Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Brad Jones
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.1%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Javier Manquillo
      1 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.1%)
      Phil Coutinho
      39 (39.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.1%)
      Fabio Borini
      38 (38.8%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)
      Mario Balotelli
      6 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2014 10:04:00 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City: In game and Post Match debate

Read 27623 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #552: Oct 31, 2014 12:01:54 am
      Borini was lively and his energetic runs through the channels and pressing were impressive. I hope he gets a few more chances to prove himself, but his window is closing with Studge's return imminent.

Lazar was poor and ineffectual, but he needs to be given time to adapt. I think Brendan needs to leave him on the bench for a few weeks and let him continue to settle into the team. It can't be easy for a young kid to come to a new team/league and struggle. I'm sure his confidence is shot at the moment....

Cheers mate.

I'd start Borini against Newcastle, I think it can only be a positive thing (I mean, things can't get much worse can they?!) and he has looked the most dangerous and worked best as a pairing with Balo.

Markovic should have been loaned out for the season, clearly not ready!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #553: Oct 31, 2014 11:17:09 am
      Not had chance to see the game yet so can't really comment. Another failure to keep a clean sheet doesn't surprise me though. How did Borini play? Seems like the few times he has played this season he has done well....be he will be left out until the next round though. Heard Markovic had another mare, can anybody shed some light on this?

Mostly played wide, gave Taylor  a torrid time and roughed him up a bit, created a couple of half chances for himself, one with a great turn and snap shot, and put in a cracking cross for the first goal. Best game in a Liverpool shirt for me.

Markovic showed a couple of glimpses, but it appears he is unsure about his role. Tentative, and a bit lost.

Quick Reply