Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Sturridge out with thigh injury

Read 12854 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Sturridge out with thigh injury
      Reply #46: Sep 07, 2014 09:00:20 am
                        Henderson        Gerrard

Lallana

Sterling          Balotelli        Markovic

It's be no secret that I love 4-3-3 mate so I'd be well up for that especially at home, against Villa.

Lallana or Coutinho at the front of the triangle. Or rest Stevie and play Hendo, Can and Lallana or Coutinho. We've certainly plenty of options.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #47: Sep 07, 2014 10:06:05 am
      Why would you waste a starting spot on Allen when we could fit Lallana AND Markovic in the side?

That is true. If all were on form I'd have to select Coutinho over Allen.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #48: Sep 07, 2014 10:27:24 am
      Anyway Mr Sturridge.any news?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Sep 07, 2014 01:29:19 pm
      Fucks sake!

It was inevitable we just need to manage through his absence.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #50: Sep 07, 2014 01:41:27 pm
      I have a sneaking suspicion that the silence is deafening on this one and the injury will turn out to be very, very minor. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Sep 07, 2014 02:56:18 pm
      I have a sneaking suspicion that the silence is deafening on this one and the injury will turn out to be very, very minor. ;)

I need to know for fantasy football purposes
      LFCexiled
      Reply #52: Sep 07, 2014 03:02:05 pm
      I need to know for fantasy football purposes

Maximum one match. ;D *

* The author cannot be held responsible for the loss of any points be they real or fantasized.  :P
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #53: Sep 07, 2014 03:17:25 pm
      Have we got the fastest team in the League?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,309 posts | 1520 
      Reply #54: Sep 08, 2014 07:35:03 pm
      Wouldn't believe it would you. First Sturridge, now Hendo. Is this  'The Owls Revenge'  or what.
      What the fukc is he doing to our players.  Is he training in such a manner, that he sabotages our players, before he gets the chop for being the totally useless tw*t that he is. Is Stirling next ?  Screw the internationals, we always end up with injuries. Was quite a regular problem with Stevie over the years.
      Well pissed off me, as you may have guessed.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Sep 10, 2014 09:45:55 am
      Balotelli was statically the best lone striker in Europe last season...

... Balotelli as lone striker 0.842 goals a game.

Now that he's a Red I wouldn't hold it against him, or anyone, Ribap and I know it was with different players in a different team but I'm curious to know; in that role ...

just how many of his goals were not penalties?

:confused-smiley-013:

Tadders

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #56: Sep 10, 2014 08:12:04 pm
      This is one game when I am not worried about Danny being missed. rest him.

Rickie will be perfect for this as they will not be able to handle him, we know they are quite a decent side, but if we shore up the back. Danny get your rest son.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 2810 
      Reply #57: Sep 10, 2014 09:02:27 pm
      Echo saying he'll be back for the derby, might play a role at West Ham but unlikely.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,309 posts | 1520 
      Reply #58: Sep 10, 2014 09:45:14 pm
      Was a bit sceptical about Balotelli, but boy am I glad we've got him now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Sep 11, 2014 02:44:40 pm
      Brendan confirming that Sturridge's injury could have been prevented if he'd stuck to the correct training schedule. He picked up the injury on what should have been a rest day.

Fair enough Sturridge has a hand in the decision too but it is the England camp who surely have a duty of care and while I'm disappointed I'm not surprised in the least to hear this.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #60: Sep 11, 2014 03:04:32 pm
      Since it's confirmed Stu is out for 2 weeks with a hammy and not a thigh injury shouldn't this thread be locked?

Edit: Contrary to reports Stu did his hamstring it is in fact a thigh injury as confirmed by Brendan.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2014 05:42:02 pm by bazspeedman »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #61: Sep 11, 2014 10:15:48 pm
      Next call up don't go...

It's all a waste of time anyhow!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Sep 11, 2014 10:31:22 pm
      Brendan confirming that Sturridge's injury could have been prevented if he'd stuck to the correct training schedule. He picked up the injury on what should have been a rest day.

