Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad 19.45.BST 16/09/14

Read 11346 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad 19.45.BST 16/09/14
      Sep 15, 2014 10:35:13 am
      UEFA Champions League official theme song (Hymne) Stereo HD

Champions League Intro [HD]

For Ludogorets, this is their first time in the Champions League and it could not have come about in a more dramatic manner. In the final playoff round of the Champions League qualifiers against Steaua Bucharest, Ludogorets’ keeper was sent off and with no substitutes left, centre-back Cosmin Moti had to go in goal. In the resulting penalty shoot-out, he made two saves and sent his team into the Champions League groups. His actions have prompted the club’s owner to pledge to rename a stand after him.

For the Bulgarian champions, this game will be a test but they will certainly have nothing to fear, for as far they are concerned, they have nothing to lose. For Liverpool, nothing less than a win will suffice.

Team News

Liverpool have a number of injuries in their squad just now, most notably Daniel Sturridge – who will be out of action for the next few weeks with a thigh injury. New signing Emre Can is also out for at least a month with an ankle injury and will miss at least three of Liverpool’s European matches. Joe Allen and Martin Skrtel are both doubtful for the game but we will have a more accurate assessment of their situation when Brendan Rodgers gives his press conference tomorrow. Glen Johnson and Jon Flanagan are also out through injury. Finally, Lazar Markovic will also be unavailable for selection due to suspension.

Ludogorets have a fully fit squad to choose from and there are no suspensions, aside from Vladislav Stoyanov, preventing any players from making an appearance against the Reds at Anfield.

Interesting Statistics

This will be Liverpool’s first appearance in the Champions League for five years.
      Liverpool have played against Bulgarian opposition on eight occasions, winning six times and losing the other two.
      The last time they faced a Bulgarian team was in the 2005-06 season when they played against CSKA Sophia in the qualifiers. They won 3-2 on aggregate.
      This is Ludogorets’ first ever appearance in the Champions League and the first time they have played in England.
      Last season, the Bulgarian side reached the last 16 of the Europa League – their first time in that competition.
      They defeated Dudelange, Partizan and Steaua Bucharest on their way to the Champions League.
      Key Players

– Raheem Sterling

Sterling has been in fine form for Liverpool so far this season and has cemented a reputation that sees him as one of the top young players in Europe, and nowhere will this be better tested than in the Champions League. In four appearances for the Reds this season, the youngster has managed to score two goals for his club. According to Squawka.com, he has scored these from 10 shots at goal, six of which were on target. He has also managed to create eight chances for his teammates and has made an assist in the process. His passing has been very good as well, averaging an 80% accuracy so far this season. Impressively, Sterling has managed to win 68% of all the duels he has been involved in which is very good considering his small stature. He was rested for much of Liverpool’s loss against Aston Villa at the weekend, playing as a substitute. Ludogorets will surely see him as a threat who has to be stopped.

– Marcelinho

I will admit that it not has been very easy to find useful performance statistics for Ludogorets’ players and so I have had to settle for Marcelinho’s performances in the Europa League last season. However, he is considered to be one of their more dangerous players and links up well with their strikers as an attacking midfielder. He made 10 appearances for the Bulgarian side in Europe last year and according to Squawka.com, he managed to create 14 chances for his team mates, two of which resulted in assists for him. Similarly to Sterling, the Brazilian was very efficient with his passing during the course of the tournament, averaging an 80% passing accuracy. However, he was only able to win 40% of his duels overall. When you look at this in more detail, you see that he had a 52% success rate when taking on opponents, which could be worrying for Liverpool fans when you take their defensive performances into account. One thing is for sure, Rodgers and his scouting team will have plenty of information on him.

