Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Mignolet
      3 (3%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Johnson
      1 (1%)
      Gerrard
      2 (2%)
      Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      34 (34%)
      Coutinho
      44 (44%)
      Balotelli
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      10 (10%)
      Can
      1 (1%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Oct 25, 2014 09:45:43 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 40606 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #644: Oct 22, 2014 11:16:12 pm
      I have asked the MODS to have a word but that seems to have gone nowhere.If you cant respect someone like Billy you simply shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this forum

Jesus Christ, so we have to treat veterans like they're Private Godfrey?

Get with it - what was said was utter balls. That was where the problem lies - not being 'old' for gods sake.

Seems like Walton and Eurored sure love a dictatorship.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,256 posts | 6365 
      Reply #645: Oct 22, 2014 11:16:20 pm
      All this talk of plussing, I wish I could plus myself cause Lord knows I'm the smartest person in this forum.

It's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #646: Oct 22, 2014 11:17:44 pm

Get with it - what was said was utter balls. That was where the problem lies - not being 'old' for gods sake.

its a community you F***ing idiot
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #647: Oct 22, 2014 11:17:51 pm
      I'll back Brendan all the way, but even he must realise his defensive tactics are complete w*nk. We don't have the fire power of last season to get us out of a hole and the result of this is that Brendan looks completely lost. He needs to employ a defense minded coach ASAP...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #648: Oct 22, 2014 11:18:21 pm
      Don't bother mate there's a little mafia of old farts on here who pine for the days of Joe Fagan and plus each other's post  whenever they can to show there alleged superior knowledge and experience.

Well that disrespectful of your fellow reds to say the least!  Cant believe you got three pluses for that!!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #649: Oct 22, 2014 11:19:33 pm
      Do you even have any idea how insulting that post is? Were you not taught manners and respect by your parents? I'd put a fair wager on the majority of these 'old farts' sparking you out if you were in front of them, oh i forgot, you're attached to a keyboard.

At least have the decency to apologise to them. 

Leave it out mate there nothing I have posted which is untrue just because ya poster has a few more posts than another poster does not mean they are any wiser in their knowledge.

In fact I have noticed the opposite these posters hardly ever contribute in what tactics or positional play would improve the team.

It's always the same Brendan this and that and has now moved to Pascoe out..............FFS

My point is either contribute something positively or don't bother ie our defence is poor so what change in tactics do you propose rather than the boring bring in Steve Clarke........

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2014 11:44:37 pm by HScRed1 »
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #650: Oct 22, 2014 11:19:59 pm
      its a community you f**king idiot

Yeah but some love a dictator. You're being self-righteous and, get this, you are the self-proclaimed moral superior, but you insult everyone!

Priceless!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #651: Oct 22, 2014 11:22:06 pm
      All this talk of plussing, I wish I could plus myself cause Lord knows I'm the smartest person in this forum.

You deserve a plus one for cheek for saying that after predicting we would win 5-1 :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #652: Oct 22, 2014 11:22:11 pm
      You lack respect for members of this forum and I
      Yeah but some love a dictator. You're being self-righteous and, get this, you are the self-proclaimed moral superior, but you insult everyone!

Priceless!

I only insult muppets who lack respect and understanding you in other words.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #653: Oct 22, 2014 11:22:25 pm

You deserve one for being a smart arse  ;D

Mobin1
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #654: Oct 22, 2014 11:22:36 pm
      We are dire at present.  For whatever reason the free flowing football of last season is non-existent.  Whether thats due to Suarez's movement or the lack of that of present players.  I think this team is however capable.  Don't you think we just need to get back to basics. Eg. A 4-4-2? The least the likes of Sterling and Lallana can do is exploit the flanks with their pace and whip balls in. We haven't got the flare to play all these fancy diamond formations at present. Stick to basics until team get used to each other and gel.  Play Gerrard at Centre Back with maybe Lovren.  Manquillo and Morena on either side. Coutinho and Hendo central.  And give strict advice to balo and Lambert to attack incoming balls.  Constantly playing a too narrow formation without the slick movement and interchange ability is not working.  Balo slows things down if he picks up central so get sterling and Lallana to the byline and whip in. That's what I'm thinking at present.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #655: Oct 22, 2014 11:25:23 pm
      You lack respect for members of this forum and I
      I only insult muppets who lack respect and understanding you in other words.

