Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

New vice captain -Jordan Henderson

Read 6681 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      New vice captain -Jordan Henderson
      Sep 15, 2014 10:43:48 pm
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: New vice captain -Jordan Henderson
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2014 10:57:38 pm
      Congrats to the lad.  Granted he got a lot of stick the first season or so due to his transfer fee, but I think Its been proven that he is one of our most influential players. The lad will run through brick walls and that's what we need in a leader. 
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2014 11:07:02 pm
      Great news and well deserved for the lad. He has got some incredible mental strength.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2014 11:26:47 pm
      Absolutely over the moon to hear this news....always knew he had something special, he wasn't the under 21's Captain for nothing, defended him to the hilt when he was getting so much stick at Anfield, he's turned things around and got his just reward.

Well done Jordan, you will learn from the best and one day take over from Stevie as Captain of Liverpool Football Club.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2014 06:51:43 am
      Well in Jordan! ! Who thought after the first season that Hendo will be our vice-captain and possible future captain
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #5: Sep 16, 2014 07:46:37 am
      What a turnaround! Well done Hendo lad. May you lift the PL, CL and FA regularly after Ste G retires.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #6: Sep 16, 2014 08:00:44 am
      I don't get this one.  Think it's a bit premature to be honest.  Henderson signed in the summer of 2011 and he only started to come good around December of last year, 2013.  So that was more than two years where he was truly, horridly wretched.  And less than one year of playing really well.  I think his breakout game was away at Spurs when we thumped them 5-0, Stevie was injured that day and Henderson had to step up, and he did.  And he has been brilliant since then.  But that's not even a full season!  that's December, the second half of last season, and now two weeks of this season.  I would hope that to become vice-captain of Liverpool Football Club, you'd have to play consistently well for more than half a season.  Let's hope he does.  But I think it just says more about the other players than it does about Henderson.  I can't really think of anyone else qualified but that's not really saying much. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #7: Sep 16, 2014 08:44:11 am
      Fed you are a serious neg head you cant even be bothered to congratulate the lad instead state he only got it because no one else was good enough.

Its not good for your health to be so miserable and negative all the tme. Have some positive thoughts once in a while..........
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #8: Sep 16, 2014 08:52:08 am
      Have some positive thoughts once in a while..........

it's not a negative thought, I just wish we had more players deserving of it than someone who has only been playing well for the club for about 6 months.  Agger had served many seasons and proven his quality year in and year out.  But now that he's gone, given the amount of turnover in the last few seasons, there's really no one left who is actually qualified.  After Stevie it's a big step down.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #9: Sep 16, 2014 08:57:18 am
      I don't get this one.  Think it's a bit premature to be honest.  Henderson signed in the summer of 2011 and he only started to come good around December of last year, 2013.  So that was more than two years where he was truly, horridly wretched.  And less than one year of playing really well.  I think his breakout game was away at Spurs when we thumped them 5-0, Stevie was injured that day and Henderson had to step up, and he did.  And he has been brilliant since then.  But that's not even a full season!  that's December, the second half of last season, and now two weeks of this season.  I would hope that to become vice-captain of Liverpool Football Club, you'd have to play consistently well for more than half a season.  Let's hope he does.  But I think it just says more about the other players than it does about Henderson.  I can't really think of anyone else qualified but that's not really saying much. 
      There's only one part of the waffle we need to know about.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #10: Sep 16, 2014 09:12:26 am
      Well deserved, after a a bad start in his LIVERPOOL career, he bounced back and now He is a VERY important Player to the team
       We miss him when he does not play, Last 3 games of last season showed it

Congrats Jordan,

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Sep 16, 2014 09:14:31 am
      Many would say he was our best player after Suarez last season!
      I'm sorry Henderson has proved your lack of faith in him wrong, but the fact he is one of the first names on the team sheet proves just how important he is to us.
      He does as much if not more motivating of the players as Stevie, and is more influential on the field.
      Hendo was my choice for VC, but I would have had no problem with Skrtel getting it.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #12: Sep 16, 2014 09:29:40 am
      so happy for Henderson. He fully deserv it, always giving 120% and it is the example to follow in a pitch as well as off it.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #13: Sep 16, 2014 09:58:26 am
      Staggering to be honest. Henderson is a "good" player. But a good player doesn't even get you into Champs Lge. He is an athlete who is still learning his game. There are a lot of players around who are at his level TBH.