Prediction

Liverpool suffered a disappointing defeat to Aston Villa at the weekend and will want to make amends. Promisingly for them, Liverpool have only ever suffered back to back defeats under Brendan Rodgers once, Manchester City away and Chelsea away last season. Ludogorets’ owner has reportedly said that his team have nothing to lose and so we can expect them to have a go at Liverpool on Tuesday. However, I do expect Liverpool to prove too much for the Bulgarians and ultimately win the game 2-0.

http://eplindex.com/58932/liverpool-ludogorets-razgrad-match-preview.html

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014 06:57:27 pm by JD »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Champions League: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad 19.45.BST 16/09/14
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2014 10:53:12 am
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2014 10:57:33 am
      It might sound daft but I can't tell you how much I've missed that piece of music. It finally feels like we've come back home :D
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2014 11:00:19 am
      CL is back where it belongs wooohooooo
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4: Sep 15, 2014 11:34:56 am
      Let's hope Tuesday night is a 100% better atmosphere than Saturday!

CANT WAIT
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #5: Sep 15, 2014 11:41:22 am
      Need a resounding win after the weekend's disappointment and some confidence to take to Upton Park. Would try experimenting a Mario-Rickie duo upfront with a Sterling-Hendo-Lallana-Stevie diamond and the same back 4 as the Villa game.

Migs
      Manquillo-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno
      Stevie
      Hendo-Lallana
      Sterling
      Mario-Lambert

Bench - Jones, Markovic, Coutinho, Borini, Lucas, Toure, Enrique. And yes, we definitely HAVE GOT TO UP THE TEMPO at Anfield.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Sep 15, 2014 11:45:04 am
      Welcome back Champion league, we need a good win :) Nice thread racer!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2014 11:59:21 am
      Lazar suspended for this game and I wouldn't play Stevie again so soon, save him for the weekend.  No Allen or Can so it looks like Lucas will get the shout.

Leave the defence as is, they need as much playing time together as possible.

Balo and Lallana need match fitness so start them both, not sure how Brendan will set us up formation wise but we do seem to play better with 2 up top.  Personally I'd play Borini with Balo rather than Rickie as I believe Borini will stretch the play better and I think Rickie is too similar to Balo.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Sep 15, 2014 12:19:02 pm
      Welcome back Champion league, we need a good win :) Nice thread racer!

I got impatient waiting for you to get it going. :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2014 12:26:29 pm
      Absolutely can't wait! Super hyped! Let's respect our opponents as they are an unknown quantity and you should respect the opponent anyway. But as soon as that whistle blows, let's just hammer them!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2014 12:43:58 pm
      I wouldn't play Stevie again so soon, save him for the weekend

No way Stevie is gonna miss our return to CL after 5 years mate. Might be subbed off early for Lucas if we get a good cushion
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2014 12:50:42 pm
      Really excited for tomorrow's game because I am from Bulgaria where Ludogorets come from. It is a big chance for fans here to see Liverpool live so everybody were really lucky to have this draw. As you may have presumed Bulgarian championship is not particularly good so Ludogorets should not be a tough opposition. The qualification itself was huge heroics and is considered the maximum that can be expected. Ludogorets is a new football club from a small town with few core fans here in Bulgaria but since this is only the second time a Bulgarian club makes it to the Champions League group stage it is looked at as a national success more than a club one. The games in Bulgaria will be played at the national stadium which is expected to be sold out. Many people may support Liverpool because of the huge following of the Premier League and Liverpool in particular. Tomorrow's match should be an easy win for the Reds because of the staggering difference in the class/budgets/experience but still I hope that Ludogorets stand their ground, would not like to see double figures :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2014 12:51:20 pm
      No way Stevie is gonna miss our return to CL after 5 years mate. Might be subbed off early for Lucas if we get a good cushion

Which is why I was surprised to see him start against Villa mate.  Stevie cannot and should not be playing more than one game a week or he'll end up injured and no use to anyone.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2014 01:23:07 pm
      I got impatient waiting for you to get it going. :D

no worries, and also do the champion league live thread since we lost one, someone should do it and i will take back from saturday :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14: Sep 15, 2014 01:27:31 pm
      I want to see something different in our midfield and attack.

