Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC.TV (SKY - Virgin)

Read 18622 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      LFC.TV (SKY - Virgin)
      Oct 29, 2014 01:37:26 pm
      Charging £7 p/m to get HD LFC TV from start November.

Thoughts.

Im not sure if I can afford it on top of my current sky Bill.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Re: LFC.TV (SKY - Virgin)
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2014 02:12:10 pm
      Quite annoyed because I already pay sh*t loads for Sky. Thanks but no thanks LFC
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2014 02:21:10 pm
      I'll stick with LFCgo online, does what I need it to do.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2014 03:39:05 pm
      My probs really is I like coming home from work and sticking on LFC Live news. and all the highlights programmes.

Who am I kidding Ill probs just do it. ;D.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2014 04:51:50 pm
      It should be free.....it isn't now, but at the end of the day, that's only two pints of beer isn't it  ;) ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2014 04:54:35 pm
      More money in Uncle John's bank account!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Oct 29, 2014 05:59:08 pm
      That's good of them!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Oct 29, 2014 06:07:34 pm
      Don't have Sky, don't have Virgin either.

Saying that, I'd be disappointed to have to pay for something that I like, and that had been free.

SSN left freeview, and initially I was shocked, what was I going to do with my day, I enjoyed watched the same 5 SSN BREAKING NEWS articles over and over and over and over again.

I suspect this maybe the same, but I have never seen LFCtv.

The best advice I have ever received is "Let it go", If you don't want to pay the £7, or can not afford the £7, just let it go and forget it.

They obviously do not care about you, so just let it go. £7 per month is £84 a year.

Two questions, is LFC charging the money, or the broadcasters?

What do the other teams charge?

They could make it free, simply by adding it to the LFC membership.

But seriously, why do I have to pay to be a member, of the club I have supported through thick and thin for decades.

The culture SKY have created is abhorrent.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2014 06:31:48 pm
      £7 a month for what?

Repeats of live games the following evening.

They don't even show any friendlies live.

It was good to see the U21's but not for £7 a month. It's a no thanks for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2014 06:47:05 pm
      Like others I wont pay for something I already have .If they showed live games then I would pay a lot more than £7 per month but not for this .Half the time what is on the schedule isnt what is on the TV.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2014 06:50:22 pm
      What has simply amazed me is that Liverpool Football club have, to me sold out to Sky TV... which is owned by Murdogh...and what newspaper does he own also?...Hmmm let me think now !!..I don't even want to say "It's" name... >:(
      strange bit of business..

Why not BT ?

If they showed live games fair enough but i'm not interested in finding out what hair gel Coutinho uses or what car Studge's pimping round in... :roll:

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2014 08:17:43 pm
      To be fair, it was part of a subscription to Setanta I think before Setanta went bust, and then went free to air.. Both Chelsea TV and Man U TV both charge.. In that sense why would we not? That's probably what the club think.. It's not like theirs is free and we are the only ones bringing a charge in. I'm amazed it's stayed free as long as it has after Setanta

I won't be getting though.. Plenty of other places to get your fix
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2014 10:19:06 pm
      £7 a month is good value, if you don't value it at £7 a month then you don't value it much atall and it'll be no miss. I've felt for years it was strange you got a channel of that quality for free - ill gladly pay
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2014 10:23:10 pm
      No live first team games, errrrr another three quid and you can'watch them on another Chanel...think someone in charge of lfctv needs their bumps feeling... Stick it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2014 10:37:10 pm
      I won't pay it simply because I haven't got the time right now to make use of it.

Last time I checked the club channel though the picture was horrendous so I hope it's sorted for those that are paying for it.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2014 11:03:19 pm
      Disappointed but I am not at all surprised. Used to get in and just stick it on while making tea etc. Echoing what some have said I was surprised how long it stayed free.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2014 11:18:49 pm
      Making it HD wasn't the problem for me, it was the dull look of the studio when they were doing things in there. It wasn't very pleasing on the eye and would offer find myself switching over. I used to love watching it for the under-18 and under-21 matches but they've been few and far between as of late so I'm not sure I'll be getting it.