Fair enough Sturridge has a hand in the decision too but it is the England camp who surely have a duty of care and while I'm disappointed I'm not surprised in the least to hear this.

They played their best players for 90 minutes in a friendly when they had a qualifier three days later. It just beggars belief, downright moronic.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #63: Sep 12, 2014 01:53:52 am
      They played their best players for 90 minutes in a friendly when they had a qualifier three days later. It just beggars belief, downright moronic.

Aye, totally agree and made even worse by the latest revelations:

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  3h
      Guardian - Sturridge has an active recovery session 2 days after a match. He asked England's coaching team but his request was rejected

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  2h
      Guardian - Though Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, DS was instructed to train instead. He later picked the injury.

F***ing pricks jeopardising the health of our player like that when clearly not doing it to Cahill will set the conspiracies spiraling no doubt. Rather than sink my teeth into those, which do have compelling arguments, I'll just say I hope we have now learned our lesson, both as a club and individually. One thing I always thought that Alcy c**t from the old toilet did get right was how he seemed to get his lads to feign injuries for international duty.

I would say that being biased of course but Studge needs to remember who butters his bread when he next has a choice to make.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #64: Sep 12, 2014 07:53:56 am
      Kin L if I didn't know better I'd say that Hodgson was spitefully selecting LFC players and aggravating any fitness issues by playing them when not 100% match fit.
      I don't know better, the demented old b***ard is still fuming about the way he was humiliated and fu**ed off when LFC were not entirely happy the way he ran the club into the ground.
      It's a foregone conclusion he will eventually get the bullet as the national coach, he will run Studge and Henderson into the ground as a way of sabotaging the club who humiliated a man capable of F***ing up the England team as nobody else has done. 
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #65: Sep 12, 2014 08:03:40 am
      Was it a co-incidence that he left for 90minutes Sterling, hendo, sturridge( subbed  by Lambert at the endof the game) and rested his new captain- wilshire- chamberlain-cahill etc  in that useless friendly?

sometimes doubts come to your mind
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #66: Sep 12, 2014 10:04:24 am
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  3hGuardian - Sturridge has an active recovery session 2 days after a match. He asked England's coaching team but his request was rejectedLFCTS ‏
      @LFCTS  2hGuardian - Though Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, DS was instructed to train instead. He later picked the injury.

Unf*cking-believable. The senile, bitter old b*stard manages to screw us over again as soon as he gets his grubby owl claws on our players. I'm fuming with this. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. Our lads need to feign injuries, boycott,pretend to be dead...anything not to play for the national team ever again, especially one that's led by the worst manager this club has ever had.

F*cking steaming pile of bitter turd.

#endofrant
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #67: Sep 12, 2014 10:22:23 am
      I read a piece of analysis about the England attitude towards players which made a lot of sense. The national team coaches are not as interested in the long term health of players as they should be because they only get a week or so to work with them. This results in trying to do as much work as possible in a short space of time, with too much expectation players in a small time frame. They want to win the next match at all costs, knowing that they won't have the the players again for a long while.

It's a disgrace and it's infuriating. BR is a classy man and does not have a habit of talking negatively about other teams, managers or players. The fact that he has come out publicly to criticise the national team speaks volumes about his feelings towards how they've handled his players. No doubt the FA will be p*ssed off at him and have an agenda about him, when instead they should be taking his advice to try and improve their way of handling the payers and therefore improving the relationship between the national team and clubs.

The more I think about it, the angrier I become.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #68: Sep 12, 2014 11:26:07 am
      Rodgers BLASTS Hodgson and england for the sturridge injury

This is the fourth injury the   forward has picked up while on international duty for Roy Hodgson’s side since moving to Liverpool in January last year.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/09/brendan-rodgers-blasts-england-daniel-sturridge-injury/

Brandan's interview to talksport (radio)>> 

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-rodgers-questions-englands-handling-sturridge-injury-140911113111

Quick Reply