Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tough Mudder for Team George

Read 1495 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Tough Mudder for Team George
      Sep 03, 2014 05:07:51 pm
      Evening everyone,

Let me start by apologising for hassling you all once again. I realise I've asked an awful lot of you all. But please do read on.

On the 15th September I will be taking part in the Tough Mudder event in North West England. Tough Mudder involves jumping in to cold water, running, climbing, getting electrocuted etc etc. Please see the link below to get an idea of what I am getting myself in for.

http://youtu.be/Q4Jn_Lb0ahM

Basically, I am competing in order to raise money for Team George, a fantastic charity which raises money for children and young people with terminal illnesses across the UK. It was set up by the family of 4 year old George Bertie Johnson, who has  an undiagnosed motility condition, meaning he cannot feed, drink or swallow. He has spent much of his young life in an out of hospital and as someone who has spent significant periods of time in a hospital bed, I know this is no place for a child.

(For more info on Team George charity, visit http://teamgeorge01.wix.com/teamgeorgejohnson)

What I am asking you do is donate what you can. All proceeds will go to helping young people and their families across the UK, not just North West England. If nothing else, it's bound to be worth it for the thought of me being in pain or being electrocuted  ;)

So please click on the link below and donate what you can. Happy to answer any questions you may have. Many thanks!

http://www.gofundme.com/91ixzk

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Tough Mudder for Team George
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2014 08:35:18 am
      I done my second one in July.......you will love it if you haven't done one before.....let me know how you get on.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2014 08:32:13 pm
      Earn it!

Will definitely be throwing a donation your way mate
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #3: Sep 09, 2014 09:11:21 pm
      Giving this a bump. If anyone can provide any sort of donation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the messages so far!!
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2014 08:58:32 am
      Completed in just under 4 hours as a team of 10. Great experience, loved it! Thanks for everyone's support. Managed to raise £1175, surpassing our original target so thank you everyone!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5: Sep 16, 2014 03:25:13 pm
      Hey Semps....tell me your fav and worst obstacle...what you failed at if any?

Quick Reply