Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Transfer deadline day September 2014

Read 22754 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other teams)
      Reply #161: Sep 01, 2014 07:22:19 pm
      Why are people upset that Falcao is going to united? They have good strikers already and it doesn't do them any f**king good. We got the better option anyway - much younger - with great potential, rather old with injuries who likely won't ever live up to his billing.

This will send United the way of Leeds.

I agree. Put it this way - in a high intense pressing game like ours, would you want your strikers to be young, fit and feisty and around 24-25, or all slow and sluggish and crocked at 29-30?

I know which one I prefer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #162: Sep 01, 2014 07:25:57 pm
      Palace fans getting excited about Zeki Fryers :lmao:

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #163: Sep 01, 2014 07:25:58 pm
      If were talking about his apparent move to AC Milan then what possible good could it do him? Can't do him any more good than playing in La Liga last season where he impressed. Serie A is a downgrade for the lad, if he isn't getting game time here and we want to give him experience, find a PL club who want him.
      No we're talking about keep suso, and loaning Coates...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #164: Sep 01, 2014 07:26:13 pm
      I don't think you read what I wrote, mate...

Its Ok mate , we are both on the same line of thinking  there , looks like  a panic signing for the scums

YNWA
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #165: Sep 01, 2014 07:29:11 pm
      No we're talking about keep suso, and loaning Coates...

:D sorry mate.

In that case i am for it as you can tell as id like Suso to get first hand pl experience. Same with Coates it will be good to see, however not sure how beneficial because look at Borini in my eyes he had a beneficial loan spell but his still not wanted.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #166: Sep 01, 2014 07:30:38 pm
      If were talking about his apparent move to AC Milan then what possible good could it do him? Can't do him any more good than playing in La Liga last season where he impressed. Serie A is a downgrade for the lad, if he isn't getting game time here and we want to give him experience, find a PL club who want him.

what is strange in the suso issue is that he has 1 year left on his contract , and loaning him for one year , and when the year passes he is free ,is somehow strange,,,for me, ( if I am not missing something)

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #167: Sep 01, 2014 07:31:19 pm
      Arsenal have 'categorically' denied that there is a move for Welbeck on the table and he hasn't had a medical at any point.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #168: Sep 01, 2014 07:34:29 pm
      Really gutted to see big Coates going to Sunderland but perhaps he can be a big impact player there and come back next season. I was hoping he might force some playing time here I really was.
      Maybe "gutted" isn't the right word for me Scotty but I am "surprised". From a point where we had plenty of cover, at centre-half [Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel, Agger, Kolo, Kelly, Ilori  & Coates], we are now looking at Lovren, Sakho, Kolo & Skrtel.

Maybe that'll be enough; I certainly hope so but to my mind it reads a bit 'thin'.  :-\

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #169: Sep 01, 2014 07:38:06 pm
      Arsenal have 'categorically' denied that there is a move for Welbeck on the table and he hasn't had a medical at any point.

For me it doesn't matter if they get Welbeck or not. I think he is an absolute sh*t player. If they think he can lead their line then all I can do is laugh, laugh, and laugh some more. Decent backup at best.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #170: Sep 01, 2014 07:42:05 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  44 secs
      Looks like #LFC duo Lucas Leiva and Suso will be staying put. Nothing moving with either of them currently.

Two more players for our Domestic Cup squad ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #171: Sep 01, 2014 07:42:40 pm
      Now though, I think we'd be sorely mistaken to think that with Rojo and Blind thrown into a side that has a front four of Rooney, Falcao, Van Persie and Di Maria doesn't make them a totally different proposition no matter how much we splutter and chuckle at panic buying and inflated prices.
      Sadly, I have to agree Wahs. 

Chuckle at the prices? Yes, although I don't agree, I can see how some would do that but... I can't see how anyone could laugh at the quality of player they've signed. Isn't that [quality/ability] all that matters? Maybe it's 'nervous' laughter? 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #172: Sep 01, 2014 07:46:24 pm
      Maybe "gutted" isn't the right word for me Scotty but I am "surprised". From a point where we had plenty of cover, at centre-half [Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel, Agger, Kolo, Kelly, Ilori  & Coates], we are now looking at Lovren, Sakho, Kolo & Skrtel.

Maybe that'll be enough; I certainly hope so but to my mind it reads a bit 'thin'.  :-\

Thinking about it, it does leave us quite thin, are there any upcoming CB's in our reserves or younger teams who may be worth giving a chance?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #173: Sep 01, 2014 07:51:03 pm
      Thinking about it, it does leave us quite thin, are there any upcoming CB's in our reserves or younger teams who may be worth giving a chance?

Lloyd Jones is the obvious one.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #174: Sep 01, 2014 07:53:15 pm
      Don't understand the Coates one, he was promising in pre season and I was expecting him to get playing time in the cups  :-\
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #175: Sep 01, 2014 07:55:42 pm
      Lloyd Jones is the obvious one.

I'm hoping he gets game time in the League Cup this year because he needs the experience if he's ever going to get the chance to make the step up and be a part of the squad.
      Bier
      Reply #176: Sep 01, 2014 07:56:03 pm
      Don't understand the Coates one, he was promising in pre season and I was expecting him to get playing time in the cups  :-\
      He needs to play more than that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #177: Sep 01, 2014 08:01:28 pm
      I'm hoping he gets game time in the League Cup this year because he needs the experience if he's ever going to get the chance to make the step up and be a part of the squad.
      See Alex, there's the rub.

You can only get game time and experience in the League Cup (or any other cup) if you win games and qualify for the next round. If we play kids (all needing game time/experience) that qualification becomes less likely. Something a lot of folk tend to over-look.  ;)
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #178: Sep 01, 2014 08:06:11 pm
      Looks like #LFC duo Lucas Leiva and Suso will be staying put. Nothing moving with either of them currently.

2 players I'm happy we're holding onto :)
      Bier
      Reply #179: Sep 01, 2014 08:11:40 pm
      If we need CB cover I imagine both Can and Lucas could do a good job if needed, but we should be fine with the 4 we have.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #180: Sep 01, 2014 08:15:52 pm
      It's so nice watching the deadline day safe in the knowledge that my team done some serious business.

I actually keep forgetting we have Lallana, who i think is absolute quality.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #181: Sep 01, 2014 08:21:44 pm

Just heard on italian tv, Milan are in for Suso , but not now, they are speaking with his agent to agree with the player and book him for january, when suso can freely talk to other clubs , six months before his contract ends, so if Liverpool want to keep Suso , they have to offer Suso before january , if the player accepts

YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #182: Sep 01, 2014 08:23:10 pm
      Anyone see the reporter outside the emirates!? I dunno if he realises the scouser shouting behind him is spoof footballer Jason Bent! Brilliant  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #183: Sep 01, 2014 08:25:28 pm
      F**k sake Borini just doesn't want to go

Quick Reply