Lucas
          Hendo Suso
            Coutinho
      Balo Sterling Lallana
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15: Sep 15, 2014 01:31:52 pm
      Which is why I was surprised to see him start against Villa mate.  Stevie cannot and should not be playing more than one game a week or he'll end up injured and no use to anyone.

I think with Studge missing and Sterling rested, BR didn't have an option but to start Stevie for some 'stability'. Allen & Can weren't there so Lucas was the only possible option. It just wasn't meant to be, and that's why we need a cracking game tomo night before we head to the place where they play 19th century football/park-the-bus-XI
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Sep 15, 2014 01:39:55 pm
      I think with Studge missing and Sterling rested, BR didn't have an option but to start Stevie for some 'stability'. Allen & Can weren't there so Lucas was the only possible option. It just wasn't meant to be, and that's why we need a cracking game tomo night before we head to the place where they play 19th century football/park-the-bus-XI

Perfect storm of injuries.
      Hopefully it doesn't repeat itself.

Sturridge
      Allen
      Can

all out injured.

Risk of Sterling.

3 of the core players out and then the one player in form that you would have wanted to come in also gets injured.
      Sometimes everything that could go wrong does, and last week it did.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Sep 15, 2014 01:50:20 pm

Possibly that was his thinking but if Stevie plays tomorrow I hope he doesn't play at the weekend, we have enough senior players out injured.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2014 01:50:59 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2014 02:27:09 pm
      Lazar suspended for this game and I wouldn't play Stevie again so soon, save him for the weekend.  No Allen or Can so it looks like Lucas will get the shout.

Leave the defence as is, they need as much playing time together as possible.

Balo and Lallana need match fitness so start them both, not sure how Brendan will set us up formation wise but we do seem to play better with 2 up top.  Personally I'd play Borini with Balo rather than Rickie as I believe Borini will stretch the play better and I think Rickie is too similar to Balo.

Similar thoughts myself. Great minds.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #20: Sep 15, 2014 02:29:14 pm
      Let's take out our loyalties to Stevie here and what this means to him.

He could have gone during those baron years and didn't.  Yes...  We all appreciate that.

But this night is bigger than our captain and European nights are unforgiving.

If I was BR then I would let Stevie have this one, but I certainly would not start him against Real.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21: Sep 15, 2014 02:35:39 pm
      Let's take out our loyalties to Stevie here and what this means to him.

He could have gone during those baron years and didn't.  Yes...  We all appreciate that.

But this night is bigger than our captain and European nights are unforgiving.

If I was BR then I would let Stevie have this one, but I certainly would not start him against Real.

I certainly would.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22: Sep 15, 2014 02:50:32 pm
      Similar thoughts myself. Great minds.

Don't know about great minds mate, I pinched the idea from the "football guide for dummies" manual but Brendan is on a much higher plain than that so it'll probably be totally different  :D
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 43 
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2014 03:09:10 pm
      Mignolet

Manquillo
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno

Gerrard (c)

Henderson
      Lallana

Coutinho

Sterling
      Balotelli

Subs: Jones; Toure, Enrique; Lucas; Suso; Lambert, Borini.

3-0 LFC  :kop5cf8koxp6:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Sep 15, 2014 03:18:55 pm
      Got a great feeling about this one, CL returns to Anfield after 5 long yrs and I'm f***in buzzin,
      Dunno F**k all about Ludogorets but who f***in cares, we're gonna batter them, it's their first ever outing at this level so they really are in for a rude awakening,  they will sh*t themselves when they walk out for kickoff, 
                                   Mignolet
             Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno
                                     Gerrard
                  Henderson.               Allen
                                    Coutinho
                            Balotelli. Sterling

I think wee Joe will be fit for this so I'd slot him next to Hendo, Coutinho in the hole behind Raheem and Balo, with Gerrard orchestrating from the back, and have Manquillo & Moreno marauding up and down either flank supporting and supplying we'd have field day,
      Play a high tempo quick pass & move strategy by half time they'll wonder what's f***in hit them, Welcome to Anfield uncle Bulgaria you have just entered Hell.!

