Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

FIFA

Read 2768 times
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer
      • Started Topic

• 192 posts |
      FIFA
      Nov 19, 2014 09:56:12 pm
      I don't know if this is the right place for this, so please move it appropriate mods.

But what is everyone's thoughts with FIFA and the circus currently developing around this investigation.

If FIFA is given the all clear and the WC in Qatar goes ahead, that would mean it would occur during the middle of the season. Which could prove disastrous for many teams with players going to the tournament. For other teams it would be a great advantage with there players just on the fringe and being fresh and strong after the World Cup ends.

It also asks a lot of questions about whether FIFA can continue in its current role? Will you countries FA's joining together to boycott FIFA and go it alone.

Could this be the start of a massive change in world football? Or will the crooks at FIFA hide behind the courts and appeals and legal innuendo?

Interested to hear everyone else's thoughts.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: FIFA
      Reply #1: Nov 19, 2014 10:42:16 pm
      There is no valid reason on this earth why a World Cup should be hosted in Qatar ever, never mind the reorganising of whole league structures to do it.
      Name an influential Qatar player, just one who has done anything in international football?

They have no right to host this event, which leaves the question, how are they hosting it?

Money, bribery, political muscle.
      My only answers I can come up with.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2: Nov 20, 2014 12:57:26 am
      As corrupt as Blatter and his cronies are, they're only in office if the countries vote for them and unfortunately there are far too many countries who view corruption as a natural way of doing business so if they feel it suits their needs for FIFA to continue on as is, nothing is going to change. A lot is going to depend upon what the FBI says after their investigation because it's really going to take a view that there are people to pursue over criminal activity and sponsors to start pulling the plug on their association with FIFA before real change will be ushered in. As with all things, money talks but that can be a force for change as much as it has been a force for corruption for the last two decades.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Nov 20, 2014 02:17:18 am
      As much as I have my own views on the farce that is FIFA  and the FA  ... this is a Forum about the mighty  Liverpool Football Club
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Nov 20, 2014 04:49:30 pm
      Think this should be in general football chat?

As for Fifa something fishy is going on when the man who did the research for the report has openly said he doesn't agree with what was presented under his name.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Nov 20, 2014 09:14:16 pm
      I don't know if this is the right place for this,

It's not.

Think this should be in general football chat?

Close but no cigar.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer
      • Started Topic

• 192 posts |
      Reply #6: Nov 20, 2014 10:38:26 pm

Would you care to enlighten us to where it should be posted?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Nov 20, 2014 11:07:05 pm
      Would you care to enlighten us to where it should be posted?

Where I've moved it too.

Nothing to t do with LFC, so the Kop is not the correct Board.

FIFA is the the world governing body for Football, so guess what, it's now in the European and World Football board.

Excuse the sarcasm, but the post in the Kop said it all,

Plus the board title is at the top of the page.

Quick Reply