Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Deal of the Summer?

Read 9184 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Deal of the Summer?
      Sep 03, 2014 01:58:23 am
      Any predictions on who has made the deal of the summer? And the not so great deal.

Best deals:

Fabregas - £27 million, a snip at that price. World class player and already has 3 assists this season.

Moreno - £12 million, a bargain who I think will be a great full back

Eric Dier - £4 million, looks to be very good for a Tottenham, already has bagged 2 goals.

Alderweireld - On Loan, a very good player to have for a season.

Sigurdsson - In a swap deal for Ben Davies, a very good player and gets goals from midfield.

Tadic - £11 million. A quality player that'll move onto very good things in the future

Worst deals:

Shane Long - £12 million.

Ross McCormack - £11 million

Rojo - £16 million + Nani (with his 100k wages)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Deal of the Summer?
      Reply #1: Sep 03, 2014 02:35:13 am
      I'd go with Moreno and Costa for best deals.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Sep 03, 2014 04:03:08 am
      Yeah I'd have to say Costa myself. Gutted that he'll do wonders for the Chav cu*ts.

Hoping Balo makes me change my mind soon.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Sep 03, 2014 05:18:27 am
      All of those mentioned above have been great deals. A few I would like to highlight are Costa, Fabregas, Moreno and Balo.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #4: Sep 03, 2014 06:40:13 am
      At the moment I would say Moreno, after his performance on Sunday.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5: Sep 03, 2014 07:02:44 am
      Fabregas and Costa are potentially the best deal as they look to be a good solution to Chelsea's biggest problems. Fab makes the assists, Costa puts them away.

For us I think Lovren and Moreno are the two that will hopefully solve our biggest problem from last season .... conceding too many goals. Although Manquillo may prove equally vital if Johnson continues to disappoint.

For the mancs I think Falcao could be a great signing having a similar effect to Van Persie's a couple of seasons ago, but I don't think the mancs have really addressed their main problems in midfield.

Arsenal have Sanchez but really needed a top striker and I don't believe Welbeck scores enough to be thought of as one.

Citeh have spent big money on a couple of players, but free transfer Sagna may prove their best deal, although Mangala will strengthen their defence too.

Picking one signing I would go for Fabregas, he was one I wished we had signed and one that I think will probably have the most impact on their new team.     
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6: Sep 03, 2014 09:52:35 am
      The Good

Debuchy - Newcastle to Arsenal.  Really good player and will slot into that Arsenal side well.
      Hernandez - US Palermo to Hull.  The service to him may not be great, but I think this could be the surprise coup of the window.
      Cabella - Montpellier to Newcastle.  The French Foreign Legion, aka the Newcastle First XI, seems they've picked up yet another good deal from Ligue 1.
      Janmaat - Feyenoord to Newcastle.  Really good buy and while not as good as Debuchy, the man he has replaced, the potential is there.
      Rodwell - Man City to Sunderland. If he can remain fit, think he's going to be a cracking signing for the Black Cats.

The Bad

Welbeck - Man Utd to Arsenal.  Can see this ending in tears, have no rational reason, it just feels like it's going to go wrong.
      Herrera - Athletic to Man Utd.  Fouls a lot, not been great on the ball and going to have a lot of pressure on him when that front line loses the ball.
      Shaw - Sothampton to Man Utd.  Not had a great start, can see it getting far worse.  Think he's left Southampton a season or two before he should have.
      Fer - Norwich to QPR.  Flattered to deceive at Norwich and won't do better at QPR.
      Long - Hull to Southampton.  Again. just one I have a feeling for that just won't work out.

The Ugly

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Sep 03, 2014 11:00:15 am
      The Good

Debuchy - Newcastle to Arsenal.  Really good player and will slot into that Arsenal side well.
      Hernandez - US Palermo to Hull.  The service to him may not be great, but I think this could be the surprise coup of the window.
      Cabella - Montpellier to Newcastle.  The French Foreign Legion, aka the Newcastle First XI, seems they've picked up yet another good deal from Ligue 1.
      Janmaat - Feyenoord to Newcastle.  Really good buy and while not as good as Debuchy, the man he has replaced, the potential is there.
      Rodwell - Man City to Sunderland. If he can remain fit, think he's going to be a cracking signing for the Black Cats.