5-0 Redmen

YNWA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25: Sep 15, 2014 04:22:03 pm
      Let's not underestimate Ludo ... we may not have heard of them much but if they can get to this stage they're no Mickey. My only fear is if we play they way we did in the last game; gutless and at a walking pace, then we're in for another rude awakening.

BR must drum into the players that the last performance is totally unacceptable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26: Sep 15, 2014 04:33:02 pm
      Got a great feeling about this one, CL returns to Anfield after 5 long yrs and I'm F**kin buzzin,
      Dunno f**k all about Ludogorets but who F**kin cares, we're gonna batter them, it's their first ever outing at this level so they really are in for a rude awakening,  they will sh*t themselves when they walk out for kickoff, 
                                   Mignolet
             Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno
                                     Gerrard
                  Henderson.               Allen
                                    Coutinho
                            Balotelli. Sterling

I think wee Joe will be fit for this so I'd slot him next to Hendo, Coutinho in the hole behind Raheem and Balo, with Gerrard orchestrating from the back, and have Manquillo & Moreno marauding up and down either flank supporting and supplying we'd have field day,
      Play a high tempo quick pass & move strategy by half time they'll wonder what's F**kin hit them, Welcome to Anfield uncle Bulgaria you have just entered Hell.!

5-0 Redmen

YNWA

According to Pearce at the Echo Allen will not be ready for tomorrow but should be ok for the weekend.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Sep 15, 2014 05:50:40 pm
      How good is it to see that thread title........fooking boss

Anfield back on Champions league watch. The place should be rocking! Don't expect this to be easy. They aren't going to be a set of mugs and we seen what can happen if your not at your best on Saturday

Id Go 4 2 4

Mignolet

Manquillo Sakho Lovern Moreno

Gerrard Hendo

Sterling Balotelli Lambert Markovic

Theres no way Stevie wont play in the champions league return. Finally Id love to see a clean sheet. Id take 1 0 just to see a 0 for the opposition!!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #28: Sep 15, 2014 05:56:46 pm
      was playing the CL music while reading the thread and replies.... SO EXCITED!

took a day off work to watch this game!  can not wait! 

Please for the love of all things football, our lads need to be ready for this and be passionate!  the guys from ludo will definitely be guns blazing and I can bet that they would draw motivation and inspiration from the villa game....

we need that first goal and to make sure it happens (disclaimer* joke ahead)

Migs

Lovren

Gerrard

Sterling, markovic, coutinho, balotelli, lambert, can, lallana, hendo

This 1-1-0-8 formation will be flawless.  with mig's natural tendency to hoof the ball... we will have balo and lambert knocking them down from the air to the feet of guys like sterling, lallana, cou.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2014 06:08:49 pm by DaktionLFC »
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #29: Sep 15, 2014 07:06:38 pm
      The only change I'd make is Sterling on for either Lallana (if he needs more time to recover) or Markovic. Get Raheem playing right up next to Mario as a 2nd striker, with Coutinho dropping a bit deeper to help create from midfield. One thing I've noticed is that Coutinho's passing seems to be better when he plays deeper and has more options ahead of him than when he is played at LW or in the hole. Also, him and Henderson can take turns making runs forward.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #30: Sep 15, 2014 07:21:52 pm
      According to Pearce at the Echo Allen will not be ready for tomorrow but should be ok for the weekend.

Ah! That's fu**ed my idea up, oh well just have to play Lallana there instead, still would go at them from the off, don't let the fuckers breath, c'mon Redmen. !!!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #31: Sep 15, 2014 07:29:45 pm
      Let's not underestimate Ludo ... we may not have heard of them much but if they can get to this stage they're no Mickey. My only fear is if we play they way we did in the last game; gutless and at a walking pace, then we're in for another rude awakening.

