Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Cost of football - Liverpool FC 2014

Read 1197 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Cost of football - Liverpool FC 2014
      Oct 15, 2014 07:55:03 am

Just found this on the internet.Showing comparisons of the lowest vs highest cost of tickets and and other stuff.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2014 12:42:19 pm by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Cost of football
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2014 12:36:11 pm
      I go to every home game and on average it costs me around £100 every game....certainly isn't a cheap day out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Cost of football
      Reply #2: Oct 15, 2014 12:40:41 pm
      Just found this on the internet.Showing comparisons of the lowest vs highest cost of tickets and and other stuff.

Cheapest ticket at £37. And how many of them are there available per season out of the approximate 1M seats per season?  I had an obstructed view in the main stand for the derby (most main stand tickets are obstructed) and I think it was about £56.

The £35M increase in TV money alone per season for each club should have been used to reduce ticketing prices.  Even if half of it was used it could have taken about £20 off each ticket.  And the point isn't whether or not there is supply and demand, the point should be what is ethically right.

You are not selling airline seats to customers who can just fly with a cheaper airline - you are selling tickets to loyal fans. 

I get the distinct impression that if I walked up to a club, offered them £20M but they must use it in full to reduce ticket prices, then they would probably turn you away.  It's a scandal, and through season tickets, and even auto cup schemes the clubs now have fans in their back pockets.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Cost of football - Liverpool FC 2014
      Reply #3: Oct 15, 2014 01:28:13 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Oct 15, 2014 03:57:12 pm
      Can you ever see FSG giving money away in the form of discounted, tickets not a chance
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #5: Oct 15, 2014 04:25:15 pm
      The prices are extortionate.

Did Man.C even pay for their stadium to be built? I thought Manchester City council stumped up most of the cost for the Olympics/Commonwealth games or something like that, from memory, no?

Otherwise I cannot see how their prices are so low. If I remember rightly, that was one of the primary reasons they were bought out by the sheiks because they didn't have to build a new stadium. By all accounts, had we have had a new stadium or expanded our own, our club would have been snavelled up by the super rich who could have just come in and thrown money at the team. As it stands, we've therefore got owners who have to think long term and sustainable.

As for the two giants in Spain, well I'm pretty sure over the years Madrid have been propped up by the State which is totally illegal. I read an article months back where Madrid council had a bit of land by the bernabeu and that Madrid wanted to buy it off them for a car park/training ground or to put shops on, whatever. The club bought the land for (I can't remember the exact price) for half a million Euros or thereabouts, then sold it back to the council a few years later for something like 22 M Euros.

Quick Reply