You talk sh*te - you say your views are more legitimate than others because 'I have supported this club since before they even existed!!!'. That isn't an insult, if so, grow a pair.

THAT is the issue.

Take a long hard look in the mirror for once. It's thanks to deluded guys like you that the whole of the fan community laughs at us - even RAWK are taking the piss out of us! You seem hellbent on dragging this forum through so much sh*t - you and your self-righteous self proclaimed 'veterans'.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #656: Oct 22, 2014 11:30:29 pm
      Our defence is all over the place at the moment and should be priority number 1.
      Our defence was sh*te last season and did Rodgers go into the January market to bolster it , did he F**k he done sweet F**k all and we fu**ed away the chance of winning the title .

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #657: Oct 22, 2014 11:34:29 pm
      Losing hurts - it always does. But sometimes you can stomach a defeat if you're seen to be trying to do something about it. A bit of fight and desire is the very least Liverpool fans should be expecting to see. If you give that then the fans will love you, no matter how sh*t you are.

That tonight though was an embarrassment to the name of Liverpool Football Club. The players didn't give a toss. Before, during and after the game it was all about how we'll do well to get a point. How we've already lost before a ball has been kicked. We went into the game knowing we were gonna lose. That's not F***ing on, not from this club.

Nobody put themselves about tonight. Nobody showed any sort of fight to go and knock Madrid off their game plan. It was the perfect chance for somebody to just go flying into a tackle, F**k the ball just stick the fella in row z. The crowd would of amped up the volume, the rest of the players would of got a lift and it would of sent Madrid shitting themselves. But all F***ing game we stood 10-15 paces off them and allowed them to pass the ball around. Even the first fifteen minutes when we supposedly played well, we didn't hurt them in any shape or form. Second half, they couldn't be arsed playing. They came out waiting for the ref to blow up for full time, we still couldn't do anything. Still ran away from the ball.

I don't think Real Madrid outclassed us tonight, I think we simply allowed them to play the game they wanted.

There was easily 6 or 7 players in Liverpool Red tonight that I could happily never see play for us again.

I'd rather get beat 11-0 with 11 players who show fight and desire than what I saw tonight. Throw the F***ing kids in cos they can't be any F***ing worse than that. If people are telling me Jordon Ibe couldn't do what Markovic is doing then they're F***ing idiots. 20 million for somebody who is no F***ing better than a young lad we already had on our books. 16 million for Balotelli when we've got Harry Wilson scoring for fun in the youth team. 10 million for Can, who I thought was probably our best player tonight, when Rossiter is sitting there just waiting for a chance. 25 million for Lallana, so he can drag it back once, twice, three times and lose the ball. 20 million for a centre half who can't F***ing head a ball.

Not to mention the players we already had. Johnson who is F***ing useless. How we sold Kelly but kept him is beyond me. Henderson, who I do rate, shitting himself to play the ball forward (when he did we should of got a foul from Arbeloa on Sterling). And Gerrard, the one player I thought could raise the rest of the team, not giving a toss. He was probably the most defeatist of the lot before the game. Sickening to hear it.

Ah F**k me that was shambolic.

As for Rodgers' subs tonight. They were F***ing mind blowing. We need 3 goals to get a point so we'll bring the forward off and throw a midfielder on. Why the F**k buy Rickie Lambert if he's not use him? I know we tried flogging Borini but since we couldn't, why not have him on the bench? Surely he's gonna be more of a threat than Markovic? And then to bring Coutinho off, the one fella who looked to be making things happen, was just down right daft.