BR must drum into the players that the last performance is totally unacceptable.

Don't mean any disrespect mate, but we are Liverpool,  5 times winners,  trust me, they will be bricking it coming to us, they deserve their place no doubt,  but the level of class will prevail,  call me a wee arrogant b***ard if you want, just the way I see it,

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2014 08:12:23 pm

Don't mean any disrespect mate, but we are Liverpool,  5 times winners,  trust me, they will be bricking it coming to us, they deserve their place no doubt,  but the level of class will prevail,  call me a wee arrogant b***ard if you want, just the way I see it,

YNWA

Going in to this, or any other Champion's league game thinking it's a nailed on win because "we're Liverpool FC", it's the surest way to loose. Confidence in our abilities tempered by healthy respect for our opponents is how we approach things.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #33: Sep 15, 2014 08:48:27 pm
      Going in to this, or any other Champion's league game thinking it's a nailed on win because "we're Liverpool FC", it's the surest way to loose. Confidence in our abilities tempered by healthy respect for our opponents is how we approach things.

I am confident,  I am respectful,  I'm not playing tho, it's only my positive opinion make of it what you like, so get it up.ye,  ;D

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34: Sep 15, 2014 09:28:54 pm

I am confident,  I am respectful,  I'm not playing tho, it's only my positive opinion make of it what you like, so get it up.ye,  ;D

YNWA

;D can't argue there then :P
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #35: Sep 15, 2014 09:46:23 pm
      That's how the players should approach the game, absolutely. If we as supporters think we should be battering the opposition team though then it's our prerogative to say so.

Not that I do think we'll batter Ludogorets in all honesty.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36: Sep 15, 2014 09:49:43 pm
      Thank F**k for this game coming so quickly, the less I dwell on the Villa game the better.

Great to have CL footy back.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #37: Sep 15, 2014 10:01:47 pm
      ---------------Mignolet--------------
      Manquillo--Lovren-Sahko--Moreno
      ----------------Gerrard--------------
      -----Henderson------Countinho-----
      ----------------Sterling--------------
      ---------Balotelli-----Lallana--------
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Sep 15, 2014 10:21:25 pm
      Great to be back in the Champions League again...
      can I also say how amazing Anfield looks under floodlights with all the CL banners around the stands and the touchline..
      Lets hope the Anfield European roar puts the sh*t up the Bulgarians.. I'm sure it will..
      Get a good result tomorrow night and it will be like a shot in the arm for our new squads confidence..

Please tell me I don't have to endure that cock Tildsley & his even bigger cock of a mate Townsend talking sh*t throughout
      the game on ITV !!?
      bring back Gerald Sindstat ! ;D

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #39: Sep 15, 2014 10:26:15 pm
      Cant wait to hear that music blast out through the PA system again.

I'm sitting in the Lower Centenary for the first time since 1987 (my first ever game and when it was the Kemlyn Rd).

Hope we can put right the last two home games atmosphere wise and lets show the footballing world that Anfield can still be a magical place.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Sep 15, 2014 10:32:45 pm

I'm sitting in the Lower Centenary for the first time since 1987 (my first ever game and when it was the Kemlyn Rd).

Hope we can put right the last two home games atmosphere wise and lets show the footballing world that Anfield can still be a magical place.

I've suddenly become very jealous...

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Sep 15, 2014 10:58:35 pm
      If we don't win this fairly comfortably then I'll start getting a bit worried
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #42: Sep 15, 2014 11:00:59 pm
      ITS BACK!

Just a quick point first, with Henderson being announced as new vice-captain tonight, is anyone thinking that Gerrard may be dropped for tomorrow? Just me starting speculation, but it would be the right time to announce the new VC before hes gonna be captain for the first time.

