Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

QPR vs Liverpool - Kick off Sunday 1330 BST

Read 9713 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: QPR vs Liverpool - Kick off Sunday 1330 BST
      Reply #23: Oct 17, 2014 05:23:56 pm
      If you buy into "bib theory" then it looks like orange bibs will be our starters. That would suggest:

Migs
      Manquillo - Skrtel - Lovren - Enrique
      Gerrard - Can
      Sterling - Coutinho - Lallana
      Lambert

Quite OK with that. Means Hendo, Allen, Studge, Mario, Johnson ??? and Moreno will start against Madrid. Sterling and Stevie need to start mid week as well, so will be interesting to see when BR would send in Markovic and Lucas respectively.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #24: Oct 17, 2014 07:11:48 pm
      Quite OK with that. Means Hendo, Allen, Studge, Mario, Johnson ??? and Moreno will start against Madrid. Sterling and Stevie need to start mid week as well, so will be interesting to see when BR would send in Markovic and Lucas respectively.

If all goes according to plan I'd imagine BR is going to want to put Allen and Markovic on for Stevie and Sterling around the hour mark to save them for the CL tie against Madrid. Although, it could be Studge on for Sterling (if he is fit) to start getting him back into the groove.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #25: Oct 17, 2014 08:17:13 pm
      Should Johnson come back in at RB?

discuss.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #26: Oct 17, 2014 08:29:59 pm

discuss.
      Unless he's become brilliant all of a sudden i'd much prefer Manquillo there instead .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #27: Oct 17, 2014 08:46:14 pm
      Unless he's become brilliant all of a sudden i'd much prefer Manquillo there instead .

Small steps in improvement from Johnson would be a start so if he stops being sh*te and goes to just average that would be a good start never mind brilliant.

I doubt he is capable of doing brilliant anymore and debatable if he ever did.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Oct 17, 2014 09:31:20 pm

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #29: Oct 17, 2014 11:07:23 pm

discuss.

No.

End of discussion for me Fed.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #30: Oct 17, 2014 11:53:24 pm
      We need three points, whether we play well or not. We should beat QPR without too much hassle as long as our defence doesn't gift them soft goals.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Oct 18, 2014 12:51:16 am
      GJ coming back and him being the answer to some of the problems we've had this season, is like that definition of insanity
      "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
      Although Einstein wasn't the first or the only person to word it that way.

He probably will play I think, I'd rather he didn't... could lead to goals against us (CB's left stranded) and we'll have to do everything from the left attacking-wise.

Unless he plays on the left!

rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #32: Oct 18, 2014 07:17:07 am
      Dont rate Johnson but still think he will get nod in the big games due to his experience and tbh Manquillo is not as good as i hoped Manquillo was brought in as cover for Flanagan/Johnson
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Oct 18, 2014 11:01:21 am
      No     "  Soo War Ez  "       ' arry.

Have to give old 'arry credit.

He dedicates quite a few pages in his new book to Luis.
      Respect.

The best England Manager we never had.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2014 12:56:23 pm by eurored »
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2014 11:40:29 am
      I'd like to see Sterling play up front with Balotelli meself. No Studge for another month means the manager needs to find another so a solution is needed and that is the one I would try.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2014 01:01:04 pm
      Don't worry boys and girls.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2014 01:06:24 pm
      I think Lambert should play with Mario ahead of him. We need to get an alternative strike force up and running because this season is going to be over soon unless we get a settled side together that can win football matches
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2014 01:11:29 pm
      I think Lambert should play with Mario ahead of him. We need to get an alternative strike force up and running because this season is going to be over soon unless we get a settled side together that can win football matches

Totally agree.  There is little to no point in playing either of them on their own.  Either Borini tags with one of them, or they both play.  One target man up front has not worked this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #38: Oct 18, 2014 01:47:54 pm
      I think your both bonkers, Play two target men up front instead of one is what you are suggesting. We would get totally over run in midfield and wouldn't have nearly as much of the ball as usual. It might have worked in the 80's but I'd be very worried if Brendan decided to go down this route, really worried. I'd prefer to see Sterling given a shot up top with either of our target men.

