Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Transfer deadline day September 2014

Read 23045 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other teams)
      Reply #69: Sep 01, 2014 01:31:55 pm
      The might Mo Diame heading to Hull for £3.5 mill. We missed out there lads  :P

sh*t Fed is going to go ballistic........

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #70: Sep 01, 2014 01:32:11 pm
      And plenty in the kitty for a a January raid on Reus?

Metro are saying that Arsenal are trying to make a £40m bid for him trying to attract him . I think we should put a bid and see what happens
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #71: Sep 01, 2014 01:36:44 pm
      I can't imagine Man utd team in FIFA 15  ;D falcao and Rooney and persie and di Maria  ;D sadly the real world isn't FIFA and they won't make the top 4  :lmao:

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #72: Sep 01, 2014 01:37:02 pm
      Metro are saying that Arsenal are trying to make a £40m bid for him trying to attract him . I think we should put a bid and see what happens

Because he is exactly the answer to their problems. Hopefully he has some sense unlike Alexis and Mesut
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #73: Sep 01, 2014 01:37:24 pm

You don't think everyone has asked already? Metro don't know their arse from their elbows.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: Sep 01, 2014 01:37:44 pm
      I can't imagine Man utd team in FIFA 15  ;D falcao and Rooney and persie and di Maria  ;D sadly the real world isn't FIFA and they won't make the top 4  :lmao:

I imagine there are some Arsenal fans you don't quite share your enthusiasm for this scenario.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #75: Sep 01, 2014 01:38:03 pm
      Because he is exactly the answer to their problems. Hopefully he has some sense unlike Alexis and Mesut
      Sarcasm? Sorry can't tell.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Sep 01, 2014 01:40:24 pm
      Have to laugh at utd buying all this quality for 200m and still wont play decent footie, when all they had to do was buy Rodgers for 200m...

God for bid.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #77: Sep 01, 2014 01:41:13 pm

Or are you the one being sarcastic? >:D

Absolutely. Reus isn't what they need.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #78: Sep 01, 2014 01:47:58 pm
      Bony is heading so arsenal will likely go for him , Swansea wants £24m  :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: Sep 01, 2014 01:48:02 pm
      Presumably the mancs did some sort of deal with Madrid. Loaning them Hernandez so they could loan Falcao from Monaco ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #80: Sep 01, 2014 01:50:35 pm
      Presumably the mancs did some sort of deal with Madrid. Loaning them Hernandez so they could loan Falcao from Monaco ?

United will rehab him for a year before he moves to Madrid  :lmao:

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #81: Sep 01, 2014 01:52:07 pm

I agree they need a proper striker with pace someone like sturridge (in your dreams arsenal) , snago doesnt deserve to play for them he's sh*te and even I don't rate giroud that much , to sum up they need a world class striker and wenger is a dumb ass they should be all over after falcao cause they need him more .
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #82: Sep 01, 2014 01:56:00 pm
      United will rehab him for a year before he moves to Madrid  :lmao:

That's the thing with most Latin players is they come they develop and then they run away to Spain and the obvious excuse  is my wife isn't happy in England
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #83: Sep 01, 2014 02:07:15 pm
      Dont think Arsenal are in for Reus. FFS their team is full of midfielders. Shame We're not trying to sign this lad. Whe would fit in straight away and score at least 15 goals for us with plenty of assists...
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #84: Sep 01, 2014 02:07:26 pm
      Lots of man u fans think the negative comments about their new players are out of jealousy. If they had signed Hummels and Vidal there would have been genuine concerns about the force they could be. However whether they play 352 or a flat back 4 even with their signings their defence and midfield (not attacking midfield) look suspect. Evans has been appalling and Jones and Smalling have not progressed. Herrera looked lightweight against Swansea although he may come good. Not sure about Blind yet but there are a number of concerns about his ability to integrate into a physical league. Mata is playing pretty badly, and RVP and Rooney does not work. Rafael was poor last year and Shaw has already been criticised by LVG and Hodgson. Falcao may or may not discover his form after an ACL. If Indeed RVP is injured;

De Gea
      Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
      Herrera Blind
      Januzaj Rooney Di Maria
      Falcao

is the best 11 but it's still a team you can get at.

if he persists with 352
      De Gea
      Rafael Smalling Jones Rojo Shaw
      Herrera Blind Di Maria
      Rooney Falcao

is nowhere near as good as Shaw is not a wing back and Rafael who is poor will be asked to do even more with little protection.

