Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. UPDATE: 6th April - Will we get top 4?

No
      115 (75.2%)
      Yes
      38 (24.8%)

Total Members Voted: 150

The Top 4. Can we get there?

Read 123425 times
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Re: The Top 4. Can we get there?
      Reply #23: Sep 29, 2014 08:06:27 am
      The three top finishers last season, had 6 loses each. Arsenal had 7.
      In 7 games we already have 3. So in the rest 31 games we should not loose more that four games.
      In our current form I very much doubt about that.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2014 09:13:34 am
      Man C and Chelsea are currently WAY ahead of us.
      Arsenal and the Mancs are also ahead of us. Altho Manc U have some things to settle.

The only conceivable way we could pull our season out of the toilet is by Sterling and Sturridge carrying us as much, or even more than Luis did last yr.

Raheem's run down the left and left foot cross for Balotelli's saved shot was a terrific piece of play for a 19 yr old. Remember his left is supposedly his weak foot. If Raheem can do those sorts of runs AND scores at the end, he becomes our Neymar.

Altho he's 19, NOT the 26 yrs that Luis was when he was carrying our otherwise fairly avg team last yr (Sturr and Sterl excepted).

Personally, I'm disgusted by the whole thing. Once again its been reiterated that we are a selling club, a feeder club even.
      Results just dont matter. Fans dont matter when your most valued customers are Madrid, Barce and Chelsea.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #25: Sep 29, 2014 09:41:08 am
      l agree, we are selling club now, and what us to be fighting for league titles, not just happy 4 in league, no medal for top 4 fhish
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Sep 29, 2014 10:39:34 am
      Getting his own back with Studge .The curse of Hodgson eh ......   ?

Or AKA

We should have bought a 20 goal proven striker in the window 
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Sep 29, 2014 01:14:04 pm
      We still have quite a small squad especially up front. So BR has a job on his hands to prioritise how we set up in all the cup games, both domestic and CL to ensure the 1st team are fit and ready for the PL. I personally wouldnt mind if we set up like below for all the cup games and left the PL team alone to do their job. We need CL footie next season, more so than ever.

Migs
      Johnson, Toure, Sakho, Enrique
      Lucas
      Allen, Can
      Markovic
      Borini Lambert.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Sep 29, 2014 01:31:26 pm
      2 places are sorted after 6 games are they?

a sixth of the season gone and were writing off a title challenge or finishing second and are concerned about getting 4th. Do yourselves a favour and wait until at least February 2015 to write us off or to crown Chelsea or city champions!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Sep 29, 2014 01:41:59 pm
      2 places are sorted after 6 games are they?

a sixth of the season gone and were writing off a title challenge or finishing second and are concerned about getting 4th. Do yourselves a favour and wait until at least February 2015 to write us off or to crown Chelsea or city champions!

Ah no there is no writing off been done, its purely anticipation, not expectation. City and Chelsea will be VERY tough to knock off their perches this season. But heres hoping!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30: Sep 29, 2014 02:38:11 pm
      you cannot compare last season to this simply because we don't have Luis so whatever we did last season in a game or over a period its going to be different this season.
      6 games is a decent run to judge form by and lets face it the only form we have had so far is poor.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Sep 29, 2014 02:54:29 pm
      Bloody hell, there's some gloomy bas**rds on these boards. Yes we've had a bad start to the league but I saw massive improvement against the Bitters, we were extremely unlucky not to win it 3 or 4 nil, that is how much we dominated them so keep the faith, we are about to go into overdrive.

It might be tricky to win the league but I still fancy us to get a CL place.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #32: Sep 29, 2014 02:58:11 pm
      Yes we will.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #33: Sep 29, 2014 03:41:48 pm
      What is more important to me, is how we are playing - we have been woeful, last season was the most exciting football I have seen since the glory days. One player has not changed all of this, it is too many new players who look average.

I don't know how we can go from finishing 2nd by a whisker, spending 100m and then all of a sudden it will be a season of - wait for it - transistion....that's it, blow everybody away, entertain everyone, then waste another 100m on sh*te - we do it every time. For every Alonso, Masch, Torres, Luis, Sturridge there are 10 Aspas, Borini, Sakho, etc.

We do not spend well. Simple.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Sep 29, 2014 03:58:43 pm
      What is more important to me, is how we are playing - we have been woeful, last season was the most exciting football I have seen since the glory days. One player has not changed all of this, it is too many new players who look average.

