Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. UPDATE: 6th April - Will we get top 4?

No
      115 (75.2%)
      Yes
      38 (24.8%)

Total Members Voted: 150

The Top 4. Can we get there?

Read 123965 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Top 4. Can we get there?
      Reply #1012: Apr 14, 2015 12:18:04 am
      So. Uhm.

I said we would. Then I said we wouldn't.
      As of now, on current form, we would end up 2 points ahead of City at the end of the season.

PITY YOU COULDN'T IMPLODE LAST SEASON YOU PACK OF cu*ts
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1013: Apr 14, 2015 12:20:04 am
      I was optimistic we would win the title last year and I ended up being disappointed, so this year I'm going to assume we miss top 4 and hope I get to be pleasantly surprised.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1014: Apr 14, 2015 12:43:29 am
      I was optimistic we would win the title last year and I ended up being disappointed, so this year I'm going to assume we miss top 4 and hope I get to be pleasantly surprised.

It is sad when some posters think finishing 4th is a success, the next thing will be as long as we don't get relegated that will be ok. This club has got too much history and finishing 1st should be the priority. I get the feeling that these same discussions will be continuing next season unless we spend the cash wisely  this next transfer window
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1015: Apr 14, 2015 12:48:37 am
      So. Uhm.

I said we would. Then I said we wouldn't.
      As of now, on current form, we would end up 2 points ahead of City at the end of the season.

PITY YOU COULDN'T IMPLODE LAST SEASON YOU PACK OF cu*ts

Spot F***ing on bud, as usual.

Those cu*ts could have fu**ed up last year but na it was us they pipped to the Title.

Payback is gonna be a bi*ch. We are gonna pip them for 4th and Pelligrini is gonna get the arse.

Come on lads, let's do this!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1016: Apr 14, 2015 01:01:52 am
      We need to hit super form and City need to keep crumbling and crumbling.

I'm an optimist but I just can't see it.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1017: Apr 14, 2015 08:44:43 am
      Sounds like something you'd find in The Beano.

My mistake it's Viera who may take charge - but it's in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/13/manchester-city-sack-manuel-pellegrini

Manchester City ready to sack Manuel Pellegrini before end of season
      • If top-four place looks in doubt manager will make way
      • Patrick Vieira leads contenders for temporary role
      • Joe Hart: Forget the title, we must target third now
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #1018: Apr 14, 2015 10:57:28 am
      Don't think we're playing well enough to win our last 6 league games.

As much as Man City are having a shocker let us not forget that out of us and them it is Liverpool who have dropped a larger number of points compared with last season.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #1019: Apr 14, 2015 12:10:31 pm
      That's the Spirit!  :mad:

We always seem to match up well with those Chav cu*ts. We've gone there before and beaten them and we'll do it again!

F**k those Chav cu*ts!

Can’t fault the enthusiasm....

... However, being realistic, we just won’t win... a point maybe but not 3 points... it just won’t happen... :'(
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #1020: Apr 14, 2015 03:29:40 pm
      Chasing down City for 4th ay....what a turn around for both clubs, I have a feeling that if they do not win their next two home games against Villa and West Ham then we might do it, but if they win them its over...whatever else happens I would love to win the FA Cup....so we need to F***ing improve!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1021: Apr 14, 2015 07:11:21 pm
      Don't think we're playing well enough to win our last 6 league games.

As much as Man City are having a shocker let us not forget that out of us and them it is Liverpool who have dropped a larger number of points compared with last season.

Yeah, Man City's form gives us encouragement but we will have to up the level quite markedly if we are to overtake them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1022: Apr 17, 2015 06:49:17 am
      Just seen Citeh ahve 4 out of their last 6 at home and we are the other way around.

Gonna be F***ing tough.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1023: Apr 20, 2015 10:56:27 am
      Can't believe this. They are talking on Sly Sports about us having lost 4th spot! It is still on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #1024: Apr 20, 2015 11:05:16 am
      Can't believe this. They are talking on Sly Sports about us having lost 4th spot! It is still on.

I couldn't care less right now.

So what if we get top four. What are we going to do when we get there. Piss about and go our in the group stages as our attitude to winning has gone.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #1025: Apr 20, 2015 11:08:19 am
      This thread still being open is embarrassing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1026: Apr 20, 2015 11:29:41 am
      Can't believe we are in this position. Last season we were playing champagne football and almost won the F***ing league and now we're battling for 5th with Southampton :lmao: ...... I'm trying my best not to cry.

I always believed we would finish top 4 but the defeat against the mancs has really took the wind out of our sails. We are 7 points behind City now but its 8 when you consider goal difference. It's not going to happen. It has been an awful season and one to forget.

I hope we stick with Brendan because when he gets it right then we are F***ing boss. Lets not forget that. It has been a horrible season but for the good of the club I think we need to stick together and back him. We need togetherness right now and to re group. Then F***ing attack the league next season.

4th has gone now lets not kid ourselves. The club should now make a decision whether they will stick with Brendan next season. Presuming they will, then they should decide whether to compete in the Europa League or not. Financially I don't think it makes much difference and from experience that competition is just a curse, not just for us but for other clubs too. Spurs, Everton, Swansea have all suffered competing in it. Would we have performed so well in the league last season if we were also in that competition? I doubt it. Look at the mancs this season - they have been F***ing sh*te until they came to Anfield a few weeks back. If they had Europa league football this season then they wouldn't be where they are in the league now in my opinion. So even though its a criminal thing to say (and Im expecting some sort of a angry reply for Dunlop Liddell Shankly), I wouldn't be bothered folding our remaining games to avoid that competition, it won't benefit us at all next season, it will only hinder our performances in the league.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #1027: Apr 20, 2015 11:31:42 am
      Can't believe we are in this position. Last season we were playing champagne football and almost won the F***ing league and now we're battling for 5th with Southampton :lmao: ...... I'm trying my best not to cry.