I had a feeling they would start charging soon as Man United and Chelsea have been doing for some time. It'd be worth it for those that can't watch the games live for whatever reason (always busy, working etc.) as they show the games the next day so you never have to miss a game then.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: Oct 30, 2014 06:38:21 pm
      Its an income that utd & chavski have over us, so makes sense from that point of view,a nd upgrading to HD probably cost a few bob.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #18: Oct 30, 2014 06:54:12 pm
      To be honest, surprised it was free for this long considering the Chavs and Mancs have been charging subscription for years.

Liked the Press box and that Thursday night live show could be ok depending on the guests but I wont be paying for it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19: Oct 30, 2014 07:14:28 pm
      Greed.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2014 11:02:23 pm
      Is it definitely gonna be £7 p/m for Virgin aswell? I've only seen it say that for Sky, it usually comes free with the XL package on Virgin Media?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Oct 30, 2014 11:44:36 pm
      Is it definitely gonna be £7 p/m for Virgin aswell? I've only seen it say that for Sky, it usually comes free with the XL package on Virgin Media?

I would say so Paul...I've got the XL package with Virgin and it's dissapeared now  :(
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Oct 31, 2014 08:15:46 am
      I find it a bit rich to have Shankly speaking in the promo as if he would have endorsed fleecing the fans for as much as possible
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2014 09:26:24 am
      Being a mug I know I'll get it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #24: Oct 31, 2014 09:55:16 am
      Poor presenters poor sound quality and repeats

Hardly watched it when it was free, so a no brainer for me
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Oct 31, 2014 10:06:05 am
      I think the sound problems etc. will be sorted with the upgrade to HD.

As noted above I liked the thursday night show and press box, and the match day commentary if game not televised.

SO I will probs add it to my sky package.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2014 10:48:05 am
      What a total crock - they should be looking to capitalise on the revenue of advertising now bleeding the fans in the UK for extra revenue..!

For me the product they offer is not worth the same as some other well polished products - especially for overall view ability and entertainment, for example adding most of the 'documentary's' is about £10 a month and that would work for all the family...

So what do you get for your money..? Simply put not a lot - the running order equates to13 hours of viewing. 1 interview with Folwer, an hour and a half of Kop Kids, 15 mins of under 18's and the Swansea game. This interlinked with some old footage of goals and LFC World which is pretty poor to be honest. So am I going to pay for that - especially as it would take my Sky deal to almost £80 a month?!

Now, if they got all the live games (and honestly I still don't understand why this cant happen in oppose to Sky / BT so we could see every LFC game!) or even if they got them straight after  (so all games were 90mins late) I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I wont be adding, simply because its not a good enough product to really warrant adding. Real shame too as this could be a great channel that is free to air - showing a hell of a lot of games and helping us attract a lot of new fans...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2014 12:19:01 pm

Now, if they got all the live games (and honestly I still don't understand why this cant happen in oppose to Sky / BT so we could see every LFC game!) or even if they got them straight after  (so all games were 90mins late) I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I wont be adding, simply because its not a good enough product to really warrant adding. Real shame too as this could be a great channel that is free to air - showing a hell of a lot of games and helping us attract a lot of new fans...

Jeez we're a fanbase that love a moan. You don't want it don't pay for it nobody's forcing you

Reason why they can't show live games is obviously because it clashes with the founding principle of the premier league in that tv deals are struck collectively in contrast to in Spain where 2 clubs eat up the vast majoriy of tv income
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2014 01:25:00 pm
      Thought it was sh*te when it was free so no chance of me paying for it.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2014 01:33:03 pm
      I want want to watch the U21s and U18s, so I will be purchasing in Jan!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2014 01:39:04 pm
      Nope, I used to watch the young uns and record LFC live to watch when I got home from work but the rest of it rehashed stuff that I've mostly seen, just because it'll be better quality won't make fork out 7 sovereigns for it. I don't know what chavtv and munttv are like but why do LFC value their service at £1 more?

They should of made it £4, they'd have probably doubled the subscriber base and made more.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2014 01:44:19 pm
      Nope, I used to watch the young uns and record LFC live to watch when I got home from work but the rest of it rehashed stuff that I've mostly seen, just because it'll be better quality won't make fork out 7 sovereigns for it. I don't know what chavtv and munttv are like but why do LFC value their service at £1 more?

