Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will Liverpool rise to the challenge and beat Real Madrid ?

Win
      45 (50.6%)
      Draw
      14 (15.7%)
      Lose
      30 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Liverpool V Real Madrid Anfield 22/10/2014 - 20:45CET (19:45 local time)

Read 19854 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Liverpool V Real Madrid Anfield 22/10/2014 - 20:45CET (19:45 local time)
      Reply #69: Oct 20, 2014 10:14:09 pm
      I'd start Coutinho ahead of Lallana. He has more class for a game like this and will want to show it against Real Madrid.

Going to be tough game considering our dodgy defence. But we need to win and if we run our arses off for 90 minutes, I expect a narrow win.

crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #70: Oct 20, 2014 10:20:57 pm
      I reckon we will win playing counter attack. Our possession football leaves much to be desired at the moment. It's best we play strong and hackle them as much as possible and break quickly.

Mignolet
        Manquillo         Skrtel        Lovren        Enrique

Allen            Gerrard

Sterling              Henderson             Coutinho

Borini
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #71: Oct 20, 2014 10:25:42 pm
      I know i am a pessimist on the forums and in general about Rodgers, but i'm convinced that the lads will make up for the letdowns in this season and will make a fantastic game against Real that will lit up our season.

Mario to score a wondergoal !

Drinking on a Monday night George?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #72: Oct 20, 2014 10:27:58 pm
      Drinking on a Monday night George?

;D, I think he must be sober today, hence the positive post from George!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #73: Oct 20, 2014 10:40:23 pm
      ;D, I think he must be sober today, hence the positive post from George!!!

Surely that's a omen I predict a win and must remember to do the Euro lottery so rare is this incident!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #74: Oct 20, 2014 10:40:36 pm
      These are the games we all want to see us play in so I'm looking forward to it even though I think if we play, and in particular defend, as we have done for most of the season I struggle to see us getting anything from the game but you never know.

Mignolet

Manquillo  Skrtel  Sakho  Moreno

Can 

Henderson  Allen

Gerrard

Borini  Sterling

Although I would worry about the lack of cover in wide areas defensively in the above I would have Hendo and Allen move over when we haven't the ball with Stevie dropping in which should help out the full backs

Henderson  Can  Gerrard  Allen

I just think we need to try and get and keep the ball as much as possible so I'd have the above midfield and hope they can keep the ball and feed the two up front who should give us plenty of movement and morepace than Balotelli or Lambert would give us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #75: Oct 20, 2014 10:42:55 pm
      I reckon we will win playing counter attack. Our possession football leaves much to be desired at the moment. It's best we play strong and hackle them as much as possible and break quickly.

Mignolet
        Manquillo         Skrtel        Lovren        Enrique

Allen            Gerrard

Sterling              Henderson             Coutinho

Borini

Enrique...........surely your joking did you not see his performance against QPR. I reckon if Moreno is injured Brad Smith will play ahead of the brain fart  Enrique
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #76: Oct 20, 2014 11:03:08 pm
      Despite the lack of form by most of our players, everyone of them should be up for this game. After all it is another European night at Anfield, and with the crowd behind the lads, anything can happen, here's hoping for a greatly improved performance from all the lads, giving Real Madrid. Bale or no Bale the shock of their lives.

Who really gives a fcuk about Bale. Most overrated cnut since Owen went there. Only difference is one was Welsh playing for Engerland the other Cnut couldn't play for Engerlund cos he wasn't inbred enough.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #77: Oct 20, 2014 11:33:18 pm
      Switch Sterling and Coutinho around and that is Carra's team vs Madrid

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2014 11:48:47 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #78: Oct 20, 2014 11:38:16 pm
      Brendan Rodgers get on that phone to Rafa, he knows how to beat/thrash Real Madrid. We have beaten them : before we can do it again. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #79: Oct 20, 2014 11:50:44 pm
      Ludogrets really took the game with them and they were awarded 2 penalties both were suspect, I think we can get something out of this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #80: Oct 21, 2014 12:02:08 am
      Switch Sterling and Coutinho around and that is Carra's team vs Madrid

Not sure Coutinho's finishing is up to playing in that role. Maybe put Allen/Can where Gerrard is, bring Coutinho back into the midfield more and Gerrard up top? I remember Rafa saying that Gerrard could end up playing as a striker and to be honest, he's one of few players in the team I'd actually trust playing up top for us right now.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #81: Oct 21, 2014 12:17:27 am
      Enrique...........surely your joking did you not see his performance against QPR. I reckon if Moreno is injured Brad Smith will play ahead of the brain fart  Enrique

It seems something is wrong with Moreno, as much as Enrique had a bad game he's not as terrible as his last game would suggest. I think he was too over exuberant in trying to push forward and kept on looking silly. If Moreno is actually fit, its a no brainer.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #82: Oct 21, 2014 12:28:11 am
      And i'm ignoring all of the last 3 pages of posts.
      Clear as a bell, we are gonna win this one. It's not necessarily gonna turn our season around, but I can see us upping our game, defending solid and getting two on the counter. Lady boy getting flattened by Skrtel and sulking off injured, and they all getting stressy and moaning at each other. Losing composure and falling apart.                                            2 - 0 THE RED MEN.

