Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

What might cause you to start/increase any type of protest vs the current board?

Read 5023 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: What might cause you to start/increase any type of protest vs the current board?
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2014 06:18:41 pm
      Not just me who condemns them. Also well respected journalists/commentators like Evans and Barrett. Numerous ex players etc.

I'm not against you condemning them when they've done something deriving of condemnation. What I do have an annoyance of is your refusal to acknowledge the good things they've done and to never post anything other than anti-FSG rhetoric regardless of what the post is about. You'd blame them for a rainy day. Take some friendly advice. Change the record once in a while.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: What might cause you to start/increase any type of protest vs the current board?
      Reply #24: Oct 07, 2014 07:16:00 pm
      What utter garbage. Purslow admitted a large number of people had genuine interest in buying the club. Because the fans group called him out for trying to amend meeting minutes he refused to speak to them re a takeover. Anyway, enquiries were confidential,  partly due to RBS's gagging order.

No evidence that someone else, someone BETTER wouldn't have bought LFC. And a 9pt deduction wouldnt have mattered anyway. No evidence whatsoever that Bodgson would have stayed on. Infact, I wager the clown wouldve been sacked EARLIER!

Fenway did NO ONE favours but themselves. If keeping us at latter day Hicks and Gilette levels of performance is something to be grateful for, I really dont see the pt in debating with you.

As for this "backing the managers", thats the stuff of comedy. Look at who we've lost. Look where we are now, without Luis. Struggling for 4th... as we were under the previous bas**rds in the end. Except for last season, our performance has been pretty poor under Fenway.

New stand? Whoopy doo! Just what Moores said "wasnt good enough" - FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!! Shame its been funded by the sale of our best ever player too!

What IS  f**king disgraceful is a bunch of American jokers bumming the club up the arse, and the ignorant like you saying "thankyou"... :roll:

I'm not debating with you because I simply cannot. I would need you to make valid arguments in order for me to engage in debate with you, but sadly you have yet to register a single one throughout all of the drivel you have written. Not going to waste any more time on you. Carry on with your doom mongering. Just don't forget your tin foil helmet!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #25: Oct 07, 2014 07:17:14 pm
      I give them credit for first holding onto suarez and then selling him A YEAR LATER because in that one year, so many circumstances changed.  1) they did not sell suarez to another prem team.  2) after the bite on ivan... we all thought maybe suarez would change... the bite in the world cup just showed us that suarez will never change... time to get the most we can from him and ship him out.  So yes, you trying to question the logic doesn't work when so many circumstances have forced FSG's hand.   

Plus, they let BR use 100% of that suarez money plus lots more.  I do believe FSG wants what is best of Liverpool.  even for selfish reasons to maximize value of club so one day they will sell... it doesn't matter, they are taking the right steps to grow the club

At the end of the day, I look at the other 19 owners of the other 19 prem league teams.  There are maybe only a couple of other owners I would think would be good for us... the others including the glazers... are not an improvement to FSG.  heck... go look at the situation at everton and how tight their spending is.   wait or would you like that Vincent tam guy over at Cardiff from last year?   maybe he'll do a reverse on Liverpool and make us blue...  or how about the owner over at hull city 'Tigers'... I can see it now.. go Liverpool liverbirds....

So I will say it again.  Till FSG does a major fk up.... I think they have positively influenced the club. 

and for fucks sakes... people that keep comparing owners of now with owners from before... the football world has exponentially changed.  There were definitely less big fish in the pond. 

lastly, people that keep saying for owners to dig into their pocket to fund transfers... then complain when ticket prices go up.  yet its he same people that say the fans own Liverpool.. the glory is their... well... besides supporting the club with your heart, sometimes you have to do it financially when you go to games / buy the gear.   We don't have a sheik... so if we want uber amount of $$ to fund transfers... Liverpool needs to up their revenues.  ticket sales are one way.

I'm not on the verge of going out protesting or anything like that,  I don't think they're the worst owners in the league, but if I believe they care more about money than they do about trophies.
      It goes against everything this club stands for,  I grew up watching Liverpool win cups,  there wasn't a feeling like it,  Istanbul was better than any sex I've ever had! "Liverpool 5 times European Champions" sounds better than "Liverpool make £50 million profit"!

It's not how much of the Suarez money was reinvested, it's how it was reinvested. We sold the world's best striker, and once again replaced a player with a lesser, cheaper alternative. The only difference in this transfer window was that we strengthened other areas of the field.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #26: Oct 07, 2014 08:19:09 pm
      All ownership structures that are not 51%+ owned by fan groups or consortiums are more interested in money.  Simple fact of life.  Football clubs are as in fashion today as cold war arms manufacturers were in the 70's or tobacco companies were after the war.

Fenway are in it for the money, most of us know this, if the customer base can be happy with some good football along the way it makes life easier simple as that.

Build this expanded stadium, try and keep our big commercial deals in place, sell us for double or more likely treble what they paid.  Happy days for them.  I'm probably more concerned about who we get next.  That's when we should be concerned because THEY really will have a lot of money to try and make back (assuming the bank haven't just lent them it).

