Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Deal of the Summer?

Read 9234 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Deal of the Summer?
      Sep 03, 2014 01:58:23 am
      Any predictions on who has made the deal of the summer? And the not so great deal.

Best deals:

Fabregas - £27 million, a snip at that price. World class player and already has 3 assists this season.

Moreno - £12 million, a bargain who I think will be a great full back

Eric Dier - £4 million, looks to be very good for a Tottenham, already has bagged 2 goals.

Alderweireld - On Loan, a very good player to have for a season.

Sigurdsson - In a swap deal for Ben Davies, a very good player and gets goals from midfield.

Tadic - £11 million. A quality player that'll move onto very good things in the future

Worst deals:

Shane Long - £12 million.

Ross McCormack - £11 million

Rojo - £16 million + Nani (with his 100k wages)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Deal of the Summer?
      Reply #1: Sep 03, 2014 02:35:13 am
      I'd go with Moreno and Costa for best deals.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Sep 03, 2014 04:03:08 am
      Yeah I'd have to say Costa myself. Gutted that he'll do wonders for the Chav cu*ts.

Hoping Balo makes me change my mind soon.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Sep 03, 2014 05:18:27 am
      All of those mentioned above have been great deals. A few I would like to highlight are Costa, Fabregas, Moreno and Balo.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #4: Sep 03, 2014 06:40:13 am
      At the moment I would say Moreno, after his performance on Sunday.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5: Sep 03, 2014 07:02:44 am
      Fabregas and Costa are potentially the best deal as they look to be a good solution to Chelsea's biggest problems. Fab makes the assists, Costa puts them away.

For us I think Lovren and Moreno are the two that will hopefully solve our biggest problem from last season .... conceding too many goals. Although Manquillo may prove equally vital if Johnson continues to disappoint.

For the mancs I think Falcao could be a great signing having a similar effect to Van Persie's a couple of seasons ago, but I don't think the mancs have really addressed their main problems in midfield.

Arsenal have Sanchez but really needed a top striker and I don't believe Welbeck scores enough to be thought of as one.

Citeh have spent big money on a couple of players, but free transfer Sagna may prove their best deal, although Mangala will strengthen their defence too.

Picking one signing I would go for Fabregas, he was one I wished we had signed and one that I think will probably have the most impact on their new team.     
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6: Sep 03, 2014 09:52:35 am
      The Good

Debuchy - Newcastle to Arsenal.  Really good player and will slot into that Arsenal side well.
      Hernandez - US Palermo to Hull.  The service to him may not be great, but I think this could be the surprise coup of the window.
      Cabella - Montpellier to Newcastle.  The French Foreign Legion, aka the Newcastle First XI, seems they've picked up yet another good deal from Ligue 1.
      Janmaat - Feyenoord to Newcastle.  Really good buy and while not as good as Debuchy, the man he has replaced, the potential is there.
      Rodwell - Man City to Sunderland. If he can remain fit, think he's going to be a cracking signing for the Black Cats.

The Bad

Welbeck - Man Utd to Arsenal.  Can see this ending in tears, have no rational reason, it just feels like it's going to go wrong.
      Herrera - Athletic to Man Utd.  Fouls a lot, not been great on the ball and going to have a lot of pressure on him when that front line loses the ball.
      Shaw - Sothampton to Man Utd.  Not had a great start, can see it getting far worse.  Think he's left Southampton a season or two before he should have.
      Fer - Norwich to QPR.  Flattered to deceive at Norwich and won't do better at QPR.
      Long - Hull to Southampton.  Again. just one I have a feeling for that just won't work out.

The Ugly

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Sep 03, 2014 11:00:15 am
      The Good

Debuchy - Newcastle to Arsenal.  Really good player and will slot into that Arsenal side well.
      Hernandez - US Palermo to Hull.  The service to him may not be great, but I think this could be the surprise coup of the window.
      Cabella - Montpellier to Newcastle.  The French Foreign Legion, aka the Newcastle First XI, seems they've picked up yet another good deal from Ligue 1.
      Janmaat - Feyenoord to Newcastle.  Really good buy and while not as good as Debuchy, the man he has replaced, the potential is there.
      Rodwell - Man City to Sunderland. If he can remain fit, think he's going to be a cracking signing for the Black Cats.

The Bad

Welbeck - Man Utd to Arsenal.  Can see this ending in tears, have no rational reason, it just feels like it's going to go wrong.
      Herrera - Athletic to Man Utd.  Fouls a lot, not been great on the ball and going to have a lot of pressure on him when that front line loses the ball.
      Shaw - Sothampton to Man Utd.  Not had a great start, can see it getting far worse.  Think he's left Southampton a season or two before he should have.
      Fer - Norwich to QPR.  Flattered to deceive at Norwich and won't do better at QPR.
      Long - Hull to Southampton.  Again. just one I have a feeling for that just won't work out.