As I've already said, Real Madrid did not outclass us tonight. We simply allowed them to do what the F**k they wanted. Any team in the world, given the kind of space we gave them, is gonna exploit it. I really can't understand how we couldn't even press them and get the F***ing boot in occasionally.

Well F**k it, it's gone. Ain't gonna dwell on it. Hopefully a few home truths get said in training and we can move onto a successful third consecutive League win against Hull.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #658: Oct 22, 2014 11:35:22 pm
      We are dire at present.  For whatever reason the free flowing football of last season is non-existent.  Whether thats due to Suarez's movement or the lack of that of present players.  I think this team is however capable.  Don't you think we just need to get back to basics. Eg. A 4-4-2? The least the likes of Sterling and Lallana can do is exploit the flanks with their pace and whip balls in. We haven't got the flare to play all these fancy diamond formations at present. Stick to basics until team get used to each other and gel.  Play Gerrard at Centre Back with maybe Lovren.  Manquillo and Morena on either side. Coutinho and Hendo central.  And give strict advice to balo and Lambert to attack incoming balls.  Constantly playing a too narrow formation without the slick movement and interchange ability is not working.  Balo slows things down if he picks up central so get sterling and Lallana to the byline and whip in. That's what I'm thinking at present.

I think we need to get back to basics regarding our defense. If we do, I think things can be built onto that and hopefully fall into place.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #659: Oct 22, 2014 11:38:39 pm
      Not long got in from the game,

A draw/win was more out of hope than anything, realistically we couldn't challenge with a world class team.
      Done well at times to keep their chances to a minimum, but any chance they did get they were clinical.
      Clear that Balotelli simply cannot play by himself upfront, would rather play Borini on his own or Lambert and Balotelli together.
      Coutinho was magic, some beautiful touches and passes and was perhaps unlucky to score, was very shocked when Brendan took him off, was clearly our man of the match for me. Emre Can and Lallana also looked good when they came on, everything else was a little average.

I put it down to simple lack of quality against a better opposition.

Mignolet-6
      Johnson-6
      Skrtel-7
      Lovren-5
      Moreno-6
      Gerrard-5
      Henderson-6
      Allen-5
      Coutinho-8
      Sterling-7
      Balotelli-4
      Lallana-7
      Emre Can-7
      Markovic-4

Atmosphere was class for the most part, and a win for Ludogorets means we're still very much in the hunt to qualify, onwards and upwards!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #660: Oct 22, 2014 11:41:00 pm
      You talk sh*te - you say your views are more legitimate than others because 'I have supported this club since before they even existed!!!'. That isn't an insult, if so, grow a pair.

THAT is the issue.

Take a long hard look in the mirror for once. It's thanks to deluded guys like you that the whole of the fan community laughs at us - even RAWK are taking the piss out of us! You seem hellbent on dragging this forum through so much sh*t - you and your self-righteous self proclaimed 'veterans'.

Suggest you join them then at RAWK  or would you prefer the Sad Red Cafe ?

Scuse me mate .
      It was you who coined the phrase.

You are definitely taking something . 
      The man who this evening on the BR thread said it was preferable to lose at Anfield than win a trophy at Wembley. FFS !

It was always the nutters that used to sit next to me on the bus when I was a kid.

Lets put it on the table shall we?

Billy 1 and I have got 100 years plus of supporting this club and will speak out if what we are seeing being served up is sh*te.
      Chuck in a few more members youve slagged off tonight you demented little pr**k and it all falls down on your head like a f**king chimney.

Just take your Ovaltine and f**k off to bed with your delusions. Dont forget your medication now.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #661: Oct 22, 2014 11:41:47 pm
      Our defence was sh*te last season and did Rodgers go into the January market to bolster it , did he F**k he done sweet F**k all and we fu**ed away the chance of winning the title .