Anyway, with Markovic banned, Skrtel, Allen and Sturridge all injured I think it'll be

Mignolet
                    Manquillo   Lovren   Sakho   Moreno
                                        Lucas
                               Henderson   Lallana
                             Sterling           Coutinho
                                        Balotelli

Jones; Toure, Enrique; Gerrard, Suso; Borini, Lambert

Don't know barely anything about the opposition, but a high-scoring win would be nice.
      Going with 3-0, Balotelli x2 + Lovren
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Sep 15, 2014 11:02:29 pm
      There's going to be a Kop Mosaic for this, our 5 European Cups.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Sep 15, 2014 11:21:16 pm
      CL is back!
      So frickin happy and excited.
      Let's not underestimate or patronize any team we face in the CL.
      Would go for:
      Mig
      Manquillo
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno
      Gerrard
      Henderson
      Lallana
      Sterling
      Lambert
      Balotelli
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #45: Sep 15, 2014 11:21:45 pm
      Predict a 3-0 win. Lambert, Mario and Lovren.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #46: Sep 15, 2014 11:23:59 pm
      Don't know about great minds mate, I pinched the idea from the "football guide for dummies" manual but Brendan is on a much higher plain than that so it'll probably be totally different  :D

:D
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #47: Sep 15, 2014 11:27:47 pm
      We need to play two up top and start off the campaign with a win. We've been struggling in 3 out of our 4 games to create real chances starting with 1 up front so I'd try Lambert with Balotelli. Coutinho and Sterling to start also.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #48: Sep 15, 2014 11:28:38 pm

YNWA

Agreed we're a better team, we're playing at Anfield but my fear is we have so many new boys that may not fully understand what sort of performance is needed that will be acceptable when playing at Anfield. We must maul whoever that comes along to Anfield and must not allow them to come out alive. Starting with this game.

If we could start a game with that mentality, we could have won 1/2 the game before it started.

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014 12:03:46 am by redkop63 »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Sep 15, 2014 11:35:38 pm

See you tomorrow night Kelv....been waiting for this for 5 long years and boy does it feel good to be back.....Champions League nights back at Anfield, that music coupled with YNWA will have the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

I'm in the back of the KOP singing loud and proud to send the redmen onto victory, hope to win by a good few goals, but nothing should be taken for granted, I'm sure Brendan and the backroom staff will have done their homework.....stay calm and focused lads, we have a point to prove after Saturday.

YNWA

In Brendan we trust
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #50: Sep 15, 2014 11:39:22 pm
      Great to be back, just gotta win this, and win it with style, convincingly.
      Send out a warning that the Villa game was just a hiccup.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Sep 16, 2014 12:29:47 am
      Got tingles just reading the OP. Can't F***ing wait for this.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Sep 16, 2014 12:50:01 am
      Got tingles just reading the OP. Can't f**king wait for this.

As did I mate sat in the office with goosebumps can't wait for this.

I think it's a 4:45am start for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #53: Sep 16, 2014 01:01:57 am
      As did I mate sat in the office with goosebumps can't wait for this.

I think it's a 4:45am start for us.

Think it is too bud. Got Wednesday and Thursday off as well mate. Nice.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Sep 16, 2014 01:17:55 am
      Think it is too bud. Got Wednesday and Thursday off as well mate. Nice.

Lucky duck, you.

Straight into work for me.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #55: Sep 16, 2014 02:14:15 am
      Lucky duck, you.

Straight into work for me.