To think he is considered the "2nd most capable" of being captain is a substantial warning sign.
      I'd have chosen Lovren and he's by no means ideal because he's only just arrived. And isn't that experienced himself. I'm not even sure how much of a job Gerrard can do these days. And Skrtel isnt even a guaranteed starter.

So basically, we have an experience free squad more or less.
      Great for buying players, watching their value go up and then selling them, but for winning trophies this is NOT the accepted way to go about it! People can dress it up any way they want, but I agree with Rodgers "1/3rd of the budget of some of our competitors".
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Sep 16, 2014 10:00:02 am
      Well done Jordan, great news. YNWA.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15: Sep 16, 2014 10:01:09 am
      Is he vocal? Does he command tactically? Does he have sublime vision? Year in year out top quality ie world class performances? Has he won lots of trophies? Been the veteran of many historic battles?

If LFC is a "world class club" surely it deserves a world class vice captain? I dont think anyone in football would describe the young and developing Henderson as "world class".
      I think we're being short changed.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #16: Sep 16, 2014 10:05:39 am
      Is he vocal? Does he command tactically? Does he have sublime vision? Year in year out top quality ie world class performances? Has he won lots of trophies? Been the veteran of many historic battles?

If LFC is a "world class club" surely it deserves a world class vice captain? I dont think anyone in football would describe the young and developing Henderson as "world class".   I think we're being short changed.

You're not wrong about any of that but people aren't going to like it. 

I think Lovren is even less qualified however.  He's played three games for us! 

The reality is none of them are qualified to be captain of a club like ours.  Giving VC to Henderson after his having essentially half a good season---a really good one but still, it's... half a season---waters down the idea of what it means to be our captain.  When Stevie became captain he was already world-class and one of the top players in the world.  If Stevie gets injured or drops in form, that would mean Henderson is our new captain. 

I don't know.  It's just a different Liverpool now than even 5 or 6 years ago when we had Xabi and Stevie and Masch all in their prime.  We don't have one single world-class midfielder in his prime right now.  That makes you think.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17: Sep 16, 2014 10:25:36 am
      :dunce2:

For F**k's sake Mods  - "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #18: Sep 16, 2014 10:30:53 am
      You're not wrong about any of that but people aren't going to like it. 

I think Lovren is even less qualified however.  He's played three games for us! 

The reality is none of them are qualified to be captain of a club like ours.  Giving VC to Henderson after his having essentially half a good season---a really good one but still, it's... half a season---waters down the idea of what it means to be our captain.  When Stevie became captain he was already world-class and one of the top players in the world.  If Stevie gets injured or drops in form, that would mean Henderson is our new captain. 

I don't know.  It's just a different Liverpool now than even 5 or 6 years ago when we had Xabi and Stevie and Masch all in their prime.  We don't have one single world-class midfielder in his prime right now.  That makes you think.

Yes, and we dont have one world class midfielder full stop right now, IMO. Or defender or keeper.
      Sturridge has a claim to world class, Sterling is one of the great *youngsters* of world football, and Balotelli's claim has question marks.
      This yr we will really find out how much Luis was responsible for our league performance.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #19: Sep 16, 2014 11:30:15 am

To be honest we do not have a regular starting player (except Gerrard) in our squad that has those things.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #20: Sep 16, 2014 11:55:21 am
      Congratulations Jordan, much deserved!

