Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

New vice captain -Jordan Henderson

Read 6682 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: New vice captain -Jordan Henderson
      Reply #23: Sep 16, 2014 12:30:50 pm
      Seems like a nice lad from a northern, working class family by all accounts. He might not be a scouser but we've had a lot of success with men from that neck of the woods down the years.

He's got where he's got through hard work and the right attitude.

As a player he's integral to what we do and what we do is at a very high level. There aren't many who we could sign to genuinely improve on him. It's a small pool of elite players with big price tags.

I'm all for Rodgers meritocracy as it breeds it's own success stories. This is one of the biggest.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,909 posts | 4976 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Sep 16, 2014 12:45:34 pm
      Congratulations Jordan, fully deserved Imo,  I had previously mentioned Lovren as VC and genuinely thought Brendan would have handed it to him, but I'm equally happy with this appointment, 

Fed & American plank, what's wrong with you pair,  both of you are talking out of your arses,  most on this forum will/are happy with this, 

Just goes to show the level of so called support we have in these boards,  a couple of numpties, the pair of ye's.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25: Sep 16, 2014 01:08:44 pm
      Your man is deemed talented enough for the national side, he commands automatic selection on match day, his work rate is above and beyond acceptable, he has battled adversity and continues to be a credit to himself and his club.
      Anything but praise for the lad is no more than cynical sniping with an underlying agenda.

You know who you are.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Sep 16, 2014 01:15:38 pm
      Congrats to Jordan well deserved cant think of anyone better placed to take the role

Funny though to see who found a negative in it. Must have a huge effect on there lives Jordan being vice captain that they had to moan about it rather then wish him well. Wouldnt expect anything else though

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Sep 16, 2014 01:18:42 pm
      Congrats!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Fully deserved!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Sep 16, 2014 01:39:07 pm
      Congrats to Jordan well deserved cant think of anyone better placed to take the role

Funny though to see who found a negative in it. Must have a huge effect on there lives Jordan being vice captain that they had to moan about it rather then wish him well. Wouldnt expect anything else though

Only a none-Liverpool supporter would see any negativity in the appointment mate.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #29: Sep 16, 2014 01:40:03 pm

Amen to that!  This will give the lad such a boost of confidence.  Looking forward to seeing him step his game up even further. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #30: Sep 16, 2014 01:43:00 pm
      I remember the time when a young lad being made vice captain would be greeted with only praise and congratulations.

Miss those days.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 16, 2014 01:46:11 pm
      Only a none-Liverpool supporter would see any negativity in the appointment mate.

Not everybody has to have the same opinion on players.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Sep 16, 2014 01:51:32 pm
      Well done Henderson  :scarf: :scarf: He deserved it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2014 02:00:35 pm

That's the attitude Jim love your support for our players....!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2014 02:00:46 pm

True, but a failure to acknowledge Henderson's undoubted achievements is churlish at best and completely lacking in footballing judgement at the other end of the scale.
      There are very few credible LFC supporters who fit the latter description.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2014 02:15:27 pm
      True, but a failure to acknowledge Henderson's undoubted achievements is churlish at best and completely lacking in footballing judgement at the other end of the scale.
      There are very few credible LFC supporters who fit the latter description.

You seem to think if you don't think like you it's not credible. Henderson has done well to improve on a poor start at the club. He's not a world beater yet though. We missed him at the end of last season but that was down to very bad judgement. He's played well and poor in different games this season.  Going well ott is the sign of some fans these days.If it helps his development it's a good move but there's still a lot to do.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2014 02:22:36 pm
      Delighted he got it.

Just shows what hard work over the past 2 years can do for you.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Sep 16, 2014 02:40:21 pm
      You seem to think if you don't think like you it's not credible. Henderson has done well to improve on a poor start at the club. He's not a world beater yet though. We missed him at the end of last season but that was down to very bad judgement. He's played well and poor in different games this season.  Going well ott is the sign of some fans these days.If it helps his development it's a good move but there's still a lot to do.

