting line-up in our midfield now
      But I take this is a positive sign
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #436: Sep 01, 2014 09:02:05 am
      Absolutely lovely game, team performance; spot on, Sterling motm thanks Liverpool, hungover... I'm out.

Quick Reply