Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2015

Read 38703 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2015
      Reply #46: Jan 23, 2015 12:04:46 pm
      Rhodes ended the season with 41 Premier League goals, top scorer by far (the second player with most goals had 22). His partner Babacar scored another 21 EPL goals and Angel Correa made 20 assists in the EPL.

As a result, I finished 3rd in the league. I guess without Rhodes I would have finished 13th.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #47: Jan 25, 2015 07:50:45 am
      Rhodes ended the season with 41 Premier League goals, top scorer by far (the second player with most goals had 22). His partner Babacar scored another 21 EPL goals and Angel Correa made 20 assists in the EPL.

As a result, I finished 3rd in the league. I guess without Rhodes I would have finished 13th.
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #48: Jan 31, 2015 01:19:32 pm
      Jordan Rhodes in my save so far:

2014/15: 55 (1) games, 40 goals and 19 assists
      2015/16: 44 games, 47 goals and 14 assists
      2016/17: 54 (3) games, 51 goals and 16 assists

Unreal. Top scorer of the EPL once again, with 10 goals more than Diego Costa, who finished 2nd in the scoring charts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Jan 31, 2015 02:30:30 pm
      What role did you use him? Sold him after 6 months - he couldn't score a goal to save his life. And i had him in front of a Liverpool midfield.

Tried him as a poacher, advanced forward, target man and complete forward.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Feb 01, 2015 12:53:20 pm
      What role did you use him? Sold him after 6 months - he couldn't score a goal to save his life. And i had him in front of a Liverpool midfield.

Tried him as a poacher, advanced forward, target man and complete forward.

Usually as poacher or a complete forward. He's amazing for me. The high number of assists has much to do with the fact I nearly always play him alongside another striker (in the EPL, it has been Khouma Babacar or Jordan Ayew) who are also pretty good strikers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #51: Feb 01, 2015 02:50:58 pm
      Yeah he had Sturridge, Zivkovic and Icardi with him the whole time, sometimes Coutinho/Markovic/Sterling. Never did sh*t :(

Oh well, got Munir, Zivkovic, Sterling and a superstar 20 year old regen i got for free from PSG up front. PSG and Monaco have given me so many amazing players for free or cheap.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2015 11:16:52 pm
      Guys if you haven't done it yet Southampton is a damn enjoyable game

Here's my team start of 5th season

GK Lloris/Butland

LB Shaw/Bertrand

CB Balanta/Mammama
      CB Toby alderweird/Stones

RB Chambers/Stones

DMRomero/Pirlo

CMBarkley/Tielemens
      CM Ward-Prowse/Tielemens

LAM Coman/Oxlade

RAM Bale/Oxlade

ST Barbosa/Fierro/Werner

1st season : 4th, semis of league cup

2nd season : 5th, won Europa

3rd season : 2nd, won FA Cup

4th season : 1st, runners up in league cup and CL

I've sold big to fund that team. £68M for Douglas Costa, £55M for Depay, £38M Digne, £28M Wanyama
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #53: Feb 15, 2015 07:23:15 pm
      I had a great save with our team, but i decided to stop playing it because i will start a new game (long save) anyway when the new patch comes out.

Won the Title in my first season using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation who worked very well with my players.

The lineup was : Mignolet - Lars Bender - Lovren - Skrtel - Moreno - Gerrard - Henderson - Coutinho - Sterling - Balotelli - Sturridge

Subs : Jones, Lucas Romero, Balanta, Odegaard, Lambert, Markovic, Lallana.

Players sold : Borini, Toure, Yesil, Glen Johnson, Flanagan, Manquillo loan terminated and Lucas Leiva.

Players bought : Lars Bender, Balanta, Romero, Odegaard, Ajer, Coric, Dino Halilovic.

In my second season i sold all the loaned out players (Aspas, Origi, Alberto, Wisdom, Ilori, Coates, Assaidi) + Lallana, Allen, Skrtel, Jones, Lambert, Markovic, Emre Can, Sakho

I bought : De Bruyne, Danilo, Chiriches and Berahino.

So my team looked like this : Mignolet - Danilo - Lovren - Balanta - Moreno - Romero - Henderson - Coutinho - De Bruyne - Sterling - Sturridge but i used also a 4-2-2-2 system with Balotelli in place of Henderson.

Subs : Fulton, Chiriches, Odegaard, Bender, Berahino, Rossiter, Henderson/Balotelli.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #54: Feb 15, 2015 11:20:02 pm
      Don't sell Can :( He becomes an absolute monster in CM. Just play him for the first two seasons and he becomes superb with his stats.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Feb 15, 2015 11:44:38 pm
      I'm struggling to get into the game and it's frustrating. I was part way through my 2nd season with Liverpool and got sick of racking up numerous injuries every week.