If you want to analyse Hendo's form and development, please go to the player section. This thread is not about that, it's about congratulating someone with a new responsibility. To be honest, I'd congratulate whoever got the job because that's the Liverpool way.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion mate, but you're posting it on the wrong thread. Let's keep things positive for Hendo here.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #38: Sep 16, 2014 02:42:06 pm

The vast majority of replies in this thread do appear to coincide with my opinion of Henderson, logically that would lead to the assumption that there is an agreement of opinion - I think like them/they think like me - not incredible at all.
      He is an international player and on the team sheet every week, any improvement is a bonus.
      Make no mistake if Jordan has any aspect of his game that can be nurtured - he will hunt it down.   
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Sep 16, 2014 02:46:24 pm
      Come on Hendo my san. Excellent appointment and one that will last a very long time. Gerrard will undoubtedly miss/rest a few games this season, maybe even tonight, and I cant wait to see how Jordan steps up.

Excellent work!
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 16, 2014 03:15:43 pm
      The vast majority of replies in this thread do appear to coincide with my opinion of Henderson, logically that would lead to the assumption that there is an agreement of opinion - I think like them/they think like me - not incredible at all.
      He is an international player and on the team sheet every week, any improvement is a bonus.
      Make no mistake if Jordan has any aspect of his game that can be nurtured - he will hunt it down.

I wouldn't run away with the idea that all football wisdom resides on these boards. I don't think I've slagged him in any way   I'm just saying he's got a long way ahead to be a top player although his progress is good.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #41: Sep 16, 2014 04:51:51 pm

No Jim they wont. But the least any so called supporter would do is at least wish the player in question the best of luck in his new role. Not p*ss and moan about it, and again as per usual with the usual suspects on here the p*ssing and moaning is done before the player has even stepped foot on the pitch in his new role. And its a regular occurrence on all topics with the same shitehawks
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #42: Sep 16, 2014 04:52:54 pm

I wouldn't run away with the idea that all football wisdom resides on these boards. .

Your right there, theres loads of tossers on these forums
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #43: Sep 16, 2014 05:17:34 pm
      I remember the time when a young lad being made vice captain would be greeted with only praise and congratulations.

Miss those days.

Well if we're gonna quote the Liverpool Way, at our peak, a player would stay at the club til he reached 30 odd. Certainly never get sold off. He'd rarely start a game before 20 or 21. And he wouldn't be considered standin captain for a LONG time.

Hansen, Souness, Gerrard, Reina, Suarez, Thompson, Alonso, Carra, Hyypia, Hughes, Smith, Yeats. Thse are some of our captns and vice-captains. If anyone thinks Jordan has done enought to be considered alongside some of these names, then he must be on drugs.

I like Jordan, he comes over as a decent bloke, he works hard, he doesnt mess around on the piss. BUT he is a young player who SHOULD get better. He has not developed the aura or experience to be a standin captain of a global club. And thats a FACT.

I'm pleased for him as an individual, but much more, I am concerned for the state of the club. I'm a Liverpool fan, more than a Jordan fan.

The only "whiners" are our owners who pretend we cant afford to sign someone over 25yrs old. And the ones who cant handle glaringly obvious facts stated on an internet forum. I think some of the posters in this thread must have come over from Rawk, on the orders of Marty McFly himself...

Even Rodgers is starting to make observations on the topic. I'm out of this thread. If some people choose to argue black is white, then I pity them. I certainly cant be bothered to argue the truth with them, if they just cant accept it. Now get back to your Elton John style hissy fits, Jordan superfans... :roll:
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #44: Sep 16, 2014 05:30:24 pm
      Well deserved IMO. Stuck up for him from day one. Future England captain as well. Has the right attitude to succeed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #45: Sep 16, 2014 05:43:43 pm
      How pivotal is this lad to us?

The difference between winning and losing a league championship in my humble opinion.

Well in kid - proud of you and chuffed for you.

Thoroughly deserved.

Quick Reply