I don't know how we can go from finishing 2nd by a whisker, spending 100m and then all of a sudden it will be a season of - wait for it - transistion....that's it, blow everybody away, entertain everyone, then waste another 100m on sh*te - we do it every time. For every Alonso, Masch, Torres, Luis, Sturridge there are 10 Aspas, Borini, Sakho, etc.

We do not spend well. Simple.

Really so which of our summer signings would you say are worse than what we had? From my POV the only bad summer signing, so far, is Lambert, but he was always supposed to be a utility player. I think Lallana is finally starting to show the class and skill we knew he had, Markovic needs more time, but I'm seeing enough to get me excited. Can was a great signing, Lovren big big improvement in CB, Moreno superb LB, Manquillo gives competition to Glen which is always good. Balotelli will come good, I'm impressed with his work rate and we all know he has skills, he just needs to adapt more to our style of play.
      All in all I have no doubt we will click in and start scoring for fun again, we very nearly did against the Bitters.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Sep 29, 2014 06:02:18 pm
      I think we can/will get a Champions League place come season's end -- which should be our main target this season. While I'd love us to win the title, realistically expecting us to go from second to first while losing a player of Suarez's ability and with the fixture congestion of CL is a big step. Next year is when we should really start pushing the expectations hard. This year, let everyone bed in and make sure we're consistently playing in Europe. We're a good side despite our current form. Once we hit our grove, we'll flow. The talent is there.

As far as City and Chelsea go, I think they're pretty much nailed on for top 4, but I don't think they're necessarily going to be 1 and 2 with so much of the season left. Let's wait until Costa starts picking up niggling injuries and if Fabregas does his amazing vanishing act circa December-May, for example.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36: Sep 29, 2014 06:14:53 pm
      I think we will be 4th come the end of the season, comfortably ahead of the Mancs in 5th.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #37: Sep 29, 2014 06:16:57 pm
      We can win the F***ing League.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2014 10:47:30 pm
      Really so which of our summer signings would you say are worse than what we had? From my POV the only bad summer signing, so far, is Lambert, but he was always supposed to be a utility player. I think Lallana is finally starting to show the class and skill we knew he had, Markovic needs more time, but I'm seeing enough to get me excited. Can was a great signing, Lovren big big improvement in CB, Moreno superb LB, Manquillo gives competition to Glen which is always good. Balotelli will come good, I'm impressed with his work rate and we all know he has skills, he just needs to adapt more to our style of play.
      All in all I have no doubt we will click in and start scoring for fun again, we very nearly did against the Bitters.

And so.... back to the drawing board...

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2014 10:48:44 pm
      If things don't change pretty fast, we'll soon be out of touch with 4th. Luck to make top 10 the way we are playing at the mo!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Oct 02, 2014 06:59:13 am
      Of course we can get there but on the last few weeks performances we'd want to pull our fingers out pretty soon!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #41: Oct 02, 2014 07:08:11 am
      feels like 2009 all over again.  We finished second, sold our best player, and then struggled mightily the next season.  We're in big trouble.  The most worrying thing is Rodgers doesn't seem to be getting the message and keeps playing the same formation even though it doesn't work with the players we've got.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #42: Oct 02, 2014 07:28:26 am
      feels like 2009 all over again.  We finished second, sold our best player, and then struggled mightily the next season.  We're in big trouble.  The most worrying thing is Rodgers doesn't seem to be getting the message and keeps playing the same formation even though it doesn't work with the players we've got.

Couldn't agree more. worrying,......
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #43: Oct 02, 2014 09:14:07 am

Have to agree totally Fed. It's like he doesn't want to even consider other options.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #44: Oct 02, 2014 10:13:38 am
      Markovic and Loveren £40m !!! £40m we could have persuaded Juv to sell Vidal who's gonna do a big impact , but yeah in this club we waste money on quantity over quality .
      What does Markovic and Loveren offer over Agger and Ibe ? I can't believe that shaqiri was available too yet we choose to ignore him as well , imagine if we only got Vidal , shaqiri , Moreno and one proven striker and sealed the deal but yeaah in we do things differently .
      But yeah like someone we just go backward every time after improving , I wouldn't say top 4 is out of reach but I wouldn't say it's easy
      I'm staying neutral here I think it's 50/50 .
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #45: Oct 02, 2014 10:19:49 am
      At the moment can't even bare to think where we'll be end of season. Sorry but no optimism at all currently.

Quick Reply