Time will tell if Di Maria and Falcao integrate but Man U were really really bad against Burnley
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #85: Sep 01, 2014 02:08:20 pm

I'm never sarcastic
      Agreed. They are well stocked in the attacking midfield area and woefully lacking in a striker. We are pretty damn well stocked there too.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #86: Sep 01, 2014 02:09:11 pm
      Manure team set up

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #87: Sep 01, 2014 02:09:55 pm
      Lots of man u fans think the negative comments about their new players are out of jealousy. If they had signed Hummels and Vidal there would have been genuine concerns about the force they could be. However whether they play 352 or a flat back 4 even with their signings their defence and midfield (not attacking midfield) look suspect. Evans has been appalling and Jones and Smalling have not progressed. Herrera looked lightweight against Swansea although he may come good. Not sure about Blind yet but there are a number of concerns about his ability to integrate into a physical league. Mata is playing pretty badly, and RVP and Rooney does not work. Rafael was poor last year and Shaw has already been criticised by LVG and Hodgson. Falcao may or may not discover his form after an ACL. If Indeed RVP is injured;

De Gea
      Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
      Herrera Blind
      Januzaj Rooney Di Maria
      Falcao

is the best 11 but it's still a team you can get at.

if he persists with 352
      De Gea
      Rafael Smalling Jones Rojo Shaw
      Herrera Blind Di Maria
      Rooney Falcao

is nowhere near as good as Shaw is not a wing back and Rafael who is poor will be asked to do even more with little protection.

Time will tell if Di Maria and Falcao integrate but Man U were really really bad against Burnley

Prediction: Rojo won't be in their starting line-up at the end of the year. He is a F***ing liability. And not that great a CB beyond that anyway.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #88: Sep 01, 2014 04:04:46 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! €20M Euros for the season? United weren't lacking in attacking talent. It's their defence that needed attention. I'm quite happy for them to have absolutely no solidarity at the back! Completely baffled, but delighted at the same time. Be my F***ing guest! :D

On a more important note. Delighted with our window. Quality added, depth added, a solid window for us. Hopefully get that competition for Migs in too :)
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #89: Sep 01, 2014 04:21:23 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! €20M Euros for the season? United weren't lacking in attacking talent. It's their defence that needed attention. I'm quite happy for them to have absolutely no solidarity at the back! Completely baffled, but delighted at the same time. Be my f**king guest! :D

On a more important note. Delighted with our window. Quality added, depth added, a solid window for us. Hopefully get that competition for Migs in too :)

It is not their most pressing issue but they certainly have difficulty finding the net as well. Their problem, IMO, is a lack of fluidity. With a front three of Rooney, RVP and Falcao, I genuinely cannot see too much improvement. What stands out to me is their lack of pace in attack. The lack movement off the ball has also hurt them. Can you coach an old dog new tricks? AFAIK, in this era of football, they are old dogs. Them getting Falcao does not concern me.

They need to ping the ball about more and look for that run in behind the defence. Right now they don't do this. They pass the ball slowly out to the wings and then have the ball crossed into the box. Even Di Maria was guilty of this against Burnley. It is predictable 1990 style of football.

IMO they should drop a number of players who are currently holding them back. Van Persie should be dropped as should one of Rooney or Mata (they are too similar). They ought to keep Welbeck as he's their only striker with pace. They should maybe even try Shaw at RB and see how that works out.

De Gea
           Shaw  Jones  Rojo  Blind
                       Herrera
                Fletcher    Mata
           Januzai  Falcao  DiMaria

Rooney is the kind of player who gets on the score sheet every now and then, but totally disrupts their style of play. Same goes for that old Robin Van sh*te.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #90: Sep 01, 2014 04:25:16 pm
      Wtf am I reading, I don't get why people are suggesting what United should do to improve, why would you even contemplate such sh*t.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #91: Sep 01, 2014 04:33:33 pm
      It is not their most pressing issue but they certainly have difficulty finding the net as well. Their problem, IMO, is a lack of fluidity. With a front three of Rooney, RVP and Falcao, I genuinely cannot see too much improvement. What stands out to me is their lack of pace in attack. The lack movement off the ball has also hurt them. Can you coach an old dog new tricks? AFAIK, in this era of football, they are old dogs. Them getting Falcao does not concern me.

They need to ping the ball about more and look for that run in behind the defence. Right now they don't do this. They pass the ball slowly out to the wings and then have the ball crossed into the box. Even Di Maria was guilty of this against Burnley. It is predictable 1990 style of football.

IMO they should drop a number of players who are currently holding them back. Van Persie should be dropped as should one of Rooney or Mata (they are too similar). They ought to keep Welbeck as he's their only striker with pace. They should maybe even try Shaw at RB and see how that works out.

De Gea
           Shaw  Jones  Rojo  Blind
                       Herrera
                Fletcher    Mata
           Januzai  Falcao  DiMaria

Rooney is the kind of player who gets on the score sheet every now and then, but totally disrupts their style of play. Same goes for that old Robin Van Sh*te.

If they put Shaw in at RB I will laugh. Useless to sign him for 30M if your plan is to play him on the right side. To be honest that is a really weak back 4 and midfield, for a "top club".

Quick Reply