:clap:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #21: Sep 16, 2014 12:00:40 pm
      Yes, and we dont have one world class midfielder full stop right now, IMO. Or defender or keeper.Sturridge has a claim to world class, Sterling is one of the great *youngsters* of world football, and Balotelli's claim has question marks.This yr we will really find out how much Luis was responsible for our league performance

You're not wrong about any of that but people aren't going to like it.  I think Lovren is even less qualified however.  He's played three games for us!  The reality is none of them are qualified to be captain of a club like ours.  Giving VC to Henderson after his having essentially half a good season---a really good one but still, it's... half a season---waters down the idea of what it means to be our captain.  When Stevie became captain he was already world-class and one of the top players in the world.  If Stevie gets injured or drops in form, that would mean Henderson is our new captain.  I don't know.  It's just a different Liverpool now than even 5 or 6 years ago when we had Xabi and Stevie and Masch all in their prime.  We don't have one single world-class midfielder in his prime right now.  That makes you think.

It's lovely to share your thoughts, both of you, however, I'm struggling to see how this helps in any way? Unfortunately we haven't had the luxury of having a top midfielder serving us alongside Stevie over a long period of time because we lost Alonso and Macherano due to the yankee cancers if you remember.

I have always been a fan of Agger, however, over the past 2 seasons, he's been injured on and off and when he last played for us, he looked massively off the pace. I couldn't argue with his departure.

We also lost Torres when he was, as proven, on the decline. Suarez left becuase he was desparate to playe for Barca and got us a huge pay packet as a result, so nothing could have been done about that either. Even if we spent all of that 75m on one replacement, could they have become captain or vice captain so soon? Don't think so.

So, what I am saying, is that we are where we are and Rogers has only really been bulding the club for the past 2 seasons, very short space of time for him to come up with the ideal mountain of a captain-in waiting, you keep moaning about us not having.

I do agree that there aren't too many options, but that's not BR or the current owner's fault. However, I think Hendo is an excellent choice for a VC and he will grow even more over time. In Lovren, BR has also bought a future captain, but he will need a couple of seasons to earn that.

So, enough with the whinging, we needed a new VC and the right man got it. Congrats to Hendo, he deserves it.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #22: Sep 16, 2014 12:21:30 pm
      I don't like the negativity on here one bit. This guy has been superb for us, even at the start he didn't duck or feign injury. He is now picking out passes like Stevie in his prime and is one of the first names on the team sheet.
      We missed him sorely at the back end of last season didn't we?

Well deserved Jordan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #23: Sep 16, 2014 12:30:50 pm
      Seems like a nice lad from a northern, working class family by all accounts. He might not be a scouser but we've had a lot of success with men from that neck of the woods down the years.

He's got where he's got through hard work and the right attitude.

As a player he's integral to what we do and what we do is at a very high level. There aren't many who we could sign to genuinely improve on him. It's a small pool of elite players with big price tags.

I'm all for Rodgers meritocracy as it breeds it's own success stories. This is one of the biggest.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Sep 16, 2014 12:45:34 pm
      Congratulations Jordan, fully deserved Imo,  I had previously mentioned Lovren as VC and genuinely thought Brendan would have handed it to him, but I'm equally happy with this appointment, 

Fed & American plank, what's wrong with you pair,  both of you are talking out of your arses,  most on this forum will/are happy with this, 

Just goes to show the level of so called support we have in these boards,  a couple of numpties, the pair of ye's.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25: Sep 16, 2014 01:08:44 pm
      Your man is deemed talented enough for the national side, he commands automatic selection on match day, his work rate is above and beyond acceptable, he has battled adversity and continues to be a credit to himself and his club.
      Anything but praise for the lad is no more than cynical sniping with an underlying agenda.

