Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Sky sports pop at Ireland

Read 1941 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Sky sports pop at Ireland
      Nov 13, 2014 01:59:09 pm
      Sky sports apparently had a pop at Ireland for teh amount of non irish in the squad at the moment.

Its far from ideal to have to use players born in another country (Scotland/England not Nortehrn Ireland) but if these players wabnt to represent the country of there parents or grandparents whats the problem? Lets be honest most of them are never going to make the England squd

But before sky start throwing stones they might remember a few things. First off teh current England cricket captain is as Irish as me. Plus 2 of your best players in the last few years are far from English. Have a look at your rugby team not 100% English

The England football team despite having 92 clubs to pick from has down the years used Nigerians Jamaicans Canadians Welsh (Rob Jones) Terry Butcher is from Singapore!!

And as for our opponents on Friday is any of Gilks Bardsley Mackie, Mackall-Smith, Martin, Morrison or Phillips born in Scotland?

It goes on Brazillians playing for Spain Africans playing for France Germany have had a few non Germans down the years

So have your pop Sky but check your own history and that of other countries first
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Sky sports pop at Ireland
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2014 03:04:13 pm
      Until Tony Cascarino is adequately explained, Sky may have a point.  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2014 03:09:52 pm
      English Cricket has taken players AFTER they have represented Ireland,
      so F**k off Sky Sports.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2014 04:09:10 pm
      The present and past England cricket team, more like a Rest of World XI, but no one seems to mention this in the media.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2014 04:38:24 pm
      The present and past England cricket team, more like a Rest of World XI, but no one seems to mention this in the media.

Now I stopped reading newspapers a few years ago, but I remember this popping up every now and again.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2014 04:54:42 pm
      Wouldn't blame sky more the people/saying it, unless it was on an advert sky ran? Any chance you can find a video Brian? Seems like a cheap pop for a loudmouth. Would love to hear Eamon Dumphies view on things  :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2014 04:55:59 pm
      Wouldn't blame sky more the people/saying it, unless it was on an advert sky ran? Any chance you can find a video Brian? Seems like a cheap pop for a loudmouth. Would love to hear Eamon Dumphies view on things  :D

Preferably after he's had a few and is "Tired and emotional"
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Nov 14, 2014 11:02:08 am
      I seem to remember a story about ten years or so ago about Rooney getting overheard saying words to the effect of he felt more affinity to his Irish roots than English but financially he went for England. Speaks volumes really.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Nov 14, 2014 07:53:08 pm

I never want to be this guy, but I grew up all my life in England and in Liverpool or kirkby, My dads Spanish and my mums origins are more Irish and Welsh, than English. I don't like the idea of royal servitude, I may pick Ireland more than England, or Spain just because. (if I played sports)
      See the complexity of it? I'd feel like a bit of a traitor because I only know the English upbringing, Liverpool is more Irish in attitude (?) so I'm still not comparing myself to Rooney right? Please no...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Nov 14, 2014 07:55:31 pm
      I never want to be this guy, but I grew up all my life in England and in Liverpool or kirkby, My dads Spanish and my mums origins are more Irish and Welsh, than English. I don't like the idea of royal servitude, I may pick Ireland more than England, or Spain just because. (if I played sports)
      See the complexity of it? I'd feel like a bit of a traitor because I only know the English upbringing, Liverpool is more Irish in attitude (?) so I'm still not comparing myself to Rooney right? Please no...

You'll never get a game for Spain though. :D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Nov 14, 2014 08:04:19 pm
      You'll never get a game for Spain though. :D

hehehe :D Well now I won't no ;D, I had so much potential, I could've been a contender *hands aloft*
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: Nov 22, 2014 04:27:13 pm
      English Cricket has taken players AFTER they have represented Ireland,
      so
      F**k off Sky Sports.

Fixed that.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #12: Nov 25, 2014 12:05:22 pm
      No one really cares as the players are sh*te anyway!!

Quick Reply