The Bad

Welbeck - Man Utd to Arsenal.  Can see this ending in tears, have no rational reason, it just feels like it's going to go wrong.
      Herrera - Athletic to Man Utd.  Fouls a lot, not been great on the ball and going to have a lot of pressure on him when that front line loses the ball.
      Shaw - Sothampton to Man Utd.  Not had a great start, can see it getting far worse.  Think he's left Southampton a season or two before he should have.
      Fer - Norwich to QPR.  Flattered to deceive at Norwich and won't do better at QPR.
      Long - Hull to Southampton.  Again. just one I have a feeling for that just won't work out.

The Ugly

So you don't rate any of our signings then?? Personally I think Lovren and Moreno are superb purchases and the other signigns have also been top notch, especially Balotelli, could be extremely exciting.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8: Sep 03, 2014 12:01:19 pm
      So you don't rate any of our signings then?? Personally I think Lovren and Moreno are superb purchases and the other signigns have also been top notch, especially Balotelli, could be extremely exciting.

I was going to say in my post 'excluding Liverpool players' but I thought it unnecessary as everyone would get it. Obviously I made a mistake in that assumption.   Out of all the signings we've made this summer, I think Can will end up being the biggest success story in the long term and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two don't work out,  but that's transfers for you.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2014 12:14:44 pm
      Think Fabregas probably takes 'best deal of the summer'. Costa was also a very good signing.

Moreno is going to turn out to be an excellent buy at £12m I think, and another value for money deal is the very promising Eric Dier to Spurs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Sep 03, 2014 02:01:20 pm
      Balloteli? £16m

As with all signings, only time will tell.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2014 02:15:46 pm
      Balloteli? £16m

As with all signings, only time will tell.

Yep, can't argue with that, I think he'll prove to be signing of the season, he's on his last chance saloon bar stool, if he carries on with his toy chucking attitude here, who's he gonna go to after us,?

We have one important asset that will be critical for Mario,  Dr Stephen Peters,  he will be pivotal as to whether Mario can hold onto his toys and ensure he remains free of the media sharks circling his pram,  much the same way Suarez had such a successful season with us,
      And at £16m it could turn out a very frugal bit of business, potentially.!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Sep 04, 2014 06:36:29 am
      Chambers to Arsenal.

Fabregas and Costa.

Mame Biram Diouf on a free when he was scoring plenty in Germany.

Fabianski and Sigurdsson for Swansea.

Seb Coates for Sunderland.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Sep 05, 2014 12:15:04 pm
      Hopefully dealof the summer will be one of our lads!
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 07, 2014 10:43:33 am
      Can and Markovic. Once they're both fully fit I think they'll be in the team to stay. Lallana as well,once fit I reckon he'll make a big impact.

You know what? Forgot trying to pick them out,all our signings will be great.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Sep 07, 2014 10:54:37 am
      Surely a question for/towards the end of the season?

On that note, I'll be back.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Sep 07, 2014 10:58:01 am
      Surely a question for/towards the end of the season?

On that note, I'll be back.

Well, at the end of the season everyone would pick the same players, or the same 3/4 players, as hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

If it's done at the start we can make a prediction and see who was right.

Isn't directly related to just LFC transfers either.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Sep 07, 2014 11:27:52 am
      Slightly biased but....

Considering some of the money spent I think Balotelli and what he could potentially deliver is the best bit of business done this summer by any club

N.B. Brian78 accepts no responsibility if Balotelli turns out to be sh*te!!
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Sep 07, 2014 01:10:50 pm
      Although I think it might have been agreed back in Autumn, Lewandowski to Bayern on a free has got to be right up there.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Sep 08, 2014 10:49:13 pm
      Costa for Chelsea because he absolutely fits what they need unfortunately.

For us, I'd have to say Markovic and Can will both prove excellent business, massive hopes for both those lads. It's nice because I don't think they have too much pressure on their shoulders either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Sep 09, 2014 10:19:13 am
      Fabregas for Chelsea, and probably Costa, Exactly what they needed.

Getting rid of David Luiz for 50 Million. What a deal that was.

Balotelli could be vital at Liverpool. Hopefully it's a risk that pays off.
      Moreno looks a great signing already.

Welbeck for Arsenal could be exactly what they need.

Eric Dier look great for Spurs.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Sep 09, 2014 11:03:18 am
      Fabregas and Costa are potentially the best deal as they look to be a good solution to Chelsea's biggest problems. Fab makes the assists, Costa puts them away.
      Much as it pains me to say it but I think you're spot on with that mate (I'd maybe even throw in Remy).

