Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Christmas Dinner

Read 1792 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Christmas Dinner
      Oct 23, 2014 09:01:17 am
      I feel there isn't enough talk about this. Food is a vital component of life. No food is more important than Christmas Dinner. So what, if anything, do you guys g=have on your Christmas dinner? Maybe its different in one part of the world to another.  ;)

Also, can anyone suggest anywhere for a Christmas meal in Liverpool, for 8-10 people, including bloody vegetarian options?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Christmas Dinner
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2014 10:44:49 am
      I feel there isn't enough talk about this. Food is a vital component of life. No food is more important than Christmas Dinner. So what, if anything, do you guys g=have on your Christmas dinner? Maybe its different in one part of the world to another.  ;)

Also, can anyone suggest anywhere for a Christmas meal in Liverpool, for 8-10 people, including bloody vegetarian options?

Usual traditional dinner but the sambos are my favourite.

Turkey and ham sambos with sauce.
      Probably the only time brown sauce is acceptable.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2014 05:33:41 pm
      I feel there isn't enough talk about this.

Most of us at least try and get Halloween out of the way first Semps. ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2014 05:43:57 pm
      including bloody vegetarian options?

Now that does seem like a very tough ask! :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2014 07:30:41 pm
      I had an email today from the Turkey farm where we buy our turkey but I fancy a Goose this year
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Oct 24, 2014 07:33:35 pm
      I had an email today from the Turkey farm where we buy our turkey but I fancy a Goose this year

Will your Wife be ok with you having a goose Walton my old mate, cheers.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #6: Oct 24, 2014 08:26:57 pm
      Hate Sunday roasts which is basically what a Christmas dinner is a plate full of stodge. Also hate all the sat round a table tosh, kids don't want to be there and the day is for them in my eyes. So I put a buffet on from around midday and it's open house for anyone to pop round see us kids or just for a drink which usually goes on until the small hours.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Oct 24, 2014 08:32:09 pm
      Hate Sunday roasts which is basically what a Christmas dinner is a plate full of stodge. Also hate all the sat round a table tosh, kids don't want to be there and the day is for them in my eyes. So I put a buffet on from around midday and it's open house for anyone to pop round see us kids or just for a drink which usually goes on until the small hours.

I love the 'round the table tosh'.  It's quite often, because my family is spread far & wide, the only time a lot of us see each other and we get a lot of catching up done and it can take up to 2-3 hrs to finish.  Everyone takes it in turns to keep the kids entertained/occupied.  I'll miss it this year, which is a shame, as it's the last big family one as two parts of the family are emigrating to Singapore and Cyprus.   

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #8: Oct 24, 2014 09:02:58 pm
      I love the 'round the table tosh'.  It's quite often, because my family is spread far & wide, the only time a lot of us see each other and we get a lot of catching up done and it can take up to 2-3 hrs to finish.  Everyone takes it in turns to keep the kids entertained/occupied.  I'll miss it this year, which is a shame, as it's the last big family one as two parts of the family are emigrating to Singapore and Cyprus.   

Ahh that's because you are old.....or at least older  ;D nothing worse for a kid in my opinion than shower them with great gifts then make them sit around the table unable to play with them.

We do all the sitting around adult tosh on boxing day..... And I still hate it.

Quick Reply