They should of made it £4, they'd have probably doubled the subscriber base and made more.

????

I don't understand this mindset. £7 is nothing in the grand scheme. Cost of 20 cigs near enough, or a popcorn and juice at the cinema ???
       I rarely go to games and don't live in Liverpool so watching lfctv from time to time is my way of staying in touch with the club, £7 is a small price to pay for that
      LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2014 01:47:06 pm

????

I don't understand this mindset.

All depends on your budget mate, if you keep on adding to an already existing cost then you'd end up paying over £100 a month for tv, we've got the basics, docs. kids & music, I don't even pay for sports and we're still paying £54 a month.

It's not a mindset as such, it's more a principal.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33: Oct 31, 2014 01:52:38 pm
      All depends on your budget mate, if you keep on adding to an already existing cost then you'd end up paying over £100 a month for tv, we've got the basics, docs. kids & music, I don't even pay for sports and we're still paying £54 a month.

It's not a mindset as such, it's more a principal.

Fair enough
      I take turns between having sky in my name and my partners, means you're always paying half price and you get the incentives
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #34: Oct 31, 2014 02:54:49 pm

Jeez we're a fanbase that love a moan. You don't want it don't pay for it nobody's forcing you

Reason why they can't show live games is obviously because it clashes with the founding principle of the premier league in that tv deals are struck collectively in contrast to in Spain where 2 clubs eat up the vast majoriy of tv income

Yes - I would say that we are a fanbase that loves a moan too - however we are also a fanbase that are asked to stump up £700 a season ticket (3rd highest in prem for cheapest) and the second most expensive entry level ticket at £38 a game. On top of that they want £50 for a shirt - a kids shirt is about that too..!

Honestly, I don't give a rats ass about the founding principles of the Premier league - has it been good for football - honestly I don't think so. Has it been good for English football - and Liverpool, well I would say no, not really. What do we have now we didn't 30 years ago?! Its great for the money men, for the fans who want to see their club become a franchise or a rich mans play thing.

Im not a total purist, and don't call to be one - I am however an average fan of Liverpool FC - who care deeply about this club and other fans, fans that are now being asked stump up again more money to watch their club in any guise. It stinks to be honest....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Oct 31, 2014 03:21:05 pm
      It really isn't a quality channel and I have watched it since day one. they haven't been doing match commentary only and the guide is a joke it seldom reflects what is actually shown.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Nov 01, 2014 08:23:13 am
      Cancel the fascist BBC tv licence fee, and use that to pay LFC.TV. :-)

Here is how to dodge tv license dudes when they come knocking.

https://www.facebook.com/activeresistancetothetvlicence?fref=ts
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Nov 01, 2014 09:46:45 am
      Another way to milk the fans.
      F**k that. Maybe sign some World Class players first.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2014 06:10:34 pm
      Yes - I would say that we are a fanbase that loves a moan too - however we are also a fanbase that are asked to stump up £700 a season ticket (3rd highest in prem for cheapest) and the second most expensive entry level ticket at £38 a game. On top of that they want £50 for a shirt - a kids shirt is about that too..!

Honestly, I don't give a rats ass about the founding principles of the Premier league - has it been good for football - honestly I don't think so. Has it been good for English football - and Liverpool, well I would say no, not really. What do we have now we didn't 30 years ago?! Its great for the money men, for the fans who want to see their club become a franchise or a rich mans play thing.

Im not a total purist, and don't call to be one - I am however an average fan of Liverpool FC - who care deeply about this club and other fans, fans that are now being asked stump up again more money to watch their club in any guise. It stinks to be honest....
      [/quote

Well said great post

glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2014 07:43:27 am
      Having recently got rid of Sky Sports (& movies) - too damn expensive - I'm missing my regular fix and MOTD just doesn't cut it.

Those of you who do get LFCTV - is it worth it? I'm tempted and it certainly costs less than Sky Sports. How long does it take for match highlights/full game to come on?

Cheers
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Dec 31, 2014 09:05:20 am
      I don't have Sky - never had and never will but they'll only charge and continue to charge, if people are prepared to pay.

