Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC.TV (SKY - Virgin)

Read 18607 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: LFC.TV (SKY - Virgin)
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2014 09:26:24 am
      Being a mug I know I'll get it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #24: Oct 31, 2014 09:55:16 am
      Poor presenters poor sound quality and repeats

Hardly watched it when it was free, so a no brainer for me
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Oct 31, 2014 10:06:05 am
      I think the sound problems etc. will be sorted with the upgrade to HD.

As noted above I liked the thursday night show and press box, and the match day commentary if game not televised.

SO I will probs add it to my sky package.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2014 10:48:05 am
      What a total crock - they should be looking to capitalise on the revenue of advertising now bleeding the fans in the UK for extra revenue..!

For me the product they offer is not worth the same as some other well polished products - especially for overall view ability and entertainment, for example adding most of the 'documentary's' is about £10 a month and that would work for all the family...

So what do you get for your money..? Simply put not a lot - the running order equates to13 hours of viewing. 1 interview with Folwer, an hour and a half of Kop Kids, 15 mins of under 18's and the Swansea game. This interlinked with some old footage of goals and LFC World which is pretty poor to be honest. So am I going to pay for that - especially as it would take my Sky deal to almost £80 a month?!

Now, if they got all the live games (and honestly I still don't understand why this cant happen in oppose to Sky / BT so we could see every LFC game!) or even if they got them straight after  (so all games were 90mins late) I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I wont be adding, simply because its not a good enough product to really warrant adding. Real shame too as this could be a great channel that is free to air - showing a hell of a lot of games and helping us attract a lot of new fans...
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2014 12:19:01 pm

Now, if they got all the live games (and honestly I still don't understand why this cant happen in oppose to Sky / BT so we could see every LFC game!) or even if they got them straight after  (so all games were 90mins late) I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I wont be adding, simply because its not a good enough product to really warrant adding. Real shame too as this could be a great channel that is free to air - showing a hell of a lot of games and helping us attract a lot of new fans...

Jeez we're a fanbase that love a moan. You don't want it don't pay for it nobody's forcing you

Reason why they can't show live games is obviously because it clashes with the founding principle of the premier league in that tv deals are struck collectively in contrast to in Spain where 2 clubs eat up the vast majoriy of tv income
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2014 01:25:00 pm
      Thought it was sh*te when it was free so no chance of me paying for it.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2014 01:33:03 pm
      I want want to watch the U21s and U18s, so I will be purchasing in Jan!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2014 01:39:04 pm
      Nope, I used to watch the young uns and record LFC live to watch when I got home from work but the rest of it rehashed stuff that I've mostly seen, just because it'll be better quality won't make fork out 7 sovereigns for it. I don't know what chavtv and munttv are like but why do LFC value their service at £1 more?

They should of made it £4, they'd have probably doubled the subscriber base and made more.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2014 01:44:19 pm
      Nope, I used to watch the young uns and record LFC live to watch when I got home from work but the rest of it rehashed stuff that I've mostly seen, just because it'll be better quality won't make fork out 7 sovereigns for it. I don't know what chavtv and munttv are like but why do LFC value their service at £1 more?

They should of made it £4, they'd have probably doubled the subscriber base and made more.

????

I don't understand this mindset. £7 is nothing in the grand scheme. Cost of 20 cigs near enough, or a popcorn and juice at the cinema ???
       I rarely go to games and don't live in Liverpool so watching lfctv from time to time is my way of staying in touch with the club, £7 is a small price to pay for that
      LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2014 01:47:06 pm

????

I don't understand this mindset.

All depends on your budget mate, if you keep on adding to an already existing cost then you'd end up paying over £100 a month for tv, we've got the basics, docs. kids & music, I don't even pay for sports and we're still paying £54 a month.

It's not a mindset as such, it's more a principal.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33: Oct 31, 2014 01:52:38 pm
      All depends on your budget mate, if you keep on adding to an already existing cost then you'd end up paying over £100 a month for tv, we've got the basics, docs. kids & music, I don't even pay for sports and we're still paying £54 a month.

It's not a mindset as such, it's more a principal.

Fair enough
      I take turns between having sky in my name and my partners, means you're always paying half price and you get the incentives
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #34: Oct 31, 2014 02:54:49 pm

Jeez we're a fanbase that love a moan. You don't want it don't pay for it nobody's forcing you

Reason why they can't show live games is obviously because it clashes with the founding principle of the premier league in that tv deals are struck collectively in contrast to in Spain where 2 clubs eat up the vast majoriy of tv income

Yes - I would say that we are a fanbase that loves a moan too - however we are also a fanbase that are asked to stump up £700 a season ticket (3rd highest in prem for cheapest) and the second most expensive entry level ticket at £38 a game. On top of that they want £50 for a shirt - a kids shirt is about that too..!

Honestly, I don't give a rats ass about the founding principles of the Premier league - has it been good for football - honestly I don't think so. Has it been good for English football - and Liverpool, well I would say no, not really. What do we have now we didn't 30 years ago?! Its great for the money men, for the fans who want to see their club become a franchise or a rich mans play thing.

