Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Swansea City feature documentary.

Read 1047 times
      JTAK
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Swansea City feature documentary.
      Sep 18, 2014 04:20:40 pm
      Jack to a King is an uplifting feature-documentary that charts Swansea City’s meteoric rise from the brink of relegation from the Football League and being sold for £1, to the glorious heights of the Premier League in the space of just 10 years.
      A remarkable rags to riches story and one that I don’t think we will see repeated. To go from the bottom of League 2, to the top flight and a first major trophy in such a short space of time, and the manner in which it has been done, is nothing short of spectacular.
      Whilst many tell the story of THAT game between Swansea City and Hull in 2003, which the Swans had to win to avoid dropping down into the Conference, not many people are aware of the impact that Tony Petty had and how a group of people came together to regain control of and save the football club that they so desperately love.
      It is funny, passionate and relatable.
      Both Brendan Rodgers and Joe Allen played significant roles in the Swans story and I feel proud and happy to now see them doing so well at such a prestigious club. We hope that you Liverpool fans will appreciate the journey the Swans have been on and your manager’s involvement!
      I am confident that the Swansea story will appeal to all football fans as you will be able to understand and appreciate the passion and determination Swans fans showed during difficult times in order to get to where we are today.
      Christopher Eccleston, who was at the film premiere in London, said: “This film is magical. Go and watch it because it gives you hope. I watched the film with a very good friend of mine who is a Crystal Palace fan, he was crying at the end of the film whilst I was smiling.”
      The film will be shown at the Odeon on Panton Street in London from tomorrow. If you are heading to the West Ham v Liverpool game, or you are a red living in London, check it out! http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/jack_to_a_king/15430/#showtimes

Quick Reply