Those two have the potential of turning the F***ing Chavs into Champions. Fingers crossed tho'; it's really early and anything could go tits up with injury and, or, suspension.

As far as we go; I've a gut feeling that Markovic could prove to be our 'best deal'.

Outside of the usual suspects: Leicester's signing of Ulloa might prove to be a great move.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #22: Sep 09, 2014 11:44:43 am
      My top 10 I would say..
      Fabregas, Moreno, Costa, Chambers, Dier, Tadic, Fernando, Siggy, Diouf, Abel

The best transfer outside England is obviously Lewa..
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #23: Sep 10, 2014 12:49:46 am
      I don't think Fabregas and Costa can be counted in 'deals of the Summer'. When you think of deals of the summer I think of relative unknowns. Fabregas and Costa are what big spending clubs buy to win things. They are top of table recruits not IMO deals of the summer.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #24: Sep 10, 2014 12:51:58 am
      Like it is hardly a 'shrewd' piece of business. I mean if BR bought Messi we couldn't conclude he has an eye for a player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #25: Sep 10, 2014 04:54:34 am
      For a combined price of Di Maria I think that's sensational business.

Or 3 Ross McCormack's each :D
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: Sep 10, 2014 06:17:22 am
      For a combined price of Di Maria I think that's sensational business.

Or 3 Ross McCormack's each :D

Give me a team of Ross McCormack's and I'll give you Championship Football.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Sep 10, 2014 07:39:56 am
      That's the point isn't it? The prices for strikers have shot up and also proven, high quality players have sky rocketed and to land Costa and Fabregas for those prices is terrific business.

Even Brown Ideye signed for WBA for £10m for an unknown (not even his manager knew who he was) striker.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #28: Sep 10, 2014 12:05:48 pm
      That's the point isn't it? The prices for strikers have shot up and also proven, high quality players have sky rocketed and to land Costa and Fabregas for those prices is terrific business.

Even Brown Ideye signed for WBA for £10m for an unknown (not even his manager knew who he was) striker.

Costas fee was the buyout clause. The Fabregas was undisclosed but believed to be around 30 million. He wanted to go, Barca wanted to sell and with his wages where else is he going to go.

I don't believe these are good deals, they are the kind of deals Real Madrid, Barecelona, Bayern and now Chelsea do regularly and they aren't good business they are just business.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #29: Sep 10, 2014 02:41:02 pm
      Costas fee was the buyout clause. The Fabregas was undisclosed but believed to be around 30 million. He wanted to go, Barca wanted to sell and with his wages where else is he going to go.

I don't believe these are good deals, they are the kind of deals Real Madrid, Barecelona, Bayern and now Chelsea do regularly and they aren't good business they are just business.

In regards to Costa I think it was good buisness because there was no bidding war.

They wanted him early and got him, he was arguably the second best striker in the world behind  Suarez, yet Chelsea signed him with their first bid being accepted.

Good business to me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Sep 10, 2014 04:56:06 pm
      Two elite players for 30m each is a steal given the current market. Other teams' fault if they don't want them.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Sep 11, 2014 12:42:58 am
      In regards to Costa I think it was good buisness because there was no bidding war.

They wanted him early and got him, he was arguably the second best striker in the world behind  Suarez, yet Chelsea signed him with their first bid being accepted.

Good business to me.
      Apparently with the Costa deal, if they paid more than the buyout clause they had to pay an extra 15 million pounds due to some tax clause (45 mil). Now how many teams are going to stump up that money, who can afford his wagesand where does he want to go. The deal was only in the hands of about 4 clubs and probably chelsea is the only one who needed him.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Sep 11, 2014 12:49:23 am
      Two elite players for 30m each is a steal given the current market. Other teams' fault if they don't want them.

Its not just 30 million though. The wages are huge and the players have to want to go there. For these two players it is oging to be Bayern, Barca, Madrid, City or Chelsea. Bayern just got Lewandovski, City have got to get FFA down and already have 3 strikers used to their system, Barca bought Suarez so really it is Madrid and Chelsea. Now for Fabregas we can rule out Madrid and Barca so that leaves City, Chelsea and Bayern. City and Bayern obviously have enough of these players as scoring goals is not really a problem for them. So Chelsea it is.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Sep 11, 2014 03:03:00 am
      Apparently with the Costa deal, if they paid more than the buyout clause they had to pay an extra 15 million pounds due to some tax clause (45 mil). Now how many teams are going to stump up that money, who can afford his wagesand where does he want to go. The deal was only in the hands of about 4 clubs and probably chelsea is the only one who needed him.