Im not a total purist, and don't call to be one - I am however an average fan of Liverpool FC - who care deeply about this club and other fans, fans that are now being asked stump up again more money to watch their club in any guise. It stinks to be honest....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Oct 31, 2014 03:21:05 pm
      It really isn't a quality channel and I have watched it since day one. they haven't been doing match commentary only and the guide is a joke it seldom reflects what is actually shown.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Nov 01, 2014 08:23:13 am
      Cancel the fascist BBC tv licence fee, and use that to pay LFC.TV. :-)

Here is how to dodge tv license dudes when they come knocking.

https://www.facebook.com/activeresistancetothetvlicence?fref=ts
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Nov 01, 2014 09:46:45 am
      Another way to milk the fans.
      F**k that. Maybe sign some World Class players first.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2014 06:10:34 pm
      Yes - I would say that we are a fanbase that loves a moan too - however we are also a fanbase that are asked to stump up £700 a season ticket (3rd highest in prem for cheapest) and the second most expensive entry level ticket at £38 a game. On top of that they want £50 for a shirt - a kids shirt is about that too..!

Honestly, I don't give a rats ass about the founding principles of the Premier league - has it been good for football - honestly I don't think so. Has it been good for English football - and Liverpool, well I would say no, not really. What do we have now we didn't 30 years ago?! Its great for the money men, for the fans who want to see their club become a franchise or a rich mans play thing.

Im not a total purist, and don't call to be one - I am however an average fan of Liverpool FC - who care deeply about this club and other fans, fans that are now being asked stump up again more money to watch their club in any guise. It stinks to be honest....
      [/quote

Well said great post

glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2014 07:43:27 am
      Having recently got rid of Sky Sports (& movies) - too damn expensive - I'm missing my regular fix and MOTD just doesn't cut it.

Those of you who do get LFCTV - is it worth it? I'm tempted and it certainly costs less than Sky Sports. How long does it take for match highlights/full game to come on?

Cheers
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Dec 31, 2014 09:05:20 am
      I don't have Sky - never had and never will but they'll only charge and continue to charge, if people are prepared to pay.

Vote with your feet and the cost will come down.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #41: Dec 31, 2014 09:33:21 am
      Hey they've got to help pay for the stadium refurb somehow along with ticket price hike this is just another revenue stream(yup fans pockets again).
      Not a chance am I paying for this as to be honest it was a bit sh*t youth games were worth a watch but the rest was endless repeats £7 no ta.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Dec 31, 2014 11:41:09 am
      I don't have Sky - never had and never will but they'll only charge and continue to charge, if people are prepared to pay.

Vote with your feet and the cost will come down.

good luck with that, been thinking that for last 20 years
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Jan 03, 2015 12:11:19 am
      For anyone who has LFCGO, do they show live U21 & U18 games? I can't seem to find anything on the site and it seems as if they show highlights only?

If this is the case, I guess I'll be going for LFCTV.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Jan 03, 2015 12:52:01 am
      "LFC TV's Peter McDowall to announce the team".

Whilst George announces the subs, injury time and plays some tunes. An Anfield tradition!!

This is in no way, shape or form an attack on Peter - he seems like a sound lad, does a boss job in the media and has took advantage of his opportunity, so good on him.

But stop and think about how money is being spent at LFC.

And you now get charged for watching LFC TV. Kids love LFC TV. It's not for grown ups. It's for kids. I'm 37 and if LFC TV would have been about in the early 80's, it would have been the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't care less now. I know LFC is a club and not about individuals. But when you're a kid, you have idols.

By charging for LFC TV, LFC have removed a lot of future fans from their fan base. A lot of honest ones. It'll be left to the parents, uncles and aunties to scramble for a ticket or maybe watch the match in an alehouse.

But it's OK. When they get home from the match, they can talk to their kids about how LFC TV's Peter McDowall said "and for Liverpooooooooooool"....

I find it a bit rich to have Shankly speaking in the promo as if he would have endorsed fleecing the fans for as much as possible

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Jan 03, 2015 08:11:58 am
      "LFC TV's Peter McDowall to announce the team".

Whilst George announces the subs, injury time and plays some tunes. An Anfield tradition!!

This is in no way, shape or form an attack on Peter - he seems like a sound lad, does a boss job in the media and has took advantage of his opportunity, so good on him.

But stop and think about how money is being spent at LFC.

And you now get charged for watching LFC TV. Kids love LFC TV. It's not for grown ups. It's for kids. I'm 37 and if LFC TV would have been about in the early 80's, it would have been the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't care less now. I know LFC is a club and not about individuals. But when you're a kid, you have idols.

By charging for LFC TV, LFC have removed a lot of future fans from their fan base. A lot of honest ones. It'll be left to the parents, uncles and aunties to scramble for a ticket or maybe watch the match in an alehouse.

But it's OK. When they get home from the match, they can talk to their kids about how LFC TV's Peter McDowall said "and for Liverpooooooooooool"....

It's not for kids really? I'm the same age as you but had lfctv on religiously before they started charging for it, still upset about that. Not because I'm stingy, it's just the greed. It takes money to run it yes but the fan base generates the money behind closed doors, also the using lfc as a brand in foreign market money can go towards the upkeep.
      Weird move by the club.

Quick Reply