Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Read 2155 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
      Oct 11, 2014 10:19:43 pm
      Anyone played this game? Most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Non stop action throughout and lots of funny moments and characters. Focuses heavily on the enemies and killing orcs is just awesome.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,463 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2014 03:56:18 am
      Finished it last week, ready to trade in. Really love what they did with the enemies and the promotion system! And having to plan your attacks with the environment in mind is a pleasant change from all guns blazing/swords swinging in most games now.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2014 12:00:56 pm
      Is it going to be released on the 360? Seen a few game play videos and it look really good.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Nov 16, 2014 09:59:38 am
      Love this game. I bought it on the back of reviews I'd read and was pleasently surprised. It's like a combination of Assassin's Creed style exploration with Arkham Asylum combat with a sprinking of comedy provided by the Uruks (like big Orks).
      The graphics are great, the animations are slick and the sound affects fit perfectly. It's fully licensed too so, for example to Gollum in the game is the Andy Serkis Gollum from the film series.
      The biggest innovation comes from the hierarchy system. There are hundred of Uruks about but if any one on them 'kills' you, they get promoted to Captain in Sauron's army, providing they survive a dual with the Uruk currently holding that position. From then on you can target that Captain and hunt them down but simply running in, swinging your sword won't always be enough because each Captain has it's own skills and weaknesses. How do you find out what they are? Beat the crap out of a "worm", essentially any Uruk who knows a bit about his Captain and use your Wraith powers to read his mind before slaughtering him.
      Sometimes you'll fail to take revenge because, not only do they become more powerful but also inlfuence rurrounding Uruks to attack you so you're generally massively outnumbered.
      As an extra touch of genius, if any of your friends also have the game you can do vengeance missions where you can take out troublesome Captain for them and visa-versa.

Can't recomment this game enough, my kids love it too. I was aprehensive about a LOTR themed game but it's brilliantly done.

Best game on the PS4 so far... though GTA V is out on Tuesday  :f_whistle:
      Bier
      Reply #4: Nov 16, 2014 01:58:51 pm
      Shadow of Mordor has been one of the best games this year for me. Played it on PC myself. Dragon Age: Inquisition is the next game I'm looking forward to, coming out next week. Getting great reviews, and I loved previous installments.

It's been a weird year for games though. I expected the PS4 and Xbox One to really bring it, but interestingly enough I've played more on my nephew's Wii U than I have on my PS4. There's so few interesting exclusive games on the PS4 and Xbox One right now still. While I've had a ton of fun with games like Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2, and Smash bros coming out soon.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Nov 16, 2014 02:38:39 pm
      Love this game. I bought it on the back of reviews I'd read and was pleasently surprised. It's like a combination of Assassin's Creed style exploration with Arkham Asylum combat with a sprinking of comedy provided by the Uruks (like big Orks).
      The graphics are great, the animations are slick and the sound affects fit perfectly. It's fully licensed too so, for example to Gollum in the game is the Andy Serkis Gollum from the film series.
      The biggest innovation comes from the hierarchy system. There are hundred of Uruks about but if any one on them 'kills' you, they get promoted to Captain in Sauron's army, providing they survive a dual with the Uruk currently holding that position. From then on you can target that Captain and hunt them down but simply running in, swinging your sword won't always be enough because each Captain has it's own skills and weaknesses. How do you find out what they are? Beat the crap out of a "worm", essentially any Uruk who knows a bit about his Captain and use your Wraith powers to read his mind before slaughtering him.
      Sometimes you'll fail to take revenge because, not only do they become more powerful but also inlfuence rurrounding Uruks to attack you so you're generally massively outnumbered.
      As an extra touch of genius, if any of your friends also have the game you can do vengeance missions where you can take out troublesome Captain for them and visa-versa.

Can't recomment this game enough, my kids love it too. I was aprehensive about a LOTR themed game but it's brilliantly done.

Best game on the PS4 so far... though GTA V is out on Tuesday  :f_whistle:

Was 50/50 on getting this one, Rep but you've convinced me.

Quick Reply