Obviously the extra 15 mil went to the government and not Atletico

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Sep 11, 2014 01:46:44 pm
      Can we not be hipster in this thread.
      Costa and Fabregas were great business.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Sep 12, 2014 01:31:18 am
      Its not just 30 million though. The wages are huge and the players have to want to go there. For these two players it is oging to be Bayern, Barca, Madrid, City or Chelsea. Bayern just got Lewandovski, City have got to get FFA down and already have 3 strikers used to their system, Barca bought Suarez so really it is Madrid and Chelsea. Now for Fabregas we can rule out Madrid and Barca so that leaves City, Chelsea and Bayern. City and Bayern obviously have enough of these players as scoring goals is not really a problem for them. So Chelsea it is.

Wages shmages.

Fabreags and Costa quality could demand 40m+ each for their transfer fee. That, alone, makes these deals terrific pieces of business. That they are exactly what Chelsea needed just make their deals even better.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #36: Sep 12, 2014 05:15:18 am
      No like I said Costa would have had to be 45 mil if it was higher than 30 (buy out clause). The extra didn't go to Atletico so they don't care. The bidding would have had to start at 45. Look at how many clubs would have paid that.

Barca paid 35 for Fabregas. You watch how much Barca and Madrid buy players for and what they sell  them for. As soon as the players become surplus (for whatever reason) they move them on. Like I said only 2 or 3 clubs could possibly in for Fabregas and two of those we can rule out. This is just my opinion but that is how I see it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Sep 12, 2014 10:59:39 am
      His quality, not him.

His quality, in the current market is 40m+ (more when Atletico are coming off such a big season thanks to him mainly).

I'm not taking his contract in to the equation. Just talking Diego Costa as a player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38: Sep 13, 2014 04:25:00 pm
      Doesn't matter if they were 60m combined or if they were already world class or not, it's getting increasingly difficult to say Costa and Fabregas weren't the deals of the summer....

Away from them, Pelle for Southampton will be a good buy and Sigurdsson going back to Swansea was a great move. Honestly think if he signed for us rather than Spurs we'd be talking about how he's one of the best attacking midfielders in the league (although we might not have got Coutinho then!).
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Sep 14, 2014 11:38:52 am
      I don't think Fabregas and Costa can be counted in 'deals of the Summer'. When you think of deals of the summer I think of relative unknowns.
      Are you going to let us in on the secret mate and tell us who you think are good deals?  :confused-smiley-013:

For me [and this is where we obviously differ] a "good deal" is buying a player or players, irrespective of cost, who will improve the team to the point where they can win titles, trophies or stave off relegation. So far, Costa, Fabregas (and to a certain extent, Remy) have done just that. As has Ulloa by the way.  ;)

There's really no point in signing say, a good right-back, for a cut-price fee, if it's a centre-forward you need.

"Hey love, I got a great deal on Dog food; only 2p a tin, 10,000 of them"...

"Great but you do know we don't have a dog; we've got a horse that needs feeding?" 

"But... but... it was a great deal... only 2p a tin"  >:D
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2014 11:49:31 am by bad boy bubby »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Sep 14, 2014 05:54:02 pm
      Are you going to let us in on the secret mate and tell us who you think are good deals?  :confused-smiley-013:

For me [and this is where we obviously differ] a "good deal" is buying a player or players, irrespective of cost, who will improve the team to the point where they can win titles, trophies or stave off relegation. So far, Costa, Fabregas (and to a certain extent, Remy) have done just that. As has Ulloa by the way.  ;)

There's really no point in signing say, a good right-back, for a cut-price fee, if it's a centre-forward you need.

"Great but you do know we don't have a dog; we've got a horse that needs feeding?" 

The only deals better than Fabregas and Costa signing for Chelsea were the two they sold that covered the cost of both.
      Great business both ways for Chelsea, unfortunately.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41: Sep 14, 2014 11:09:30 pm
      Can't believe some on here don't think Costa and Fabregas aren't good deals.

Chelsea look like league winners in waiting just by signing those two.