You know who you are.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2764 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Sep 16, 2014 01:15:38 pm
      Congrats to Jordan well deserved cant think of anyone better placed to take the role

Funny though to see who found a negative in it. Must have a huge effect on there lives Jordan being vice captain that they had to moan about it rather then wish him well. Wouldnt expect anything else though

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Sep 16, 2014 01:18:42 pm
      Congrats!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Fully deserved!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Sep 16, 2014 01:39:07 pm
      Congrats to Jordan well deserved cant think of anyone better placed to take the role

Funny though to see who found a negative in it. Must have a huge effect on there lives Jordan being vice captain that they had to moan about it rather then wish him well. Wouldnt expect anything else though

Only a none-Liverpool supporter would see any negativity in the appointment mate.

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #29: Sep 16, 2014 01:40:03 pm

Amen to that!  This will give the lad such a boost of confidence.  Looking forward to seeing him step his game up even further. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #30: Sep 16, 2014 01:43:00 pm
      I remember the time when a young lad being made vice captain would be greeted with only praise and congratulations.

Miss those days.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 16, 2014 01:46:11 pm
      Only a none-Liverpool supporter would see any negativity in the appointment mate.

Not everybody has to have the same opinion on players.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Sep 16, 2014 01:51:32 pm
      Well done Henderson  :scarf: :scarf: He deserved it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2014 02:00:35 pm

That's the attitude Jim love your support for our players....!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2014 02:00:46 pm

True, but a failure to acknowledge Henderson's undoubted achievements is churlish at best and completely lacking in footballing judgement at the other end of the scale.
      There are very few credible LFC supporters who fit the latter description.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2014 02:15:27 pm
      True, but a failure to acknowledge Henderson's undoubted achievements is churlish at best and completely lacking in footballing judgement at the other end of the scale.
      There are very few credible LFC supporters who fit the latter description.

You seem to think if you don't think like you it's not credible. Henderson has done well to improve on a poor start at the club. He's not a world beater yet though. We missed him at the end of last season but that was down to very bad judgement. He's played well and poor in different games this season.  Going well ott is the sign of some fans these days.If it helps his development it's a good move but there's still a lot to do.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2014 02:22:36 pm
      Delighted he got it.

Just shows what hard work over the past 2 years can do for you.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Sep 16, 2014 02:40:21 pm
      You seem to think if you don't think like you it's not credible. Henderson has done well to improve on a poor start at the club. He's not a world beater yet though. We missed him at the end of last season but that was down to very bad judgement. He's played well and poor in different games this season.  Going well ott is the sign of some fans these days.If it helps his development it's a good move but there's still a lot to do.

If you want to analyse Hendo's form and development, please go to the player section. This thread is not about that, it's about congratulating someone with a new responsibility. To be honest, I'd congratulate whoever got the job because that's the Liverpool way.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion mate, but you're posting it on the wrong thread. Let's keep things positive for Hendo here.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #38: Sep 16, 2014 02:42:06 pm

The vast majority of replies in this thread do appear to coincide with my opinion of Henderson, logically that would lead to the assumption that there is an agreement of opinion - I think like them/they think like me - not incredible at all.
      He is an international player and on the team sheet every week, any improvement is a bonus.
      Make no mistake if Jordan has any aspect of his game that can be nurtured - he will hunt it down.   
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Sep 16, 2014 02:46:24 pm
      Come on Hendo my san. Excellent appointment and one that will last a very long time. Gerrard will undoubtedly miss/rest a few games this season, maybe even tonight, and I cant wait to see how Jordan steps up.

Excellent work!
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 16, 2014 03:15:43 pm
      The vast majority of replies in this thread do appear to coincide with my opinion of Henderson, logically that would lead to the assumption that there is an agreement of opinion - I think like them/they think like me - not incredible at all.
      He is an international player and on the team sheet every week, any improvement is a bonus.
      Make no mistake if Jordan has any aspect of his game that can be nurtured - he will hunt it down.

