Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match League Cup - Liverpool v Swansea. Tuesday 28th October, ko 8pm

Read 5946 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Pre Match League Cup - Liverpool v Swansea. Tuesday 28th October, ko 8pm
      Reply #46: Oct 28, 2014 12:33:38 pm
      ^
      Here is a link to the channel.
      http://world-livestreaming.eu/bein-sport-1-hd/
      MsGerrard
      Reply #47: Oct 28, 2014 12:38:41 pm
      3rd game in 6 days....no wonder I'm broke !!

Off again to the match this afternoon, no goals in the last two games, can you change that tonight please Redmen, a win, any win will do me just nicely, no extra time and penalties tonight please lads, it makes it sooooo late before i get home  :laugh:

Reckon on seeing a mixture of first teamers and fringe players tonight, but Brendan will know all about the strenghts of his previous club and he will not take them lightly, we'll need to be on song to beat these.

Come on you mighty REDS !!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #48: Oct 28, 2014 12:43:48 pm
      Hoping for a sexy attacking performance tonight. Free flowing positive football is all I ask.

Please

If we had Stu up front maybe. Mario and Rickie won't be bringing sexy back that's for sure.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #49: Oct 28, 2014 12:48:17 pm
      We must go for this cup. Best possible 11 please Brendan. Merci.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Oct 28, 2014 01:03:34 pm
      Don't think we'll be seeing Cou tonight, I've heard he's carrying an injury which is why he didn't start on Saturday.  We'll definitely be seeing a mixture of starters and squaddies with maybe a couple of youngsters but this is a much more difficult game than Middlesbrough.  They're no push overs, even at Anfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #51: Oct 28, 2014 01:11:12 pm
      We must go for this cup. Best possible 11 please Brendan. Merci.

I don't think Brendan knows what his best possible 11 is. If he starts Mario as a lone striker again he definitely doesn't know his best 11 or best formation.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Oct 28, 2014 01:25:10 pm
      3rd game in 6 days....no wonder I'm broke !!

Off again to the match this afternoon, no goals in the last two games, can you change that tonight please Redmen, a win, any win will do me just nicely, no extra time and penalties tonight please lads, it makes it sooooo late before i get home  :laugh:

Reckon on seeing a mixture of first teamers and fringe players tonight, but Brendan will know all about the strenghts of his previous club and he will not take them lightly, we'll need to be on song to beat these.

Come on you mighty REDS !!

Wow Cas lucky you!

Enjoy :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #53: Oct 28, 2014 01:26:13 pm
      why would we play our strongest team? sorry but i really don't care that much about the league cup because it isn't a priority for us. i care about the league first and foremost and then the champs league, then the fa cup...this is just a good training cup (this is my own opinion by the way before anyone lectures me about the importance of winning trophies).

play some of the lads who aren't getting regular games to get them up to speed, like can, markovic, coutinho, lambert and borinin up front and so on. don't get me wrong, a win is great for the morale, but i wouldn't lose any sleep over not being in this.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Oct 28, 2014 01:37:45 pm

I deffo need to get a place up there..save me all this travelling  ;D

Hope you and your beautiful lady are both good and well xxxx
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #55: Oct 28, 2014 01:49:06 pm
      Not too many changes for me, a defeat won't help our confidence levels at all.

Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Can, Henderson; Lallana, Coutinho, Balotelli; Lambert.

Basically the same formation as the last 30 minutes of the Hull game with Balo cutting in from that left.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #56: Oct 28, 2014 02:03:58 pm
      Couldn't believe that stat I saw on the BBC - not beaten a Premier League side in the League Cup since 2006?

Can see the Swans beating us tonight - although all depends on what strength of side they put out.  Might be in our best interest to have our focus on the Newcastle game.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #57: Oct 28, 2014 02:07:54 pm
      Couldn't believe that stat I saw on the BBC - not beaten a Premier League side in the League Cup since 2006?

Really? Didn't we beat Stoke, Chelsea and Man City (first leg) en route to winning the competition in 2011?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Oct 28, 2014 02:09:14 pm

Mainly because it is not true?

Stoke
      Chelsea
      Citeh

in 2011/12

West Brom 2012/13
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #59: Oct 28, 2014 02:19:07 pm
      Really? Didn't we beat Stoke, Chelsea and Man City (first leg) en route to winning the competition in 2011?

Mainly because it is not true?

Ha yeah - I went the Man City game as well.

Maybe the stat was we hadn't beaten a Premier League side at Anfield? Deffo remember reading 2006.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Oct 28, 2014 02:21:51 pm

Maybe the stat was we hadn't beaten a Premier League side at Anfield? Deffo remember reading 2006.

Yep, that's what they said on there.
      Just checked it because I thought even the BBC couldn't get it that badly wrong  :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #61: Oct 28, 2014 02:21:56 pm

Yeah that could be right ..... :(  bloody awful stat if it is.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Oct 28, 2014 02:46:14 pm
      Jones

Johnson Skrtel Toure Enrique

Lucas

Rossiter Coutinho

Markovic

Lambert Balotelli

That would be my starting 11. Usually I wouldn't choose Lucas but he's one of the senior members of the squad that hasn't been getting regular minutes in the league so I expect to see him start tonight. It also provides a good opportunity to see if Lambert and Balotelli can form any kind of partnership from the start of a game. Markovic could also do with game time to get himself used to English football.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #63: Oct 28, 2014 02:46:32 pm
      It ends tonight. I believe!

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Oct 28, 2014 02:50:57 pm
      It ends tonight. I believe!

YNWA

It does mate, no replays in this competition, or is that not what you meant  :f_tongueincheek:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: Oct 28, 2014 03:18:59 pm
      Yep, that's what they said on there.
      Just checked it because I thought even the BBC couldn't get it that badly wrong  :D

Haha that sounds about right, actually.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Oct 28, 2014 03:19:45 pm
      Jones

Johnson Skrtel Toure Enrique

Lucas

Rossiter Coutinho

Markovic

Lambert Balotelli

That would be my starting 11. Usually I wouldn't choose Lucas but he's one of the senior members of the squad that hasn't been getting regular minutes in the league so I expect to see him start tonight. It also provides a good opportunity to see if Lambert and Balotelli can form any kind of partnership from the start of a game. Markovic could also do with game time to get himself used to English football.

Would start Migs and Moreno. Fitness wont be an issue and both could do with more game time. Otherwise I agree with the team.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #67: Oct 28, 2014 03:23:42 pm
      I'm guessing we will play:

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Toure
      Smith

Henderson (c)
      Rossiter
      Can

Markovic
      Lambert
      Coutinho

Subs: B Jones; L Jones, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Williams; Borini.

I'm guessing Smith will play if Enrique is still injured.

Think this will be a good game and can see us winning 3-0  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Oct 28, 2014 03:52:00 pm
      I'm hoping Balotelli does not start, will be very interesting to see if the team lays better without him. I'd like to see us trying Lambert and Borini, surely Borini must be chomping at the bit to prove himself.

Quick Reply