In answer to the opening question therefore I think any more significant inflation-busting ticket price increase whilst record revenues are being collected would certainly be a red-line for me in my support for the board.  I actually think to increase it at all last season was a little bit in poor taste.  £59 for the main stand where you can't even stand up to take a piss is a bit of a joke.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #27: Oct 07, 2014 08:45:32 pm
      f**k off with these protests, this is the last thing this team needs, also when we were fu**ed over by gillet and hicks, henry was among the few who were interested in buying us ... he did a great job in reviving the boston red sox, so why he cant do the same job with us while also making money

of course it would have been good also if we were bought by an owner who would throw money at the club, but i think the way fsg is managing the club is ok so far
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Oct 07, 2014 08:51:14 pm
      Can't work up much interest in the FSG 'debate'. On the whole think Fenway have been OK. Fairly low profile, that's how it should be. They're the money side of things and that sh*t is too much like work. If they start throwing spanners, will pipe up, but for now much more interested in the footy side of things. One of their main decisions was to pick a manager, and contrary to what many thought at the time, think he's done pretty well. There are so many obviously sh*te owners around, they are not that.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: Oct 07, 2014 10:00:41 pm
      f**k off with these protests, this is the last thing this team needs, also when we were fu**ed over by gillet and hicks, henry was among the few who were interested in buying us ... he did a great job in reviving the boston red sox, so why he cant do the same job with us while also making money

of course it would have been good also if we were bought by an owner who would throw money at the club, but i think the way fsg is managing the club is ok so far
      What protests?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2014 11:27:20 pm
      I'm not debating with you because I simply cannot. I would need you to make valid arguments in order for me to engage in debate with you, but sadly you have yet to register a single one throughout all of the drivel you have written. Not going to waste any more time on you. Carry on with your doom mongering. Just don't forget your tin foil helmet!!

Actually would not doubt that AP is a shill for H&G just trying to cause sh*t as they lost every counter-suit againt FSG/RBS and everyone else they filled against.

He is an American Plant alright.

The plastic variety.

I bought my at Costco for $12.99
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31: Oct 10, 2014 04:27:18 pm
      I wonder how many would change their views if we sold Sterling to Chelsea!
      It would be a game changer for me.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #32: Oct 10, 2014 04:32:35 pm
      I wonder how many would change their views if we sold Sterling to Chelsea!
      It would be a game changer for me.

sterling of now or even better and

1) we do not have a direct replacement,
      2) we did not get super mega bucks for him

then sure there will be blacklash

and if they somehow sold him in this winter window... with absolutely no replacement plan.  I'm going to have to fly over to England and protest with the rest of you :D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Oct 11, 2014 09:29:35 am
      Actually would not doubt that AP is a shill for H&G just trying to cause sh*t as they lost every counter-suit againt FSG/RBS and everyone else they filled against.

He is an American Plant alright.

The plastic variety.

I bought my at Costco for $12.99

A plant ?

I thought that AZ.   He really bangs the drum for them. ( H/G)

They still twitch in their death throes of pain and resentment that their bluff was called.

Yippee Kai  Yay   Mother ****ers.
      We got ya.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #34: Oct 17, 2014 09:50:59 am
      With respect I have never TALKED  so much sh*te in ages.

Fixed it for you..  :roll:

With respect I have never read so much sh*te in ages.

Blame first went to Parry and Moores for ditching Dubai and going with the Cowboys all on the strength of AP  (American Patter ) and a dodgy phone call from Rothschilds giving Hicks the OK.

If they had done their Due Diligence and David Moores had half a thought for his fathers legacy with this club over many years, he would have done his DD and found out by scraping the surface what a pair of crooks and double dealers Hicks and Gillett were.

BTW   Look who we had to sell in the three years their fingers were in the cookie jar.
      List them. World class players.  HAD to sell them.

Well Plant .

See where you true colours lie. Sticking up for your slimeball crook compatriots Hansel and Gretel and their Fairy Stories.

Card marked mate.

I see. Anyone who dislikes the Henry and Werner method of running sporting institutions (read the Marlins, San Diego Padres, LFC and Red Sox) is automatically working for Tom Hicks.

I've listed all the players we've lost. And the sh*te we've often signed. Its common knowledge. No one has "secretly disappeared" without the fans knowing.

Either you're a very unsuccessful troll, or you know nothing whatsoever about football. Boring.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #35: Oct 17, 2014 10:10:24 am
      Fixed it for you..  :roll:

I see. Anyone who dislikes the Henry and Werner method of running sporting institutions (read the Marlins, San Diego Padres, LFC and Red Sox) is automatically working for Tom Hicks.

I've listed all the players we've lost. And the sh*te we've often signed. Its common knowledge. No one has "secretly disappeared" without the fans knowing.

Either you're a very unsuccessful troll, or you know nothing whatsoever about football. Boring.

I'm genuinely curious as to what Henry has done to you in the past,  I don't trust him completely, but you seem to have a real hatred that goes beyond LFC. 
      You make some good points from time to time, but you reak of someone with an agenda.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Oct 17, 2014 10:58:24 am

Woops . Bad stuff there Yank.

Having supported this revered club since 1962 aged 9 it would appear I know nothing.

Having been to more matches at Anfield than with respect ...you've had wa*ks ...I think my support just edges it.

There are two things very wrong with you.

You don't know what the f**k you are spouting ... in case you were in any doubt about that.

Like most Americans ... your opinion and knowledge base is strictly limited to the Main St diner of your own hick town.

(Other forum members excepted)

.....     you reak of someone with an agenda.

as already stated  .....  crap thread.

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 05:46:13 pm by eurored »

Quick Reply