The other alternative would be to give Stevie a run out behind Balotelli.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Oct 18, 2014 03:19:06 pm
      No.

End of discussion for me Fed.

and me.

G.J. needs to be pensioned off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Oct 18, 2014 03:56:27 pm
      Losing Studge for a further 4 weeks is a right kick in the Bawbag,  but not all is lost as yet, cannot see a Balo /Lambert front two working their to similar imo,  but I can see a Balo / Borini pairing working if given enough time, Balo needs a decoy and Borini could prove the ideal foil,

For a few weeks last season he banged a few in for the black cats and was pivotal for them staying up, he was given a chance by Gus Poyet allowing him a run of games,  so why not give the lad a go, he refused to move on in the summer believing he would get his chance,  let's give him his chance see how it goes,
      Look I'm not saying he's the answer,  far from it, but  if he can give Balo the space he needs then why not,?

Mignolet
      Johnson  Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                      Hendo Gerrard
              Sterling.              Lallana
                         Borini
                                        Ballotelli

Bench ; Jones, Toure, Manquillo, Markovic, Lambert, Suso, Rossiter

Ok we're understrengh but should still have too much for Harry's hopefuls,

I'm predicting a 0-2 Redmen victory with Lallana and Balo bagging the goodies,

Onwards & upwards

YNWA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Oct 18, 2014 04:09:29 pm
      I think your both bonkers, Play two target men up front instead of one is what you are suggesting. We would get totally over run in midfield and wouldn't have nearly as much of the ball as usual. It might have worked in the 80's but I'd be very worried if Brendan decided to go down this route, really worried. I'd prefer to see Sterling given a shot up top with either of our target men.

The other alternative would be to give Stevie a run out behind Balotelli.

Lambert plays DEEP.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #42: Oct 18, 2014 04:10:43 pm
      Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Can, Henderson; Sterling, Gerrard, Lallana; Balotelli.

Did think that Sterling needs a rest but not too many other options for us really. Don't think it's a game for Markovic and using Coutinho leaves us short on width and pace.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #43: Oct 18, 2014 08:23:04 pm
      We will win tomorrow.

Bad news re Daniel.  Hope it does'nt become a recurring problem.  He's very capable, will get lots of goals.... but needs to be fit.  I'm no expert on his career to date, but injuries seem to have been a problem in the past. I think we'll be in the Window for an additional striker in Jan. 
      No Top 4 (or aspiring top 4) team can continue without top firepower. 

Whats going on with Mario? I'm hoping when he starts scoring he can't stop, but he does'nt appear to have ever been a goal machine.  But, we need a minimum of 20 goals in all comps from him, if not more. 
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #44: Oct 18, 2014 11:08:06 pm

He drops deep at times but he is still a target man, he does his best work with his back to goal, he's big, he's strong, decent in the air and not particularly mobile. Ditto for Balotelli. It won't work.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #45: Oct 18, 2014 11:12:08 pm
      Losing Studge for a further 4 weeks is a right kick in the Bawbag,  but not all is lost as yet, cannot see a Balo /Lambert front two working their to similar imo,  but I can see a Balo / Borini pairing working if given enough time, Balo needs a decoy and Borini could prove the ideal foil,

For a few weeks last season he banged a few in for the black cats and was pivotal for them staying up, he was given a chance by Gus Poyet allowing him a run of games,  so why not give the lad a go, he refused to move on in the summer believing he would get his chance,  let's give him his chance see how it goes,
      Look I'm not saying he's the answer,  far from it, but  if he can give Balo the space he needs

I see your thought process mate but Borini simply doesn't scare defences, he runs hard, works hard and is an intelligent player but he can't take anyone on, he isn't a great threat with long shots, he just doesn't offer enough threat, he's workmanlike. Playing Borini means leaving a better player out of the side.

For me there are two options, play Sterling up there with Balo or stick Stevie back in the hole and see what he can do there.

Quick Reply