Feel your pain mate, did that Sunday morning after the Villa game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #56: Sep 16, 2014 09:16:18 am
      Well its finally here we will be feasting at the top table of European football again after a long over due absence. Good time to work off the hangover of Villa.
      BTW Great OP
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Sep 16, 2014 09:52:29 am
      Melissa Reddy @1stLadyOfFooty  1m
      Feels like a lifetime ago, but 1742 days to be exact. #LFC's last #UCL match in Dec 09. Only Gerrard & Skrtel remain

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #58: Sep 16, 2014 11:52:57 am
      Gonna miss this game and no way of hiding from the score as I won't be back where I can watch the recording till tomorrow night. Hopefully an impressive performance to send a message. We're BACK!!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Sep 16, 2014 12:54:53 pm
      Can't wait. All those pre-season targets, finish in the top4, get back to the CL - it's been a long enough road, but we're back :)
      Fair play to BR and the lads, this is were we want to be.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #60: Sep 16, 2014 12:57:24 pm
      Any kind of win will do. Reckon we need 10 pts to get out of the group, so minimum need is 2 home wins and a draw and one away win.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #61: Sep 16, 2014 01:01:16 pm
      5-0
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #62: Sep 16, 2014 01:11:40 pm
      Oh-My-f***in God, I'm as twitchy as F**k, can't settle at all, got butterflies trampolining in my guts, I'm 53 FFS, should  I be feeling like this at my age ?

Not working today, I'd f***in crash if I was,
      Watching 'God' on lfctv, right now the kids are on later, followed by the '05' CL dvd,  then the Return of the mighty Reds in Europe,

I'M f***in BUZZIN!!!!!!!!

YNWA

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: Sep 16, 2014 01:15:05 pm
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #64: Sep 16, 2014 01:47:38 pm
      We need to win this game with comfortable margin so to recover our mentality. I will leave todays thread for others. First of all, my superstitious is that if we lose a game I will be leave the next one to other plus I'm unavailable for this match. Will not watch the first 30minutes :(
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #65: Sep 16, 2014 02:22:09 pm
      We are back in the big time.

Now need to kick on actually realise we are in a competition and compete, not think we have already made it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #66: Sep 16, 2014 02:26:16 pm
      I've been humming and whistling the CL theme all day. Needless to say, people around me are getting irritated - but F**k THEM!

Our team is back amongst the elite, where we belong, and we'll be there to try and win it.
      Bier
      Reply #67: Sep 16, 2014 02:34:02 pm
      Finally back where we belong. We all know how important this is, but it's a big thing for all of football. Just read a big article on the Dutch equivalent of BBC news, the title reads: Liverpool back in the CL after 1742 days. It's been too long, so excited we're back!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #68: Sep 16, 2014 02:45:45 pm

Oh-My-f***in God, I'm as twitchy as f**k, can't settle at all, got butterflies trampolining in my guts, I'm 53 FFS, should  I be feeling like this at my age ?

Not working today, I'd F**kin crash if I was,
      Watching 'God' on lfctv, right now the kids are on later, followed by the '05' CL dvd,  then the Return of the mighty Reds in Europe,

YNWA

You probably need a few cans to help you relax while your watching the 05 game. Mind you with another 5 hours to go might not be a good idea! :drink: :drink:

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #69: Sep 16, 2014 04:33:32 pm
      Need a few big results so we can believe and convince the haters we are not lost without Suarez. We have enough quality in this squad to play the exact same fast pace aggressive footie we played last season - even without goal scorers, teams cant handle it.

Hating this season so far and thank f**k for this game/cup!

Come on lets murder these and hopefully there is an AMAZING atmosphere in Anfield. Heard the Villa fans were chanting "this place is like a library" on sat. Not good.

Believe in ourselves and we can do just as well if not better than last season.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #70: Sep 16, 2014 04:39:35 pm
      Ludogorets will apparently be starting with a Canadian keeper they signed just last week due to suspension and injury to their first choice pair.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/milan-borjan-set-to-face-liverpool-in-champions-league-match-1.2767622
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Sep 16, 2014 04:48:31 pm
      Ludogorets will apparently be starting with a Canadian keeper they signed just last week due to suspension and injury to their first choice pair.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/milan-borjan-set-to-face-liverpool-in-champions-league-match-1.2767622

2 nights ago apparently. 1st and 2nd choice were out injured. BR mentioned it in his presser. How the hell were they allowed to do that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: Sep 16, 2014 05:11:43 pm
      2 nights ago apparently. 1st and 2nd choice were out injured. BR mentioned it in his presser. How the hell were they allowed to do that.