I'm still a bit pissed we didn't sign Remy especially when you see him turn out for them and score on his debut.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #42: Sep 16, 2014 12:47:27 am

I'm still a bit pissed we didn't sign Remy especially when you see him turn out for them and score on his debut.
      Its not a case that they aren't good players. They are top drawer players. There is just a lot more to the equation than Chelsea paid less for them than United paid for Di Maria. I would say Di Maria at 65 million was a sh*t deal as is some EPL forward for 20 million. With FFP Barca can but a player for 65 million because they make a lot more than Chelsea. Same with Madrid and same with United. Costa and Fabregas both wanted to go weren't signing and were going where they wanted. The Costa deal hinged on the 15 million extra. The Fabregas deal was probably done with money up front not staggered. The point is there is a lot more than quoting a 30 mill figure as cheap especially in comparison to a handful of deals that are ludicrous but now depend a lot on the FFP ruling.

I'll let you on my way of thinking. NO ONE bought by Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, or Man City are deals of the season. These clubs by established superstars who in their setup will be successful. Fabregas??? a deal of the season.
      Costa  ??? a deal of the season ?? C'mon

We just bought Diego Maradona, He was only 85 million and he on us the league. What a piece of business who was the genius who thought of that plan.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Sep 16, 2014 12:51:34 am
      What I don't understand is if Fabregas and Costa are worth much more why didn't Atletico and Barca screw Chelsea for the money, its not like they are mugs. How much should Chelsea have paid for them. Naming world class players as deals of the season, especially when they are sat in the current Chelsea line up, is to me not right.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Sep 16, 2014 01:04:12 am

Agree

Agree

Agree

Surely offering maybe an extra 5 million pounds to each of them could have got the " I want to live in London" thoughts out of their minds!!!

And we won't even start on Remy. That's a massive F**k up on our behalf.  :mad:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Sep 16, 2014 03:46:09 am
      And we won't even start on Remy. That's a massive f**k up on our behalf.
      BR probably met Remy or asked around and found out he's a w**ker and therefore not wanted by us but a perfect fit for Chelski.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #46: Sep 16, 2014 06:34:46 pm
      Its not a case that they aren't good players. They are top drawer players. There is just a lot more to the equation than Chelsea paid less for them than United paid for Di Maria. I would say Di Maria at 65 million was a sh*t deal as is some EPL forward for 20 million. With FFP Barca can but a player for 65 million because they make a lot more than Chelsea. Same with Madrid and same with United. Costa and Fabregas both wanted to go weren't signing and were going where they wanted. The Costa deal hinged on the 15 million extra. The Fabregas deal was probably done with money up front not staggered. The point is there is a lot more than quoting a 30 mill figure as cheap especially in comparison to a handful of deals that are ludicrous but now depend a lot on the FFP ruling.
      I'll let you on my way of thinking. NO ONE bought by Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, or Man City are deals of the season. These clubs by established superstars who in their setup will be successful. Fabregas??? a deal of the season.

We just bought Diego Maradona, He was only 85 million and he on us the league. What a piece of business who was the genius who thought of that plan.
      Right we know who you believe aren't good deals, promise we do but... the question still stands - which players do you reckon are good deals?

You've put so much time, effort and thought into telling us why we're wrong: letting us in on your secret is the least you can do.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014 06:45:45 pm by bad boy bubby »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Sep 16, 2014 07:34:14 pm

Agree about Costa and Cesc. I thought they might struggle, more so Costa but not the case, kind of makes me wonder why we didn't move to sign him again this summer when it seems we were all in for him last summer.

Don't think they are nailed on for the league though, they are leaking a lot of goals and against lesser teams. Seem to be taking our approach of last season.

Not bothered about Remy, he clearly had something wrong with him so I trust the clubs judgement to not take a risk on whatever it was.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: Sep 17, 2014 12:44:02 am
      You've put so much time, effort and thought into telling us why we're wrong: letting us in on your secret is the least you can do.

I didn't say you're wrong anymore than you can tell me I'm wrong. Who is a good deal? The team matters above all else. Look at Dortmund lose Goetze, Levwandovski, no Reus and yet they stlll look great. The team is everything. So one player coming in seamlessly not looking flash and allowing the team to flourish is a good deal. Cesc Fabregas and Costa are stars bought in to beat teams on their own. I just don't fancy that as a good deal in the sense you guys are saying. Good deal for Chelsea though.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #49: Sep 17, 2014 08:12:15 am
      Too early to say yet.

