Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Concert square v Matthew street

Read 2953 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Concert square v Matthew street
      Sep 04, 2014 07:30:26 pm
      2 areas of Liverpool full of pubs and clubs. But which is better for a night on the ale?

Now Im well aware that the best ale house are well outside these 2 areas but they are the areas that are most frequented so keep it to the 2 locations and not some pub in Bootle or Sefton  :D

You might mention why you think one is better then the other and your favourite pub in the area
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Concert square v Matthew street
      Reply #1: Sep 12, 2014 08:43:31 pm
      2 areas of Liverpool full of pubs and clubs. But which is better for a night on the ale?

Now Im well aware that the best ale house are well outside these 2 areas but they are the areas that are most frequented so keep it to the 2 locations and not some pub in Bootle or Sefton  :D

You might mention why you think one is better then the other and your favourite pub in the area

Depends what kind of night you are after. As a 23 year old, most people my age may be more inclined to say Concert Square. Whilst I agree with that sentiment, there are some good spots on Matthew Street.

Concert Square has bars, clubs and restaurants. However, the range of bars is most impressive, with new ones opening each and every day. To sum up, the streets off Concert Square have some cracking bars, but also has a few to avoid!!

I am also a big fan of Lark Lane. It has a reputation of being a little upper class but there are some great pubs, namely Bier, that does a cracking pint.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8542 
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2014 01:19:47 pm
      Both were good late 90s to mid 2000s.

But have gone badly sh*t and now full of dickheads and stag and hen dos.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2014 09:31:01 pm
      Both were good late 90s to mid 2000s.

But have gone badly sh*t and now full of dickheads and stag and hen dos.

An Concert square is chocker with coked up kids kicking off every hands turn, seen some bad fights there and I didn't get there often but someone always kicked off.
      Sooner go round Mathew St of an afternoon, miss all the nobs and stag dos.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4: Sep 19, 2014 04:08:49 pm
      I think you show your age when you start avoiding CS for Mathew Street.

Few years back I was there almost every Friday & Saturday.  Then to Alma De Cuba and Heebies.

Nowadays the streets are full of skinny jeaned, designer stubbled, orange, quiffed pansies who spend 90% of their night taking selfies.

I'm only 29, but there's more of a laugh to be had down Mathew Street and the surrounding area.  Especially Dale Street which has some great boozers where you can actually talk and be heard by ya mates.

Or as mentioned above, Lark Lane.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #5: Dec 27, 2014 03:32:07 pm
      Go to Concert Square and the oldest person there is 16. It's literally full of kids trying to get into clubs, and most times they do. They don't give a toss round there.

Matthew Street is just full of dickheads who can't handle their ale and bouncers who think they're something special.

In short, avoid both.

For a night out, best bet is the proper ale houses round town. Ye Cracke on Rice St is my personal choice.

Quick Reply