I wouldn't run away with the idea that all football wisdom resides on these boards. I don't think I've slagged him in any way   I'm just saying he's got a long way ahead to be a top player although his progress is good.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2764 
      Reply #41: Sep 16, 2014 04:51:51 pm

No Jim they wont. But the least any so called supporter would do is at least wish the player in question the best of luck in his new role. Not p*ss and moan about it, and again as per usual with the usual suspects on here the p*ssing and moaning is done before the player has even stepped foot on the pitch in his new role. And its a regular occurrence on all topics with the same shitehawks
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,108 posts | 2764 
      Reply #42: Sep 16, 2014 04:52:54 pm

I wouldn't run away with the idea that all football wisdom resides on these boards. .

Your right there, theres loads of tossers on these forums
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #43: Sep 16, 2014 05:17:34 pm
      I remember the time when a young lad being made vice captain would be greeted with only praise and congratulations.

Miss those days.

Well if we're gonna quote the Liverpool Way, at our peak, a player would stay at the club til he reached 30 odd. Certainly never get sold off. He'd rarely start a game before 20 or 21. And he wouldn't be considered standin captain for a LONG time.

Hansen, Souness, Gerrard, Reina, Suarez, Thompson, Alonso, Carra, Hyypia, Hughes, Smith, Yeats. Thse are some of our captns and vice-captains. If anyone thinks Jordan has done enought to be considered alongside some of these names, then he must be on drugs.

I like Jordan, he comes over as a decent bloke, he works hard, he doesnt mess around on the piss. BUT he is a young player who SHOULD get better. He has not developed the aura or experience to be a standin captain of a global club. And thats a FACT.

I'm pleased for him as an individual, but much more, I am concerned for the state of the club. I'm a Liverpool fan, more than a Jordan fan.

The only "whiners" are our owners who pretend we cant afford to sign someone over 25yrs old. And the ones who cant handle glaringly obvious facts stated on an internet forum. I think some of the posters in this thread must have come over from Rawk, on the orders of Marty McFly himself...

Even Rodgers is starting to make observations on the topic. I'm out of this thread. If some people choose to argue black is white, then I pity them. I certainly cant be bothered to argue the truth with them, if they just cant accept it. Now get back to your Elton John style hissy fits, Jordan superfans... :roll:
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #44: Sep 16, 2014 05:30:24 pm
      Well deserved IMO. Stuck up for him from day one. Future England captain as well. Has the right attitude to succeed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #45: Sep 16, 2014 05:43:43 pm
      How pivotal is this lad to us?

The difference between winning and losing a league championship in my humble opinion.

Well in kid - proud of you and chuffed for you.

Thoroughly deserved.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46: Sep 16, 2014 05:50:17 pm
      Be a massive boost for the lad.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #47: Sep 16, 2014 06:08:35 pm
      Well if we're gonna quote the Liverpool Way, at our peak, a player would stay at the club til he reached 30 odd. Certainly never get sold off. He'd rarely start a game before 20 or 21. And he wouldn't be considered standin captain for a LONG time.Hansen, Souness, Gerrard, Reina, Suarez, Thompson, Alonso, Carra, Hyypia, Hughes, Smith, Yeats. Thse are some of our captns and vice-captains. If anyone thinks Jordan has done enought to be considered alongside some of these names, then he must be on drugs.I like Jordan, he comes over as a decent bloke, he works hard, he doesnt mess around on the piss. BUT he is a young player who SHOULD get better. He has not developed the aura or experience to be a standin captain of a global club. And thats a FACT.I'm pleased for him as an individual, but much more, I am concerned for the state of the club. I'm a Liverpool fan, more than a Jordan fan.The only "whiners" are our owners who pretend we cant afford to sign someone over 25yrs old. And the ones who cant handle glaringly obvious facts stated on an internet forum. I think some of the posters in this thread must have come over from Rawk, on the orders of Marty McFly himself... Even Rodgers is starting to make observations on the topic. I'm out of this thread. If some people choose to argue black is white, then I pity them. I certainly cant be bothered to argue the truth with them, if they just cant accept it. Now get back to your Elton John style hissy fits, Jordan superfans...