But talking about 'deals of the summer' ... Torres to AC milan on a 2 yr loan deal.... so yes Liverpool lost 17m on the Carroll deal, but we certainly screwed chelsea on the Torres one...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Sep 17, 2014 11:08:48 am

So, you're not going to answer his question then.
      You'll just be a cantankerous arse.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #51: Sep 17, 2014 12:51:06 pm
      So, you're not going to answer his question then.
      You'll just be a cantankerous arse.

Did you just insult me?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Sep 17, 2014 02:55:08 pm

Are you going to answer his question?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #53: Sep 17, 2014 03:12:19 pm
      Selling Lukaku for 28m and paying 4 million more for Costa (so far) looks brilliant business.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #54: Sep 18, 2014 12:17:14 am
      Are you going to answer his question?

Best and worst deal of the summer is Angel Di Maria, dependent on if you're his agent, him, hate Man Utd or a supporter.

And there is no need for insults, just explain yourself it works better.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 19, 2014 08:07:16 pm
      Best:
      Xabi Alonso to Bayern Munich
      Serge Aurier to PSG (on loan)
      Diouf to Stoke (free)
      Fabergas to Chelsea
      Costa to Chelsea
      Debuchy to Arsenal
      Ramirez to Hull (on loan)
      Fernandez to Swansea
      Ulloa to Leicester
      Dier to Spurs
      Immobile to Dortmund (free)
      Cabella to Newcastle
      Manga to Cardiff City
      Guerra to Cardiff City

Worst:
      Javi Garcia to Zenit (£12.5 mil ffs!)
      Rojo to Man Utd (Nani's wages ;D)
      Shaw to Man Utd (overpriced fat baffoon)
      Welbeck to Arsenal
      Boyd to Burnley (could have spent £3 mil better on Championship players)
      McCormack to Fulham

Liverpool players (out of 5 stars)

Can - 3.5
      Markovic - 4.5 (very likely to go to 5 soon)
      Origi - 4 (at the moment, will surely rise aswell)
      Lovren - 4
      Balotelli - 3.5
      Lambert - 2.5
      Lallana - 4 (price otherwise it would be 4.5, overpaid by 10 mil IMO)
      Moreno - 5
      Manquillo - 3.5

(Have I forgotten anyone?)

For Valdes, when he joins, hopefully! ;D, a 4.5.

Special mention to Chelsea for being able to get rid of Torres, great work. :laugh:

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: Sep 19, 2014 08:47:05 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Sep 20, 2014 04:40:25 am
      Best:
      Xabi Alonso to Bayern Munich
      Serge Aurier to PSG (on loan)
      Diouf to Stoke (free)
      Fabergas to Chelsea
      Costa to Chelsea
      Debuchy to Arsenal
      Ramirez to Hull (on loan)
      Fernandez to Swansea
      Ulloa to Leicester
      Dier to Spurs
      Immobile to Dortmund (free)
      Cabella to Newcastle
      Manga to Cardiff City
      Guerra to Cardiff City

Worst:
      Javi Garcia to Zenit (£12.5 mil ffs!)
      Rojo to Man Utd (Nani's wages ;D)
      Shaw to Man Utd (overpriced fat baffoon)
      Welbeck to Arsenal
      Boyd to Burnley (could have spent £3 mil better on Championship players)
      McCormack to Fulham

Liverpool players (out of 5 stars)

Can - 3.5
      Markovic - 4.5 (very likely to go to 5 soon)
      Origi - 4 (at the moment, will surely rise aswell)
      Lovren - 4
      Balotelli - 3.5
      Lambert - 2.5
      Lallana - 4 (price otherwise it would be 4.5, overpaid by 10 mil IMO)
      Moreno - 5
      Manquillo - 3.5

(Have I forgotten anyone?)

For Valdes, when he joins, hopefully! ;D, a 4.5.

Special mention to Chelsea for being able to get rid of Torres, great work. :laugh:

Immobile to Dortmund wasn't free. He was around £15m.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #58: Sep 20, 2014 05:47:30 am
      Yeah, you did and then went on to explain why.

I would say Di Maria at 65 million was a sh*t deal
      Best and worst deal of the summer is Angel Di Maria

:dunce2:
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2014 06:18:06 am by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #59: Sep 20, 2014 06:23:23 am
      Yeah, you did and then went on to explained why.

:dunce2:

''Explained'' is a contradiction there mate especially when the explainer appears to be disputing his own statements.
      Having a word with yourself was never more appropriate.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2014 09:00:24 am by stuey »

Quick Reply