Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Do you miss having Leeds in the Prem?

Read 1285 times
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Do you miss having Leeds in the Prem?
      Nov 17, 2014 07:35:53 pm
      They're quite a scummy club, but do you miss having them around in the Prem?

I'd personally quite like to have them back. In terms of history/culture/fans they are just so much more interesting than the likes of Stoke, Hull and Burnley. Not that I think any team has a 'right' to play in the 1st division just because of what it's done in the past, but it would certainly make things more entertaining if they did manage to get themselves promoted for me.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Do you miss having Leeds in the Prem?
      Reply #1: Nov 17, 2014 08:05:24 pm

I'd personally quite like to have them back. In terms of history/culture/fans they are just so much more interesting than the likes of Stoke, Hull and Burnley. Not that I think any team has a 'right' to play in the 1st division just because of what it's done in the past, but it would certainly make things more entertaining if they did manage to get themselves promoted for me.

I'd rather have Derby, Forest or Wednesday back before Leeds.  Horrible, scummy club with even scummier fans.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2: Nov 17, 2014 08:28:34 pm

This makes me miss certain teams from the top flight, like Blackburn Rovers and others more than want Leeds back necessarily, always seem to have memories of Leeds having snide players and the worst superiority complex without having earned it in any way.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3: Nov 17, 2014 08:36:03 pm
      This makes me miss certain teams from the top flight, like Blackburn Rovers and others more than want Leeds back necessarily, always seem to have memories of Leeds having snide players and the worst superiority complex without having earned it in any way.

Agreed, Blackburn for sure, Forest is a good shout but Leeds, while definitely a club with an identity I despise that identity and couldn't stand their fans so I'd prefer them not to get back up.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2014 03:19:10 pm
      Absolutely not. Scummy fan base so what fans are there to feel sorry for? Hope they stay down.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2014 06:37:02 pm
      No.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2014 11:05:10 pm
      Certainly not if the boot was on the other foot, Leeds fans would not give a f**k about LFC, I say let them rot in the lower leagues.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #7: Nov 18, 2014 11:52:48 pm
      No.

Quick Reply