Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match League Cup - Liverpool v Swansea. Tuesday 28th October, ko 8pm

Read 5943 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Pre Match League Cup - Liverpool v Swansea. Tuesday 28th October, ko 8pm
      Oct 27, 2014 12:16:30 pm
      Tomorrow night sees Brendan Rodgers Liverpool take on his old Club Swansea in the League Cup, a trophy last won by Liverpool Football Club in 2012 under the stewardship of Kenny Dalglish.  It is a trophy held in high regard by the Anfield faithful, having won it more times than any other English side.

In the last round we saw the senior debut of two Academy graduates in Jordan Rossiter, 17 and Jordan Williams, 18 against a strong Middlesbrough side who took Liverpool to a thrilling penalty shootout, with the home side running out eventual winners 14-13.

For those home in time from work there is live pre match buildup from Anfield available free on LFCTV GO

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/173279-5pm-gmt-swansea-preview-at-anfield

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Match League Cup - Liverpool v Swansea. Tuesday 28th October, ko 8pm
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2014 12:20:48 pm
      its always good to get another game in quickly after a poor performance. Does Brendan stay with a strong team and hope it gives a decent performance or go with a side of players that need a game.
      I wish I knew the answer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2014 12:23:22 pm
      If Brendan's has a moment of clarity and figures out that starting with 2 strikers will make us more potent then we have a chance. If he sticks with Balotelli up front on his own then I think we'll struggle.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2014 12:23:28 pm
      This doesn't seem to be on TV? Checked Sky, ITV, BT sports etc to no avail.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #4: Oct 27, 2014 12:30:05 pm
      This doesn't seem to be on TV? Checked Sky, ITV, BT sports etc to no avail.

Nope, although tickets are still on sale...

Certainly should be putting out as strong a team as possible, only ones I would consider dropping are Gerrard and Balotelli, for fitness and performance issues.
      I'd go...
                                  Jones
                Johnson  Skrtel   Lovren  Moreno
                                  Can
                      Henderson   Coutinho
                               Lallana
                        Borini     Lambert

Mignolet; Toure, Enrique; Allen, Sterling, Markovic; Balotelli

Although I can perhapse see Enrique, Mignolet and Sterling getting the nod.
      Perhaps a couple of youngsters such as Rossiter and Stewart who were left out of the under 21's game at the weekend.

A good performance would be very nice although just a win in any cup game is preferable, hopefully without extra time and 30 penalties this time...

I'm going for 2-1 Lambert + Coutinho
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Oct 27, 2014 12:32:51 pm
      Gerrard will be rested. apart from that, Im not sure.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Oct 27, 2014 12:47:13 pm
      I wanna see Markovic, Lambert and Can start as these are exactly the games we brought the extra players in for.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #7: Oct 27, 2014 12:53:54 pm
      Would start with the same back-5 that kept a clean sheet

Mignolet
      Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
      Lucas
      Hendo-Coutinho
      Borini-Lambert-Markovic

Subs - Jones, Sterling, Lallana, Mario, Can, Johnson, Toure
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2014 12:56:19 pm
                            Mignolet
      Johson       Skrtel     Toure      Enrique
                              Lucas
                  Can                Henderson
      Markovic                                   Borini
                        Lambert
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #9: Oct 27, 2014 02:29:02 pm
      Don't care how we get it but we need a win to boost morale in the squad.

Newcastle away will be harder after the confidence they got from winning at Spurs. The fact we're toothless without Sturridge makes every game a struggle for us right now. Then we have Madrid and Chelsea and Palace away. If we don't start getting results the pressure will increase on the manager and players and it's going to spiral into a disaster like 2009/10.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Oct 27, 2014 03:04:45 pm
      I'd like to see Rossiter play in this game again, especially after impressing in the previous round. I don't expect to see Borini in the starting line up, he has come out saying how he and Brendan aren't talking and he's furious about not being part of match day squads in recent weeks.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #11: Oct 27, 2014 05:27:52 pm
      Definitely don't want to see Gerrard and Raheem for this one there is bigger fish to fry.
      If Brendan is going to insist with Balotelli then this is the game to start lambert with him and see how they get on.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Oct 27, 2014 06:10:41 pm
      I'd like to see Rossiter play in this game again, especially after impressing in the previous round. I don't expect to see Borini in the starting line up, he has come out saying how he and Brendan aren't talking and he's furious about not being part of match day squads in recent weeks.

To be honest if I was Borini I'd be plenty pissed off at Brendan as well, how the feck does Balotelli get a game above any of our other strikers is a mystery to me?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #13: Oct 27, 2014 06:11:30 pm
      Time for Sterling and Gerrard to rest indeed. Coutinho and Lallana should start this one. The back four that played Hull could do with another run here - if they get another clean sheet would do good to their morale and the team as a whole too.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Oct 27, 2014 06:14:54 pm
      To be honest if I was Borini I'd be plenty pissed off at Brendan as well, how the feck does Balotelli get a game above any of our other strikers is a mystery to me?

Think it's no mystery, mate. Brendan wants to prove a point with Balotelli and will start him in as many games as he can, even a Cup game, hoping that Mario finally gets his goal in an attempt to show that the gamble will pay off.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #15: Oct 27, 2014 06:38:16 pm
      Well, seeing as Swansea are a good footballing team, with some tricky players and are probably hoping for a good cup run, also factor in we're not exactly flying atm and I reckon we'll manage a close, hard fought win. Going for a 2-1 win!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Oct 27, 2014 06:43:22 pm
      Play our strongest team and beat Swansea, do  not worry about the next game put all the effort into beating Swansea.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #17: Oct 27, 2014 06:54:39 pm
      why isnt the game on tele? two preimer league teams meetimg in a cup tie and its not in. who make these desicions?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18: Oct 27, 2014 07:00:57 pm
      I think we need to give the squad players a run out.... hopefully one or two of them will show enough to push their case for a chance in the league games.

Jones
      Manquillo              Toure              Lovren           Enrique

Can    Lucas
      Markovic                                                       Lallana

Lambert     Borini

Having looked at that team I picked, I think we will probably get beaten, so maybe we need Sterling, Henderson or Coutinho to come on at half time. If by some fluke we are winning bring on Rossiter and Williams.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Oct 27, 2014 07:03:33 pm
      Just make life simple.

Lets get a result.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Oct 27, 2014 07:04:57 pm
      I think we need to give the squad players a run out.... hopefully one or two of them will show enough to push their case for a chance in the league games.

Jones
      Manquillo              Toure              Lovren           Enrique

Can    Lucas
      Markovic                                                       Lallana

Lambert     Borini

Having looked at that team I picked, I think we will probably get beaten, so maybe we need Sterling, Henderson or Coutinho to come on at half time. If by some fluke we are winning bring on Rossiter and Williams.

This.

We have supposedly bolstered our squad so an entirely different Xi should be good enough.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Oct 27, 2014 07:05:59 pm
      I'm F***ing dreading this!  :D
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 27, 2014 07:08:52 pm
      Definitely don't want to see Gerrard and Raheem for this one there is bigger fish to fry.
      If Brendan is going to insist with Balotelli then this is the game to start lambert with him and see how they get on.

Not sure I follow this to be honest, this is a trophy we can win this season. To win a trophy you need to be consistent, we are not that for sure but still think if we get a result tomorrow night we have every chance of winning this and shut up all the so called pundits and others! I would like to see us play our strongest side and not worry about other games now. We need to gel together, which we are not so far. Let's hope for a strong line up and a win. I'am sure we would like a trip to Wembley.

Quick Reply