I do agree. But in hindsight, had he brought someone in, I don't think it'd have made much difference.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #662: Oct 22, 2014 11:45:49 pm
      Suggest you join them then at RAWK  or would you prefer the Sad Red Cafe ?

Scuse me mate .
      It was you who coined the phrase.

You are definetly taking something . 
      The man who this evening said it was preferable to lose at Anfield than win a trophy at Wembley. FFS !

Its always the nutters that used to sit next to me on the bus when I was a kid.

Lets put it on the table shall we?

Billy 1 and I have got 100 years plus of supporting this club and will speak out if what we are seeing being served up is sh*te.
      Chuck in a few more members youve slagged off tonight you demented little pr**k and it all falls down on your head like a f**king chimney.

Just take your Ovaltine and f**k off to bed with your delusions. Dont forget your medication now.

Ha ha, the lies keep coming - I said I'd rather lose at Anfield in the European Cup than win some poxy Cup with no European status.

I think the majority would rather have us in the Champions League.

Oh, and by the way, the nutter was closer to home than you think, as nobody sat beside you on the bus.... must have been making it all up, just like all the other sh*te you've spewed on this forum.

And please stop going on about how long you've supported this club - makes you look even more the amateur debater you are.

Guys like you are beyond parody. It's like a schizophrenic Dad's Army here.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #663: Oct 22, 2014 11:47:01 pm

Skip, I've no problem with you and Billy is probably the poster I respect more than anybody on this forum but whether you've 100 years supporting this club or 100 days, you're gonna speak out if what you're seeing at your club is sh*te.

I've probably only witnessed half (maybe even less) than some on here but ain't no f**ker gonna try and tell my opinions sh*t based on how long I've been supporting this club. We can't help when we're born and we're not Marty McFly with a flying delorean to take us back in time.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #664: Oct 22, 2014 11:47:52 pm
      ..... Back to the game. Madrid have over 600 CL caps between them. They have two squads of top players, at their peak and very experienced. We on the other hand have very little CL experience, a new team, a young team, less quality etc.
      So it is no disgrace; however, I had some observations.

After our early pressing, when Madrid got back into it we seemed to be defending in 1 straight line at times. Literally strung across the pitch, no player taking responsibility. I found this worrying. it seemed like we now how to play a high tempo pressing game and thats all. I really think our defensive issues stem from our shape once we concede possession.

It is hard to see if Mignolet is not good enough because a lot of his errors seem to be related to his positioning which in turn could stem from the overall defensive shape of our team. Having said that his punching is abysmal.

Similarly with the individual defensive performances. It's like the overall shape is interfering with individual decisions.

Balotelli is on the one hand a whinger on the other hand he is used to playing controlled, tactics driven football. He was a negative influnce tonight and I was glad he was dragged.

Lallana, love him. His effort and quality are a real positive.

Coutinho, similar. A very promising player.

Sterling, excellent. Criticism of him only stems from the fact he is already so good. His attitude is excellent.

Loved seeing Can's cameo. Have high hopes.

I think for those of you saying we should buy quality etc. Two points. We cannot follow Madrid or Chelsea or Bayern who are buying trophies. We can Atletico and Dortmund, who can beat these teams consistently with far less resources. It will take time.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #665: Oct 22, 2014 11:48:53 pm
      Ha ha, the lies keep coming - I said I'd rather lose at Anfield in the European Cup than win some poxy Cup with no European status.

Whatever way you've dress it up, you've said you'd rather see Liverpool lose than win.

That's just plain F***ing wrong.

If you're telling me you got more satisfaction watching us lose tonight than beat Cardiff in the League Cup final of 2012 then you are a complete and utter pr**k.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #666: Oct 22, 2014 11:49:39 pm

Billy 1 and I have got 100 years plus of supporting this club and will speak out if what we are seeing being served up is sh*te which means I'm better than everyone on here and much more knowledgeable about the club, therefore I am always right and anyone with less experience as a fan knows nothing

Fixed.

Quick Reply