Vote with your feet and the cost will come down.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #41: Dec 31, 2014 09:33:21 am
      Hey they've got to help pay for the stadium refurb somehow along with ticket price hike this is just another revenue stream(yup fans pockets again).
      Not a chance am I paying for this as to be honest it was a bit sh*t youth games were worth a watch but the rest was endless repeats £7 no ta.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #42: Dec 31, 2014 11:41:09 am
      I don't have Sky - never had and never will but they'll only charge and continue to charge, if people are prepared to pay.

Vote with your feet and the cost will come down.

good luck with that, been thinking that for last 20 years
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Jan 03, 2015 12:11:19 am
      For anyone who has LFCGO, do they show live U21 & U18 games? I can't seem to find anything on the site and it seems as if they show highlights only?

If this is the case, I guess I'll be going for LFCTV.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Jan 03, 2015 12:52:01 am
      "LFC TV's Peter McDowall to announce the team".

Whilst George announces the subs, injury time and plays some tunes. An Anfield tradition!!

This is in no way, shape or form an attack on Peter - he seems like a sound lad, does a boss job in the media and has took advantage of his opportunity, so good on him.

But stop and think about how money is being spent at LFC.

And you now get charged for watching LFC TV. Kids love LFC TV. It's not for grown ups. It's for kids. I'm 37 and if LFC TV would have been about in the early 80's, it would have been the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't care less now. I know LFC is a club and not about individuals. But when you're a kid, you have idols.

By charging for LFC TV, LFC have removed a lot of future fans from their fan base. A lot of honest ones. It'll be left to the parents, uncles and aunties to scramble for a ticket or maybe watch the match in an alehouse.

But it's OK. When they get home from the match, they can talk to their kids about how LFC TV's Peter McDowall said "and for Liverpooooooooooool"....

I find it a bit rich to have Shankly speaking in the promo as if he would have endorsed fleecing the fans for as much as possible

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Jan 03, 2015 08:11:58 am
      "LFC TV's Peter McDowall to announce the team".

Whilst George announces the subs, injury time and plays some tunes. An Anfield tradition!!

This is in no way, shape or form an attack on Peter - he seems like a sound lad, does a boss job in the media and has took advantage of his opportunity, so good on him.

But stop and think about how money is being spent at LFC.

And you now get charged for watching LFC TV. Kids love LFC TV. It's not for grown ups. It's for kids. I'm 37 and if LFC TV would have been about in the early 80's, it would have been the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't care less now. I know LFC is a club and not about individuals. But when you're a kid, you have idols.

By charging for LFC TV, LFC have removed a lot of future fans from their fan base. A lot of honest ones. It'll be left to the parents, uncles and aunties to scramble for a ticket or maybe watch the match in an alehouse.

But it's OK. When they get home from the match, they can talk to their kids about how LFC TV's Peter McDowall said "and for Liverpooooooooooool"....

It's not for kids really? I'm the same age as you but had lfctv on religiously before they started charging for it, still upset about that. Not because I'm stingy, it's just the greed. It takes money to run it yes but the fan base generates the money behind closed doors, also the using lfc as a brand in foreign market money can go towards the upkeep.
      Weird move by the club.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #46: Jan 03, 2015 08:33:02 am
      Peter McDowell come across as a cock to me Ken.

May be wrong but I see him around town a fair bit and he comes across as an arrogant f**ker who thinks he's a lot more important than he is.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #47: Jan 03, 2015 10:12:00 am
      I'll probably never bother with Sky, BT or its ilk again, so I can't really wade in on this, but I do have LFC Go and it's brilliant when I've missed a match or when I get the chance, to watch an u-21 or below game live.  And I don't begrudge the £5 a month, with lovefilm, amazon prime and a little bit of streaming, I get most the entertainment and sports I want and to be honest, I'd be willing to lay out another £20-25 a month to watch any game live, no matter what time the kick-off, for safer, better run streams. The no 1500 Saturday games is something that needs sorting, especially as so many stream any way, before the Friday night game group the Premier League is looking into or that awful 39th game idea they had.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #48: Jan 03, 2015 06:53:15 pm
      It should be free online for members , we pay enough .The free to air channels seem to make a profit as well through advertisement so why not our beloved club .
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #49: Jan 03, 2015 06:59:17 pm
      I think £7 is decent, just a little under £2 a week I think I'm right in saying.