I always believed we would finish top 4 but the defeat against the mancs has really took the wind out of our sails. We are 7 points behind City now but its 8 when you consider goal difference. It's not going to happen. It has been an awful season and one to forget.

I hope we stick with Brendan because when he gets it right then we are F***ing boss. Lets not forget that. It has been a horrible season but for the good of the club I think we need to stick together and back him. We need togetherness right now and to re group. Then F***ing attack the league next season.

4th has gone now lets not kid ourselves. The club should now make a decision whether they will stick with Brendan next season. Presuming they will, then they should decide whether to compete in the Europa League or not. Financially I don't think it makes much difference and from experience that competition is just a curse, not just for us but for other clubs too. Spurs, Everton, Swansea have all suffered competing in it. Would we have performed so well in the league last season if we were also in that competition? I doubt it. Look at the mancs this season - they have been F***ing sh*te until they came to Anfield a few weeks back. If they had Europa league football this season then they wouldn't be where they are in the league now in my opinion. So even though its a criminal thing to say (and Im expecting some sort of a angry reply for Dunlop Liddell Shankly), I wouldn't be bothered folding our remaining games to avoid that competition, it won't benefit us at all next season, it will only hinder our performances in the league.

I think this is rubbish mate and the excuse made in the modern game.

You can only play one game at a time and our squad is big enough to cope.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1028: Apr 20, 2015 11:36:15 am
      I couldn't care less right now.

So what if we get top four. What are we going to do when we get there. Piss about and go our in the group stages as our attitude to winning has gone.

We need the money and the cache of CL to attract better players.

4th is still on as City and United will drop further points but I just can't see us winning consistently enough playing the way we are.

Plus even if we get to within a couple of matches we are likely to bottle it as we have with our other crunch fixtures.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #1029: Apr 20, 2015 11:39:45 am
      We need the money and the cache of CL to attract better players.

Attracting better players and actually being willing to buy them are two different things though mate as last summer showed us.

CL football helped us buy players who would have signed for us if weren't even in Europe.

I don't think CL football makes one bit of difference in terms of who we buy under FSG and Brendan.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1030: Apr 20, 2015 11:41:22 am
      I think this is rubbish mate and the excuse made in the modern game.

You can only play one game at a time and our squad is big enough to cope.

Can you recall a team playing in the Europa league who has done well domestically in England?

Its not a coincidence, I'm not making excuses.

If we do qualify for the Europa League I'll still be going the games next season, so I'm not a snob, I just think domestically we will suffer.

Look at the blueshite. Last season they were on course to finish top 4 until we battered them at Anfield and took the stuffing out of them. But they had a great season for them nonetheless and finished 5th. They controlled most of their games and had huge possession stats even against the likes of Arsenal.

This season they were in a relegation battle until they went to Ukraine. They were knocked out of the competition and now they've won 4 out of their 5 games in the league and are safely in mid table.

Still think its rubbish? I don't.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1031: Apr 20, 2015 11:42:52 am
      I still think we can. Yesterday's defeat should be a turning point. I really hope Rodgers can motivate the squad to win our remaining games apart from Chelsea which will be tough. Hope they have the league wrapped up before they play us and maybe start with a few youngsters.

We need to stay positive. YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1032: Apr 20, 2015 02:53:08 pm
      Can you recall a team playing in the Europa league who has done well domestically in England?

Its not a coincidence, I'm not making excuses.

If we do qualify for the Europa League I'll still be going the games next season, so I'm not a snob, I just think domestically we will suffer.

Look at the blueshite. Last season they were on course to finish top 4 until we battered them at Anfield and took the stuffing out of them. But they had a great season for them nonetheless and finished 5th. They controlled most of their games and had huge possession stats even against the likes of Arsenal.

This season they were in a relegation battle until they went to Ukraine. They were knocked out of the competition and now they've won 4 out of their 5 games in the league and are safely in mid table.

Still think its rubbish? I don't.

We absolutley must be in Europe next season mate, no matter how difficult it is or how much it disrupts our league performances.  If we want to be a force again, both domestically and in Europe, we have to learn how to compete on 4 fronts, we aint big enough to pick and choose which competitions we're in.

It's a tough learning curve but avoiding it altogether won't help us in the long run.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1033: Apr 20, 2015 03:20:38 pm
      we have to learn how to compete on 4 fronts, we aint big enough to pick and choose which competitions we're in.
      Are we big enough to compete on 4 fronts though? Unfortunately if you aren't big you aren't in position to choose either.

Some top 4 hopes still alive but not on us anymore, if it is the point.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1034: Apr 20, 2015 04:09:59 pm
      Are we big enough to compete on 4 fronts though? Unfortunately if you aren't big you aren't in position to choose either.

Some top 4 hopes still alive but not on us anymore, if it is the point.

Well we sure as hell weren't ready for the CL this season. 

The only players in the squad with recent European experience were Can, Markovic, Moreno, Sakho, Toure, Mario, Stevie, Lucas, Johnson and Skrtel and it's very likely that the only ones who'll still be with us next season are Can, Markovic, Moreno, Sakho and possibly Skrtel. 

As a young, inexperienced squad with a young, inexperienced Manager we need to learn the craft of competing in Europe, of having less rest, of higher expectations, of competing against much better, well organised, hardened pros.  Look how long it took Shanks to win in Europe despite demolishing virtually every domestic team season in, season out.  It's a totally different animal and if we aren't in it we'll never learn.

Quick Reply