Just a mo, there's a knock at the door.   Ahhh, it's the men in white coats just arrived. Bye,
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #83: Oct 21, 2014 01:02:04 am
      Looking forward to this. One of the problems at QPR is the players didn't look as up for it as QPR's did so I think this is exactly the type of game we need right now. If they can't get up for this, they're wearing the wrong colours.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #84: Oct 21, 2014 01:10:42 am
      Not sure Coutinho's finishing is up to playing in that role. Maybe put Allen/Can where Gerrard is, bring Coutinho back into the midfield more and Gerrard up top? I remember Rafa saying that Gerrard could end up playing as a striker and to be honest, he's one of few players in the team I'd actually trust playing up top for us right now.

Yeah, I actually agree with that and do remember Rafa saying that. Would love to see it happen and see how Gerrard copes as a #9.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Oct 21, 2014 01:21:52 am
      I'm F***ing giddy with excitement. Can't F***ing wait for this one! I wanted a tie against them or Barca or Bayern and here it is.

Never mind our form, i'm putting on the red-tinted glasses and saying we'll win this one. It's just how we do things.

Mignolet

Manquillo     Toure     Lovren     Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson     Coutinho

Sterling                             Lallana

Lambert

I'm not crazy. Something has to change and Lovren is the better defender so Skrtel has to miss out. Manquillo for Johnson for obvious reasons, Moreno back from being rested.

Gerrard deep is his best position and Henderson pressing alongside him. Coutinho played himself in to the starting line up from the QPR match and Lallana/Sterling are first names on the sheet.

Lambert for Balo-smelly (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!? Coz he's been sh*te). In all seriousness Lambert provides more and at least he will link with Sterling and Lallana despite his lack of pace.

We'll win this one 14-9.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #86: Oct 21, 2014 01:47:32 am
      I don't really get all the "excitement" at playing Madrid. I think we need to concentrate on how good we are rather than building the opposition up as F***ing superstars in a super team.

I think we will win this game 2-0.

Playing the mancs or Everton fills me with fear, excitement and delight (when we win), beating Madrid is just another game against a good European team which I expect us to win.

We have never lost to Madrid, we have won every game against Madrid, we have never conceded a goal against Madrid .... I don't expect that to change any time soon.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #87: Oct 21, 2014 01:50:37 am
      I don't really get all the "excitement" at playing Madrid. I think we need to concentrate on how good we are rather than building the opposition up as F***ing superstars in a super team.

Playing the mancs or Everton fills me with fear, excitement and delight (when we win), beating Madrid is just another game against a good European team which I expect us to win.

We have never lost to Madrid, we have won every game against Madrid, we have never conceded a goal against Madrid .... I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Good for you.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #88: Oct 21, 2014 02:03:08 am
      I don't really get all the "excitement" at playing Madrid. I think we need to concentrate on how good we are rather than building the opposition up as f**king superstars in a super team.

In awe of that's why mate. I'm with you re the "excitement", f*ck 'em, c*nts.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #89: Oct 21, 2014 06:38:33 am
      Brendan Rodgers get on that phone to Rafa, he knows how to beat/thrash Real Madrid. We have beaten them : before we can do it again. :kop5cf8koxp6:

hahahaha! I think it's the best idea Rodgers could ever have! :D Rafa was a boss in CL.

On a (little) more serious note,I think Borini should start this game. Against QPR Balotelli was in the box several times but did not finish, Borini would IMO, he is not the finest player but he surelyu knows how to score in the box.
      I would start Enrique, he had a poor game against QPR but only Sterling and COutinho did better. I have faith in the Spanish lad, he will live up to expectiations. Morenois young and I don't think he has enough experience to handle big playrs in such a big night.

Migno
      Manquillo    Skrtel     Lovren(I'd prefer Sakho)      Enrique
                       Gerrard     Hendo
      Lallana           Coutinho            Sterling
                          Borini
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #90: Oct 21, 2014 07:25:18 am
      I don't really get all the "excitement" at playing Madrid. I think we need to concentrate on how good we are rather than building the opposition up as f**king superstars in a super team.

You get more excited playing the little club down the road than one of the European heavyweights, 10x winners of the tournament, stacked with the best players in the world................... ................   Never mind.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #91: Oct 21, 2014 07:33:04 am
      You get more excited playing the little club down the road than one of the European heavyweights, 10x winners of the tournament, stacked with the best players in the world................... ................   Never mind.

It's probably because I am not a star struck teenybopper. 

Quick Reply