I think, if the squad is small enough, you're allowed one or two emergency signings.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #73: Sep 16, 2014 05:19:03 pm
      On my way to the game. Excitement and nerves building. If things aren't going our way, tension in crowd will probably start to increase.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #74: Sep 16, 2014 05:20:30 pm
      Can someone elaborate as to why Markovic is suspended? Surely not for picking up a yellow against Villa?
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #75: Sep 16, 2014 05:26:24 pm
      I have laid down the law at my company about employees watching streaming video at work...and what am I planning to do today? 

If I keep my office door closed and say I have some important calls to make for a couple hours...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #76: Sep 16, 2014 05:32:55 pm

You probably need a few cans to help you relax while your watching the 05 game. Mind you with another 5 hours to go might not be a good idea! :drink: :drink:

Yeah, sounds a great idea mate, got a few beers cooling nicely, yeah F**k it, time to crack them open,

Cheers N Beers,

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #77: Sep 16, 2014 05:33:56 pm
      Can someone elaborate as to why Markovic is suspended? Surely not for picking up a yellow against Villa?

He got sent for Benfica while sitting on the bench for violent conduct if I remember, not sure of exactly what he did. I like the guy's attitude  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #78: Sep 16, 2014 05:34:06 pm

He got a straight red in last seasons Europa league semi final mate.  Missed the final, tonight and will miss the Basel game.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #79: Sep 16, 2014 05:40:50 pm
      Getting properly excited now!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #80: Sep 16, 2014 05:59:09 pm
      Gonna get me stream up and started a little earlier tonight, gotta be a cracking atmosphere for sure and I can't wait to hear that CL music again!  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #81: Sep 16, 2014 06:10:30 pm
      Expect a strong line up and a vast improvement on the weekend. Let's make our first game back a positive one.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #82: Sep 16, 2014 06:11:00 pm
      Got in early the beers are going down nicely. Fans slowly coming in absolutely buzzin 4 this back in CL. Hope all u fellow kopites r gunna come out horse from the singing. Lets show Europe what they've been missing. COME ON YOU REDMEN YNWA.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #83: Sep 16, 2014 06:18:11 pm

If i remember correctly, Vucinic and someone from Benfica got in a fight and Markovic went to Vucinic and tried to calm him (as they know each other as one is Serb and other Montenegro) and for some reason referee sent off both of them.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Sep 16, 2014 06:20:12 pm
      In effin work but should see some of the first half - don't want to appear selfish but I hope that's when we score all our goals. >:D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #85: Sep 16, 2014 06:24:22 pm
      Let's get the bad taste from Saturday out of our mouths and get a good win under our belts.

Be good match time for the new players while helping us get up to speed with the more established players now that the stop start of the beginning of the season is over (international breaks, match practice).
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #86: Sep 16, 2014 06:32:13 pm
      Just saw the starting XI and I hope that we go out there using a 4-3-1-2 instead of the 4-2-3-1... Had enough of one striker thing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #87: Sep 16, 2014 06:32:26 pm
      COME ON YOU REDMEN!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #88: Sep 16, 2014 06:35:47 pm
      Starting 11: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Balotelli.
      Subs: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lucas, Suso, Borini, Lambert.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #89: Sep 16, 2014 06:36:06 pm
      Damn your optimism mate I've predicted the same score and wanted the 7pts to myself in the prediction league ;)

Oh-My-f***in God, I'm as twitchy as f**k, can't settle at all, got butterflies trampolining in my guts, I'm 53 FFS, should  I be feeling like this at my age ?

Not working today, I'd F**kin crash if I was,

YNWA

I'm the same mate, age, butterflies, the lot !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #90: Sep 16, 2014 06:57:07 pm
      Pre Match Topic Locked.

In game and Post Match here - http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,46763.0.html

Quick Reply