S. Romero - Flanagan - Murillo - Balanta - Moreno - Lucas - L. Romero - Sterling - Barbosa - Depay - Sturridge

Byram - Sakho - Can - Odegaard - Coutinho - Markovic - Balotelli

Think I might just start over again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Feb 19, 2015 01:55:07 pm
      Got a new laptop so naturally put FM on it and started a new save. Went with Udinese this time.

Not many signings but landed Slavitskiy on a free and Odegaard both coming in January. Only signings at the start were Suso and Jose Maria Gimenez on loan and Fabio Daprela at left back.

Trying to get a ton of players off the wage bill to hopefully get Pereyra to sign a new contract before he leaves. He is worth £14m out on loan at Juventus so i dont want to lose him for free.

Soooooo many loans to look at. That relationship between Watford and Granada has a million players all over the shop.

Was unbeaten in 8 games and top of the league. Now come back to just better than mid table. Bit of a log jam though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #57: Feb 19, 2015 02:00:56 pm
      At the moment I've got:

----------------Leno
      Flano------Skrtel----Sahko------Moreno
      ----------------Gerrard

----------Henderson---Coutinho

---------------Sterling/Depay

----------Balo---------Sturridge

Only really bought in Leno and Depay, both been great buys. Sold Borini and a few others not worth noting. In March and 2nd in the table, Chelsea are 7 points ahead and looking unbeatable.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Feb 19, 2015 06:23:23 pm
      Got a new laptop so naturally put FM on it and started a new save. Went with Udinese this time.

Not many signings but landed Slavitskiy on a free and Odegaard both coming in January. Only signings at the start were Suso and Jose Maria Gimenez on loan and Fabio Daprela at left back.

Trying to get a ton of players off the wage bill to hopefully get Pereyra to sign a new contract before he leaves. He is worth £14m out on loan at Juventus so i dont want to lose him for free.

Soooooo many loans to look at. That relationship between Watford and Granada has a million players all over the shop.

Was unbeaten in 8 games and top of the league. Now come back to just better than mid table. Bit of a log jam though.

Talking about loans, one weird thing about this FM is that I have had no trouble at all in renewing loans every season.

In my Blackburn save for example, I got Kurt Zouma (Chelsea) and Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid) on loan in my first season in the EPL. I then managed to renew that loan for one season more, when I then got into the UCL. I thought having made it this far, and with both players progressing fantastically well (Correa led the EPL in assists 2 years in a row), I thought their clubs would want them back - but I was actually able to renew their loans for a 3rd and later 4th seasons! Even after I won the title with Blackburn, Chelsea still let me keep Zouma on loan. I'm currently on Zouma's last year of his contract with Chelsea and hope to sign him on a free... which is a really bizarre situation, as he's been at the club for 4+ years and is my current vice-captain.

I also kept Ben Davies on loan for 2 or 3 seasons, before finally buying him permanently.

Think it's a really weird and unrealistic aspect of the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #59: Feb 19, 2015 07:19:48 pm
      And that's just through choosing the ''propose loan extension''? I have a few lads i wouldn't mind keeping if i can do that.

I have a DM called Alan from Brazil who is on loan from Granada. He would be superb to keep hold of.

Started the save yesterday and i'm up to March already. Sittting in a 3 way tie for 4th but its very close from 3rd to 9th or so.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: Feb 19, 2015 07:24:36 pm
      And that's just through choosing the ''propose loan extension''? I have a few lads i wouldn't mind keeping if i can do that.

Yeah I think so. Just try to make an offer for your players on loan at the end of the season (around May or June, not sure when this option is first available) and you'll see there's an option of making a loan offer which in my case they always accepted as long as I met their monthly requirements, which usually went up every season but they never refused loaning them to me right away. At this point you're not able to make loan offers for anyone yet, only those players already at your club
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #61: Feb 19, 2015 07:32:43 pm
      Yeah I think so. Just try to make an offer for your players on loan at the end of the season (around May or June, not sure when this option is first available) and you'll see there's an option of making a loan offer which in my case they always accepted as long as I met their monthly requirements, which usually went up every season but they never refused loaning them to me right away. At this point you're not able to make loan offers for anyone yet, only those players already at your club

Good to know! May come in handy for sure with half my team being in on loan :D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2015 01:22:31 pm
      I read a lot of user reviews back at release complaining about unrealistic match results, too many injuries and a bad 3D match engine. To what extent do you guys agree with these comments, and if so, how much have the patches helped?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #63: Feb 20, 2015 02:04:31 pm
      I read a lot of user reviews back at release complaining about unrealistic match results, too many injuries and a bad 3D match engine. To what extent do you guys agree with these comments, and if so, how much have the patches helped?