I don't ever intend on getting Sky and filling the pockets of that odious Murdoch, so repeats of live games is good enough for me.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #50: Jan 03, 2015 08:44:18 pm
      To be honest, surprised it was free for this long considering the Chavs and Mancs have been charging subscription for years.
      And that was another thing that made us different. The family club, not any more, just grab what you can, they'll pay.

glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #51: Jun 13, 2015 11:15:34 am
      Apologies for resurrecting this ancient thread - it's been a while since LFCTV went subscription based. How are you guys getting on with it? I'm considering getting LFCTV GO as £45 for the year seems pretty fair and I'd quite like to watch the legends stuff.

Is it worth it?

Is the non-match stuff a bit sh*te?

Cheers all.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #52: Jun 13, 2015 11:38:50 am
      I used to have one of those little scrambling boxes that hooked into the black box for cable TV. Got every extra channel for for free - best 50 quid I ever spent.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #53: Jun 13, 2015 12:01:30 pm
      Apologies for resurrecting this ancient thread - it's been a while since LFCTV went subscription based. How are you guys getting on with it? I'm considering getting LFCTV GO as £45 for the year seems pretty fair and I'd quite like to watch the legends stuff.

Is it worth it?

Is the non-match stuff a bit sh*te?

Cheers all.

I mainly use it to rewatch games and watch the youth and academy stuff when I get a chance.  I don't really watch any of the other output, but for the football alone, for me, it's worth it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #54: Jun 13, 2015 12:03:26 pm
      I mainly use it to rewatch games and watch the youth and academy stuff when I get a chance.  I don't really watch any of the other output, but for the football alone, for me, it's worth it.

I keep forgetting I've got it, and have hardly watched it at all  :laugh:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #55: Jun 13, 2015 12:05:06 pm

Is that because of age, drink :drink: , dope :spliff: , early onset alzheimers ???  or all of the above? ;)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Jun 13, 2015 12:06:56 pm

I used to have it on all the time when Paul wasn't around but I rarely put it on now apart from the Academy games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Jun 13, 2015 12:07:17 pm
      Is that because of age, drink, dope, early onset alzheimers or all of the above? ;)

:drink: :spliff: ???

I like to call it "combination therapy" as far as the middle 2 go  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #58: Jun 13, 2015 12:08:28 pm
      I used to have it on all the time when Paul wasn't around but I rarely put it on now apart from the Academy games.

I think it was you who recommended it to me for the Academy games mate.

Then I forgot.
      Again.
      And again.
       :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #59: Jun 13, 2015 12:15:28 pm
      I think it was you who recommended it to me for the Academy games mate.

Then I forgot.
      Again.
      And again.
       :laugh:

I do usually do a reminder in the appropriate thread when there's a game on mate although I've been a bit late with some of them recently.  I think I just got out of the habit of checking for games when the station was being upgraded, then there were barely any games left by the time it came back on.

***Reminder to self, must do better next season***   :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Jun 13, 2015 12:16:57 pm
      I do usually do a reminder in the appropriate thread when there's a game on mate although I've been a bit late with some of them recently.  I think I just got out of the habit of checking for games when the station was being upgraded, then there were barely any games left by the time it came back on.

***Reminder to self, must do better next season***   :D

I keep forgetting to check the thread as well  :lmao:

Might as well give in to the senior moments and just enjoy the ride  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Jun 13, 2015 12:25:09 pm
      I keep forgetting to check the thread as well  :lmao:

Might as well give in to the senior moments and just enjoy the ride  :laugh:

Ah, yes the ride of our lives, the Mother of all rides.  Not only don't you know where you're going, you can't remember where you've been either   :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: Jun 13, 2015 12:34:44 pm
      Ah, yes the ride of our lives, the Mother of all rides.  Not only don't you know where you're going, you can't remember where you've been either   :lmao:

Success these days is measured differently to my youth.
      Remembering what I went into a room for instead of standing there scratching my head now counts as success  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #63: Jun 13, 2015 12:36:37 pm
      Success these days is measured differently to my youth.
      Remembering what I went into a room for instead of standing there scratching my head now counts as success  :laugh:

I know that feeling only too well mate  :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Jun 13, 2015 01:17:19 pm
      I know that feeling only too well mate  :D

and so it continues, as I forgot to reply  :lmao:

I'm now wondering how I can turn this to my advantage.
      "What do you mean dear, we were supposed to go out tonight. I don't remember that"  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #65: Jun 13, 2015 01:37:34 pm
      and so it continues, as I forgot to reply  :lmao:

I'm now wondering how I can turn this to my advantage.
      "What do you mean dear, we were supposed to go out tonight. I don't remember that"  :laugh:

Now that's just mean  :o 

Thankfully you'll have forgotten you thought it by tomorrow  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #66: Jun 13, 2015 04:47:23 pm
      Now that's just mean  :o 

Thankfully you'll have forgotten you thought it by tomorrow  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

He's already forgotten Debs.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Jun 13, 2015 05:03:34 pm

Seems so Si.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Jun 13, 2015 06:28:55 pm
      forgotten what?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #69: Jun 13, 2015 06:55:38 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #70: Jun 13, 2015 06:57:46 pm

Unfortunately not.
      It's indelibly imprinted in my memory as it has been shifted to the long term memory dept of my brain, and apparently, the fella running that is fine.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #71: Jun 13, 2015 07:23:14 pm
      Tomorrow afternoon about 4.30 ish they have the real Madrid v Liverpool legends match on
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,929 posts | 4990 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #72: Jun 13, 2015 08:06:51 pm
      I used to watch it all the time when I was on the broo(dole), but now I'm working I don't get to see much at all, I still subscribe thru sky tho, how dare I start work and contribute to society eh !  :f_whistle:

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #73: Jun 14, 2015 02:36:50 pm
      [quote author=6stringer link=topic=46904.msg1689721#msg1689721 date=1414608622
      If they showed live games fair enough but i'm not interested in finding out what hair gel Coutinho uses or what car Studge's pimping round in... :roll:
      [/quote]

For me it is all about value for money and to be honest LFC TV is very poor Value for money... Most of the programs  are very poor and repeated at nauseum. I believe the channel needs any overhaul and progarms up dated, and more current news about LFC, Live Reserves and under 21/17 matches, reports from around Europe and as I believe it was "RedPuppy" who said it LFC's version of SSN Breaking News... At Present LFC TV very little that i cannot find elsewhere with the internet and a little effort
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #74: Jun 14, 2015 02:54:34 pm

????

I don't understand this mindset. £7 is nothing in the grand scheme. Cost of 20 cigs near enough, or a popcorn and juice at the cinema ???
       I rarely go to games and don't live in Liverpool so watching lfctv from time to time is my way of staying in touch with the club, £7 is a small price to pay for that

Wish I had read this post before posting,

I am like you, I do not attend games that often, BUT.... as i said it is about "Value for Money" and in this case £1 or £2 on top of an already over priced Sky/Virgin Media subscription may have been just about palatable but £7 ???

They(Sky) already tried get us to pay Monthly to watch teams play, then they tried "The Season ticket" then the "£10 Weekend Pass"... And "On and On" it will go...

If you or anyone else is happy paying it, then do so. Me, personally; I will soon cancel Sky (has not been Value for money in a long time) make a little effort and catch up on matches and news from elsewhere and use the money that I save to attend more live games
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #75: Jun 15, 2015 02:50:30 pm
      I have lots of 50% deals on sky, so they are paying for my £7 for LFC.TV.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #76: Oct 08, 2015 07:58:02 pm
      Anyone know of if it'll be free to air tomorrow for the press conference?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #77: Oct 09, 2015 07:24:51 am
      doubt it mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #78: Oct 09, 2015 07:47:16 am
      Anyone know of if it'll be free to air tomorrow for the press conference?

admire the optimism mate
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #79: Oct 09, 2015 07:53:49 am
      Must be a free stream somewhere surely?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #80: Oct 09, 2015 08:21:36 am
      My sky box is recording at 8am and 10am, will just catch it all tonight.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #81: Oct 09, 2015 09:46:42 am
      havent sky sports news got it live?
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times