Oh wise one, who should we have appointed? Enlighten us with your manly and wise views, which don't come across as condescending and negative at all. I'll put away my Elton John sunglasses and stop having a hissy fit and let you spread your worldy views on all of us dominions who are clearly in the dark about what's really happening to the club.

For one moment, stop bringing everyone down...just for one post, please!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #48: Sep 16, 2014 06:16:45 pm

Is correct mate and it will stand him in good stead when he eventually dons the mantle proper.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #49: Sep 16, 2014 06:22:51 pm
      Some may think he lacks a certain level of talent, I disagree, he's ready and has been pinging those classy passes for a good while now.
      I think he thrives more when Gerrard isn't even playing,
      Henderson will go from strength to strength.. I've heard he's very dedicated in his personal life, his mates say he is obsessed andor doesn't take it as a joke  having the chance to be a professional footballer.
      He's the only choice for vice captain.
      The less we see of Gerrard the more Henderson will grow in stature/confidence.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________
      AmericanPlant you wrote the following;

'Hansen, Souness, Gerrard, Reina, Suarez, Thompson, Alonso, Carra, Hyypia, Hughes, Smith, Yeats. Thse are some of our captns and vice-captains. If anyone thinks Jordan has done enought to be considered alongside some of these names, then he must be on drugs.'

I say- what American plants have you been smoking over there?

He's the hardest working player in our team aside from Sterling (sometimes).
      He does the work that goes unnoticed and is in the first 11 all of the games he's available.

He is EXACTLY what captain material is supposed to be.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #50: Sep 16, 2014 06:28:59 pm
       Well deserved, and I agree Stuey, it will stand him in good stead for the proper mantle.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #51: Sep 16, 2014 10:31:56 pm
      Well if we're gonna quote the Liverpool Way

Pretty sure I never mentioned 'The Liverpool Way' in that post you quoted mate.

I just remember a time when all Liverpool fans would be happy for a young lad who has come through a tough time at the club was made vice captain.

Maybe just me though.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #52: Sep 17, 2014 05:06:38 am
      Really happy for the lad and the right appointment imo.  BR  has a young squad.. BR has shown that youth players can make it big like sterling.  BR has also shown the world that if you have what it takes on and off the pitch... you can one day lead LFC to glory. 

I fail to see any possible downside with hendo.  We see the lad through the tv screen for 90 minutes a week and some people can feel he isnt good enough to be vc of our club.   I believe in BR.. and I have said it before... I am starting to see more of gerrard in hendo... wouldnt be surprised if stevie has taken him under his wing tbh.   

Congrats again hendo!  Continue to work hard and become a legend for us!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #53: Sep 18, 2014 03:34:05 pm
      Very happy with this. Has to be one of the first names on the team-sheet for me. Anyone slagging him off must be blind.

Well done Hendo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: Sep 18, 2014 04:46:35 pm
      Anyone slagging him off must be blind.

Haven't seen anyone slagging him off.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #55: Sep 18, 2014 05:43:57 pm
      I don't get this one.  Think it's a bit premature to be honest.  Henderson signed in the summer of 2011 and he only started to come good around December of last year, 2013.  So that was more than two years where he was truly, horridly wretched.   

No chance you can get away with that argument as he was, as I said then, playing out of position when he was at the right of midfield. You then went on to adamantly insist that he was a right midfielder as you can see.... here:

Okay so.... let me get this straight...

He played right midfield at Sunderland... and was bought to play right midfield here....

But apparently his best position is CM....

So mate get fu**ed with your argument now because you've been proven wrong about where he's meant to be playing, so his poor performances at the start of his days here which you referred to can easily be accredited to playing being forced to play wide right when it was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a footballing brain that he was a CM. And as you said he's had a really good time for the last 1-2 seasons and that, more than anything else, is down to him playing in the center for an extended period of time instead of "where he was bought to play" as you put it.

Well played Jordan, perseverance and hard work pay off, you've earned the job more than any other at the club and that IS saying something in my books.

Quick Reply