Match results are fine really, I've been hit hard with injuries just recently but before that it has been ok and the engine is annoying but you stop watching it like a real game and learn how the engine works so it becomes easier to watch in that way but yea it could certainly be more realistic.

I like it, it's the best manager game out there by a long way. My biggest gripe however is that you get pillaged with transfers, you need to spend 10million on a player that other teams will get for 3million and that happens all the time. Recently I had a 4mill bid turned down with a 20% back of next transfer for a young striker... The next month he signs for Benfica for 1million and a 10% transfer back. That is the games biggest and certainly most frustrating flaw imo.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Feb 20, 2015 02:27:15 pm

Don't you feel like people say stuff like that pretty much every year?

And the game obviously is never perfect, but always ridiculously fun to me.

I do not have many problems with injuries at all and I think the game engine is OK. The two most unrealistic things I have noticed are the loan transfers thing I've mentioned before AND comebacks - it's amazing how often teams make fantastic comebacks in this game, and you have to be very careful with your tactics or you might end up throwing away some results that seem just about safe. The amount of times I was winning 3-0, got complacent and let the opponent draw in the first couple of seasons was infuriating.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #65: Feb 20, 2015 02:35:11 pm
      Match results are fine really, I've been hit hard with injuries just recently but before that it has been ok and the engine is annoying but you stop watching it like a real game and learn how the engine works so it becomes easier to watch in that way but yea it could certainly be more realistic.

I like it, it's the best manager game out there by a long way. My biggest gripe however is that you get pillaged with transfers, you need to spend 10million on a player that other teams will get for 3million and that happens all the time. Recently I had a 4mill bid turned down with a 20% back of next transfer for a young striker... The next month he signs for Benfica for 1million and a 10% transfer back. That is the games biggest and certainly most frustrating flaw imo.

Don't you feel like people say stuff like that pretty much every year?

And the game obviously is never perfect, but always ridiculously fun to me.

I do not have many problems with injuries at all and I think the game engine is OK. The two most unrealistic things I have noticed are the loan transfers thing I've mentioned before AND comebacks - it's amazing how often teams make fantastic comebacks in this game, and you have to be very careful with your tactics or you might end up throwing away some results that seem just about safe. The amount of times I was winning 3-0, got complacent and let the opponent draw in the first couple of seasons was infuriating.

Yeah you're probably right Diego, they often are common complaints every year. Just seemed there were more negative user reviews than usual for FM15.

Thank you both for your views!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2015 01:47:28 pm
      My gripe with FM15 is the transfers and goalkeepers.

Transfers: their value is 1m for an 18 year old and the club wants 80 million for them. You bid 10m for a player valued at 4m and they want 35m, they then get bids from 5+ clubs for 8m and all accepted. So many unrealistic transfer values.

Goalkeepers: Their recovery is ridiculously bad. If they make a save, forget about the rebound. They don't get up off the ground for 5 seconds so double saves are literally impossible.

Like Mag says, you get used to the engine and find ways to adjust and win games. Each FM is different i find, but after a few saves and seasons, you pick up how it works and you find tactics that work. I still love (and hate) the game.

If only the transfer system was fixed. It's been like that since my first FM save in 2008.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Feb 21, 2015 02:06:11 pm
      Just recently started an Atletico save. I've never managed a Spanish team before and they have a few players in their late 20's to early 30s (Miranda, Godin, Gabi, Tiago, Juanfran etc). In the first transfer window I signed Doumbia for 9.5m, Odegaard for 1.8m and Suso on loan. I did sign Felipe Anderson on loan but I'm only allowed 3 non EU players in the squad so had to send him back.

My starting 11 at the moment is looking like:

Oblak - Juanfran - Godin - Miranda - Siqueira - Koke - Saul - Cerci - Correa - Griezmann - Doumbia
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #68: Mar 18, 2015 11:07:44 pm
      Season 2021/22:

Dias (regen)

Delgadillo (regen)
      Varane
      Balanta
      Digne

Ruben Neves (regista)
      Coutinho (advanced playmaker - attack)
      Verratti (DLP - support)
      Tielemens (CM - attack)

Munir (F9 - support)
      Zivkovic (AF - attack)

Somehow lost the league last season. Leading the whole way by around 8+ points and then Chelsea went on a run and i conceded a last minute goal to City in the last game (my 5th EPL game in 10 days...) to lose the title on goal difference by way of goals scored.

Wont the CL, CWC and both domestic cups.

Quick Reply