The Ugly

So you don't rate any of our signings then?? Personally I think Lovren and Moreno are superb purchases and the other signigns have also been top notch, especially Balotelli, could be extremely exciting.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8: Sep 03, 2014 12:01:19 pm
      So you don't rate any of our signings then?? Personally I think Lovren and Moreno are superb purchases and the other signigns have also been top notch, especially Balotelli, could be extremely exciting.

I was going to say in my post 'excluding Liverpool players' but I thought it unnecessary as everyone would get it. Obviously I made a mistake in that assumption.   Out of all the signings we've made this summer, I think Can will end up being the biggest success story in the long term and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two don't work out,  but that's transfers for you.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2014 12:14:44 pm
      Think Fabregas probably takes 'best deal of the summer'. Costa was also a very good signing.

Moreno is going to turn out to be an excellent buy at £12m I think, and another value for money deal is the very promising Eric Dier to Spurs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Sep 03, 2014 02:01:20 pm
      Balloteli? £16m

As with all signings, only time will tell.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,908 posts | 4974 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2014 02:15:46 pm
      Balloteli? £16m

As with all signings, only time will tell.

Yep, can't argue with that, I think he'll prove to be signing of the season, he's on his last chance saloon bar stool, if he carries on with his toy chucking attitude here, who's he gonna go to after us,?

We have one important asset that will be critical for Mario,  Dr Stephen Peters,  he will be pivotal as to whether Mario can hold onto his toys and ensure he remains free of the media sharks circling his pram,  much the same way Suarez had such a successful season with us,
      And at £16m it could turn out a very frugal bit of business, potentially.!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Sep 04, 2014 06:36:29 am
      Chambers to Arsenal.

Fabregas and Costa.

Mame Biram Diouf on a free when he was scoring plenty in Germany.

Fabianski and Sigurdsson for Swansea.

Seb Coates for Sunderland.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Sep 05, 2014 12:15:04 pm
      Hopefully dealof the summer will be one of our lads!
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 07, 2014 10:43:33 am
      Can and Markovic. Once they're both fully fit I think they'll be in the team to stay. Lallana as well,once fit I reckon he'll make a big impact.

You know what? Forgot trying to pick them out,all our signings will be great.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Sep 07, 2014 10:54:37 am
      Surely a question for/towards the end of the season?

On that note, I'll be back.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Sep 07, 2014 10:58:01 am
      Surely a question for/towards the end of the season?

On that note, I'll be back.

Well, at the end of the season everyone would pick the same players, or the same 3/4 players, as hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

If it's done at the start we can make a prediction and see who was right.

Isn't directly related to just LFC transfers either.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Sep 07, 2014 11:27:52 am
      Slightly biased but....

Considering some of the money spent I think Balotelli and what he could potentially deliver is the best bit of business done this summer by any club

N.B. Brian78 accepts no responsibility if Balotelli turns out to be sh*te!!
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Sep 07, 2014 01:10:50 pm
      Although I think it might have been agreed back in Autumn, Lewandowski to Bayern on a free has got to be right up there.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Sep 08, 2014 10:49:13 pm
      Costa for Chelsea because he absolutely fits what they need unfortunately.

For us, I'd have to say Markovic and Can will both prove excellent business, massive hopes for both those lads. It's nice because I don't think they have too much pressure on their shoulders either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Sep 09, 2014 10:19:13 am
      Fabregas for Chelsea, and probably Costa, Exactly what they needed.

Getting rid of David Luiz for 50 Million. What a deal that was.

Balotelli could be vital at Liverpool. Hopefully it's a risk that pays off.
      Moreno looks a great signing already.

Welbeck for Arsenal could be exactly what they need.

Eric Dier look great for Spurs.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Sep 09, 2014 11:03:18 am
      Fabregas and Costa are potentially the best deal as they look to be a good solution to Chelsea's biggest problems. Fab makes the assists, Costa puts them away.
      Much as it pains me to say it but I think you're spot on with that mate (I'd maybe even throw in Remy).

Those two have the potential of turning the F***ing Chavs into Champions. Fingers crossed tho'; it's really early and anything could go tits up with injury and, or, suspension.

As far as we go; I've a gut feeling that Markovic could prove to be our 'best deal'.

Outside of the usual suspects: Leicester's signing of Ulloa might prove to be a great move.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #22: Sep 09, 2014 11:44:43 am
      My top 10 I would say..
      Fabregas, Moreno, Costa, Chambers, Dier, Tadic, Fernando, Siggy, Diouf, Abel

The best transfer outside England is obviously Lewa..

Quick Reply